It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, all 50 States must now recognize Gay Marriages!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by John Matrix

Hello John Matrix, I've noticed you are very concerned about mens butts and their hemroids. You have an extream dislike for homosexual men as well. Is there anything you aren't telling us that you want to share? We will show compassion if there is.

I have had John Matrix on Ignore since Operation Cast Lead in Gaza, for some reason he felt compelled to keep blessing me, I think John might be a Priest and have a few confessions he really ought to make!

There is every chance too, John might not appreciate the growing competition!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This issue kills me.

It kills me because it shouldn't even be an issue, or a fight, or a struggle, or even a debate.

Marriage should have evolved by now - and left the church in the dust, which, lets be honest, is where the real opposition stems from.

I vote yes for gay marriage, recognized and upheld by all 50 states.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Nice!

I just hope the Polygamist get to have as many partners as they want now, and the pedophiles get to lower the legal age of consent to 13, and let’s not leave out those who practice beastality.

Its all normal rght?

Animals cannot give consent because they cannot talk or speak. Young children cannot give consent because many of them do not understand sexual behaviors at a young age like 13. The age of consent in America is generally recognized as being 18. I'm pretty sure this varies from state to state, but for some strange unexplainable reason you never hear religious people complaining about the laws in certain states that have it lower than age 18. All they care about is regulating sex between two consenting adults, for some bizarre reason.

Polygamists, assuming they are humans over age 18, can give consent. In some states, polygamy is only a misdemeanor. In almost all cases, these laws are rarely enforced.

Originally posted by John Matrix
There is no homosexual race. They are not a special race or special breed of humans. They are humans with a sexual paraphilia (a deviant sexual fetish). They are males that prefer sex with other males rather than with females.

How males have sex with males should be discussed so everyone knows what goes on. They can't procreate (reproduce), so they recruit....and it's all about building a lifestyle around getting off with their fetish partner.

I could care less if they want to get married. If they want to be that stupid then let them get married. Their marriages will inadvertently provide more work to lawyers and the courts. I can't wait to start hearing about gays in divorce court....ha...ha..ha..haaaaa!
Oh, I forgot to add all the extra work Gays provide for surgeons that do hemorrhoid surgeries. OUCH!!

[edit on 1/9/09 by John Matrix]

If gay people just have a fetish, then why are there differences in brain size between heterosexuals and homosexuals that can't be explained by learned differences?

BBC News: Scans see 'gay brain differences'

What about all the extra work that women who have just given birth provide for surgeons that do hemorrhoid surgeries? I doubt many of them are lesbians.

Is it just me or is pretty much every argument against gay marriage fear/ignorance based? That's a rhetorical question; I'm pretty sure it's not just me.

All you people who are against gay marriage should understand that it doesn't matter whether or not gays are married, they are still going to be doing all the same gay stuff behind closed doors. Just let them get married, it has no effect on your marriage.

Also, since marriage is a religious ceremony, by banning gay marriage you are banning particular individuals from participating in a religious ceremony. What if gay people made up a different denomination of religion that included gay marriage? Wouldn't laws banning gay marriage infringe upon your first amendment right to freedom of religion? I'll just give you the answer: Yes, they would.

I don't know how some of you people can act like you are pro-constitution but can also support laws that infringe upon the first amendment. Seems a little bit like an inherent contradiction, doesn't it?

Here's a good slippery slope argument for you, in the same spirit of the "gay marriage will lead to bestiality and pedophilia" argument:

At first laws will be passed banning gay people from participating in religious ceremonies like marriage. Next thing you know, they will ban all religious ceremonies, and eventually Christianity itself! Protect Christianity, support gay marriage!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

Age of consent, by State:

STATE / AGE
Alabama 16
Alaska 16
Arizona 18
Arkansas 16
California 18
Colorado 15
Connecticut 15
D.C. 16
Delaware 16
Florida 16/18 (bill pending)
Georgia 16
Hawaii 14
Idaho 14
Illinois 16/17
Indiana 16
Iowa 18
Kansas 16
Kentucky 16 - [1]
Louisiana 17
Maine 16
Maryland 16
Mass. 16/18
Michigan 16
Minnesota 16
Mississippi 16 - [2]
Missouri 17
Montana 16
Nebraska 16
Nevada 16
N Hamp. 16/18
New Jersey 16/18
New Mexico 17
New York 17
N Carolina 16
N Dakota 18
Ohio 16
Oklahoma 16
Oregon 18
Penn. 16
Rhode Isl. 16
S Carolina 14/16
S Dakota 16
Tennessee 18
Texas 17
Utah 16/18
Vermont 16
Virginia 15
Washington 16
W Virginia 16
Wisconsin 18
Wyoming 16
Puerto Rico 18

