It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, all 50 States must now recognize Gay Marriages!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Every civilization that has embraced homosexuality has been destroyed. I fear that we are next. We may decide right or wrong based on our flawed human wisdom, but there is a higher moral standard laid down by the hand of God. I sure wouldn't want to flaunt my disregard of that standard.

So true

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Who cares if they get married? I do. There is a lot more to it than just recognizing the union. As a married couple, this opens an entirely new can of worms in regards to tax breaks, laws revolving around children, homes, medical care, you name it. And any couple-related program that tax payers must contribute to, must be paid for by gays and non-gays alike.

Now, while there may be some very happy gay couples out there, from what I have seen, there are a lot more break-ups and drams revolving around gay couples than not. There just is. I believe I read a statistic for this, but I've witnessed it firsthand, having had several gay friends, and living gay couples now on two occasions.

Also, opening the door with gay marraiges imo, will start to open less savory doors, as more will clamor for "equal rights."

I have nothing at all against those who choose the lifestyle. I do have an issue if I start having to pay for it.
Well, gays have been paying for straights for centuries. (we pay tax too, you know) It's about time you breeders returned the favour

I must be one of the odd ones out then. I've been with my partner for over 10 years. We had a civil union thingy 2 days after it was legalised in the UK, and we've had about 3 arguments since then. (that's probably not normal looking at it, people are supposed to argue
) 3rd aniversary coming up this December.

anyway, ha!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Because we believe that grown adults should be equal or is it because your imaginary friend disapproves of it?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

So, it's OK for us to pay for your 'couple based benefits', but it's not OK for us to enjoy these same benefits??? Umm, that's just total BS!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
Like it or not?????????????

What's to like?????

You must be completely gay to like such developments... if you can call it that...

Or you must support freedom!

I guess if you don't like it, you are against freedom?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cymru am byth

Every civilization that has embraced homosexuality has been destroyed. I fear that we are next. We may decide right or wrong based on our flawed human wisdom, but there is a higher moral standard laid down by the hand of God. I sure wouldn't want to flaunt my disregard of that standard.

So true

Wrong.... Every civilization has ended. Embracing homosexuality or not.

Let's not forget that it was Alexander the great, a HUGE HOMOSEXUAL who conquered most of the known world at the time.

People just don't get it sometimes.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

How about that long lost notion of equality??? I seem to remember some document concerning this... Let me think... Oh, yeah! I believe it was this one:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
The Declaration of Independence

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Every civilization that has embraced homosexuality has been destroyed.

I must have missed that part of historical studies.

Anyway to me this is another step forward for our society, change is difficult and Humans often must be dragged kicking and screaming into new times.

Besides our economy could use lift with wedding planning etc.

Save the Economy! vote yes to Gay marriage

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You say the statistics are high for break-ups of gay relationships.

Of course, not ALL gay couples stay committed to each other. Neither do all straight couples. If you are going to compare statistics with straight and gay couple longevity, then you will have to include straight people that just date and break up. That would be the only fair way, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Who cares if they get married? I do. There is a lot more to it than just recognizing the union. As a married couple, this opens an entirely new can of worms in regards to tax breaks, laws revolving around children, homes, medical care, you name it. And any couple-related program that tax payers must contribute to, must be paid for by gays and non-gays alike.

Now, while there may be some very happy gay couples out there, from what I have seen, there are a lot more break-ups and drams revolving around gay couples than not. There just is. I believe I read a statistic for this, but I've witnessed it firsthand, having had several gay friends, and living gay couples now on two occasions.

Also, opening the door with gay marraiges imo, will start to open less savory doors, as more will clamor for "equal rights."

I have nothing at all against those who choose the lifestyle. I do have an issue if I start having to pay for it.

Because you already pay for the straight ones? Over half of all straight marriages end in divorce. Get a grip.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by fleabit

So, it's OK for us to pay for your 'couple based benefits', but it's not OK for us to enjoy these same benefits??? Umm, that's just total BS!

Non-gay couples have been the "norm" for thousands of years. It's natural. Obviously. If everyone was gay, we'd no longer exist.

