It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Crop Circle" in the Sand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
hahaha, you, bad boy! i was about to start investigating about those crops in the sand and you spoiled everything!!! bad boy, bad boy!!!

A nice piece of art, indeed. I loved the pics and i saved them on my pc for creeping purposes =)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The whole mystery of the missing footprints vanishes when you see the images from ground level. First, you can actually make out some apparent footprints. More importantly, though, you get an idea of the scale of the image. When viewing the whole thing, you're looking at a very large area. A footprint wouldn't be visible - it would be much too small, compared to the whole image.

Besides that, the project was finished years ago. Wind and other changes could easily have wiped away the footprints, while still leaving the larger mounds and pits relatively intact. Again, you wouldn't necessarily see any footprints.

Still, the idea of a sand "crop circle" does raise an interesting question - why are they always *crop* circles, and not in sand or some other medium? For that matter, does anyone know of any circles formed in wild grasses, maybe "prairie circles"?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
Some appropriate Music for the topic at hand.

KEWL!!!

This version is clearer

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A little trick to remove tracks in the sand - leafblower. 2nd line - yeah , they are gorgeous although I question the environmental desireability of such projects. On that track I think Christo is a complete jackass.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Quite humorous and great entertainment....keep em coming!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is nothing so powerful as the truth, and nothing so strange.
—Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
There is no way that is man made, sorry I'm just not buying the man made idea. In order for it to be man made there have to be footprints or something left behind. There is nothing to suggest this was man made.

No offense, but have you ever heard of a rake? And its right next to a main highway.

Im not saying its not man made, and I want it to be not man made more than anything, but heavy machinery and a short amount of time, or medium machinery and a lot of time, in conjuction with a rake = no footprints? What do you think?

Is it possible this was made as some kind of tourist attraction, is there any info or evidence pointing to that? Its bizarre for sure, got me partially stumped!

APOLOGIES - RETRACT ALL ABOVE! Noticed its man made as per the comments, its later here ok!!

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Jed1Knight]

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Jed1Knight]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dont try and fob people off with those photos of people apparantly making them. The Government clearly set these one's up so no one would see the true message in this crop/sand circle!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

And that 'true message' would be?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So this is made by aliens right?
2nd line

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I believe its:

Dont rub your greasy hands on the door knob

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Beautiful pictures zorgs,

I really appreciate your sense of humour, although my legs don't need any more pulling (I am 6ft 9" tall)
I love how even when you explained that it was man made, posters still argued that it was strangely made.
I guess the Aliens have gotten bored with the Anal Probes and now are probing the sands of the desert!!!

For what ends we cant know, such are the mysteries of the Unexplained

Anyway, thanks for the light hearted interlude zorgs, S&F

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by zorgon

Now how in the hell do you explain that??

Where are the footprints??

It is beautiful though you have to admit..

See the trails leading from the "Sand Art"?

Imagine the last guy pulling a 4-5 feet wide wooden board to cover their tracks.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
the first picture, im guessing from google earth? looks shopped. it may not be, but that seems to be the trend in your threads...well ive only noticed 2 threads you have, but both times the first photo always looks shopped.

shrug, maybe its just me. but the general fuzzy / blurryness of the subject matter compared to the rest of the photo - just doesnt sit right with me.

if the other ones are shopped, id just like to say good work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

upon further looks, the top picture is not the same as the bottom 2. where is the black pit int he middle of the google earth picture, where are the roads running along it in the other pictures? where is the mountain range in the google earth picture?

im thinking this is fake to be honest. just like the thread about the art - that may be a facility. the google earth image on that one is definately fake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats cute, you use art peices to fuel your ATS hits.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Some fantastic artwork there! The whole convex / concave theme is trippy

Sadly, this thread alone has been able to confirm my suspicions regarding the current state of ATS in general.