FOOTNOTES:
[1]Age 16 if the man is 21 or older.
[2]If the female is over 12, the status applies only to virgins.
Source.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
1) That will be a happy day indeed. I don't see how all 50 states legalizing gay marriage can be a bad thing, except to all the extreme God-fearing types out there who fear legalizing gay marriage means they don't get to go to Heaven even though they're not the one getting married.

2) The fact that so many anti-gay sentiments get starred on this site is a prime measure of how many people on this site are still stuck in their old, (literally) Biblical mindset. Get with the times, fellahs, and open your mind up a bit. Civilizations won't be destroyed just because homosexuality is legalized, for crying out loud. Straight people are still going to be a MAJORITY. People are still going to reproduce. Gay people might even get in-vitro or repress their homosexual side just to populate the educated human world.

Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
And... reading some of the replies here makes me just feel disgusted.

Homosexuality is a sexual FETISH? I'm sorry, being homosexual doesn't mean wanting to be tied up with ropes and being spanked or whipped... which is what many STRAIGHT people like to do. Get your terminology or facts right... THAT is a fetish. THAT is a deviant.

Homosexuals are a MINORITY. Like skin color.

Again, it goes to show how many people in this world, and on this site included, have no idea what homosexuality is about. Ironic, then, that many gays in this world know how heterosexuality works.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Easy now... Just because someone doesn't agree with someone or something doesn't mean their argument is "fear" based. I absolutely HATE the term homophobe being used to describe anyone anti gay.

I don't like the color brown, but I'm not afraid of it

Also, Man...I gotta get myself up to Idaho...or out to Hawaii

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

I agree - comparing same sex marriage with pedophiles' sexual preference gave me an instant headache.

That doesn't deserve a response. If s/he doesn't know there is no comparing the two, there's nothing in the world I could say that could spread common sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
If gays are free - they should be.
What about race, religion, colour and everything else.

Do not discriminate against anyone.

Gays can do what they like - they are just trying to live in this world, like everyone else.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Nice!

I just hope the Polygamist get to have as many partners as they want now, and the pedophiles get to lower the legal age of consent to 13, and let’s not leave out those who practice beastality.

Its all normal rght?

I have to agree with you here. This is a slippery slope. Once this gets going, you are going to see all hell break loose. Every special interest will want special laws and privileges. When the moral codes of our society begin to erode, so will our behaviors. First, we teach people they are evolved from animals. Next, we say behave like animals and we will legalize it and give you special laws for your perversion.

Somehow this is coming through the door opened by the civil rights movement of the 60s.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

OK, that was a hateful post. No woman should have more than one husband.

No woman should be abused.

No man should be abused.

No child should be abused.

No person should be abused and that includes gays.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I guess you don't think that African-Americans deserved equal rights either, huh! Gimme a frakkin' break! Every adult should have the exact same rights, PERIOD! This completely idiotic link to pedophilia and bestiality only shows the level of ignorance in play here!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Every civilizations that has embraced homosexuality has been destroyed? I had no idea England no longer existed...

Or Canada... for that matter.

It has always been very telling some of the 'arguments' against gay marriage. Doesn't appear to be too much logic involved. One poster said that no person should be discriminated against, a truism if I've ever heard one. Another poster said that this was a 'slippery slope', and that we were all in danger of losing 'our' morality. I find that statement a bit close-minded. For one, someone assuming they know the 'morality' of an entire population is silly, and two, I am betting that it is 'christian' morality, which I won't even touch, and lastly, anyone who thinks that America is a 'moral' nation, really needs to take off the blinders. I just can't comprehend how some folk think homosexuality is sooo bad, when some of the things that hetero folks do behind closed doors, AND in public, make most gays look like saints in comparison.

