It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial New 9/11 Ad (must see)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I didn't mention one single word about FEMA. I am saying that there is no way to compare nature to terrorism.

I did not state that you mentioned F.E.M.A.

I brought it up because of the nature of nature being stated in a propaganda style picture through the World Wildlife Fund's atrocious picture and nature being equivalated to terror.

I was actually reinforcing your argument, just in a round-a-bout way.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We can compare the two, both were tragedies, as is any loss of life. But the one with the greater loss of life should be considered the greater tragedy, look at the money involved and the one that had a lot less deaths got a lot more money put towards it. I'm saying the poster makes an incredibly powerful point that people are not willing to look at because they are so quick to take the moral high-ground.

I am not 'spreading hate' as you call it, actually I am doing quite the opposite, I am trying to wake people up to the world around us, as opposed to the world that effects us.

BTW I really don't understand how 'terrorists' are this incredible evil and immoral people. Let's look if the shoe was on the other foot. If you had a foreign nation come into America and start ripping out all the resources and pushing their ideology on you would you not be angered. 'Terrorist's' are really just a freedom fighter of some sort, someone who has had enough of an oppression and want their point to be heard, sadly this is the only way to get their point to those who will not listen to anything the TV doesn't tell them.

Mind you I in NO WAY condone any act of violence/terrorism, I believe in Ghandi's approach and peaceful harmony. But terrorism is no worse than US forces destroying a village in Iraq (killing more innocents than 9/11 I might add, but their not us so it's ok?).

I'm sorry if you are offended by what I am saying, but try to look at things from a 3rd person perspective, stop believing the propaganda that you are fighting for good and they are fighting for evil. Good is a perspective and both people have their reasons for the conflict.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Mattieon]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Honestly, I am used to people getting offended over anything. People here in DFW get offended over street signs for Adult Novelty stores.

Maybe the poster was not in good taste. I tend to agree. Can you imagine the outrage if the tables were turned and someone depicted a tsunami as a couple of giant airplanes (aside from the fact that the ad would make no sense). This has the effect of people sitting around the campfire telling terrible stories of their youth and someone pops up and says, "Oh, I've got a better one!"

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

My apologies, I took it wrong. I get what your saying now. Sorry I jumped the gun on that one.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattieon

"BTW I really don't understand how 'terrorists' are this incredible evil and immoral people"

Blowing up 3000 people at work is not evil? Wow.
At the time, we were not at war with anyone. They just hate Americans, like you do.
You think the only way to get your point across to those that won't listen is to blow them up? Are you serious? That is the most irresponsible statement I have ever heard. I am done with this, I feel sick.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If you are initially outraged, can you do me a favour and explain why you are outraged?

When you take offence, I find it is always a great idea to question why you feel offended. It is a question that really puts things into perspective

I think the poster is rather clever. The statement that it makes is simple logical and factual. It simply says 100 times as many people died from the Tsunami as in the twin towers. Facts only offend people when they don't want to listen to them and don't like the avenue of logic they take you down.

The avenue of logic that this takes you down is:

-The tsunami killed 100 times as many people as terrorists?!

-Should we be spending 100 times as much the effort to protect against the effects of Natural Disasters?

-Or should we be spending less money manpower and lives to try to protect against the effects of terrorism?

-Why are people so scared about being blown up?? They are 100 times more likely to die in a Tsunami?

I personally believe this whole new-millenium effort that has gone into anti-terrorism is ridiculous. Imagine all the money spent invading two countries, all the money spent on airport and event security, all the money spent in the FBI, CIA. The setup of the Department of homeland security and not to mention the massive human cost, all the innocent lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, and all the ISAF casualties.

And the Tsunami....... well we forgot about that in about 3 months.....

THIS POSTER IS F****** GENIUS!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I agree with the ad

It's the truth, may it hurt!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Mattieon

"BTW I really don't understand how 'terrorists' are this incredible evil and immoral people"

Blowing up 3000 people at work is not evil? Wow.
At the time, we were not at war with anyone. They just hate Americans, like you do.
You think the only way to get your point across to those that won't listen is to blow them up? Are you serious? That is the most irresponsible statement I have ever heard. I am done with this, I feel sick.

Invade a country and plummet it in to poverty, killing large numbers and causing suffering to most, for money/oil/resources, Not MORE evil?

Sorry you miss my point, I think I said it wrong there. I don't see how people who support the largest military force in the world, which goes into other countries 'to spread democracy' can see a person that hits back as an evil and immoral being. I'm just saying it's double standards. Yes you can say that one is a small organization and one is a military, but that's just suggesting that it is ok for those with force to use it, were as those who are oppressed can't.

BTW you may not of been at war, as to what the public knew, but at that time your corporations were in countries all over the world stealing their resources and putting demands on the countries. Afghanistan especially, look into opium trade of afghanistan due to American influence.

I do not hate America, I'm just open minded to all beings and I'm playing devil's advocate here. To be honest I believe 9/11 was an inside job, but I'm just trying to show you that from were you stand they are evil and to some people they are heroes. It's pretty much the equivalent of calling a German foot-soldier in WW2 evil, when you call an American soldier who did the exact same acts a hero(only for the other side), it's all perspective my friend.

