It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a leader, Tea Partiers issue invite to Palin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Possible, but many will also fall for it.

What does that do? Divides us again.

You're correct, it's a shame. Can't win for losing

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Could you please give me an example why anyone should be scared? The polls show that independants don't really care for her, and neither do dems.

Show me those polls, please.

She has over 1,000 speaking engagements lined up. Are you trying to tell me they are all Republicans that want to hear her?

She can't win an election without bringing some people over to her side, like dems and independents. She scares them all away. You can't win an election with less than 30% of the country behind you, which is republicans.

She's not running for election. She can be much more efective in her current role.

Like I've said numerous times, how do you expect Palin to unite anyone when it has been shown again and again that the only group she unites its republicans?

And this is where you are wrong. She has no allegiance to the Republican party, esp. given the way they threw her under the bus in 2008. If anything, she will destroy McCain and his ilk.

In 2008, most conservatives stayed home. Most Indys and many Dems held their noses and voted for Obama. 2010 and 2012 will be a different picture, mark my words.

Just wait till she makes the friendly talk shows, such as Limbaugh, Hannity, and Ingraham.

Meanwhile, Obama is cutting his own throat with ObamaCare, Cap and Trade, Amnesty, etc.
The American people won't buy it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You people are wrong....Sarah Palin is no friend of the Republican party.

WTF
The REPUBLICAN VP nominee is not a friend of her own party? Did she quit that too?

And that's a good thing. After the way they set her up in 2008, they'd better be running scared from her.

Set her up?
Did they put a gun to her head when she accepted the nomination? Was all that winking actually Morse code as a signal of distress?

As I see it, she had every opportunity to shine with poise, confidence and intelligence, but she blew it on every turn without fail.

Beauty and brains. Well, one out of two ain't bad until she gets older. But by then a homely person could become educated.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
disgusting... sarah palin is trash and a tool and definately not tea party material, im amazed they are even considering her being apart of the moevment. to even invite her is disgraceful, wtf are they thinking... ron paul is the only deserving candidate

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

WTF The REPUBLICAN VP nominee is not a friend of her own part? Did she quit that too?

Surely you are not that naive? What is that supposed to mean?

Ever hear of 'Et tu, brutus'?

She is still stinging from the R party's treatment of her.

In all intellectual honesty, you have to acknowledge that.

Seriously, dude, it's beginning to appear that you are trolling again...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You are exactly right. She was set up as the perfect anti Political Party candidate, no doubt about it. McCain gave her the spotlight she needed for the national stage. This has always been the plan.

She was the Governor of Alaska, a big time oil state, think about it.

She's a pawn and she has her sights targeted at us. I'm not falling for it but apparently many already have.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

WTF The REPUBLICAN VP nominee is not a friend of her own party? Did she quit that too?

Surely you are not that naive? What is that supposed to mean?

Ironic that a poster makes knowingly outrageous claims (Sarah Palin is no friend of the Republican party) then acts dumbfounded when someone dare question its validity.

Honestly, I don't consider my self a "troll." I strive to make a case for my position and make every effort to provide an erudite source or data when possible.

The "Troll" label is generally levied by someone who has no firm logical basis for argument. I am equally disappointed by your downward spiral.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think Sarah Palin might show up at the very end and rally the
American people against the entire Obama agenda.
I can hear the cheers already.
The timing would be GREAT!
Obama throws out Poll driven "magical words" Sept 9, 2009.
Sarah shows up in Washiington DC September 12, 2009 and
checkmates the Obama nonsense. Go Sarah!
She also needs to have a great speech in Hong Kong.
The whole world could soon be cheering for Sarah Palin.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Let's just see how this rolls out. I am still holding on to my opinion that if she subscribes to the Tea Party philosophy then she will only help the cause.

And anger liberals is a bonus that can't be ignored.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

McCain gave her the spotlight she needed for the national stage.

Not really. They intentionally mis-handled her introduction to the national stage.

Instead of easing her in to friendly shows, such as Hannity and Limbaugh, they threw her to the ultra-libs such as Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric.

Then they crucified her because she couldn't name her 'favorite magazine'.

They knew the election was lost and needed a scapegoat. McCain was/is the biggest a-hole here. They wanted to protect his legacy.

Even after the election, they made an issue about her campaign clothes.:shk:

During the election, they did nothing to protect her family from the foul attacks of the left.

So don't think she is a friend of the Republicans.

Payback will be sweet.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
She needs to have a great speech in Hong Kong.
The whole world could soon be cheering for Sarah Palin.

I am sorry to divert but since you bring up an upcoming speaking engagement with a language barrier, I am reminded of.............................................
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53e5a913b799.jpg[/atsimg]

No disrespect meant to dogs or citizens of Hong Kong.

