It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We All See the Clock Ticking'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

'We All See the Clock Ticking'

www.spiegel.de

www.spiegel.de...

In an interview with SPIEGEL, Israeli Deputy Prime Minister and
Intelligence Minister Dan Meridor, 62, speaks about Prime Minister
Netanyahu's upcoming visit to Berlin, the chances for a new peace
process in the Middle East and why the world can't let Iran get its
hands on nuclear weapons.

SPIEGEL: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is meeting George
Mitchell, the United States' special envoy to the Middle East, this
Monday in London before coming to Berlin on Wednesday. Will we see a
very confident
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.spiegel.de

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One thing rarely linked is Iran, its nuclear capability, and the fact that they are funding Hamas and other terrorist organizations. Sure, 2 of the 3 may be linked, but rarely all 3. It is not to Israel's advantage to 'drag one's feet'when it comes to talking. From where does the intransigence come?

From those who are giving Iran time to fully complete the nuclear program they are involved in. The Arab nations are all too awhere of the threat a nuclear Iran (combined with a variant form of Islam) poses to the family Saud, as well as others in the gulf, India and Indonesia. You see, it is the combined power of nukes and a religion that 'nukes' those different from themselves.

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Another point that gets overlooked frequently, is Iran's claim that it is developing nuclear capabilities only for peaceful purposes, for power plants. This makes little sense, considering how much petroleum Iran is sitting on - as I recall, it's around #5 in the world for oil capacity. That makes Iran's need for nuclear power less urgent than almost any other country.

The facts are that Iran is developing nuclear weapons; it already has missiles; its leader (Ahmadinejad) has frequently and clearly voiced his wish to wipe Israel from the map; and Iran is supplying various terror organizations with weapons used against Israel, the US, and others that Iran (or at least Ahmadinejad) doesn't like.

To believe that Iran's intentions are benign is naive and untenable.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skycopilot

Even if Iran had the intention & capability of producing nuclear weapons. which I think is fairly dubious, it is a given that these weapons would never be used.

The only reason Iran would want nuclear weapons would be to gain political leverage in the region.

I really hope Israel doesn't do something stupid that could have very serious consequences for the region, but it's pretty clear that they're itching to scramble those bombers...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I love how these things are so one sided when it is really a two sided debate. Perhaps IRAN funds these groups so they can protect themselves from Isreal? After all who is taking who's land according to internationally defined boundries? Isreal is the real aggressor in the Middle East. i don't blame all their neighbors for hating them.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think it would be nice to withdraw ALL support in the area, build multi vehicle missile defenses that are REUSABLE in that once a target is destroyed the other kill vehicles disarm and return to earth via parachute.

Let them all wipe each other out sooner rather than later. We are only prolonging the pain it seems. Everyone will have the bomb eventually whether through necessity or desire, transparent or covert means.

It's time to bring all the troops home and let's get to work fortifying this mother for a storm is sure to come some time later on, but sooner if we keep meddling.

Let God sort em out and we'll figure out how to trade with whoever is left. The problem is well out of our hands and those states get ambitious towards us with every intervention of a neighbor.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

The more i read this post the more i am convinced that you are a troll seriously go back to trolling other forum posts.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The problem with Western thinking is that we see things in a view with borders around countries.
In reality 57 OIC countries are bonded together as Islam with the goal of reformation of the Caliphate. Only a small portion of that plan is Iran becoming nuclear.

Other parts of the plan are apparent including Alwaleed owning a majority of America's debt through ownership in Citibank. Afghanistan luring in our military is a big part also. North Korea and Venezuela being strategic partners in other locations is important. And Obama being an apostate muslims also plays a factor. All making the US vulnerable to fall into this plan of reformation and domination by the Islamic Caliphate.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What's interesting to observe from a historical perspective is what oil has done for the region and the Muslim world. Since the huge reserves were discovered in Saudi Arabia in the mid-30s international politics have changed decisively. Even Hitler was working on integrating Iran into his sphere for the oil wealth.

The Middle East could have been developed and modernized along the lines of Japan given their resource revenues. But it remains stagnant in industrialization and culturally.

Tribalism, self-indulgent squandering regimes, emphasis on fighing each other and the West rather than internal development and education.

Sadly unproductive. The Muslim world by and large have not benefitted from the tremendous advantages and opportunities they were blessed with.

Immature and paranoid are good single world descriptors. Anger and hostility are the overriding motivations.

Mike

[edit on 30-8-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well said Mike. Too much sudden power among smarter nations and now they are crying like babies and throwing a temper tantrum.

In the latest news there was an attack in Saudi. Next phase will include AQ attacking the oil fields to burn what brought the West into their deserts. Even though AQ is funded by Saudi but the twisted mindset is destroy and remain stagnant. Very sad. Also Syria will be forced into the mix and attacks will increase there.

