It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Commands You To Kill Gays

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
like this is news, come on. isn\'t this why, gay people are atheists?
hate the bible? evolutionists? devolutionists? do not accept the slightest possibilty of a supreme creator God. that he is a he. not a he she? well? what is news about this really? same ol same ol. another long drawn out
thread of useless arguement.
the most that gets accomplished imo is a lot of hurt feelings. especially from the arrogant hollier than thou attitudes of people who\'s only lesson
thier God asked them to teach was love.\" that ye love one another as i have loved you\". never, anywhere, anytime, anyplace, did he ask his followers, children, sheeple , people, what have you? to ever judge, prosecute, or convict,punish, kill anybody for anything concerning thier lifestyle. in fact the strongest words to be found in the bible, of these matters are totaly against any such actions, even attitudes.

\"let he who has not sinned cast the first stone\"

well that leaves no one! so how many should we have throwing stones.

i bet there isn't a fat enough zero to mark it with. if you associate ZERO
with anything from now on, let it be that. and then there's.

"judge not lest ye be judged"

these are two examples of the traps believers can fall into.
statements of conviction. conviction avoided by what? what? what?
by doing what he asked. he asked us to love one another. simple.
so don't buy in to this crap. GOD HAS MADE NO SUCH COMMAND.why
would he? when there is no one, to carry out such a demand.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
From the words of EVERY christian on this thread you believe that ANY nation that wages wars IS OF SATAN!!!!

Jesus would NEVER wage a war or take a life. What are you doing to stand for what jesus said and prevent wars between countrys? When are you going to $%^&ing grow up?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The person who mentioned does the preacher man keep his menstruating women in the barn has it right. Jesus makes this same point to the pharisees in regards to them not killing disobedient children as the OT says too. And Jesus wasn't saying to go kill the children either.

Because these people do not keep all those sayings, it points out a fact that they are only using God as an excuse to promote their own biases and hatred. Because if they really cared about what they call "God's law", then they would be keeping each and every one of those things listed. Instead, they pick and choose whichever ones they want and use God for an excuse.

Pointing out those things such as the barn is the proper way of dealing with these idiots. It's what Jesus did, and it exposes that it's just their own biases and hatred they really care about, and really has nothing to do with God.

Matthew 15

1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

So here you can see Jesus using that same hyperbole even back then to point out the hypocrisy.

He even goes further and calls it the blind leading the blind.

Preachers like that guy are just modern day Pharisees.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I don't know any gay Atheists.

Quite the contrary actually.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
God is not only a God of love but also is a God of hate.

The God of hate has a name in your religion, it's Satan. If Jesus was still in his tomb he'd be spinning like a dynamo at how some of his followers have totally bastardized his teachings. Hate is the way of the Dark Side, Luke!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Preachers like that guy are just modern day Pharisees.
and niether one do anything, towards the main goal.
main goal ? to bring people to Christ. the only way. FOR ALL.
ALL. ALL. ALL.

I don't see how anyone can get the idea that God needs a hit man.
a hit man, who should be on the hit list himself? no sense.
i mean do Sodom and Gomarah exist anymore? i'm confident
that God operates with a "want something done ? gotta do it yourself"
attitude.
deviljin

Sorry for ranting.
fairly well ranted i would say.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
For some reason all i saw was "God commands you to kill Grays" as in gray alien's ?

Anyone else notice that hahahaha

yes i thought that first thing hah..
I guess that's what you expec t to see first on ATS.

it's kind of like what District 9 propaganda is riling us up for... segregation.. hate aliens.. media and leaders scream itr...so that the RESPONSE to that type of thinking is EMBRACE of aliens..

psychological preperation for this type of doublespeak is observant in the OP's story.. cause a ruckus cause a RADICAL stir.. and pity will pour from people whom otherwise hadn't felt open towards the victimized demographic.

Social Engineering 101

-
-

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think most people are just assimilated into a God belief - parents/country/origin/culture.

Few - completely step away/out of it - - - start with a clean slate and ask; "Do I really believe this?"

I was "raised" - - NO - that is not quite right. I "grew up" in a white middle class Christian neighborhood. Everyone was Christian. Everyone went to one of the neighborhood Christian churches.

