It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of the founding fathers were masons. Do they really not want to rule the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've noticed a lot of pro-Masons here act really brainwashed. They act like their organization is the best. Well consider me in the anti-Mason camp. Most Masons just go out and deny in many of their threads that there are any secrets to their organizations. They act like they're better than other people. Masons think that Masonry makes other men better. What it really does is give other people a group to be a part of... and they just want to be a part of it. It's more like a social club.

I'm really interested in the real free-mason history. I'm not into the conspiracy realm yet of it... I've been there already... but I'm checking out the facts first... and I find it highly laughable that the Masons on this forum will act as if everything on the internet is false and that their Masonic secret non-secret society has no secrets. Well let's begin from an article I found... I shall present some evidence I've found just now. I'm going to go back later on and use this thread as kind of a thread for when I find more information about the Masons that I can prove so I can go on and say HEY look I've found more stuff to get the Masons with... or at least catch them when they say there are no secrets. That is totally right. You know what? I guess they are right. It's not really a secret. What they have been doing for centuries has been right in the open and the truth is out there and we haven't seen it. I'll start with what I know now... as I gain more knowledge on the Secret Masonic History I'll post more of what I know... something tells me I should probably read a book by Jim Marrs on it.

Anyhow, it's a commonly known fact that about half the founding fathers were Freemasons. They openly celebrated their free-masonry status. Presenting exhibit A: George Washington was a free-mason, and, was elected the leader of the country.

There are those who claim that the Freemasons constitute a powerful secret brotherhood of darkness that is planning to take over the world. According to some scholars of the occult, the Masons' "Supreme Architect of the Universe" is none other than Lucifer, who cloaks himself in Masonic literature under such names as Zoraster, Shiva, Abaddon, and other pagan-god disguises. The so-called "holy writings" of Freemasonry, as well as their secret rites, passwords, initiations, and handshakes have their origins in the Roman mystery religions, Egyptian rituals, and Babylonian paganism. Often linked to the Illuminati, Freemasonry is said to have exerted its influence on every aspect of American society—including its currency.

Of all of the above alarmist concerns, only the part about the currency may have some credence. On the front of a one-dollar bill, there is a portrait of George Washington (1732–1799), an avowed Mason, who donned his Masonic apron and presided over the dedication of the United States Capitol. The flip side of the bill displays the Great Seal of the United States. The front side of the seal depicts the spread eagle, arrows in one claw, olive branch in the other, and a banner proclaiming E Pluribus Unum in its beak. Opposite the spread eagle, the backside of the seal, is an incomplete pyramid with an eye floating in a glowing triangle where the capstone should be. Above the eye is the caption Annuit Coeptis, commonly translated as "He has favored our undertaking," and in a scroll beneath is the slogan Novus Ordo Seclorum, "a new order of the ages."

If you look on the dollar bill all the Masonic symbolism is there. That should certainly be a bit surprising. Most historians will acknowledge that the founding fathers were Masons. Yet Free-masons seem to consistently deny that Masons have had much to do with history and they act like their society is just for fun and just something that's happened now.

Congress first authorized the creation of a Great Seal of the United States in 1792, but no real effort was made to have anyone design one. Nearly 100 years later, in 1884, Congress once again authorized the task of designing a Great Seal for the nation. In 1892, funds were allocated in the hope that an appropriate seal would be finished in time for the Chicago's World Fair. At last both sides of the seal were finally completed, but at its premiere showing, the side that featured the pyramid with the all-seeing eye was turned to the wall because some viewers were

Masonic temple in Alexandria, Virginia. (CORBIS CORPORATION)
offended by the symbol's Masonic associations. The backside of the Great Seal, first authorized by Congress in 1792, was not seen by the American public until 1935 when President Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882–1945), a 32nd-degree Mason, put it on the back of the one-dollar bill.

So FDR, was himself a Mason. He had to oversee the great depression. And he put the All Seeing Eye on the dollar bill. Yeah, so Masons don't really have any real power. They're just a faceless organization. Sure!!!