Chrono

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Chronogoblin]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
How is any of this a logical extension? If marriage is between a man and a woman does it make it legal for a fifty year old man to marry a thirteen year old girl in the United States? No.

Well since in America, marriage has been defined, for oh 200 plus years, as a union between one man and one woman and if we decide it no longer is just that then all should get their way. There are arguments for any of these behaviors that are just as valid as homosexuals arguing for marriage.

What does pedophilia have to do with homosexuality? What does bestiality have to do with homosexuality? You could have man on girl pedophilia, you can have man on female chicken bestiality.

They all are behaviors that are not the norm as to what the majority of society practice, so why lift one above the other?

"Pedophilia" is the most disgusting abhorrent act that defies the larger Natural Law...

Where you write "pedophilia" above replace it with "homosexuality", would not that have been the tipical view of America 30 years ago?

Also if I wanted to argue the point as homosexuals have relentlessly done for decades, does not nature provide the typical 13 year old (give or take a year)the ability to procreate? So natural law suggests that puberity is adulthood.

Let's keep the debate fair, and not demonize people. If you don't like the idea of homosexuality, fine. Don't practice it.

Once again you can replace your word "homosexuality" with anyone of my suggestions too. Don't demonize them.....

FYI, I was a hospice worker.....

Great story, but explain why again that a person shouldn't be able to have 5, 10, 15 wives/husbands, or marry a person past puberty, or have an open government recognized relationship with their pet chicken?
My point is that homosexuality was at one point in our past part of the abnormal, but today it is considered a normal behavior.

I do not agree with it or disagree, but I do find it all hypocritical in after a huge multi decade propaganda campaign to put it into the “normal” category that all the other abnormal behaviors are still abnormal…..

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Xtrozero]

Did you know that in the 50ies and 60ies in texas a good number of girls married at 15 to become strippers? It was legal for a married woman, as long as her husband allowed it.

Thing is pedophilia *isn't* a desire for post puberty partners, under age of consent. Its prepuberty.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thank god

now girls can't be so picky anymore lol

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Fine. Gays can get married. Whatever.

Now that this has happened, maybe they can stop defining themselves by just a sexual preference.
If they do that, I'll stop defining myself because I like brussel sprouts.

If you take a gemstone and just judge it by one facet, then you diminish it and yourself.

When the homosexual community started defining themselves by just who they slept with, it diminished their arguement to something better served in an X-rated chatroom.

I say fine. Now can we get back to work? Is this whole "gay" thing over with now?

-sheesh-

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I so look forward to the day when the term "gay marriage" is a thing of the past and we just have marriage, available to any consenting couple who wants it.

Way to go Vermont! I hope this sets a precedent!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Nice!

Its all normal rght?

I have quite a few 14-year old mothers in my ancestory; quite common before the Civil War.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Firestorm_]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Your obsession with haemorrhoids is amusing and would be of some interest to a psychologist I am sure.
The link you cite places anal sex (which is also enacted by heterosexuals) at a lowly number ten. Above all that is heredity, being overweight, too much coffee and junk food, liver disease, heavy lifting, pregnancy, wiping too hard, diarrhoea, constipation or sitting wrongly on the toilet seat.

www.hemroidshemorrhoids.com...

So the moral of the story is not to pick up too much junk food, whilst drinking coffee, whilst pregnant, whilst wiping away too hard. You have a touching concern for the welfare of the homosexual anus, an interest that is quite extraordinary.

And I too have a few friends that are bi and/or gay....they don't talk about it, or flaunt their sex practices in any one's face, they keep it in the bedroom.

Well, in fairness, for that to happen it would be only fair for heterosexuals not to flaunt their sexuality. That would entail virtually every piece of media, entertainment and literature being censored. And you would have to not ever hold hands with your wives in public, never touch of kiss except ‘in the bedroom’, never talk about your partners or who they are and please hide your kids away as that is direct flaunting of the sexual act. Sound fair to you?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

This is one of the most touching posts I have ever read here. Thank you.

It amazes me that people that don't even know me would judge me by who I love and sleep with. If these people would just get to know a gay person, they would realize that we are no different than they are. We are all judged by the actions of a few and that is just plain wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join