It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of the founding fathers were masons. Do they really not want to rule the world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Say conspiracy forums always blamed the Masons for giving
the American Indian a bad deal.

Never heard that one before. Many Native Americans are and have been Freemasons, including Mohawk chief Joseph Brant.

A famous Masonic leader, Albert Pike, was the first white man to be named an honorary Chief by the Creek Nation, in recognition of his fight to preserve Native American rights.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I find it odd someone who supposedly was very racist in regards to Africans, was honored by Native Americans for his work to preserve their rights?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I find it odd someone who supposedly was very racist in regards to Africans, was honored by Native Americans for his work to preserve their rights?

The "very racist" stuff comes from anti-Masons, not actual history.

Pike was born in a white supremacist society, and adopted some of those views early in his life. However, as he grew older, his views began to change. This can easily be seen by comparing his later writings with his earlier pre-Civil War writings. It is also interesting to note that the more he became involved in Freemasonry, the more he began to drop the previous attitudes toward race that had held as a non-Mason Pike did not become a Mason until he was in his early 40's).

When Pike completed his final revisions to the rituals of the Scottish Rite he presented a copy to Thornton A. Jackson, 33°, the African-American Sovereign Grand Commander of the Prince Hall Scottish Rite. In a letter written in 1945 to Bro. George W. Crawford, Bro. Willard W. Allen, the black Sovereign Grand Commander of the Prince Hall Scottish Rite at that time, wrote: Incidentally, it is not necessary to remind you of what practically all Masonic scholars know very well, viz., that in the closing years of General Pike’s Masonic career, he became a very staunch friend of Negro Masonry.

That tradition continues today. When the Supreme Council, Southern Jurisdiction USA, completed the Revised Standard Pike Ritual in 2001, a meeting was held in which Bro. Fred Kleinknecht, Sovereign Grand Commander, presented the revised ritual to the two Grand Commanders of the two Prince Hall Supreme Councils in the US.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

As always ML, you're an excellent source of historic information regarding all things Pike and Masonic!

To be honest I never studied the man, and I never cared for his book Morals And Dogma, and I have seen far more racist centered material regarding Pike than otherwise. So, thanks for the insight, greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

i haven't seen anything satanic yet. im a 32nd degree knight templar. to be a templar, u MUST profess a christian belief in JESUS CHRIST. our rituals date back to times before Christ. rituals that have been passed down through the KINGS of egypt through moses onto Jesus. So in all retrospect... Jesus Christ was one of the 1st Freemasons. the ritual he used to "make water into wine" is the 3rd degree ritual in masonry. so on that note, i dont see anything sinister about it.. on the other hand... ive been questioning the 33rd degree. or "The secret government within our government"

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonic kidd
Jesus Christ was one of the 1st Freemasons. the ritual he used to "make water into wine" is the 3rd degree ritual in masonry.

Can you explain to me how the allegorical story of Hiram Abiff has anything to do with Jesus?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by masonic kidd

It is true to be in the York Rite, you must be Christian..

However, I seriously doubt that the rituals were passed down by Kings, or even by guilds.. in fact, I am fairly certain they were made up in the 16-1700's.

And I don't recall anywhere in the 3rd degree that mentions the Christian Messiah nor the act of turning water to wine..

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

It is true to be in the York Rite, you must be Christian..

But this is only true in the Commandery. Those of any religion may join the Lodge, Chapter, and Councli.

However, I seriously doubt that the rituals were passed down by Kings, or even by guilds.. in fact, I am fairly certain they were made up in the 16-1700's.

Indeed. The first time that we see the degree of Master Mason worked was in 1724. And it was several years after that before it was officially adopted.

And I don't recall anywhere in the 3rd degree that mentions the Christian Messiah nor the act of turning water to wine..

I'd be more impressed if they would turn it into Guiness.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ahhh no ones gonna heed my advice and read this book.... It's worth it!

So I'll post some videos to maybee coax you into it.

[edit on 8/28/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaos Lord
Ahhh no ones gonna heed my advice and read this book.... It's worth it!

So I'll post some videos to maybee coax you into it.
Actually, that would have the exact opposite effect. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about videos. Anybody with a cell phone can make a video and put it on YouTube now days. It doesn't make it more true because there's a video about it. I'd rather read a peer reviewed paper with citations to reputable sources than waste even one minute with someone trying to sway my opinion on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
I'd rather read a peer reviewed paper with citations to reputable sources than waste even one minute with someone trying to sway my opinion on YouTube.

Which is exactly what that book is not.

It would be rather hard to annotate and footnote a book-in preparation for peer review-that theorizes extraterrestrials have been manipulating 'secret socities' from Man's earliest history to the present.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

hiram abiff is the alligorial story of the death of the last egyptian king, seqenenre tao II. who held the secrets of the ritual that made a king into a God upon his passing.. sort of like a rite to passage. the secrets were lost with the egypt king. his only son and aire to his thrown crated a new ritual with a new story of a symbolic death. when Jesus traveled to Qumran, he went through the 3 levels of degrees. taking him 3 yrs. if u read the book "the hiram key" by robert lomas. sit with a bible and masonic ritual in one hand and the book in another.. you'll discover the truth of the alligorical story.
when i was raised to master mason.. the mster of the lodge at the time came up to me and said.." all of what u have leared, is and alligorical story of the truth. its up to u wether or not u want to be a true mason and understand the real history behind what we call life."
the secret is more than u can imagine.
bro. mike 32*mason and a Templar Knight

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonic kidd
hiram abiff is the alligorial story of the death of the last egyptian king...

The allegorical story of Hiram Abiff is the allegorical story of......Hiram Abiff. Sometimes it is just a banana.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

The allegorical story of Hiram Abiff is the allegorical story of......Hiram Abiff. Sometimes it is just a banana.

Agreed. The whole "Hiram Key" nonsense has long been discredited.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Yeah, okay. You arent really presenting anything new. People always come on here and say they are gonna find information to "get us" but they never do. Maybe its because there IS NO MASONIC CONSPIRACY!! The average mason really has no power whatsoever, and despite what people think there aren't even very much people in government who are masons either. I think its because, sadly, freemasonry is getting less and less popular. I foresee it even hardly existing within 100 years or so. Unless more young people start joining. I'm young and I don't try to recruit anyone or anything but I've told my friends about it and most young people could care less about freemasonry!

I will say though I bet if masons really did rule the world the world would be a much better place!

But you go right ahead and keep "exposing" us. Even though the average person really could care less about the masons, the only people focused on us are conspiracy "people" I guess I could call them. The people who live their whole lives in constant paranoia, its really quite sad.

Sorry to say it, but noone cares about you, noone cares about me, there is no one out to get you!

But you go right ahead and keep boosting that ego thinking you are exposing something. lol conspiracy theorists call US egotistical but in my experience conspiracy people are the most stuck up, egotisical people I have ever met. They sit around in their basements with tin foil lined walls and read the net all day and think they have everything figured out!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join