It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Crop Circle" in the Sand

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

You needed six posts to get your point across? Lame.

Zorgon, good find, and good trick. It's funny to see that nobody will actually do the work to research it even after you leave it so vague. Bravo to you.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's only 340 meters across...not really that big.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
When you look at the ground level pictures, the surface looks hard to me with an inch or so of sand. The sand certainly isnt deep anyway. The shapes seem like they have been carved into the rock with machinery.

And talking of footprints, on the last ground level pic, you can clearly see scuff marks on the surface next to the large dome, since its probably loose sand/stone, the footprints would have been blown away.

I agree with you and

Originally posted by Chovy
There is no way that is man made, sorry I'm just not buying the man made idea. In order for it to be man made there have to be footprints or something left behind. There is nothing to suggest this was man made.

After taking a closer look at the pics ,I noticed that it looked like a sediment deposit more than sand due to the fact of the layering and the erosion and how old it looked. Sand would not hold that shape.
mesa smell stinkawith

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

you are right, everything has value.. one learns from hoaxes and natural phenomena as much as from the real deal. Interesting fact - this is near a coastal town called Deir Um Deheis Abu Shar, acronym in spanish (DUDAS) means doubts :-).

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixanomaly

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by zorgon

Now how in the hell do you explain that??

Where are the footprints??

Cant spot footprints but tracks and trails ;-)

that's all I was asking for, a little explenation. Thanks man now I think I see.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Seriously, this is a perfect example of confirmation bias.

Even with the explanation placed within easy reach, PAGE 1, people still manage to instantly recognize it as truth of their own belief system. Aliens,spirits,gaia,human consciousness,faeries,god.

Wow that is disheartening. We really need to begin to question ourselves on this site when the level of discourse is this... retrograde. This is the second time in as many days I have made this observation, the other was in a political thread.

I try to keep a very open mind, but seeing people constantly fudge the facts, blatantly ignore them, or make completely unbased claims before your very eyes is a serious eye-opener. So I guess I should thank you for that.

The question is, is this intentional? Just a part of the obfuscation by using the lunatic fringe as a soft cap on knowledge seekers? Or are we actually seeing our own failings and need to make some improvements in our own dung filters to find where our truths actually lay / lie?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hi! What a lovely sand art work. What does it mean?
In Missouri they call it the show me state. Where are the photos of construction, from the group claiming the masterpiece? No. No one trusts anyone anymore. A good friend of mine of twenty years always says
"Don't trust the contractors. For any reason." She is exactly right.
Human nature is not always genuinely good. Show us the photos of
the artists at work, otherwise we believe what will. It's a free country right?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I remember seeing this in one of those "secrets of google earth" vids on youtube. I saw it a couple years ago, which displayed the co-ordinates and i then located it myself on google maps and was in awe of the formation. after a couple months, i quit my job and lost the file i had saved the info on my work pc. I have looked for it several times, on youtube, the web and even browsing the map since i remebered the aproximate area where it was located. Alway, great post, thanks for the find.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Broadcaste

I could not have said it better myself - well said, good post.

Everybody: PLEASE!
It's (wo)man made.
No, really, no aliens or lasers or evidence of the consciousness of the universe awakening & trying to make contact with humans.. or anything... like that, just artists.

Google Earth: 27 22'48.47"N 33 37'55.50E

1 of the artists: Dana Estratou
...if you check out her site & go to 'Videos', 'Desert Breath' it even shows a video of the team making it...in the desert, with theodolites, the lot... so can everyone now agree, human made, no more alien theories....(please?).

I love stuff like this, art in nature, using natural materials, beautiful.
My favourite is Andy Goldsworthy

S&F for the OP - nice find

(edit to fix links)

[edit on 29/8/2009 by moobaawoof]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You guys really get absorbed by your own ideas. This is a artistic installation in the desert which was finished in 1997 and you guys are still looking for footprints?

Please....

Here goes the link from page 1 once again

www.archipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Where are the footprints??

Im not speculating as to who made them...but they were made in the sand.

meaning they could easily be covered up with no traces left behind at all...

I think the more incredible part of them is the spacing and consistancy...

very cool pics...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wonder if the same people are behind this interesting sand sculpture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ba5a3cba98dbbb65.jpg[/atsimg]

Coords: 31.018336°, 7.975192°

Note: Image is in media.abovetopsecret.com/media but I can't figure out how to embed it here.

Edit: Figured it out ...

[edit on 8/29/2009 by Shadoefax]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

Ya it was wasn't because the other 6 posts that other users put out people didn't get the point. And I think it was 5 posts. The 1st was to zorgon.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

they are huge..magnificent...

no matter who its creators were, you cen bet there was some serious amounts of energy expelled to move massive amounts of earth as shown in those pics...

again, just way cool.

To me, though, the thought of them being "extra terrestrial" doesnt seem to be a logical choice (at least humanly logical)...why not just do something or give a sign in a large visible area near a modern city where it can be video taped and thousands if not millions of witnesses can verify it??...

Wouldnt that be much more straight forward? If the intention is to let "us" know "they" are here, I would think leaving circumstantial clues that can be interpreted diffferently for beings with such advancements in technology is an excercise in futility...

Reminds me of a lot of the same type of evidence that many believers of different religions use in their arguments...nothing concrete, but lost of clues they interpret to fit their beliefs...

edit for typos

[edit on 29-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Are you guys even looking at page 1? The answers are right there..... artists have made them

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovet

[edit on 29-8-2009 by lambros6]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros6
reply to post by Chovy

I`m with you.
I`m fed up with people saying these things are man made.
I still haven`t heard, seen or read of anyone who can show us how they make them.
If these things are made by men or women, why haven`t these brilliant artists put their hands up and say " look, this is how we do them!"
These people could make a fortune.
The amount of " Eyesores " by these so-called artists today who are paid a fortune is unbelievable.
Whoever makes these beautiful designs, (wether its in fields or sand....or whatever) should be creating these in cities around the world.
But guess what ?
There has never been one person come forward to prove that they alone or with help from others have made these designs.
Call me naive but show me the proof.

I'll show you proof! Oh wait, Zorgon already did and you still don't believe it. Just read page 1. This is man made.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by moobaawoof
I love stuff like this, art in nature, using natural materials, beautiful.

You notice that they used a lot of ancient tech as well... sticks and string, chalk dust for marking, simple wooden boards to make the final smoothing of the cones

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I do not believe it, I still think the aliens helped them build this, it's a signal to them or something. All I know is this is for sure alien made, I don't care about the evidence, aliens made it and everyone knows it.

LOL..(SARCASM)

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
I wonder if the same people are behind this interesting sand sculpture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ba5a3cba98dbbb65.jpg[/atsimg]

Coords: 31.018336°, 7.975192°

Note: Image is in media.abovetopsecret.com/media but I can't figure out how to embed it here.

Edit: Figured it out ...

[edit on 8/29/2009 by Shadoefax]

Hi Shadoefax,

looks to be man made but not art, I would venture its a dead algerian oil/gas drilling site at ouarlga unless they are burying some sort of waste. Reasoning being that the tracks leading to and from the area are the same as those found in the region (approx 5 meters wheelbase) and the "spike" would appear to be the process of bulldozing sand into the center hole (see 2nd picture details)
Enhanced image - notice tracks away from center

If you measure the area of the concrete and correlate with the first image you will notice they are almost identical. GE location 30.991910°, 7.956612°

[edit on 29-8-2009 by pixanomaly]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join