It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

male chicks are ground up alive at an egg factory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I no longer want an emotional attachment.

Then what's the point of living? Or of getting so stirred up over this topic? For good or ill, emotions are what make us what we are...saints, sinners, or just folks.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry guys, have to say I'm not that miffed over this.

They are reproducing these chicks at an alarming rate. Nothing is natural.

Besides, can you imagine if they let them live. Our planet would be overrun with roosters.

Hey, maybe they could start some cock-fighting UFC with the influx of roosters.

Anyway, 5 words.

Top of the food chain.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

To be clear, your point and mine are nothing alike.

Moreover, your view is not possible for normally functioning human beings.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Then what's the point of living?

I don't know what the point of living is...with or without emotions...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

How do I even respond to that? Life is, as always, what you make of it... Have you no one to love, family? girlfreind/boyfreind? even a pet? Getting out to see and experiance new things? All manner of things make life worth living.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by StrangeBrew

It's unfortunate you don't see how the opposite is actually true with respect to some of your point.

Moreover, by viewing humanity as somehow unnatural, you actually facilitate the very callous attitude you seek to abhor.

If you can't care about humans, then what can you care about?

I think you have more thinking to do on this one. Don't let others do the thinking for you. And try to be objective.

Pearls of wisdom there I tell ya. Thanks for streamlining it for me in a way I can understand and my next steps to consider.

Maybe you can teach me how to love humans and think for myself.

Loam, you are so far off base with my version of objectivity and fairness that it makes me want to puke.

"facilitate the very callous attitude you seek to abhor"

Ugh... What a piece of work.

My comments where whipped nicely into shape by yourself. Thanks for letting me know what I really meant. Because there's no way I could have been referring to the unnatural way in which our civilization consumes unlimited resources as we see fit without regard of consequences.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nocensorshipplease

Yeah and you know how much fossil fuel is used to grow vegetables? Do you realize there is NO WAY you could feed the entire world with vegetables. Face it you vegans have every right to eat whatever the hell you want. But don't act like your position be it politically or nutritionally motivated has any more merit or holds any more moral or scientific weight than nonvegan viewpoints.

But of course you probably eat everything organic right? Which proves my point even more.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Perhaps you're familiar with Schizoid Personality Disorder?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
thats just life! What do you think they should do? Its not profitable to be gentle.

Humans eat animals. Animals will die. Death is never fun but it is necessary for our survival.

One of the coolest things I ever saw when I was little was an old farm lady pick up a chicken and with one quick twist of her arm she broke its neck, laid it on a stump and chopped the head off.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"Vegans never seem to get outraged when animals kill and eat other animals. Not one of them has the balls to scold and lecture a tiger."
-Jim Goad

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Firestorm_

Oh, I've heard of it...however, I'm loathe to attempt to diagnose without the expertise to go along with it.

so to should you be...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What about us? We are food for Billions of things both when we are Alive and Dead, Sometimes these things cause pain and grief, but commonly go unnoticed. For the most part their consumption leads to beneficial outcomes.

The universe is a everylasting gobstopper of food for all. There isnt anything in existence that isnt Potential food/energy for something else...

Added a keyword.....

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Trance Optic]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

If you read the article it would have clued you in to why they have to destroy 200 million baby chicks. They are males. Males don't lay eggs and are fairly useless.

Ya know... that statement seems to apply to everything male. I am so happy to be part of a gender which is 'useless'. There IS a use for male chicks, the stupid plant is too cheap and lazy to find a solution other than 'grind 'em up'.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Do some of you just pick out snippets of posts to have a go at someone.

I am the vegan here, I have nowhere said that everyone should be a veggie or a vegan, I do though believe there should be compassion in farming.
Comparing humans having a conveyor belt of live animals to those is the wild is just stuipid. Some male animals will eat their young, would it be logical to justify a man eating his child because some animals do??

Crops are grown on a huge scale to feed live stock, thats a double whammy for the enviroment.
The commerical fishing industry is pushing entire oceanic ecoststems to the brink of collapse. Many wild animals are facing extintion because of mankind.
We do not own the planet nor the life on it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I haven't read through all the pages, but I wanted to add my personal experience! I think I have posted this reply before.

I used to drive a Cintas Truck in Missouri. One of my stops was a hatchery. I was watching a group of ladies pick up baby chicks look them over and set them onto one of two conveyors. One conveyor went through a wall and into a large warehouse. The other one went up an incline and into a dark area. I asked what they were doing. They were inspecting for the sex of the chicks. The females went into a room to be raised, while the males went up into a "Grinder" and sprayed as fertilizer into the adjoining field!!

As I watched a little closer, it was obvious! The little chicks would go chirp chirp up the conveyor and then GRUNNNNNNCHK! The field just outside was a beautiful plush green!!

This article is perfectly accurate and it isn't just that factory, it is the industry standard!!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

As a lover of all animals and a chicken owner, this truly makes me sick and breaks my heart! I had baby chicks a couple of years ago, and it was coming a flooding rain one afternoon...I noticed a couple of the chicks hadn't gone into the coop. I went out and found one of my chicks in a puddle, drown. I picked that chick up, squeezed on his little chest and have him mouth to beak.... I know that sounds hysterical, but I was crying....that chick started breathing again. He grew into a beautiful banty rooster!

Now that I read that....it is funny....mainly because its true!

That has to be the best and funniest thing I have heard on this site,I wish there were many more like you in this world with compassion for life in all its shapes and sizes.

Love the way you end it with he grew into a beutifull banty rooster!lol

great post

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Suppose they let the males go, they are transported to the back door and flung out to do what they like. FFS the place would be teeming with them.

It's difficult to watch but hard to think how else to deal with it. I personally could not work in a place like that.

Perhaps the scientists could make it so only hens are produced.

My worry is for the male human, cos the way its going he is gonna be pretty much redundant any time soon. Women are taking over the workplace and don't need men to reproduce now. So maybe us men will find ourselves on a conveyor belt and catapulted to oblivion.

I know I'm being flippant, sorry. Helps me cope.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

My worry is for the male human

I agree! I can easily service a flock of a dozen or so. There is no need for so many men out there! I could take 12 wives, and think how much easier all 13 of our lives would be! No need to worry about infidelity, because I certainly would not have the energy to be going outside the family! Lots and lots of help for childcare and housekeeping. Several income streams.

I hereby volunteer as a breeder male!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by seagull

Then what's the point of living?

I don't know what the point of living is...with or without emotions...

Could you be anymore over dramatic?

It is a chicken, get some perspective.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join