It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck scores Top Cable Rating! 3,000,000 viewers!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BostonBill99

Right here you go,

This guy called Ron Paul followers and such terrorists. How can you say he's a decent man?

GLENN BECK SAYS 9 11 TRUTHERS ARE WORKING WITH AL-CIA-DA! DAMN THIS TRAITOR/LIAR/GOV SHILL!! !
www.youtube.com...

How about that? How can you still say he's a decent man after that?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

I read your post the first time. Show me where he said Ron Paul followers were terrorists. Not 9/11 truthers who happen to be Ron Paul followers, but Ron Paul followers who are NOT 9/11 truthers. Your statement assumes that all Ron Paul followers are 9/11 truthers, or vice versa, and in that profiling, you are dead wrong. I am a Ron Paul supporter and NOT a 9/11 truther.

I have read and watched everything there is on the 9/11 truth movement. I don't buy the suggestion that it was an inside job. I think I have the right to have that opinion, and I think its OK do have an opinion different than yours. Also, if I happen to believe that a 9/11 truther is a terrorist (personally not willing to go that far, but some are), again, that would be my opinion and I think I am entitled.

However, it doesn't completely taint me as a human being and completely invalidate any OTHER opinion I may have. We may disagree on one point, but that disagreement does NOT invalidate ALL OTHER points that we may discuss. You have no right to stereotype or profile anyone based on one opinion or one matter.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Glen who? Don't know who your talking about

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What is with all this Glenn Beck crap? He's just another hired shill, a talking head that feeds you whatever information will keep you sitting there watching the advertisements. He's on FOX News for crying out loud!!

So now that Obama is president, and we have more democratic control in the government Fox News is some bastion of honest journalism???

Not even a year ago it was "Faux News" the "MSM Propaganda Machine" and now it's *swoon* "Glenn Beck is the friend and hero of every conspiracy theorist". *melt*

You gotta be crazy if you think he's going to reveal some great truth. All he's done is capitalize while co-opting and corrupting all the efforts of real theorists!

I'm sorry, but if you can't see through this thinly veiled attempt to get you to drink the kool aid then maybe theorizing on conspiracies isn't for you.

edit: I wish I could sage this thread

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm shocked at the bashing of Beck.
Majority of the stuff he talks about is talked about on here. The very people who are bashing him clearly do not watch him, because most of what you all complain about regarding the government and the running of it, is being brought to light by him on TV.

I think it is just trendy to bash on him, even if you don't realize why you are doing it.

Beck is anti-big government (no matter who is in office) and pro-citizen. This is why he is so popular. Not because America's IQ is low
because he is speaking the truth that the government is corrupt and the people need to take their country back. He is practically the only person in the media who is voicing this!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have been watching this thread and thinking about what I have to contribute. I am not a fan of Glenn Beck but I do not hate the guy or anything. As far as his popularity, that number represents the 1% of the public that go to places like this site, that also listen to Alex Jones, like Ron Paul, and either support the Tea Parties in spirit or actually attend them.

I happen to be part of a fraction of that 1% of America in a way but I do not watch cable news. I like the quote from the Simpsons "Comic Book Guy"

Kent Brockman: Excuse me, did you see the six o'clock news?
Comic Book Guy: No, I get my news from the internet, like a normal person under seventy. Farewell, dinosaur.

That said I only hear about what Glenn Beck has to say when he says something either very important and Beck fan people point it out on Reddit or Digg or something very stupid and the Beck haters point that out on the same venue.

Personally I think that those who in this thread have pointed out that if Glenn Beck was really on the side of truth and public good that Murdock would shut him down. It is more likely that he is being used as an (IP) Influence Operative to try and control that noisy and dangerous 1% of the public that are very alarmed and aware about what is going on. He is being used in a manner much as Hal Turner was being used to influence those who are potential adversaries of the system to act in a manner that brings them public humiliation, scorn or even outrage. So far he seems to have been effective in this effort.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by inked up

Majority of the stuff he talks about is talked about on here. The very people who are bashing him clearly do not watch him, because most of what you all complain about regarding the government and the running of it, is being brought to light by him on TV.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, he's co-opted legitimate conspiracy research. Look at it this way, he's reaching 3 million people at this point. Of those 3 million, many may be hearing some of these ideas and stories for the first time.

All they know is the Glenn Beck version of things. That means "TPTB" own those stories and can add whatever fabricated information they'd like.

He's a corporate media shill, he's just a talking head who's being fed this information. Do you really think he would expose anything major at all? Do you think the people that own Fox would let him say anything they didn't want getting out?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

If I were to think along those lines, I would think that Beck would be praising Obama and every step the Obama administration takes. If he is reaching so many people, why is he not being used to promote Obama and Obamacare and everything the Obama administration stands for? He would be praising and supporting pro-big government. And most certainly not bringing to light most of the stuff we are concerned about HERE. He is against everything that "they" stand for. He is for everything "we" stand for.

I guess I do not get the philosophy that him bashing the very people/government that we all hate, means that he is secretly a shill for them. If I want to use someone for an agenda, I am going to make sure they put me in the best light possible.