Perhaps they are expecting an actual pitbull with lipstick.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Can you not participate in a discussion without making disparaging remarks about someone?

This time, it's the Chinese.

You imply that they cannot understand English.

There are such things as interpreters, you know.

I'm really growing weary of this.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Oh.... See I don't believe there is a Republican or Democrat. I believe they are really one party and only use different tactics to achieve the same unified goals.

Your right about everything you said. I just don't see this through the same eyes as you.

I think the media and the Republicans attacked her so hard so she could attack back and it would look authentic. This is about to begin, a hardcore attack campaign from her to the media. She will also be attacking both parties, no doubt.

The thing is, I believe it was all planned beforehand. I see it almost like a playbook their playing from. With varying degrees of outcomes depending upon the public response from each event.

So far I've been correct about Palin, time will tell if it stays that way.

Edit to correct a possible misinterpretation.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Polls.

CNN Poll August 2009

Palins dropping in the polls. What a surprise.

Rasmussen Reports August 2009

It says alot when just last month most would rather listen to Clinton than Palin, and would rather vote for Clinton over Palin.

R asmussen Reports July

Almost half of GOP voters said Palins resignation hurts her chances of winning in 2012, i'm sure it also has an impact on what everyone else thinks about her and what she says.

Fox News Poll

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's personal ratings have slipped and most people think the best job for her now that she has resigned as governor is away from the world of politics.

So it seems everyone is in agreement, she quit her job so she could criticize the way everyone else was doing there jobs more freely, and that she needs to be away from the world of politics. Once a quiter always a quiter.

Now could you find me some polls that refute what I say? Since you said that Americans love Palin and would do a great job being a mouth piece in politics I would love to see some polls that prove that stance.

Can you tell me anything good that has come out of the recent polls on the quiter Palin.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And Palin is no different then McCain, she stood up on that stage during the debate and defended McCain's neo-con policys, and even agreed with Dick Cheneys stance that the powers of the vice-president should be expanded beyond it's constitutional limits. And her social policies are only ones that hard right conservatives will embrace, not the majority of Americans.

And like in my previous post, most people think Sarah Palin should be out of politics altogether. I don't blame them.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

All those polls assume she has made a bid for office. That is not the case, so the polls are meaningless.

As far as her new found popularity, the fact that she has over 1,070 speaking invitations speaks for itself.

Everybody is worried about her chances at being elected POTUS. I don't think that is her goal. And that makes me wonder why she is gathering such nervous attention from the libs and the MSM....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

That's the real fun at looking at these threads with Palin in the title.

The same liberals that scream racism, hatred, Bush did-it-first, give Obama time. . . .
Are slamming Palin, from her looks, her intelligence, her attitudes, religious beliefs, political beliefs. . .

It makes for some fun, light reading.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

All those polls assume she has made a bid for office. That is not the case, so the polls are meaningless.

The last one doesn't, and even so they aren't meaningless. If more people would rather have Clinton in the White House than Palin then I would assume that people would rather listen to her than Palin. Can you not see the logic in that? If not please explain to me why you can't.

And the last poll you ignored, most people would rather see Palin away from politics. Sorry to burst your Palin is the messiah bubble.

As far as her new found popularity, the fact that she has over 1,070 speaking invitations speaks for itself.

I could care less about how many invitations she has, the polls speak for themselves and they are scientific, yeah i'm sure that sarah palin has 1070 people out there that support her and want her to speak, your point? It doesn't change the fact that most Americans want her out of the world of politics. And untill you show me a poll saying otherwise i'll stick to my beliefs.

And now that you bring that up. Do you know how many invitations George Dubya gets to speak? Or what about Bill Clinton, alot of people dislike them, but there are going to be people out there that still want to hear what thye have to say, doesn't make them right though. There's always going to be people out there that support the most unpopular of people no matter what, so it doesn't surprise me that she has that many invitations, when she starts getting millions, i'll listen, but 1,070 in a country of 300,000,000+ really puts it in perspective.

Everybody is worried about her chances at being elected POTUS. I don't think that is her goal. And that makes me wonder why she is gathering such nervous attention from the libs and the MSM....

She gathers so much attention because she's the easiest 'conservative' to pick on, she quit her job, and now she wants to criticize how everyone else does there job, do you not see the irony in that?

And the only thing bi-partisan going on here is that libs, independants, dems, and yes even conservatives are showing there dislike of Palin, and aren't afraid to show it in the polls.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Can you please point out which users are doing that in this post? Because as far as I can see that opinion is baseless.

The majority posting in this thread are independents, i'd say 75%.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

With apologies, I should have said, "over-all". Actually this thread has been fairly decent to her.

I was speaking in more general terms and should have been more specific.

mea culpa

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join