It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Crop Circle" in the Sand

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
There is no way that is man made, sorry I'm just not buying the man made idea. In order for it to be man made there have to be footprints or something left behind. There is nothing to suggest this was man made.

Are you a complete moron? This is a piece of art created over a period of two years, links posted right above you. Even if it was regular soft sand people can easily remove their tracks with a flat piece of wood. Have you no capacity for thought whatsoever? Absolutely embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
okay so why did this group do this? To fool millions of people, how immoral of them, or was it so they could contact aliens?

Think about it, we see these crop circles as beautiful and intelligent, and that is why aliens use it to communicate it to us, but maybe we use it for the same reason!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Some more man made spirals just because I like them

Spiral Jetty
Great Salt Lake, Utah
+41° 26' 15.86", -112° 40' 8.17"
(It's currently under water)

Photo by Ben Steiner
Spiral Jetty Sunset

Spiral
Algles Bay, New Zealand
36°24'22.77"S 174°43'33.60"E

Spiral
Munich Airport, Germany
48°21'10.18"S, 11°43'56.72"E

Spiral Ancient
Nazca Plains, Peru
-14° 41' 18.21", -75° 7' 23.05"

I was going to add one from Australia but that needs its own thread

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, "land art" is an interesting idea, with many artists following that idea and creating art "pieces" using Earth itself, since the 60s, but as nobody knows about it then the Aliens did it.

PS: I talked with my sister about this, and she was the one that told me the name, "land art" or "Earth art", and she even mentioned some artists. She is a painter and a photographer, and the source of all my information about art.

PPS: there is one "land art piece" in Nevada, here.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
PPS: there is one "land art piece" in Nevada,

SHHHHHHH

You realize that is only 20 miles from Rachel Nevada, don't you? Now see what you did, wasted a good thread. We could have sold that as that Alien base everyone is looking for

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
After I read the OP I was hoping to see 4 pages filled with predictions of an incoming lethal solar flare/giant space hippo/nibiru... but no, someone had to spoil it!

I also thought it would be the first alien method of contact that would actually be less logical than crop circles... very disappointed.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
I did a quick little google search and came up with these..

i.dailymail.co.uk...

www.impactlab.com...

www.cynical-c.com...

www.citizenarcane.com...

www.cropfiles.it...

www.willprouty.com...

devoninspiration.typepad.com...

omg! I don't see footprints! Must be aliens..

Lol jk, they're very beautiful though. I'd love to see both in person.

I'm curious, Newsense... Not that I am not skeptical of these "sand crops" as well, but what do you think is the most likely cause? If this IS a hoax, how do you explain the markings being in apparently mint condition, yet there is no visible sign of human vehicles, animals, certainly wind conditions do not make these patterns, etc..

I'd like to be given a rational explaination, and not a sarcastic retorts or unneeded hyperboles.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I retract my previous post.

Land art is a plausible explaination.

The only thing that bothers me is the location.

Egypt seems the least likely place to me for this type of land art, and this pattern fits many of the typical alleged "ET made" crop circles.

If this pattern had been found in the desert of Congo, would "Land Art" still be plausible?

Still many questions to be answered.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
If this IS a hoax, how do you explain the markings being in apparently mint condition, yet there is no visible sign of human vehicles, animals, certainly wind conditions do not make these patterns, etc..
It's not a hoax because a hoax is made with the intention to hoax, art is made with only one intention, to be appreciated by those that like it.

And being art, the artist tries to make it the best he/she can, without any ugly marks spoiling the effect, it would be like having the "Composition II in Red, Blue, and Yellow", by Mondrian, with marks of his fingers, it would spoil the work.

Also, the photos were taken far enough not to show most of those type of marks.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

If this pattern had been found in the desert of Congo, would "Land Art" still be plausible?
Why, don't you think that Congo can have artists?

PS: are there any deserts in Congo?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
It's not a hoax because a hoax is made with the intention to hoax, art is made with only one intention, to be appreciated by those that like it.

If its intended to be a hoax then no one's going to come out and admit it straight away are they.. otherwise its just plain old art!
Plus, those guys who admitted to making actual crop circles.. they fooled people for a while too..

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by zorgon

Now how in the hell do you explain that??

Where are the footprints??

It is beautiful though you have to admit..

