It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a SURVIVOR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Survivor
Hello, I’m a new member on ATS, but not new to ATS. I’ve been reading the web site daily for about a year now. A little about myself I spent 10 years in The Marine Corps, and 2 years in the Army Guard. I now work as a government security contractor, and have worked in Qatar, Iraq, and now I’m working in Afghanistan. I deployed 7 times when I was in the Marine Corps and have been to about every survival school know to man. My motto in life is faller to prepare is preparing to fail. I’m that guy. The one that has food for 2 years, ammo for a life time and both my wife and myself drive Hummers. I hope to add a lot to the survival Form and maybe help other people out in the long run and be able to start a nice little survival network.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What do you know about federal law that prohibits hoarding more than a year's worth of food? And why the hell does such a law exist?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Guess what, I'm a survivor, too.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was married once does that count?

Welcome aboard.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I don’t know much about that law but I will check into it. I’m dad always told me that a man needed to take ever step possible to protect his family and make shore his family had food on the table and that is what I’m doing. My long term goal in life is to have a piece of land in the country were my family and I can live in piece, be off the grid and not worry about needing food, water, or anything ells from any one for at least a year to two years at a time. The Marine Corps taught me one mind any weapon. I think that means You have one brain if you’re smart enough you can make it throe any thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hello from" NORN IRON " Sounds like an ideal way off life to me But being a Brit i prefer landies over hummers just my thing matey Welcome aboard the merry go round and look forward to seeing some off yer posts

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Thanks I look forward to having a lot of fun, learn a lot, and maybe pass some of my knowledge on over the next few months. As a lot of people all ready know there is not much that goes on in Afghanistan during the winter so hopefully I will have time to put some good post up on here.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Thanks I look forward to having a lot of fun, learn a lot, and maybe pass some of my knowledge on over the next few months. As a lot of people all ready know there is not much that goes on in Afghanistan during the winter so hopefully I will have time to put some good post up on here.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks, for the links, how long were you in the Corps? I bet with yours and my knowledge on survival we can put some good post up here. Semper FI

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Ya, thanks for the links. It is very helpful to learn how to survive on ATS without being accidently deleted by staff. LOL.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I can’t believe that I did not even get one flag on my first post. It’s all good once I can post in the survivor form I’m shore I will get a lot of flags.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Are you here for flags? Ugh.

Welcome to ATS.

If you want a survival vehicle you missed the boat.

Get yourself a 4-wheel drive Tundra. It will pull your Hummer around the block all day long.

Oops!!!! I guess it shows that I'm a bit competitive when anything with wheels and a steering wheel are concerned. I like tough and fast.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You'll fit in perfectly here. Have a good time.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My Hummer will go thru about anything, Climb anything, and once I get my snorkel on it I will even be able to drive thru rivers. For the money I think the Hummer is the best survival vehicle out there.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0369

5 years but I did not stop there..

Did the civilian contractor thing once and my current job is close to the subject as well..

Not to throw a monkey wrench in or anything, but I'll stack my Jeep up with it's current configuration against most other vehicles for survival purposes...

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I to like jeeps and my old one was set up well, But it just don’t hang with the Hummer. I have yet to get stuck in it or not be able to get were I’m going in it.

top topics

join