I always like to emphasize that Islam is 57 OIC countries and an actual physical place, one place. Not the borders in Rand McNally that the West recognizes as seperate countries.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Too much sudden power among smarter nations and now they are crying like babies and throwing a temper tantrum.

In the latest news there was an attack in Saudi. Next phase will include AQ attacking the oil fields to burn what brought the West into their deserts. Even though AQ is funded by Saudi but the twisted mindset is destroy and remain stagnant. Very sad. Also Syria will be forced into the mix and attacks will increase there.

The Middle East in the 20th Century has been a tragic spectacle. All the wealth in the world found under their feet. Did they use it to improve the lot of the people with investment in their own infrastructure, improved education, industrialization, and living conditions?

No. The money went into the hands of a few controlling families and their cronies. Their vision was limited to escalating the fights among themselves and their perceived enemies. Billions going into trillions now, wasted on self-indulgence and petty enmities.

A low self-esteem infects the culture. Rather than trying to beat the West at their own game, they just want to destroy it.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

It is odd behavior, I think it's from all the lead in the environment in the Middle East. Lack of the ability to advance in civilization is also lazy. But that's intelligent design for ya.

Meanwhile the clock is ticking and much faster. Movement indicates something maybe around the corner.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The transition from poverty to world controlling wealth came too rapidly.
We're talking the Saudis mainly.

Winning the lottery of all time gave them the delusion of entitlement. And the West keeps humoring them.

They will push too far and be pushed back soon.

Won't be pretty.

Mike

[edit on 31-8-2009 by mmiichael]

link   
duplicate message

link   
duplicate message

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

The facts are that Iran is developing nuclear weapons; it already has missiles; its leader (Ahmadinejad) has frequently and clearly voiced his wish to wipe Israel from the map; and Iran is supplying various terror organizations with weapons used against Israel, the US, and others that Iran (or at least Ahmadinejad) doesn't like.

To believe that Iran's intentions are benign is naive and untenable.

Please get your facts straight on wht exactly Ahmadinejad said in that speech. He did not say he wishes to wipe Israel off the map. Of course the MSM reported this is what he said.

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this
Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

The inflammatory "wiped off the map" quote was first disseminated not by Iran's enemies, but by Iran itself. The Islamic Republic News Agency, Iran's official propaganda arm, used this phrasing in the English version of some of their news releases covering the World Without Zionism conference. International media including the BBC, Al Jazeera, Time magazine and countless others picked up the IRNA quote and made headlines out of it without verifying its accuracy, and rarely referring to the source. Iran's Foreign Minister soon attempted to clarify the statement, but the quote had a life of its own. Though the IRNA wording was inaccurate and misleading, the media assumed it was true, and besides, it made great copy.

It is amazing how something can be taken out of context to mean something completely untrue .

On this note I could say that the regime occupying the USA must vanish from the page of time. I am sure most would agree with this statement, but not take it as I want to wipe the Americans off the map. AM I correct?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by nepafogo]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

The Inustrial Revolution never reached the Middle East.

Is that like the Industrial Revolution?
;-)

Islam isn't designed for industry. The theology isn't that advanced. The more I think about it seems to me that Islam doesn't embrace nature. Instead the mutation of male dominance via Mohammed (PBUH) is being felt 1300 years later in massive disproportion. Gender imbalance = chaos.

How sad that these Islamic boys now possess nukes and will use them in the name of Mohammed.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

Lost in translation. Still the statement by Amadinijad means that Israel needs to cease to exist, an old Islamic sentiment repeated by many other leaders in Islamic countries.
Unless you want to apologize for Islamic leaders and be a dhimmi.

As for you wanting to wipe out the US regime are you saying that you are anti-US-government?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo
It is amazing how something can be taken out of context to mean something completely untrue.

It's amazing how every time a veiled threat to Israel's existence comes out of Iran someone shows up demonstrating there was a mistranslation.

Hundreds of these uncalled for intimidations have been made. Are we supposed to act like idiots and pretend we don't get the message?

How about the Holocaust Conference they had in Iran. What was that all about?

A Farsi mistranslation?

Get real.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I wouldnt say I am anti-US government cause that could get my name added to a list, but I would say that I am unhappy with how the country is being run into the ground by the last 3 puppets.

Fed Reserve, 9/11, ecenomic crash, big bank bailouts, the list goes on and on.

I just do not believe how the media is spinning Iran to be evil as completely true and unbiased.
Truth of the matter IMO is that US and Israel both desperately want to go into Iran to control the oil, reminisent of Iraq.. Oh , where are those WMD's?
I think that Iran feels the "heat" from this eminents invasiuon and should have the right to be able to protect itself. Israel has nukes, the US has nukes, India has nukes. If it was my country I would feel much better at least having the capability to disuade others from attacking me.

Personally I do not believe Iran wants to go to war with either country. Do some digging on CIA black operations in Iran. I think the US and their buddy Israel are both salivating over controlling Iran and its resources and will go to any means to accomplish this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join