It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any Jews forgive Hitler/the Nazis?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Originally posted by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

"Let's forgive and forget. ..!"

A stubborn man neither forgives or forgets, a foolish man both forgives and forgets. An intelligent man forgives but never forgets

With the greatest of respects I think you're wrong. It's not about being stubborn, or foolish or even intelligent- it's about making sure that a wrong which resulted in millions of people being cruely murdered never happens again. And if the entire world need reminding of what happened every other day then so be it. While it is at the forefront of peoples memories then it simply cannot happen again. Descent human beings wouldn't allow it!

We should be equally reminded of the Armenian, Soviet, Chinese, Native American, Australian, New Zealand, etc genocides too, right?

The Jewish Holocaust was a monstrosity no doubt, and an example of how horrible human beings can be to other human beings. It is not, however, any more tragic than any other Holocaust.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to be constantly reminded of the horrible. If that happens, we simply lose faith in goodness.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Some people do forgive the unforgivable too. Look at the Native Americans, who imo, tied with the Australian Aborigines, are the most victimized people in history. They harbor no hatred to White Americans, they have never had any bitterness. Of course they did fight off the white settlers, but it was just survival. They realized that there was no reason to hate the people who hated them.

Western societies, and I'm counting the Jewish people as a Western society, really know how to hold a grudge. I attribute this to the Atlantean lineage of both European and Jewish society, but that's a different thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

"Let's forgive and forget. ..!"

A stubborn man neither forgives or forgets, a foolish man both forgives and forgets. An intelligent man forgives but never forgets

With the greatest of respects I think you're wrong. It's not about being stubborn, or foolish or even intelligent- it's about making sure that a wrong which resulted in millions of people being cruely murdered never happens again. And if the entire world need reminding of what happened every other day then so be it. While it is at the forefront of peoples memories then it simply cannot happen again. Descent human beings wouldn't allow it!

Wrong! Having it at the forefront of people's memories would actually make another holocaust or something equally sinister all the more likely. You cannot assume that most people are ashamed of or horrified by the holocaust. If that were the case, we wouldn't have neo-nazism etc. Decent human beings are far and few in between. The holocaust occured just around seventy years ago...in terms of human history, that's really not a long time. it's silly to believe humankind have changed much since then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should pretend it never happened, either. Neither approach will work when the core problem of the human condition exists.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VergeofObscene

Wrong! Having it at the forefront of people's memories would actually make another holocaust or something equally sinister all the more likely.

I'm not sure I understand your thinking here! What you saying is a bit like that sketch in Father Ted were Dougal is told not to touch a button as the plane will crash- so Dougal ends up pushing the button!
How could people being reminded every so often of the horror of the holocaust make it more likely to happen again?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Do you realize twice as many Slavs died in the concentration camps than Jews and the only reason they were forced into labor in the camps and exterminated was because they were Slavs?

Quite so. Few people in the West talk about it and most don't give a flying toss. One may get an impression that concentration camps were built exclusively for Jews.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I find it hard to forgive anyone who kills for the sake of eradicating a people. I also find it hard to forgive anyone who kills for pleasure, anyone who rapes for pleasure, harms for pleasure, steals because they're too lazy to find legal means of support, kidnaps children, abuses children, abuses women and so on.

What Hitler and the Nazis did was atrocious and on a scale that allows it to be more widely discussed and more widely debated but, in all honesty, Hitler can sit in the same room as Manson, Bundy, Gein, Pol Pot, Garrido (both of them) etc.

They're all living a life based on an evil I cannot comprehend, nor do I want to. None of them deserve forgiveness.

Back to your off topic holocaust denial talk.

or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree that many were killed including some of my family.
BUT: The Jews were specially picked out for extermination.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by VergeofObscene

Wrong! Having it at the forefront of people's memories would actually make another holocaust or something equally sinister all the more likely.

I'm not sure I understand your thinking here! What you saying is a bit like that sketch in Father Ted were Dougal is told not to touch a button as the plane will crash- so Dougal ends up pushing the button!
How could people being reminded every so often of the horror of the holocaust make it more likely to happen again?

Trust me, it's contaminating. At least, on an unconcious level it is...when commiting acts of barbarism, all man has to do is look to the past to affirm his/her cruelty...

Originally posted by jean59
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree that many were killed including some of my family.
BUT: The Jews were specially picked out for extermination.

The holocaust was not just a tragedy for the jews...it was a tragedy for the whole of humanity. And, as already pointed out multiple times in this thread (you must not have read it thoroughly), many other groups of people were 'specially' picked out for exter...well, that dreaded word.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by VergeofObscene]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join