It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what age was your first psychic experience?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGloom
I always knew when someone in my family dies, and the one side of my family always gets a "sign" that someone is about to die. Almost every member of the family sees the last person that died before another family member dies.

There is a paranormal term for that, a death fetch.
I had one visit me when I was 5. In a dream I witnessed a lot of people having a christmas like party, no children, just all adults drinking and talking. Then the lights went out and a fade to black like effect happened in the dream. Then a loud crash, I felt my body wiggle like jello for a lack of a better term. I awoke the next morning to hear my mother crying, my uncle (her brother) had died in an auto accident on his way home from a christmas eve party.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i dont know seeing i dont know exactly what i can do yet

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I would have to say at age 10. I dont normally dream but when i do its a Deja Vu Dream. Then a few months after my dream i have this little flash back and then it happens just like i see it. Its kinda hard to explain im sure some people know what im talking about. Also once i hit my head in a dream and woke up with a big sore on my head which hurt for days. Can someone tell me how can i channel these Deja Vu Dreams and how can i dream more often. normally i have blank sleep.??? anyone?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Keep a dream diary. A notepad and pen next to your bed, then as soon as you wake up, grab the pen and start writing....just write the date then write "I was dreaming" and if you remember anything at all, write it down, doesnt matter what, even if its just one word or one thing, and do it everytime you wake up.If you don't remember anything, just start to write that you don't remember. After a few weeks, you will start to get dream flashes(sometimes sooner)
Eventually you will start remembering your dreams, and after a while, you will remember dreams you never knew you had that will come back into your memory.
I can remember some dreams I had when I was around 5 or 6 now.

Also get into meditation, this will help with the deja vu thing, thats how I first experienced esp, with deja vu.
In my 20's I got into meditation, just by looking at a candle flame, and man...opened up a whole new realm for me.

hope that helps

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tisumi
i dont know seeing i dont know exactly what i can do yet

hi! why the
??

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Also i have dreams that i remember, i dont know from when but they are realistic they flash every once in a while in the middle of the day. any meaning? i only have like 1 or 2 of these a year then they come true and i forget them.??

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I first experineced deja vu when I was 9 or so but it could have been sooner than that. I think I had my first paranormal experince at 17, I saw a ghost in my best friends home. I also think I have been hearing voices since I was young, it happens when I am falling asleep. The best that I can describe this is like standing in a small room full with people but you cant see them because the room is pitch black, but you know they are there by feeling an uneasy warmth from their proximity (I always think of it as hot breath) and they are all talking at once. And ever so often you can single a voice out, like intruding on a conversation between two of them. Sometimes I will hear one of these people call out my name. It's pretty freaky sometimes, I even wake up when I hear my name being shouted.

-Gala

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cja252
Also i have dreams that i remember, i dont know from when but they are realistic they flash every once in a while in the middle of the day. any meaning?

Dunno about the meaning, but thats how my dream flashes come around, just out of the blue sometimes. I will be doing something and all of a sudden I remember a dream I had.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gala-Kemen
Sometimes I will hear one of these people call out my name. It's pretty freaky sometimes, I even wake up when I hear my name being shouted.

-Gala

LOL I have had that happen too! Will wake me out of a dead sleep and I have to get up and run into the living room cause I think someone is here, but no one ever is. I figured after a while its probibly a guide. Its always the same voice.

One time my dad was supposed to come over and help me woth my car, and I overslept, and about 5 minutes before he got here I was sleeping and Heard a voice Yelling Dan!! Dan!!! Get up Dan!!" Freaked me right out. Shot out of bed and into the livingroom thinking somoene had walked into my house. No one was there and my dad showed up a few minutes later...lololol Freaky for sure.

Here's a really freaky one too. I was sitting at my computer playing a game one night, and I just finished it, was a game called Raptor, and I turned my computer off, and my police scanner suddenly went all screwy and a voice came out of it saying "I am Raptor!" And then started laughing. That was way way way spooky.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not sure when my first experience was. but the first one that i can remember was...

about 14 years old. I dreamt about my grandparents. They practicly lived in a trailer park 9 months of the year for over a decade. my grandmother came walking out the trailer to go to the bathroom. a shed outside the trailer. a route she had walked a thousand times. but this time she walked over the stone path and slipped, fell and died. same occured when my grandfather died, my mother had an accident, my sister had an accident.

