It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck scores Top Cable Rating! 3,000,000 viewers!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Glenn Beck brings on Rush Limbaugh and rolls over everybody.
It looks like we have a dream team. Over 3,000,000 viewers
watched Glenn Beck. He gets a little crazy sometimes but we love him.

Drudge Report

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Two morons for the price of one

Yippie! great ratings

shut the damn thing off

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I missed his show today I think this series of 3 shows he is doing on the TSAR's is a good idea yesterdays show was interesting . Sure he's over the top somtimes but nobody pays for under the top right.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He's an idiot...maybe thats why so many people watch his show,comical value?
In any case,i hope people don't take him seriously and think he is fighting on the side of team truth.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

Certinly not morons they are both fairly current with events,You don't have to agree with them but they should make you think.
No more or less moronic than any other current event programing.
Make alot of noise get paid...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I do like Beck most of the time, even though he gets bashed around on ATS.
I think he's very instrumental in waking alot of people up to our corrupt gov. down with the 2 party system.
Friday's show is going to be on his idea of what we can do if we're sick of the way this country is going. We'll see I got him Tivo'd.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

You really think rupert murdoch would even give him 5 seconds of airtime unless there was an agenda to it? And i very much doubt that agenda has to do with the betterment of the american people.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This thread seems poignantly appropriate...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Funny thing is I had never heard of Glenn Beck until he went to FOX, now I never miss a show!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

If the man's was telling me that the world is fine, the economy has turned around and all is well. Then I agree with you.

As far as I'm concerned anybody who says anything negative about Obama and Bush on the same show has got something right.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by 5 oClock]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh no... the intelligence quotient of the country must be lower than I thought.

It's just primetime television, basically. It's drama, it's acting, it's scary and comforting.

Everyone should just go back to watching more informative television, like Reality TV.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is connecting the dots with FACTS. People who dont watch him should. Who are the Czars? Glenn gives you the facts...
Take his questions, his facts, do your own homework..I have, and let me tell you all..you should be scared..VERY scared, what is coming...
Prove that what Glenn has been saying all week with FACTS is wrong, thats when I start listening to you..until then..do your own homework on the people who reside, and work in the White House...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Regarding Beck's popularity............

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is character - Horace Greeley

Popularity is glory's small change. - Victor Hugo

I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.
- Julius Erving

And my own:
I don't know what makes so many people so ignorant, but whatever it is sure seems to be working.

I suspect he is "testing the water" of decency and will soon become a victim of his own self-centric, conceited over-inflated success.

Big ratings on cable news is like being the tallest guy in Munchkinland.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe Glenn Beck was put on TV to pacify a segment of the populace. The people who didn't like the way the country was running was a large part of Obamas support. Once those people figured out nothing was going to change under Obama they were going to get angry. Beck was put there to pacify these people. Makes it look like someone is watching out for their concerns.

Either that or he truly is worried about the country but like solomon said Murdoch wouldn't allow him there if he was going to reveal the whole truth.

I think Beck will turn into a John Stewart character eventually. Doing a sort of joke based news show.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum

I think Beck will turn into a John Stewart character eventually. Doing a sort of joke based news show.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Strictsum]

You mean he's not already?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
Glenn Beck is connecting the dots with FACTS. People who dont watch him should. Who are the Czars? Glenn gives you the facts...
Take his questions, his facts, do your own homework..I have, and let me tell you all..you should be scared..VERY scared, what is coming...
Prove that what Glenn has been saying all week with FACTS is wrong, thats when I start listening to you..until then..do your own homework on the people who reside, and work in the White House...
Agreed.
But he wears too much makeup. Seen this guy for the first time just the other day and I remember hearing him say that the gov was out of control and it was time for a change/revolution..or something to that effect. Anyways he sounded like he was on out side.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum

Hmmmmm. FOX already tried that. Seems the neocons didn't go for it.

Comedy news for the right-wing? Considering the success of Comedy Central’s political satire shows, it seemed like an interesting idea. Apparently not enough viewers agreed.

Source

I suspect conservatives prefer their bigoted propaganda inciteful rather than insightful.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I guess this thread just turned into (if you like Beck your blind)
Let me tell yunz (I said it) anybody that puts forth information and leaves it up to you to research and find out what you can about the info. to be true or false has got something right.
I listen to Beck, Alex Jones and frequent many websites on these topics and come to my own conclusions. I do have weapons, ammo, metals, food and a semi-plan (still working on)
to hopefully ride out any storm that may or may not come. So please go easy on those who you think have it all wrong, unless you have all the answers and a master scheme.
If you do then please do share

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Got to be a poke in the eye to the lilly-livered advertisers that pulled out of his show. When they ask to come back, I would charge them twice the going rate.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That's fine and dandy.

However, Glen Beck has chose to speak on and exploit what MANY OTHER media outlets are doing right now.

They happen to be the unpopular, viral, hard working, alternative types.

Glen Beck has decided to run with we all have seen, heard, watch or listen to on the INTERNET.

But we have also been considered crazy and generally still are by the masses.

Glen Beck becoming popular is just a sign of the times. I pray people branch off from him and discover the many other truths in the liberty and freedom movement.

We shall see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join