It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor warns Okla. clergy after pastor killing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Prosecutor warns Okla. clergy after pastor killing

news.yahoo.com

ANADARKO, Okla. – Authorities warned pastors in a town where a preacher was brutally killed inside her own church that they should take precautions at their buildings, even as police refused to say exactly what happened.

District Attorney Bret Burns, who described the killing as "horrific," held a closed-door session with about two dozen pastors, along with members of law enforcement. Several pastors who were there said authorities did not discuss any facts of the case.

"We talked about security issues within their churches and their congregations," Burns said. "We asked them to r
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This happened about 30 miles from where I live right now. However, I lived about 3 blocks away from this church when I was in highschool. I know that part of town, I know it's a bad neighborhood, but generally people don't go around offing preachers.

What bothers me about this, though, is the way officials are talking about it, or not talking about it. I realize they have to keep their mouths shut but "multiple sharp force injuries," what is that? That's not a stab wound...I don't have a happy feeling about this one.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I know Oklahoma well, and I am sure word will be getting around about what happened. You need to keep your ear to the ground and report back about the rumors you hear!

Could be: Gangs? Demons? Religious Fanatic? General Psyco? or many other things!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
VAmpires? Aliens? else...?

two lines

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Sharp force injuries? Sounds like an item that has an edge but wasnt sharp enough to penetrate. There was a staff that the maori people used for combat. It was edged, but not sharp. Perhaps they used something like this?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Could have been something like a sword or an axe too.

It's rare for something like that to be hush hush. Must have been really bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Could have been something like a sword or an axe too.

It's rare for something like that to be hush hush. Must have been really bad.

I'd like to know more about this case, please keep us updated if you learn any new information.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I will, but it could be a while before anything gets out about it. =/

:edit:

Found this, a bit more was released. More cryptic language which doesn't leave me with a jolly feeling.

newsok.com...

Some quotes

ANADARKO — Investigators found the body of the Rev. Carol Daniels in what appeared to be a staged position, The Oklahoman learned Wednesday from a source close to the investigation.

A source who visited the crime scene described it as "bone-chilling" and "spooky," noting that the killing happened between 10 a.m. and noon Sunday a half block from the Anadarko Police Department.

"Right now we're not releasing any details of the crime scene to protect the integrity of the investigation," Burns added. "We don't want to create hysteria and panic in our community, but at the same time I want the public to be observant and cautious. The public's safety is our highest priority.

I'm guessing this is very satanic, almost something like a ritual. This is bad...

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Definitely bad...

It's really unusual for the details to not be released. Some accounts I read were that the media is agreeing with investigators not to release the details. Must be pretty bad when even the "if it bleeds it leads" media won't print it.

I don't think I want to know. I do want whomever it is to be captured before he (or they) do it to someone else. It may have been a group thing, afterall.

That poor woman was probably tortured very badly.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Definitely bad...

It's really unusual for the details to not be released. Some accounts I read were that the media is agreeing with investigators not to release the details. Must be pretty bad when even the "if it bleeds it leads" media won't print it.

I don't think I want to know. I do want whomever it is to be captured before he (or they) do it to someone else. It may have been a group thing, afterall.

That is what I am afraid of.

I was born in Oklahoma and spent some time there a few yers ago as well, so this story is close to home to me. I still have plenty of family there.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Definitely bad...

That is what I am afraid of.

I was born in Oklahoma and spent some time there a few yers ago as well, so this story is close to home to me. I still have plenty of family there.

"Several ministers who attended the meeting said they were afraid to speak publicly." newsok.com...

The ministers were so disturbed by the details that they are too scared to talk about it.

This is total evil.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's my understanding that her throat was slit almost to the point she was decapitated and then was stabbed numerous times about her body in a manner that the investigators (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation?) believe indicated that the killer knew her and was extremely enraged before staging her body. It has to be pretty bad if even the media won't share the details, unfortunately I am now intrigued by the case and the hush hush intrigues me even more.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
It's my understanding that her throat was slit almost to the point she was decapitated and then was stabbed numerous times about her body in a manner that the investigators (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation?) believe indicated that the killer knew her and was extremely enraged before staging her body. It has to be pretty bad if even the media won't share the details, unfortunately I am now intrigued by the case and the hush hush intrigues me even more.

Well, the killer might have just been killing her because she was a pastor and not because he/they knew her.

People must be really scared around there.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

"multiple sharp force injuries," what is that?

smells of Sylar!

-

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

"multiple sharp force injuries," what is that?

smells of Sylar!

-

Huh?

Who/what is sylar?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sharp force trauma is when a victim is attacked by a sharp object that leaves wounds that are either as deep as they are long, such as wounds caused by an axe or other chopping impliment.

I, also, live in Oklahoma (Tulsa to be exact) and this concerns me greatly. It does have overtones of some ritual killing from what little I've been able to gleen. The staging is a bit more than most people will do when the murder is a crime of passion. It's more like what a serial killer would do.

In addition, when the story was first reported here the opening line was "Another pastor in Oklahoma was murdered this weekend". I've so far not been able to find another pastor who was murdered in the state recently. This slip leads me to believe that we are looking at a possible multiple homocide or serial killing.

[edit to add info]

One of our local television news affiliates said, yesterday that the body was "placed in such a way as to mimic a crucifiction". They did retract this today, but was this a case of someone releasing more than they were suppose to?

[edit on 28-8-2009 by soontide]

[edit on 28-8-2009 by soontide]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It does have overtones of some ritual killing from what little I've been able to gleen.

Agreed, that's what I am leaning towards as well. That would also explain the staging of her body.

I really hope they catch the sick bastard(s) that did this because all indications lead me to bet they are going to do it again unless they are caught first. All the lady wanted to do was to be there for needy people.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It's my understanding she was a Pentecostal Pastor. I'm pretty sure your not suppose to be a pastor of your female in the Pentecostal faith. It's possible this could have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum
It's my understanding she was a Pentecostal Pastor. I'm pretty sure your not suppose to be a pastor of your female in the Pentecostal faith. It's possible this could have something to do with it.

This is not true of all pentacostals. Someone I know attends a pentacostal church that has many women pastors. They are highly respected. It all depends on how liberal the church is.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Thanks for clearing that up for me. My wife attended a Pentecostal church for a few years when she was younger. She told me women couldn't be pastors but like you said I guess could depend on the church.

Although if someone believed in the old Pentecostal faith they may not like a woman preaching their faith. It's still a possible motive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join