Exactly!!!
Where are the footprints???
I want to see the disinfo agents explain this away.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh, looks different close up.
I bet they couldn't make that in 4 hours at midnight.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dear zorgon

I have been reading your threads over the last few weeks or so and indeed I really wish you lived near. Naturally you will be very glad that you don’t Ha,

Anyway a thought occurred to me. You really should be getting all this out into the main stream. Ever thought of trying to get your own TV show?? Sorry I know it’s is off subject but what the heck.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok, just when I was convinced crop circles where caused by planksters, here comes this! Way to go, nice find! Mind you, the latest weaving pattern recently brought me back on track. Perhaps these beings are tired of being hoaxed and have raised the bar to maintain their integrity?

Flagged!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well that ought to be enough posts

Desert Breath

Description

The group D.A.ST. is an interdisciplinary collaboration between three artists: Danae Stratou, Sculptor, Alexandra Stratou, Industrial Designer, and Stella Constantinides, Architect. The group was formed in May 1995, based on our common desire to create an installation in the desert. The parameters that we had set for this project described a site specific work of such a scale that it would be experienced through walking. The site that was chosen is a flat expanse of sand that lies between the Red Sea and a body of mountains. The work covers an area of one hundred thousand square meters and involves the displacement of eight thousand cubic meters of sand. One hundred and seventy eight conical volumes form two interlocking logarithmic spirals that move out from a common center with a phase difference of one hundred and eighty degrees in the same direction of rotation. One spiral consists of incised cones, while the other of protruding ones; the incised cones are the result of the displacement of sand to create the protruding cones. The center, a one thousand two hundred cubic meters earthen vessel with a W section is the union of the positive and negative cone. It is filled with water to its rim so that the protruding cone in the center forms a tiny island at the level of the horizon.

ON MARCH 7 1997, THE CONSTRUCTION OF "DESERT BREATH" WAS COMPLETED. AT SAME MOMENT THE WORK WAS TURNED OVER TO THE FORCES OF NATURE, TO BEGIN THE SLOW PROCESS OF ITS ABSORBITION,
BY THE LANDSCAPE THAT GAVE BIRTH TO IT.

www.archipedia.org...

Miracles in the Sand: Confusion and Conundrums

In May 2001, ‘The Spiral’ magazine (newsletter of the Wiltshire Crop Circle Study Group) published an aerial photo of sand, shaped into cones and wells and spiralling out from a large central well, itself containing a cone. Flying over them in a micro-light one August afternoon in the year 2000, Boris Stobe, the photographer of this particular shot, [pic.1] thought that the beautiful scene set out below him was of such precision “it seemed to be a miracle”.

It was nearly a year later that this photo was sent to The Spiral (and how ironic is it that a photo of sand spirals found its way to this particular title?) by Dr Hartmut Endlich, a friend of his father’s. And that is how this legend - that a sand formation had arrived in the Eastern Desert of Egypt - was born.

Having seen photos of this sand spiral many years earlier, I was mildly intrigued as to why this collection of sand cones and hollows was now turning up in the crop circle community. Searching through my archives I found the article that had appeared in the March 1998 edition of the magazine ‘COVER’ (now defunct). Looking at them again, I remembered the feeling I’d had the first time I saw these photos: they had taken my breath away with the beauty and sense of serenity that emanated from sculpted desert [pic.2]. In a flash I had made mental connections to the 1994 Galaxy crop formations in Wiltshire [pic.3] and to the 1996 Windmill Hill Triple Spiral [pic.4]. But the small block of accompanying text told me that it had been created by three young Greek women. Using letters from their first names, they called themselves the ‘D.A.ST. Team’. [/ex[

www.swirlednews.com...

Sorry no Aliens this time

Doh! My bad

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Some appropriate Music for the topic at hand.

www.clip4e.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I didnt think they were left anywhere else but crops, but these are nice.

Great find.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I'd like to be given a rational explaination, and not a sarcastic retorts or unneeded hyperboles.

Hmmm well okay rational..

Three women from Greece designed this and got a contractor to fund it and build it...

Two years from planning , nine months actual construction...

They used survey equipment...

They used sticks and string to mark out the circles...

They used chalk dust to make them easy to see...

Then the brought in the 'big boys and their toys'

Left LOTS of tracks...

Then used a piece of wood to remove all traces of work and smooth it out

Last minute check...

Final touch...

Just add water...

This was in i997... 12 years ago... the water has evaporated, the wind has erased the tracks...

You REALLY need to watch the awesome video that I got these captures from

moobaawoof posted it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.danaestratou.com...

Click on VIDEOS Desert Breath 1997

NO ALIENS this time

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon,

I know you just recently posted this reply, but I do hope it gets a million + 1 stars. In all honesty I do not think that it could get more rational than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join