While the Free and Accepted Order of Freemasons is the oldest fraternity in the world, it doesn't really extend back to the stone masons working on Solomon's Temple—nor does it date even farther back to those who labored on the Egyptian pyramids, as some Masons have claimed. Freemasonry did evolve from the guilds of the stonemasons who traveled from city to city in Europe of the fourteenth century looking for work on the great cathedrals being constructed at that time. The secret passwords and handshakes were unique ways by which a newcomer to a city might prove that he really was a true member of the guild. While there are references to Freemasonry as early as 1390, the fraternity did not come into being until 1717 when four London lodges united.

From its actual beginnings in the early 1700s, Freemasonry exerted a great deal of influence upon society. For one thing, in the midst of seemingly incessant quarreling over religion throughout the European nations, the Freemasons were nondenominational, asking only that its members recognized a Supreme Being and sought somehow to better humanity through the course of their own lives. Because men of low rank could become members and no religious philosophy was deemed

Officers of the New York Mecca Temple. (CORBIS CORPORATION)
superior to another, the lodges of Freemasonry became champions of the emerging concepts of democracy that were suffusing the Enlightenment. Such freedoms of thought and spirituality did not endear the Freemasons to many facets of established society, particularly the Roman Catholic Church, who condemned the fraternity as anti-Christian.
By the mid-1700s, Freemasonry had established its lodges throughout Europe and had been carried across the ocean to the New World by numerous immigrants. George Washington, Benjamin Franklin (1706– 1790), John Hancock (1737–1793), Paul Revere (1735–1818), and many other of the Founding Fathers of the United States were openly proud of being Masons. A freed slave, Prince Hall, who was initiated into Masonry by a British soldier in Boston, later founded an African lodge, which became the still-extant Prince Hall Masons.

After the Revolution (1775–83), American Freemasonry became extremely powerful in the United States. Lodges were constructed in the smallest of villages, and it became an undeniable sign of prestige in any community to be a member of the Masons. For businessmen who wished to succeed, it was almost a requirement to join the Freemasons.

So the heroes of the revolution were Masons also? Yeah. So there really is no conspiracy there. So perhaps there were genuine heroes in the revolution. I am no doubt well aware of that... but we were created by Masons. Who knows what else Masons wanted?

(Source:
www.unexplainedstuff.com...)

On the website it goes on to talk about how William Morgan was sentenced to jail and not given a fair trial by a pro-Mason court. He was going to expose the Masonic society for the bizarre rituals that it was. The article goes on to talk about the anti-Mason party and how that lead to a drop in the Masonry membership.

Well so my Mason friends, you've always told me that there are no secrets to your society. And you're absolutely right!! It's all out in the open. I know the power that your organization has had in the past... and what could you possibly tell me that would ease my mind about the Masonry movement? You've lied to me time and time again saying that there was nothing that I need to worry about and things along those lines with things regarding Freemasonry. I would like an answer.

I'll continue to expose your society and what it's done through provable historical facts... but either you Masons on here will have to persuade me that your organization isn't really that evil, or, I'll probably end up in the anti-Mason camp here at ATS...

I'm just wondering, why shouldn't I think that Masons want to take over the world? I've learned about their movement... and it's all provable historical facts that they had a lot of people in high-power in their membership. So what's to stop me from thinking that it's an elitest club?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
... but either you Masons on here will have to persuade me that your organization isn't really that evil, or, I'll probably end up in the anti-Mason camp here at ATS...

But prior you said:

Well consider me in the anti-Mason camp.

So my question is; Why bother?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Hi Frankidealist. To be Frank, masons back then were Idealists.

They co-founded the U.S. and co-wrote the brilliantly frank and idealistic Constitution (check my link in my siggy!), frankidealist.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Masonic history is a riddle.

To me (opinion only) the Masons of George Washington's era is not the same organization as it used to be. From the research I have done, Albert Pike changed the masons in the 19th century and turned it into a more "occult" organization.

Any theories?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

why bother?
because i started of in the anti masons camp, and now i am applying for membership in a lodge

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I don't know for sure that half of the founding fathers were Masons or not. I am aware that 29 of the men that signed the Declaration of Independence were Seminary graduates(Ministers).

