It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Crop Circle" in the Sand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well now that the season is over and all the crops have been harvested I guess they need to find another medium to work in.

While browsing in the middle east looking for something I spotted this...

This thing is huge

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Now how in the hell do you explain that??

Where are the footprints??

It is beautiful though you have to admit..

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
El Gouna, Egypt

27 22'48.47"N 33 37'55.50E

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
When you say browsing the middle east, do you mean that YOU were actually there and took these photos? If not, a source would be nice..

Edit: Ah, I see the coordinates. Sorry.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I did a quick little google search and came up with these..

i.dailymail.co.uk...

www.impactlab.com...

www.cynical-c.com...

www.citizenarcane.com...

www.cropfiles.it...

www.willprouty.com...

devoninspiration.typepad.com...

omg! I don't see footprints! Must be aliens..

Lol jk, they're very beautiful though. I'd love to see both in person.

link   
Wow, thats so trippy.
What the hell could that be?
I mean, how is that being formed?
Blows my mind away.

Did you find it by accident?
Or were you looking for something?
Is that the only one?

Is it possible to stipulate how long its been there?

link   
Very interesting find!
I hear that all crop circles is manmade! Well, how you explain this one?

It is very interesting, looks like double spiral that goes to Zero point.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I was lead to understand that authentic crop circles had been altered at the molecular level.I would love to know what a sample of that sand would reveal.And yes no footprints or erasure marks are intriuging.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
IMHO, it's photoshopped....

This was my 1st impression.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

S&F
Good find
You don't let up, and continue to impress. I totally think the "Earth Designs" are caused by sound.

There's a thread talking about the 432hz causing natural shapes in loose material...

I'd think the Earth constantly moving could indeed produce enormous amounts of energy; since it is constantly moving.

It's totally possible... You only need three things for an induced current: conductor, magnet, and relative motion.

To say the Earth is the magnet, and space the conductor, the two have relative motion, and that creates a lot of ENERGY.

Now the piece of the puzzle for me is exactly how that could be converted to a sound energy at the correct hertz to produce the patterns.

I'll need to check into it, but lately there has been a lot of research into thought wave forms, and their ability to literally go anywhere, through anything. I wonder if the Earths energy could magnify the group consciousness of the planet with the energy it produces, and the crop circles are that collective energy/thought wave being projected out into the cosmos.....

Now that would be cool, and would explain a lot, and connect Mans consciousness with the Earth, and then the Cosmos.....

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxcosta
Very interesting find!
I hear that all crop circles is manmade! Well, how you explain this one?

Hmmm yes well... explanation you want huh? Well let's have a look at it from ground level first shall we?

Photo Credit: Akuehne

Photo Credit: Akuehne

Photo Credit: Voutsen

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well that ought to be enough posts

Desert Breath

Description

The group D.A.ST. is an interdisciplinary collaboration between three artists: Danae Stratou, Sculptor, Alexandra Stratou, Industrial Designer, and Stella Constantinides, Architect. The group was formed in May 1995, based on our common desire to create an installation in the desert. The parameters that we had set for this project described a site specific work of such a scale that it would be experienced through walking. The site that was chosen is a flat expanse of sand that lies between the Red Sea and a body of mountains. The work covers an area of one hundred thousand square meters and involves the displacement of eight thousand cubic meters of sand. One hundred and seventy eight conical volumes form two interlocking logarithmic spirals that move out from a common center with a phase difference of one hundred and eighty degrees in the same direction of rotation. One spiral consists of incised cones, while the other of protruding ones; the incised cones are the result of the displacement of sand to create the protruding cones. The center, a one thousand two hundred cubic meters earthen vessel with a W section is the union of the positive and negative cone. It is filled with water to its rim so that the protruding cone in the center forms a tiny island at the level of the horizon.

ON MARCH 7 1997, THE CONSTRUCTION OF "DESERT BREATH" WAS COMPLETED. AT SAME MOMENT THE WORK WAS TURNED OVER TO THE FORCES OF NATURE, TO BEGIN THE SLOW PROCESS OF ITS ABSORBITION,
BY THE LANDSCAPE THAT GAVE BIRTH TO IT.

www.archipedia.org...

Miracles in the Sand: Confusion and Conundrums

In May 2001, ‘The Spiral’ magazine (newsletter of the Wiltshire Crop Circle Study Group) published an aerial photo of sand, shaped into cones and wells and spiralling out from a large central well, itself containing a cone. Flying over them in a micro-light one August afternoon in the year 2000, Boris Stobe, the photographer of this particular shot, [pic.1] thought that the beautiful scene set out below him was of such precision “it seemed to be a miracle”.

It was nearly a year later that this photo was sent to The Spiral (and how ironic is it that a photo of sand spirals found its way to this particular title?) by Dr Hartmut Endlich, a friend of his father’s. And that is how this legend - that a sand formation had arrived in the Eastern Desert of Egypt - was born.

Having seen photos of this sand spiral many years earlier, I was mildly intrigued as to why this collection of sand cones and hollows was now turning up in the crop circle community. Searching through my archives I found the article that had appeared in the March 1998 edition of the magazine ‘COVER’ (now defunct). Looking at them again, I remembered the feeling I’d had the first time I saw these photos: they had taken my breath away with the beauty and sense of serenity that emanated from sculpted desert [pic.2]. In a flash I had made mental connections to the 1994 Galaxy crop formations in Wiltshire [pic.3] and to the 1996 Windmill Hill Triple Spiral [pic.4]. But the small block of accompanying text told me that it had been created by three young Greek women. Using letters from their first names, they called themselves the ‘D.A.ST. Team’. [/ex[

www.swirlednews.com...

Sorry no Aliens this time

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So if I am reading this right, it took 2 years to do?

That's dedication..

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So you were playing a trick on us, huh?
Next time you won't get me.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Its quite an awesome feat for whoever did this.

I believe someone has something similar as their avatar....I just cant remember who it was

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Good find zorgon
,I'm wondering if they used a String Line to prepare this Crop Circle can't see any track marks from the grader used

Zelong.
EDIT: in the time I was writing other good info revealed:

[edit on 29/8/09 by Zelong]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
When you look at the ground level pictures, the surface looks hard to me with an inch or so of sand. The sand certainly isnt deep anyway. The shapes seem like they have been carved into the rock with machinery.

And talking of footprints, on the last ground level pic, you can clearly see scuff marks on the surface next to the large dome, since its probably loose sand/stone, the footprints would have been blown away.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by zorgon

Now how in the hell do you explain that??

Where are the footprints??

It is beautiful though you have to admit..

dirty tricks

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It looks reminiscent of some spiral galaxy. Not totally for sure, but pretty sure.

Nice find Zorgon.

Who or what would take all that time to excavate that dirt.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There is no way that is man made, sorry I'm just not buying the man made idea. In order for it to be man made there have to be footprints or something left behind. There is nothing to suggest this was man made.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join