I woke up and at the same time heard my parents click the horn back on the phone. Heard some mumbling that i couldn't understand and then they came in my room. "i just got off the phone. we have to go. your grandmother died." I looked up still mildly drowzy and said "i know".

next day my parents came back home. and told me how my grandmother died according to eyewitnesses from a camper nearby. it was excactely how it happened in my dream.

before that i had several deja-vu moments, but disregarded them as such. now i'm capable of remembering every dream i have, i know when i'm dreaming and at times can take control over it. I remember falling of a cliff and mid air took control off my dream to float safely to the ground.

I seem to have talent for several aspects of paranormal behaviour. but it's an instinctive reaction most of the time. trying to gain "control" over it and hone it.

as for waking up. i always wake up the time that i need to wake up. i dont even set an alarm anymore. but i think this is because of years waking up at same time so it has become an automatism now.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
as for waking up. i always wake up the time that i need to wake up. i dont even set an alarm anymore. but i think this is because of years waking up at same time so it has become an automatism now.

Yeah, I read a long time ago in Omni magazine how to do that, you can actually set your mental alarm clock to get up at the right time, I used to be able to do that.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, every kind of psychic phenomenon that i have experienced began with one experience that I had when I was about 2 or 3 years old.

It was mostly a self realization experience. I was playing in my parents room when I saw my own reflection in their bedroom mirror. Something made me stop playing and i got closer to look at my reflection. I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror and i said aloud that was not me, I said this a couple times. I was not scared.

My guess is that at that age I still remembered about at least one of my past lives, or how i used to look in a past life and that's why i couldn't recognize myself.

I kept looking at the mirror and saw the image change, but i cannot remember what it changed to. From that day on i could see the etheric very clearly, which I can still control and see when i want, and at times i could see the aura, but I could not control seeing the aura and I didn't see it frequently. As an adult I have very seldom seen the aura.

I have had many different psychic experiences since that day.

Most of the times when my dreams are not visions and when i remember them, I see myself in different lives, just regular lives, nothing too special, but i remember myself in different bodies all of them male.

Like living in the mid west of the US with a little brother and our mother, in a small town and seeing throughout the night the experiences of those past lives. I think they are past lives, but I am not certain, they could be something else.

I can normally differentiate a dream/vision from a dream of a past life because in the past lives i don't see anything modern, cars are old and most of the towns I have seen while in these past lives are small.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone who has so far posted thier experiences!

These are great to read!

Keep postin!!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
yeah this is very amazing on how many people have had them. but then again im new to this site.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok when I was about 5, I had my gigantic set of Army men all set up in battle array fighting off a big buglike monster.... My mother had told me to put them away, but I told her I was going to finish the play the next morning.

WELL...

My bed faced the window and to look at the window I had to look over my army guys.... I had always been kinda spooked by the shadows on that window...there was a thron bush right under the window.

SO....

Suddenly a white face that filled the window with greenish edges to the facial features (it looked almost like a drawing) popped up and it spoke saying: "So... you're not putting away your toys? I guess you don't want them" Poof I saw my army just vanish, as did the face....I ,of course, was in a fetal position quivering by this point. I fell asleep quickly... how? who knows? I woke up thinking I had a major nightmare.... but sure enough my toys were gone.... I asked my mom and she said she never touched them nor did my day.... I went outside later and checked out the thornbush under my window. Ok, I know it sound dumb, but it's true and I was 5 so give me a break!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That I remember? Two.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Originally posted by Enyalius

Yeah, I read a long time ago in Omni magazine how to do that, you can actually set your mental alarm clock to get up at the right time, I used to be able to do that.

I seem to be able to do this every morning now.
Reading your own old stuff can be a serious mental trip!

I still really want to hear about peoples first psychic experiences!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
never had one OP but i respect and trust everybody's stories

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by originalbigfoot

Yeah, a lot of people never get to experience it, it seems.
But at least they can read about those who have.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join