It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial New 9/11 Ad (must see)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hi all,

The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) has condemned a poster bearing its logo that shows dozens of planes pointed towards New York with a 9/11-themed tagline.

Produced as part of a pitch by a Brazilian ad agency and featuring the line 'The Tsunami Killed 100 Times More People Than 9/11', the poster caused outrage in the United States.

I was just browsing the web and discovered a new ad featuring a line 'The Tsunami Killed 100 Times More People Than 9/11', it shows a picture of New York with the Twin Towers still in place with around 100 planes bearing down on NY's centre, im not sure about you guys here at A.T.S, but to me it feels a bit soon and in bad taste for my fellow americans,

How do others feel about this??

Bad Taste?

Mods , i feel i may have misplaced this thread in the wrong forum...

[edit on 2/9/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
that is sick as fudge somone needs a good slap over that!!!!!!! how irresponsible can some people be??? but then again is it irresponsibilty or are they sending us some kind of sick message?????

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by juggalo77

Totally agree, hasnt even been a decade and already some campaigner has decided that its ok to stir the pot........

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Was really hoping to get a few replies before im off to bed, seems ATS members see a thread named Controversial New 9/11 Ad and feel theres no need for response nor a feel for contribution...... Perhaps its not too soon for things like this at all,

my mistake....,.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Bad taste? How about one of the most offensive things I have ever seen, no matter who was responsible for the attacks. Why not just show an image of Hiroshima with a similar caption. They should get a big knock on the head, forget slap on the wrist!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Ahh, a reply, thankyou. S & F so others see the bs that we are subjected to.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well everyone so quickly gets offended (same people who are fine ignoring the blatant inconsistencies of the official story) they miss a highly important point.

3000 Americans, though killed unexpectedly and in a fairly terrifying way, is merely a drop in the bucket when one considers the amount of Americans that die each year.

These same people look past the fact that multiple things prematurely kill an exponentially larger amount of American people each year. Yet we spend a fraction of the money and time on defeating them. Instead we have sent nearly 10,000 men and women to die on top of our original 3000. Should we bring up suicide? Life ruining trauma? Life ruining injuries? The 911 first responders? We'll also ignore that 2010 will mark the 1 trillion mark on wasted war spending.

So what is it that some people value, is it really life? Because the actions of the government over the last 10 years especially shows that to be the farthest from the truth. People who lost family on 911 aside - most of you have no emotional investment in anyone that died on that day. Just like you may not have any investment in the hundreds of thousands of people who will die this year due to complications of obesity. So why get so offended about 3000?

All while missing an important message. The tiny little boxes people live in never cease to surprise me.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by king9072]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
that is so wrong...did they think it thru b4 anything else?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Stupid ad, produced by unimaginative people.

My bet is the people in this Brazilian ad agency derived intended satisfaction by the secondary messages implied by this ad.

Good for the WWF condemning it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
So what is it that some people value, is it really life? Because the actions of the government over the last 10 years especially shows that to be the farthest from the truth.

I must agree with you on this one. I can understand people being offended because of the initial shock at the thought of this ad. But when I think about it, if it's the lives of those people that we really value, what about the lives lost to everything else, including the Tsunami?

My opinion is that it's NOT life that's being valued. It's the drama. It's so-called "patriotism". It's emotionalism. It stems from a feeling of ours being more important than others' and the betrayal of safety we felt on that day.

That said, I fully understand why people are offended. But after the initial shock, I'm not offended. I think it's like art. Each person is going to take from it according to their own context.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
all the people who died in the world trade center, died from ritualistic sacrifice.

It's time to forget 9/11. All this 'never forget' propaganda really martyrs all these people who were sacrificed that day for a grand staged ritual.

It's time to 'never forget' how destructive it is going up against other human beings. To those who are self destructive, let them die in their own black world. To the people with hearts, use them and stop letting the 'divide and conquer' mechanism manipulate you.

Who cares what a poster says? A lot of people die annually. Let them become unattached from this earthly realm and stop martyring the dead. For when you die you'll go to where the dead live in death, if you continue to martyr.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Here's the picture everyone is talking about.

I uploaded it to my ATS Media.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edcea9fdd932.jpg[/atsimg]

If the World Wildlife Fund did not approve it, they should be seeking a lawsuit.

Here's a larger version of it, I could not resize it to a slightly smaller one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65fd98e5aa3a.jpg[/atsimg]

I am not happy about this picture at all.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I actually think this poster is great, it is so true. It causes outrage and attention, unfortunately the masses just get offended rather than looking at the actually point of the poster.

To those who get offended, are you claiming that 3000 American lives are worth more than the 10's of thousands of people who died in the tsunami? If so I am pretty offended by that claim.

As an environmental science student this is something that is close to my heart, we seem to forget that we are not the only things that inhabit this planet and we all need to take a look at this. And to a larger extent we seem to have lost a connectivity within the universe with anything that doesn't closely effect us (i.e. being so outraged about 9/11 yet not giving a stuff about the tsunami or even the masses dying each day).

Sorry but you people who just shun this poster because your outraged are those who have made me lose my faith in humanity.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks heaps SpartanKing, thats what i tried to do in my OP, but havnt worked that part out yet.

And thankyou all for participating in my thread, its great to see the different points of views being put forward.

cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

No worries mate. The picture absolutely irritates me to no end, no matter my thoughts on the official version of the story verses the conspiracy theories out there.

This picture was just absolutely insensitive no matter how you paint it out.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Any ideas what the "ALU" stands for on the plane?

[edit on 2-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

hey, dont get people started Loam, next you'll see posts on here relating to the picture concerning the planes have no shadows so maybe there holograms!!

Damn this site is addictive, i must get up for work in a few hours.

Nite all.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattieon

Who in the heck said they don't care about those that died in the Tsunami? The US sent a lot of aid to help Indonesia after that, we had clothing and food drives to help them. Don't tell me I don't care about ANYONE caught in a disaster, I was injured in a F5 tornado and my grandmother was killed. The comparison of terrorism and natural disasters CANNOT be made!!! We were attacked by an enemy, not nature. NO COMPARISON

Stop spouting hate when you have no idea what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

When it comes to organizations like F.E.M.A. they see nature as warfare.

I agree with you that the act of terrorism was atrocious.

I am just stating that F.E.M.A. is a quasi-military organization, acting in a civilian emergency capacity.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I didn't mention one single word about FEMA. I am saying that there is no way to compare nature to terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join