Mind, it's nothing personal. I was also up in arms that while living in a small town in northern PA (and yes, I know this is true in many areas), I had to pay a school tax of around 300 bucks per year, even though I had no children in school. Yet someone just outside the "border" of the town, even if they had 9 kids in that school, had to pay nothing. I don't agree with that policy, either.

link   

How about that long lost notion of equality??? I seem to remember some document concerning this... Let me think... Oh, yeah! I believe it was this one:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
The Declaration of Independence

Sir, I think you've got the wrong end of Hunkahunkas posts. He's fighting in the pink corner.
(not to say he's gay, I don't know, but you seem to have mistaken his post for one agrreeing with the muppet he was quoting, I appologise if it's ME who has got the crossed wires, it wouldn't be the first time
)

link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Besides our economy could use lift with wedding planning etc.

Save the Economy! vote yes to Gay marriage

Absolutely! As I said in a previous post (pages ago), think of it as a "Gay Stimulus Package"!!! Between the weddings, the receptions, the divorce lawyers, it should be millions if not billions of dollars put into the economy!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I didn't, I was just expanding on the point he was making in the post I replied to... Don't worry, we all do it from time to time.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I saw that. It doesn't matter. The federal DOMA act has been enforced even in states where gay marriage has been legalized before. I know the 10th amendment very well. Doesn't matter if every state legalizes gay marriage. FEDERAL INCOME TAX still falls under Federal Law. If the federal government does not view gay marriage as legal under federal law, homosexuals will be treated as married under state law but not under federal law for income tax.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

It sounds like a great idea, but I don't think that many American Christians would be very comfortable with the fact that their country's economy was saved by homosexuals.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Still don't make it right. It comes down to equal rights for all, or no rights for anyone. As to your example, while you had no children, you could if you chose to. There lies the difference. You did have the opportunity to benefit from the tax you were paying. The same cannot be said here.

link   

NO NO !

I am FOR FREEDOM !!! Its the foremost right of every being.

However in my side of the world, say my village they used to throw defect babies down Keadas... Its been a long time since then and i wouldn't call gay defect but not normal either. IF gay was normal the race wouln't be a case in the first place. So assuming gay as not completely normal i would accept the common practice at my village as 'best practice', aka keeping it behind the curtains and not as a chance to provoke.

I am not narrow minded.... nor sighted. Neither do i have a problem with gay as long as it doesn't interfere with me in any slightest way beyond normal, mentaly healthy or personal way.

In my village not normal is practiced behind the corner where unseen.
I am ok with that. Is that not enough freedom?

Wedding?????

I might sound very racist but i am not. I think some formal resolution within the reach of law should suffice. THAT'S ALL.

Just me...

Sorry if i break hearts or hurt feelings...
George The Straight. (All ways.)

link   

Notice the part in bold type? So why would the other States be forced to recognize Gay Marriages (as opposed to civil unions) performed in these States? The U.S. Constitution; Article IV, Section 1- Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

So while they may prohibit Gay couples from getting married in their State, they have absolutely no choice in regards to recognizing the Marriages performed in other States. This also renders the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) unconstitutional. It's only a matter of time now before this is brought before the Supreme Court.

Does this mean that all other states must also recognize Vermont's open carry gun laws?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I could care less if a person feels as if they are attracted to a person of the same sex.
I don't care that ya'll want to get married and give the state money for a license to make it legal in the states eyes.
I don't even mind being hit on when I go out with my fiancee to a public venue by some flamer....
It all boils down to the truth and here it is.....

All you folks out there that feel so liberated being "gay" should be VERY appreciative that your parents felt differently or none of ya'll would be here.
Sex is for pleasure or procreation....period.....not right, not wrong, that's just the way it is.

If you put 100 gay men on an island and come back in a 125 years, what do you have? An island...cause you can't procreate.

If you put 125 gay woman on an island, what do you call it? If you are the only man to discover the island, you would call it heaven or maybe a challenge.

Just be truthful with yourself..Gay is nothing more than a very deep emotion. So is anger, jealousy, rage and depression.....they are all overcome by right thinking...._javascript:icon('
')

The gays may have the solution to the worlds problems though. If we were all forced to be gay and have same sex marriage and we were not allowed to procreate with the opposite sex, there would be no more pollution, starvation or wars in 125 years and mother earth would heal herself quite rapidly.....

Let the bashing begin!!!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join