I don't think "reverse psychology" is what is going on here.

But maybe someone can explain how someone who is anti Obama (and Bush), anti big government, wants to pull back the curtain on government, wants to expose all the BS of the government, and so on is a shill for "them".

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Glenn Beck, Ron Paul = Terrorists?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by inked up

What you see here is denial.
Glenn Beck is a rising star.
Fox News and Glenn Beck is where you go to find the truth.
We need them to read through the 1,000 page ObamaCare
nonsense.
Fox News lawyers have read the 1,000 page bill.
They say most of it is gobbily goop that means nothing.
I'm sure step 1 was : Make it over 1,000 pages.
That way nobody will read it.
Step 2: Keep Tort Reform off the table. The trial lawyers
bought Obama off $$$.
Step 3: Install the Canadian Health Care system.

Call it Public Option.

Glenn Beck has another great show tonight.
Check out his blog at Fox News.com.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Once again I will say that Glenn Beck questions our Goverment, who they are, and what they are. Glenn Becks team of researchers found FACTS on just who has the Presidents ear in the White House, on just who are the 33 Czars, and how organizations such as SEIU, Weather Underground, Apollo, and other radical, communist organizations, are now a BIG part of the White House, employed by the White House...
Glenn Beck has stated the FACTS, not for people to blindly accept, but for all people to research themselves. I have found NONE of these facts to be untruthful. PROVE that Glenn Beck has lied, or distorted the facts, that's when your voice will be heard..Until then, no matter what our future holds, always remember.....
"Don't ever under estimate the WILL of the American People"
d.yimg.com...

[edit on 28-8-2009 by MissysWorld]

[edit on 28-8-2009 by MissysWorld]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is the ONLY one that has the fortitude to dig deep and get the truth out there! The others, on other stations are running scared and afraid to report what's really going on. The problem is that he tells it like it is and the truth hurts!!! He has exposed a lot that nobody would ever hear about on local news or other "news" stations. He says what many others are thinking and not able to put it out there for all to hear!!!
GO GLENN!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You know Glenn is on to something, because we have 5 pages here and not a single person as addressed any of thew questions hes asked. Te guy may be a bit weird, but hes the only one doing any sort of investigating in to the government in power. Whats e get for it, but a non-stop parade of insults from the left.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Tell me, who uses ridicule as their primary political weapon?

I guess it makes sense. Ridiculing the opposition is much easier than arguing facts. Beck isn't perfect by any means and he's not right all the time, but the personal attacks, not by all but many here and elsewhere, tell me a great deal about where its coming from.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'll listen to anything anyone has to say. Thats how I learn stuff. I then take what they tell me and I do my own research. I even research the monthly messages from the ATS frauds who claim to be star children with messages about the future but they aren't allowed to give details. I even research folks who claim to be cloud breakers (Hell, I even tried it myself. Amazingly if you stare at a cloud for a long time, it moves and breaks apart)

Glen Back is a bit of a cook and an actor, but a lot of facts spill out of his lips. I try to check them all. Aside from him saying some moronic things, he uncovers truth.

To the folks who say "Ima no like him because obama says he is stupider" Check his facts, not opinions, but facts and find out where he is dead wrong. You can be scared of him because he exposes fraud, but at least give him credit when he is correct.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Alex jones and infowars is absolutely exploding in popularity now as well. ATS seems to be expanding.

Funny how people respond to the cold hard truth.
Funny how people like it when someone challenges them to think for themselves and do the research.
Funny how people want liberty.
Funny how people are tired of government shenanigans that get worse every day.
Funny how people are waking up.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm not a huge Beck fan, but will watch once in a while. He does bring up good points and raises some issues that no one else will talk about. Whether he has his own agenda or not, I don't know. I take it with a grain of salt. Like said before, anybody that bashes Obama AND Bush has at least one good quality.

I know that after 4 pages on this thread I haven't heard one legitimate argument against him other that calling him a "shill" and other name calling. Way to make a point.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Personally I think that those who in this thread have pointed out that if Glenn Beck was really on the side of truth and public good that Murdock would shut him down. It is more likely that he is being used as an (IP) Influence Operative to try and control that noisy and dangerous 1% of the public that are very alarmed and aware about what is going on.

I look at it much the same way. You said it better than I did though. He talks about many of the same issues as the people on ATS but he doesn't go that extra step. It's like a watered down version of the stories.

It's to make people think he's watching when really he's just guiding the alarmed and aware. Maybe in the wrong direction. Like someone else said, at least he's putting it out there. Hopefully people will research these things for them selves and find the rest of the story.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Also, the people who watch him realize he's saying things that are true and disturbing about the Government. But how is he portrayed to the people who don't watch him. As a raving mad man, right. So what will those people think about the things he says. They will probably think it's all the rantings of a mad man.

The best way to hide some of these things in plain sight is to have a TV personality talk about it. Then claim that person to be crazy. Makes everything he says hold no weight with the masses.

It will all be dismissed as crazy, just because he says it. No matter how true it is.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Lol a dream team that just goes to show how naive america really is. 3 million people with nothing better to do then listen to a bunch of lunatics.
's up america our population of retards is growing.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join