Then I grew up. I am one who did step aside - - and engaged my brain from a clean slate.

The Christian religion is literally built on nothing - hearsay. The same exact story had been told over and over for thousands of years - in several parts of the globe - before the time of Christ. Do you know how many Christians sects there are in this country alone? Seriously - its a "pick and choose" religion.

I've talked to several very religious people who set out to prove the existence of Christ. ALL of them came to the same conclusion - - and left the church.
--------------------------------------

Man's fears are Man's fears - - period. Fearing God's wrath - - is a man made fear.

Anyone who preaches hate as this preacher is doing - - is living in Fear.

What is he really afraid of?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Wow, so a pastor from Tempe Arizona is actually advocating for the execution of homosexuals.

The other day there was a thread on ATS about some horrific acts perpetrated by Iraqis against homosexuals. I posted saying "Christians... take heed, this is what your hate speech leads to" And everyone thought I was being extreme.

Well here ya go...

www.rightwingwatch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

First, I think you were extreme because you were asking Christians to take heed for one nut-job who misinterpreted the Bible. The Bible has male-chauvisnistic views that are disregarded, but we ignore them because you have to apply things within the generation you are in. The anti-homosexual phrase spoken by so-called Christians who don't adhere to the Bible fully and only bring it up when it applicable but it is not, because this is NOT a Christian nation. If this was a Christian nation, then yes.

Sidenote- the Koran also speaks out against homosexuals so connecting Iraqis, if they are not Christians, to Christian's view of homosexuality is wrong.

Second, I find it more amazing how people just say "God" instead of the Christian god because by saying "God" it is as if we all are acknowledging the Christian god as the only god, despite there being thousands of gods worshiped in this country. This is not a Christian nation trying to defend itself against the rise of atheism. This is a secular nation full of different religions and views and saying "God" does not acknowledge that difference.

And what does it matter if the Christian god is against homosexual? It is just a religion. If you don't adhere to Christians views, then they don't apply to you. If some ancient god told its followers to collect gay people and toss'em in a volcano - would anyone try to do that nowadays? No, not the average person. Even if you are a gay Christian, who do you have to prove yourself to - the world or your god?

I think it is just homophobic idiots who use the Bible as a justification for their fear of gays, which in turn, if that should be applied, then all the other crazy things in the Bible should be applied, since it is a nut-job advocating against a person's natural right to be whatever the hell they want to be.

Who gives a crap if someone is gay? How does that effect YOU? As a black person, I honestly dislike any black person that speaks out against gay people. I am not gay but I am an individualist and a person who believes in civil rights. And for a black person to speak out against gays in a country where at a time black people were not even considered human, but sub-human is just asinine. It pisses me off. This is the same country that treated your ancestors like bull[bleep] and your [bleep] is against a gay person who has within their own right to be gay? Get real.

"But the Bible says..." I so hate this premise because people only bring it up when they want to point the finger at someone else and not at themselves. This is why religion should be personal and not organized because it gets bloated with hypocrites and conformists. The same people who if you quote a passage of the Bible that says something THEY should not be doing, they will turn with a deaf ear.

Sorry for ranting.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I see...

So what ever happened to "Thou shalt not kill."

Seem to remember that being one of the ten commandments.

to right wing Christian nutjobs using religion to mask their prejudice and hate.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
edit: double post

damn netbook...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
The person who mentioned does the preacher man keep his menstruating women in the barn has it right. Jesus makes this same point to the pharisees in regards to them not killing disobedient children as the OT says too. And Jesus wasn't saying to go kill the children either.

My favorite quote was when he was caught working the sabbath and accused of breaking the law and he said "Which one of you wouldn't pull their ass out of a well if it fell in on the sabbath?"

I love Jesus... it's his followers which bring me down sometimes.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

[edit on 8/26/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

[edit on 8/26/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

And those verses were a warning to those who wrongly BELIEVE they are Christians like the preacher in the op. If we check back on this preacher in a few months or years you will more than likely find his ministry has failed and he will either change or leave Christianity. His work will not be rewarded. The Old testamant is the foundation for the new testament,Christians imo should try to emulate the life of Christ Jesus and his commision to Peter was to feed the sheep.