I see all the "believers" and "skeptics" doing their usual thing only this time the facts are actually RIGHT THERE in plain sight!! Page after page and people are still claiming "OH MY GOD, NO FOOT PRINTS, ALIENS DID IT!" Nobody effen reads ANYTHING anymore! Nobody takes a few seconds to do an ounce of research!! Nobody searches for their own answers! (I’m using “nobody” as an irritated generalization. I’m aware a lot still do.. obviously). ATS was once a place for intelligent discussion covering a wide variety of topics falling under the label of "alternative". While many well written threads still remain, I can't help but wonder what good any of it will do. If such a large number of people are just taking anyone's word as gospel no matter what the subject, then all we have are advocates of unfounded "facts" and "information". Facts and information that FEW bothered to research themselves let alone, READ THE THREAD. ATS could easily be controlled by an elite few, designing topics specifically to control the overall flow of information on the site and more than half of the members would probably follow it just because it's on ATS. I now find it obvious that people here will debate over an event or a document even if the absolute facts are laid out within the same exact thread!

As much as I used to love this place, it's now blatantly obvious that it has become nothing more than a massive waste of time. Half of the posts look as though a 10 year old flunky wrote them and the other half are so saturated with personal arguments and insults that by the 3rd page (I'm being generous) the thread tangents off into another subject entirely! Even the mods take part!

I do not mean to throw a crap-storm at a nice thread highlighting some fantastic artwork but I just had to vent...

@ the OP: This is a great thread you have here and it has completely opened my eyes to the ignorance that infests this very site that is dedicated to the denial of ignorance. I mean, I knew there was a bit going around already but the amount seen on this thread alone (and I'm sure it will continue) is staggering to say the least.

The glory days of ATS are done for.

End of story.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by M0n0lyth

School starts next week....

Let the ATS Glory Days begin Anew!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by M0n0lyth

School starts next week....

Let the ATS Glory Days begin Anew!

You know, that's a fantastic point!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It was a good one..
But then again if you look at it closely then you will find it is HUGE! Let say it was made by THE ET.. How come no one saw it at all and there was nothing about the UFO sighting when it was happening. Obviously it can't be made in a second. Any one can be fooled at the beginning but if you see it all scientifically.. NOT IT!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Still, the idea of a sand "crop circle" does raise an interesting question - why are they always *crop* circles, and not in sand or some other medium? For that matter, does anyone know of any circles formed in wild grasses, maybe "prairie circles"?

I have to agree. Here's my take:

Crops are generally planted accross large areas of land. While it's massive and "hidden" away from society, the land is still owned by someone and some company.

Keeping that in mind, say you wanted to make a massive crop circle work of art without being noticed, yet you still wanted the actual finished product to be noticed. Well, just go into the field one night, execute the plan and BAM! within a week or two (or maybe not until the actual harvest itself) someone finds your artwork and posts it for everyone to see. The true artist creates art for the purpose of art. Putting it in the sand would either get too much attenting (beaches and the like) or little to no attention (large deserts) unless it was a known project. The same goes for large flowing grasslands. Crops have to be harvested so eventually your work will be found.

Now keeping the above bolded statement in mind, the same reasoning could easily apply to the theroy of crop circles being of an alien origin. "Get your message seen without being seen leaving your message".

Just an idea

[edit]: Changed "with" to "without"

[edit on 31-8-2009 by M0n0lyth]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

All roads lead to the wizard!!!

FOLLOW THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
upon further looks, the top picture is not the same as the bottom 2. where is the black pit int he middle of the google earth picture, where are the roads running along it in the other pictures? where is the mountain range in the google earth picture?

Seriously bro? If you would read the friggin thread or maybe even a source you would know:
A) What you're referring to as the "black pit" is actually clearly stated and even shown in pictures in this thread to be WATER. The project finished 12 years ago....the water dried up.
B) There is quite blatantly a road visible running on the left side of the first picture...
C) The first photograph is clearly taken from Google Earth, did you ever consider the OP zoomed in to get a good detailed shot, hence the mountains cannot be seen?

I see myself as being very open-minded and definitely not one to debunk theories (check my posts) however, some of the comments in this thread make me want to leave ATS...really..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join