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There are/where literally dozens if not hundreds of "secret societies" in US history. The main reason people join are for social opportunity, protection, belonging, etc.. The Masons have more of a mystic/religious inclination than most. Street gangs today are really secret societies. Secret Societies rise up when mass immigration, isolation and separatism pervade. Some have rituals some not. The Legal Society (Lawyers) is a secret society.

Being a part of an organization like the Masons was opportunity. It would not be uncommon for people to join multiple gangs/societies and pursue multiple channels of opportunity. Among the ordinary ranks, people are just people but where people have compromised themselves by owing a debt for getting a job or a franchise or other, they are more likely to be corruptible or obliged to pay back the favor. Attend any trial and read between the lines and you will see the Lawyer (agent of the court) walking a tightrope in order to keep his license (membership, entitlement) in tact. Their first allegiance is to the Legal Society not their client or justice or truth.

Most "Secret Societies" have museums. The Red Men (sons of liberty) have their national museum in Waco, Texas. Waco also houses the State museums for the Masons and the Shiners. The museums often have something of a library for study and research.

Most of these societies appear to be dying out or have outlived their usefulness.

Albert Pike did a good job in marketing the Mason Order after the civil war. He makes it sound very noble and full of virtue and for most people who join that may be all it ever is for them. But, under the covers, there is certainly much more.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The article, or at least the parts you posted, seems fairly well balanced with the exception of this bit.

At last both sides of the seal were finally completed, but at its premiere showing, the side that featured the pyramid with the all-seeing eye was turned to the wall because some viewers were offended by the symbol's Masonic associations.
That seems biased. I honestly don't think that at that time A: all that many people would know or recognize Masonic symbols, and B: that if they did, there would be any overwhelming offense by those symbols.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Half of your founding fathers were racist begets, there is more evidence regarding them being racist begets than massons.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Maybe these people are evil we don't know for sure, but I can tell you your spelling is way off.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yup, it looks like they are in control.
What can we blame on them.

Not going back to the founding fathers and up till modern times
there might be something.

Well making believe we landed on the moon was one turn
I noticed through the years on internet conspiracy topics.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The majority of Presidents are also College graduates. Correlation does not imply causation.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

To me (opinion only) the Masons of George Washington's era is not the same organization as it used to be. From the research I have done, Albert Pike changed the masons in the 19th century and turned it into a more "occult" organization.

Any theories?

Masons back then where very involved in the communities.. though, not half of the Founding Fathers were Masons, I would say maybe 1/4 were.

Masonry HAS changed since then, but few organizations haven't changed.. it's much more like a social club now more than it is occult or idealistic like those of the Revolution.

And I wouldn't say that Masons helping found the USA as being "dominating the World" .. For one, Masonry as an organization did not help, men who happened to be Masons did. Some times people get that backwards.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Were you meaning

Bigot

or

Baguettes

I simply don't know...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Americans need to be more worried about CFR, Trilateral Commission, and The Bilderbergers than "masons". Most powerful and tyrannical masons are probably involved in atleast one of these organizations. America has no need for secret societies and in a free society they shouldn't exist.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Were not the founding fathers anti-semitic by todays standards? Being wary that should they allow the Jews a foothold in their fledgling country they would eat it away from the inside out like a cancer?

Their words, not mine.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
READ gods OF EDEN BY WILLIAM
BRAMLEY!!!!!!!!!

This book is pretty damn good reading I tell ya!!!!!

[edit on 8/28/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Any theories?

Pike only influenced the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction USA. Most Masons outside of that jurisdiction have never even heard of him.

Regardless, the Masonry of today is not significantly different from that of the founding fathers.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Ritual wise and custom wise we are almost identical, however .. how do I put this? .. The "way" Masonry was, so to speak, is different. As I imagine it changes with every generation.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Say conspiracy forums always blamed the Masons for giving
the American Indian a bad deal.

Right now the American Indian has roots in various countries
of the Old World and even Libya according to "America B.C." by Barry Fell
and Muammar Gaddafi is coming to New Jersey.

Expose the truth.
Does he not look American Indian.
I think he does.
Watch out for those Masons in the New York City pow wow Muammar.

ED: This page has a map

[edit on 8/28/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join