It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

convince an evolutionist that the God of Scripture is real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
to clarify im not an evolutionist im a christian who believes in the creation story of the bible. so how do you convince an evolutionist that the god of scripture is real, for all athiests and evolutionists.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by make.changes

First of all you do not convince anyone. They have to decide for themselves what they want to believe
No need to cram faith down people's throats. If they want to talk about it, do not plea your side, understand there side and work with their beliefs. There are many ways to interpret the bible and Science.

Science states that we came from one cell and Christianity states that we came from one God, whether we like it or not we are connected.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

certainly you would have god involved on the "Creationists, what is your case for proving creationism?" thread but you might lean more towards science then religion eh?
thats besides the point this thread should be a good thing for athiests and evolutionists should it not?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No, I'm a christian (I do not believe in the modern understanding of evolution, but its a COOL theory, actually an awesome theory)
But do not convert anyone or push things down peoples. Throat. Atheists do not like that and Christians do not like that. I love atheism, learn to accept their religion/belief first before trying to discuss or debate anything with anyone.

[edit on Aug 31st 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

TheMythLives is right. A person can't influence or convince another person to think differently. Everyone has to make a decision on their own.

The problem is based on a belief system. If you want to believe everything man writes in a book, you will have a lot of choices to make. You will have to choose what you believe in.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well for most atheists, science is their religion. So you would have to prove it scientifically. lol. I know how it sounds but trust me. Now what does everyone one both sides want? The truth.

For some the truth is given to them through unscientific means. Others have to find it for themselves. Once science can explain how the supernatural works, then i would say they would be more inclined to believe it. But I feel that is a ways away.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

TheMythLives is right. A person can't influence or convince another person to think differently. Everyone has to make a decision on their own.

The problem is based on a belief system. If you want to believe everything man writes in a book, you will have a lot of choices to make. You will have to choose what you believe in.

but you certainly can make a case that can make someone decide to change their mind. anywayswhat are some good examples to make people want to change their minds

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

i dont think god would want the scientist to figure out how he works i believe he would want his ways to stay mysterious so this can provide quite a problem. i would say that to be able to prove that a prophecy has been completed or done that, that should be proof but they seem to always find ways of saying that couldnt have happened, more questions to ponder i guess?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Now thats a good question. Hmmm. NLP?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am a Christian. I do not believe in trying to convince anyone of anything regarding belief. I do not agree that the Great Commission mandates conversion. I do agree it petitions us to witness when the opportunity arises. Witnessing is sharing our beliefs. Conversion is trying to make some one accept your belief.

It matters not to me what others think on the Creation vs evolution debate. All I care about is being given the freedom to believe as I choose, to not be ridiculed, and to be allowed the same leeway as I give those who believe differently than me.

It is amazing how hard that is to accomplish.

I have no problem with evolutionists, atheists, or any other group that thinks differently on these matters than I - until they become militant. And then I tend to push back, because I deserve my own ground on these issues.

link   
You can try convincing them with facts?
Perhaps you can try and prove the creationist theory is correct the same way evolutionist prove their theory...with science...unless science is somehow godless and God doesn't prescribe to that level of proof.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by xEphon]

link   

Why would you want them to change their minds? I don't understand. Opposing views are necessary, Christians need atheists to survive and atheists need religion to survive. We all need each other. Its not like we are enemies, unless you want to view others that way. I view Atheists as my brothers/sisters. We are all aiming for the same goal... the Truth. Its just that so many die-hards on BOTH sides are unwilling to discuss the issue with respect and an open mind. And the sensible ones are flooded out by the Die hards, so technically the die hards are enemies to themselves and their belief....

Open mind, means understanding and respect. Closed means no understanding and no respect.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Actually Jesus sent out his disciples to tell the good news remember. He said if they do not accept you then wipe the dust off of your feet when you leave.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
To quote a good friend of mine

"Convince you? Why would I try? Only you can enlighten you."

For this statement alone he would be my friend (though there are many reasons).
He has faith. I have reason. It makes for interesting banter but little else, as we both despise (organised) religion.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Valhall

Actually Jesus sent out his disciples to tell the good news remember. He said if they do not accept you then wipe the dust off of your feet when you leave.

And your point would be?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

the thing is that most science is inaccurate they call science the observation of nature or something along those lines, but science is basically its own religion one that gets funding that christianity doesnt. those supposed laws that they have are often incomplete and completly inaccurate, observe gravity what direction does gravity move?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes
reply to post by xEphon

the thing is that most science is inaccurate they call science the observation of nature or something along those lines, but science is basically its own religion one that gets funding that christianity doesnt. those supposed laws that they have are often incomplete and completly inaccurate, observe gravity what direction does gravity move?

No you didn't. lol Tell us you're not reaching. You MUST know this is a completely ridiculous thought. Religion is probably the most funded crusade ever known to man. Wow. "You're GUILTY! Pay us and make it go away.
"

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Oh just saying. You said that conversion was not a mandate. It was high on the priority list in order spread the news. Thats all.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Most science is NOT inaccurate and when science is wrong they go out and correct the problem. So you mean to tell me that Church is poor? You do realize that the Church has more money than God himself right? Science is under paid greatly... The Church is a racket and Jesus would be upset if he was alive today.. And yes I am a christian!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Honestly to refer to science as a religion is silly. As for "most" science being wrong. Define wrong.

When in a religion does a "fact" get rejected ?
When in science ?

In (the main) religions- never , as it the work of 'god" and therefore it is correct.

In the fields of science- when it is unrepeatable or has little to no supporting empirical evidence.

Even WITH supporting evidence it will still initially be regarded as a theory and continue to be refined and revised.

No "science" is not a religion in any way shape or form.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join