The only thing that does really piss me off about America (and any nation, including my own,Australia) is this ignorance that those against us are evil, we are fighting for the greater good. Well no really no-one is, we are all fighting for our own interests. This naive view is what I'm trying to rid, but I guess if your not willing to try and open your mind I can't do it, so go eat your patriotic propaganda like a good citizen now.

Edit: Another question for you if you consider killing 3000 at work evil, is your country evil for dropping 2 atomic bombs that killed countless numbers due to blast and after effects, while the people were at work/home? Not just 1 they dropped 2 and to be honest the war was almost over anyways, troops were moving up into Japan as it was, so the bomb wasn't really needed.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
wow, whoever made that disrespected the dead on both sides.

bottom line: people died and it was a terrible tragedy, trying to make this kind of situation seem lighter than another is embarrassing for everyone involved

[edit on 2-9-2009 by piddles]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Yeah, I don't get that. Americans donated millions not just in money, but in aid, an people to help out after the tsunami.
But to answer the big question. Yes, I'm highly offended by the ad. The two are not even on the same level. 9-11 was an "Attack", the tsunami was "nature" doing what nature does.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Although the ad is in bad taste, it makes a very good point.

The fact of the matter is that yes many thousands more people died in the tsunami than on September 11, however the response to 9/11 was way more intense than the response to the tsunami.

Matteion makes a really good point, a lot of it is just perspective.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mattieon
I actually think this poster is great, it is so true. It causes outrage and attention, unfortunately the masses just get offended rather than looking at the actually point of the poster.

To those who get offended, are you claiming that 3000 American lives are worth more than the 10's of thousands of people who died in the tsunami? If so I am pretty offended by that claim.

As an environmental science student this is something that is close to my heart, we seem to forget that we are not the only things that inhabit this planet and we all need to take a look at this. And to a larger extent we seem to have lost a connectivity within the universe with anything that doesn't closely effect us (i.e. being so outraged about 9/11 yet not giving a stuff about the tsunami or even the masses dying each day).

Sorry but you people who just shun this poster because your outraged are those who have made me lose my faith in humanity.

No the people who are offended are claiming that 911 is far more tragic then the tsunami because it was an act of Man, where the tsunami was an act of nature. Men did this regardless of what people think happend and who was behind 911 other people diliberltly did this. what we do to ourselves is far more tragic then anything nature can do!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You should all understand the purpose of the add. I understand the message behind it so do all of you. So many die every day, every week, every year sometimes in smaller numbers but still it is lost of lives which is unaceptable. This add is of bad taste but the message behing it is true.

That event was a major stimulus to manipulate a whole nation, it worked as planned. This add is an other to keep you all in the same state of mind. The reaction to this shows a similar event today would repeat in the same scenario we've all been living in since that date.

The new version H1N1, this time the stimulus is for the entire world.

No similar event should be used against us all to create fear or make us recollect fear. Dont let it get to you, keep your head cold, keep your eyes open ...

I know you get the point ...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Might not agree with what they're saying But I'll fight to the death that they're right to say it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Man has killed man since the beginning of our existence, it is pretty much an act of nature.

What is more important to you death or your ego because someone else attacked you? So in this case it does not matter how many lives were destroyed, it matters that it was man who did the killing? To be honest that shows more disrespect for the lives, of the 100x more that died, than that poster ever will.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
it's the equivalent of hitting below the belt.

But whomever created the poster was intending to cause insult and furor - the depiction is denigrating, regardless as to whether the numbers are apt, and strong negative reactions gained them more attention than one done of taste and/or class.

Real creative. Real punch to the gut that earned notice. And I hope it wrinkles the reputation of the geniuses that contrived this sickening photo.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I have a hard time believing this is outraging anyone in America when it is a poster that is accurate and brings up a very important point (namely that the Tsunami DID in fact kill far more people then 911). I think the poster says "Hey guess what America, you aren't the center of the Universe, we've had it pretty rough over here. What's that America, you lost about 3000, well we lost over 200,000."

Its no different than if someone made a poster showing 10 Hurricane Katrina's barreling down on New Orleans with a tagline reading "We'll See if FEMA responds to this".

We let the fact a few thousand of us got blown up play into our fear and anger and that's exactly how TPTB used 911 to start their fraudulent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Rather than going against the real enemies (those in power who allowed the attacks to take place for their own selfish gain) we've become upset at even the mere mention of the attacks without some sort of sacred reverence. Last I checked there were Hollywood movies made about the attacks, countless Conspiracy Theorists watch and analyze video of the attacks on a daily basis and yet people get offended at this poster?

The truth is the Tsunami killed a staggering number of people.

I'm so tired of everyone getting offended about every little thing. I could see anger if you lost someone in the attacks maybe but that's about it...

Instead of getting angry when something like this comes out, let's stop and think for a while and come away better for the experience...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah seriously who cares about what they said about 9/11 thousands die all the time and no one blinks

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mattieon
To those who get offended, are you claiming that 3000 American lives are worth more than the 10's of thousands of people who died in the tsunami? If so I am pretty offended by that claim.

A tsunami is an 'act of God' and uncontrollable by the population, while the WTC crash was purposeful, it goes to 'intent'.

Spitting is illegal but vomiting is not illegal, again intent and controllablity is the legal basis even though the outcomes are similar.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I would have loved to be at the pitch meeting.
How stupid do you have to be to not know how outrageously offensive that is?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join