It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Critic a Racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have been called a racist so much in the past year I was beginning to wonder if I really was one, haha.

When ever I bring up the fact that he is faltering from his promises I am INSTANTLY labeled a racist by everyone in the room. I am opened minded enough that I dont even see him as a black man, he is a man, PERIOD.

It is always the BLIND Supporters who yank the Race card at any and all chances they get, even if NO ONE ELSE in the conversation said a thing about it.

"you dont like his foreign policy? you are RACIST!!!!!"

I am SO glad that they are so Damn focused on what Really matters.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
I have been called a racist so much in the past year I was beginning to wonder if I really was one, haha.

When ever I bring up the fact that he is faltering from his promises I am INSTANTLY labeled a racist by everyone in the room. I am opened minded enough that I dont even see him as a black man, he is a man, PERIOD.

It is always the BLIND Supporters who yank the Race card at any and all chances they get, even if NO ONE ELSE in the conversation said a thing about it.

"you dont like his foreign policy? you are RACIST!!!!!"

I am SO glad that they are so Damn focused on what Really matters.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by drsmooth23]

Well that is funny...

Might be where you live?

I have yet to even discuss or argue anything regarding race in my "life", since Obama has come in or for years actually. We get very heated a the pub with Obama and all the other stuff, but not race.

So to reiterate

I am saying every critic is NOT racist -

So what is the debate here???

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have seen plenty of posts on Youtube calling people racists for not agreeing with Obama. As a matter of fact I was surprised to even see it on a CHRISTIAN forum. So apparently some black CHRISTIAN out there voted for a man that made it possible for tax payers to pay for ABORTION on demand. Or here's a better one a black CHRISTIAN whom voted for a man that gave tax payers money away to pay for ABORTIONS in Africa .... Oh boy if voting against Your God for a black president isn't racist then what is?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

mm, the debate is right in front of you. When the OP stated that critics of the Obama administration are called racist, then you see the posts where some stated that the critics ARE racist. Where the critics ARE ignorant.

start of my rant. . . .
I would like to see ONE thread started that had, as an issue, an Obama lie, or cap and trade, or healthcare, or environmental concerns where the race card wasn't thrown in our faces.

It is a knee-jerk reaction that the liberals have.

Losing an arguement? RACE CARD!
Critical of Obama? RACE CARD!
If you're pro capitalism, racist.
If you're pro gun, racist.
Anti abortion? Racist.
Tea Party? Racist.
Watch Fox? Racist.
Voted for someone other than Obama? Racist.

rasist, racist, racist, racist. . . . . . aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!

When an issue comes up, STAY with the facts. You may win your point, you may lose. You may even learn something.

But keep the race card to yourself!

-mm, this is just a general rant, not directed at you-

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
While every critic may or may not be a racist, every racist is a critic.
Just saying...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Too true.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Have you ever read the blog the article in Pravda came from? I don't agree with everything he says but he has a different world view that can really make you think about things. I check the blog every once in a while, you should check it out.

mat-rodina.blogspot.com...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by mental modulator

mm, the debate is right in front of you. When the OP stated that critics of the Obama administration are called racist, then you see the posts where some stated that the critics ARE racist. Where the critics ARE ignorant.

start of my rant. . . .
I would like to see ONE thread started that had, as an issue, an Obama lie, or cap and trade, or healthcare, or environmental concerns where the race card wasn't thrown in our faces.

It is a knee-jerk reaction that the liberals have.

Losing an arguement? RACE CARD!
Critical of Obama? RACE CARD!
If you're pro capitalism, racist.
If you're pro gun, racist.
Anti abortion? Racist.
Tea Party? Racist.
Watch Fox? Racist.
Voted for someone other than Obama? Racist.

rasist, racist, racist, racist. . . . . . aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!

When an issue comes up, STAY with the facts. You may win your point, you may lose. You may even learn something.

But keep the race card to yourself!

-mm, this is just a general rant, not directed at you-

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

Honestly I don't recognize it, I am not saying it is not the case, but I just haven't seen it
going on here that much. In my real life, I haven't heard it at all, not once and my city is the bastion of all that is wrong with the world, liberal as it comes.

But like I said maybe it is a case where I am missing it, or it is subtle.

I think a lot of the Anti Obama threads are based on the fact that he is a liberal and conservatives want to dispatch him with a wall of rumors, truths, fallacies, manipulations
and bait and switch arguments. But I do not think that is motivated by racism at all.
I think it is a clear case of disagreement and in some cases mass manipulation, but
once again not racism.

SO I say to all the people who do pull the race card, KNOCK IT OFF!

You see I believe my arguments and positions are strong enough to stand alone, I think such an attempt to discredit someone by crying racist is WEAK!

What I do see is tons of POLITICAL BIGOTRY, which I may be the liberal king of here,
but that has to do with ideas and disagreements, not a hate or distrust of race.

I assume it works the same way for Conservatives - I don't think you guys are evil or racist, but I do think your ideas are backwards 15th century notions the pander to the "aristocracy". I do not need some BS to prove my point or make you look bad. I believe in my positions and thats enough ammo for me...

Like I said, I don't hear the liberals I know (most of the people I know) ever bring up race as a reason for Conservative disagreement with the fuhrer, I mean president

This is the truth as I see it on ATS and in my personal life.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just have to say that while it's impossible to tell whether or not an Obama critic is a racist, and I'm sure there are a fair share of them, I have yet to see any racially based criticism. Based on this, it is completely unfair to accuse anyone who criticizes the current administration as a racist based on a critical point of view alone.

Had Hillary won the nomination and the election, I'm sure that these same people would be called sexist for criticizing her. It's just another Ad Hominem argument.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join