[edit on 8/26/09 by nickoli]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
S&F

The attitudes of Right wing wack jobs needs to be exposed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't forget the left wing wack jobs too. The "diversity officer" at the FCC wants to regulate the Internet.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Know what I love about the bible? All the ridiculous, incessant contradictions that make me think the thing was written by jekyll and hyde.

-Kill the gays!
- but let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Now what in the hell do you do with that?

But, to be honest, not all christians are that way - just the ones who've gone off the deep end. It's the individual in the end that doesn't have the sense that, maybe, god gave him.

Me - I'd look to the vatican for this - they hate homosexuals but love pedophiles. sick and twisted is what they know.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Know what I love about the bible? All the ridiculous, incessant contradictions that make me think the thing was written by jekyll and hyde.

Well you know it was cobbled together out of earlier religious stories and views, especially those of the Sumerian ilk. El (aka Elohim, aka Ellil) was an amalgamation of Enlil and Enki. It helps explain the contradictory behavior of the one diety of Judeo/christian belief who created a flood to destroy humanity but then undermines his plan by warning Noah (in the original Sumerian, Enlil sent the flood and Enki warned Noah).

I see stories like this and can only think "Another representative of the American Taliban makes the news". Seriously, how is this preacher any different from the Taliban in Afghanistan and their atrocious attitude to human dignity?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd never kill someone for having a different sexual orientation than me, but I'm all for killing priests.

You know what I love about the bible? Its pages start my trash fires pretty reliably. Propaganda seems to have some pretty decent fire starting properties.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by The_Zomar]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
hate the bible? evolutionists? devolutionists? do not accept the slightest possibilty of a supreme creator God. that he is a he. not a he she? well? what is news about this really? same ol same ol. another long drawn out
thread of useless arguement.
the most that gets accomplished imo is a lot of hurt feelings. especially from the arrogant hollier than thou attitudes of people who\'s only lesson
thier God asked them to teach was love.\" that ye love one another as i have loved you\". never, anywhere, anytime, anyplace, did he ask his followers, children, sheeple , people, what have you? to ever judge, prosecute, or convict,punish, kill anybody for anything concerning thier lifestyle. in fact the strongest words to be found in the bible, of these matters are totaly against any such actions, even attitudes.

\"let he who has not sinned cast the first stone\"

well that leaves no one! so how many should we have throwing stones.

i bet there isn't a fat enough zero to mark it with. if you associate ZERO
with anything from now on, let it be that. and then there's.

"judge not lest ye be judged"

these are two examples of the traps believers can fall into.
statements of conviction. conviction avoided by what? what? what?
by doing what he asked. he asked us to love one another. simple.
so don't buy in to this crap. GOD HAS MADE NO SUCH COMMAND.why
would he? when there is no one, to carry out such a demand.

Actually, context, the "judge not" command is more interesting. Read the whole chapter. We are not to judge people on a personal basis (the context is obviously not talking about criminal court cases), but we are commanded to be "fruit inspectors". Verses 20-23 are extremely interesting and more condemning than "Judge not"!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
“The biggest hypocrite” he says. For murderers, rapists, and now human beings who chose to lead their own lifestyle and consent with other adults. Perhaps only if you believe in the scripture – which I don’t. And for good reason. God, Yahweh, Allah, whoever, can go ahead and command the murder of hundreds of thousands of “infidels” – women, children, you name it – and this is moral teaching? For anyone thinking “yes” I strongly encourage you to listen to Christopher Hitchens on YOUTUBE. Religion and this sort of dogma get dismantled. The other side of the argument comes from Jesus meek & mild who comes along and says things like “love thy enemy.” And “He who is without sin cast the first stone”, rendering the Alpha & Omega’s infinite Word and commandment virtually useless. Some god, eh?

As for this is the sort of scumbag – and there are many, many more out there like him- we need to make sure they stay out of our State offices. I actually wrote a letter to Mark Dice in which I explain how we who resent the New World Order also resent as similar order based on religious legislation. No freedom-loving person can condone any of the sick twisted crap they do over in the Middle East…probably the only good thing to come out of this War. If you’d like to read my essay go to: redwolfsrevolution.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join