It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Commands You To Kill Gays

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would use a further note from Matthew 5:38-40, About Retaliation

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, [1] let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Clearly Jesus overturned the notion of killing your enemies or those who sin in this passage. If a person would call themselves a Christian and not understand this teaching then they are clearly not true Christians and that is abundantly clear.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When Jesus came He brought with Him a new covenant (contract) between man and God.

The new contract is within the new testament of the Holy bible.

Christians are to live according to the new contract and not that from the Old testament.

If you will take time to cross reference the laws in the old and new testaments you will see many of the laws were changed or not carried over to the new testament.

As a side note: Baptist are strange creatures.

I almost forgot....Hate the sin but love the sinner. We all fall short of the glory of God.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So we should kill people he tells us to kill.

Why?

Because they don't think like him.

He's not a pastor. He's a cult leader.

And if the his followers aren't smart enough to see this man for the rat he really is.....they aren't much smarter then him.

So after we go kill all these gay people (will he provide us names and address?), is he going to help us with our legal defense?

What do you think?

If anybody needs to die....Let me hold my tongue.

But that's a pretty lunatic opinion; I don't agree with you so all my followers must kill you.

Will he commit the first murder so he can lead by example?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nowhere in the Bible does it tell you to kill homosexuals. If somebody says "God says this" or "The Bible says this", don't just accept that it's true because there ARE false teachers out there. Look it up yourself and see what God's Word says, and God's Word doesn't tell us to kill anyone.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just can't help but wonder, after we go out and kill all of those gay people, will he be happy then?.. Or is that just the first step? Wjo will he say God wants us to kill after that, Black people?.. Jews?.. People with Brown eyes?..

Where do crazy people like this stop?..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Ridiculed, scorned...yes

I hope your not serious? If so why exactly do you feel that way?

This is exactly why the homosexual suicide rate is so high, imagine if it was your own son or daughter you were ridiculeing and scorning. How would that make them feel about themselves. Not too good I guess.

Time to grow up kiddies, this isn't high school anymore.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This guy is obviously not the brightest bulb in the box. No argument on that. Killing another human is both immoral and illegal in any circumstance save self-defense. As it should be.

However, it stretches the credibility when one reports such a horrendous statement and then applies it to all Christians:

The other day there was a thread on ATS about some horrific acts perpetrated by Iraqis against homosexuals. I posted saying "Christians... take heed, this is what your hate speech leads to" And everyone thought I was being extreme.

Sure you didn't specifically say "All Christians are like this guy", but you certainly seemed to insinuate it. And yet, what if I were to post the following:

The other day there was a thread on ATS about some horrific acts perpetrated by gays against Christians. I posted saying "gays... take heed, this is what your lifestyle leads to" And everyone thought I was being extreme.

?

That would make me an immediate bigot.

Think about it.

Deny this man's ignorance, as I do. God commands His followers to kill no one. But do not fall into the trap of pre-judging someone based on the actions of the most flamboyant you can find.

You might not like the reverse application of that.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
The thing is that the teachings of Jesus Christ overturn a lot of the superstitious nonsense in the old testament so I can not understand why some who call themselves Christian do not notice this contradiction. Jesus taught in Luke 6:27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.

Does that not simply overturn any old testament nonsense about hating or stoning anyone to death or killing anyone? People profess to be Christian but do not follow the teachings of Christ. They are not Christian and certainly do not represent the rest of the Christian community with their ignorance and hate speech.

edited spelling errors:

[edit on 26-8-2009 by wayouttheredude]

so...where are all the good christians publicly protesting this preacher with signs and boycotting in front of his church??? yeah thought so... i guess that's only reserved for healthcare rallys and teabaggers. this guy is no preacher and should be thrown out of that church for inciting murder. what a piece of sewer crap this guy is.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It is just down right frightening - that humans continue with these man-made fears.

There may very well be a universe Creator - - but religion is man's twisted interpretation fueled by fear from wrath of unknown - - of something greater then himself.

Attraction to same sex is a natural birth right.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

No kidding. Some "Christians" seem to back up their crazy claims of revenge and hate with quotes from the old testament. But when you tell them, in contrast, about how Jesus said to love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek, you hear crickets.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I too follow what some of our ordained clergy promote and can be downright appalled at some of the messages that are put forth on a regular basis.

I ran across this article today about a church that is promoting the children of its flock to wear t-shirts to school that have "Islam is of the devil" boldly printed on the back. And of course, the pastor is flummoxed because the school insists that the kids can't wear the shirts to class.

But this statement is what sums things up for me quite nicely:

Jones said that, to him, spreading the church's message was "even more important than education itself."

The full article is here:

www.gainesville.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

Well obviously that was not an educated opinion. You are the proof of what the problem is with the world these days. Un-informed and arrogant Christians who think they "know" the truth, when really you know nothing at all.

I suggest looking up the word tact and reading up on AIDS for accurate information.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
Nowhere in the Bible does it tell you to kill homosexuals. If somebody says "God says this" or "The Bible says this", don't just accept that it's true because there ARE false teachers out there. Look it up yourself and see what God's Word says, and God's Word doesn't tell us to kill anyone.

Well, the thing is the God of the Old Testament had no qualms ordering his chosen people to butcher every human being and even the stock of the tribes (which by the way doesn't make much sense) that used to live where he led his chosen people to invade. Indeed he was mighty
when they disobeyed him. Of course, the God of the New Testament is quite different. When the Pharisees brought a women accused of adultary, a crime punishable by death by stoning according to the Law of Moses, to Jesus and asked him what to do to her, he just said: "He who is without sin, throw the first stone!". And they all quietly dispersed. That should be something all true Christians should remember.

Where did Christianity go wrong? I blame Constantine the Great. He was that Roman Emperor who made Christianity a state religion. Didn't take long till the until then heavily persecuted Christians, became persecutors themselves and started to root out all other religions.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree that his statement was full of ignorance and the usual evangalistic dribble.

Edited for mistaking tothetenthpower for another poster.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
His argument seems to be homosexuals are recruiters and are looking to molest our children..

I wonder what all the women rape victims have to say abou that? How about msnbc investigates... How many were looking to take advantage of teh 13 year old girl they though they were meeting?

All straight men...
My point is there are molestors and sick people on both sides of the fence...you kill homos..why stop there? kill anyone who has sex with a minor...

You rape...no matter your sexuality...you deserve to burn...better yet...get sent to prison and see what those inmates have to say about it...they dont like molestors or rapists much..

but if you wacked some guy...your cool...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I was not attempting to paint all Christians in that light. Simply the ones who resort to this kind of arrogance to get their message of "peace" and "love" to the masses.

Obviously everybody is what's wrong with the world today, myself included for sitting around and talking about it on a forum instead of standing up for what I believe in.

I'm not demonizing any sect of society, exept for these fringe extremist groups.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You are right. I mistook you for the member who posted about christians being the new taliban.

Will edit my previous post.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

No problem friend, errors happen

this is a 2nd..

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I was not attempting to paint all Christians in that light. Simply the ones who resort to this kind of arrogance to get their message of "peace" and "love" to the masses.

Any person who claims to be a Christian and advocates murder seriously needs to ask themselves whether they're truly saved. True Christianity (and thus true Christians) don't advocate murder.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

I agree with you completely. I know some very awesome true Christians who really do carry the word of God, and of peace and love.

These people choose to label themselves as Christians however and until the "true" christians oust them from their covenant, unfortunetly they will ruin it for the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join