It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Critic a Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Every Critic a Racist

blogs.abcnews.com

It was Obama’s supporters who hinted, teased, promised, and prophesied that Obama would help America “transcend race.” But now, it is they who shrink from their own promised land…
From Day 1, Obama’s supporters have tirelessly cultivated the idea that anything inconvenient for the first black president just might be terribly, terribly racist. For instance, actress Janeane Garofalo summed up the tea parties thusly:“This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is very true. meanwhile President Obama has broken EVERY promise he made meanwhile running for President, and even during his first days in office, pointing out these facts, even when we present video interviews of President Obama flip flopping as he has broken every promise he has ever made, his advocates continue to claim that every criticism of the President is "racism in disguise", but of course this is used only to dismiss and ignore the mounting evidence that the President, and the current administration is not only as bad as the ones before it, but it is even worse.

Perhaps the advocates of President Obama should focus instead on the evidence instead of playing the racist card for convinience.

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Perhaps Obama hasn't met KRS ONE.

He's one racist bastard!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Please undue the criptics. I am old and have no idea what you're texting there Amigo!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I lost a lot of "respect" for some media outlets I used to frequent when the completely bashed the Tea Parties.

I'm a liberal and I supported them 100%. I guess I'm not the right kind of liberal.

On the other hand, there are definitely some racists mo fo's who hated Obama simply because he was black. I had a rather appalling conversation with a friend of a friend who started going off about Obama being black and using the N-word like he was saying the word "and".

He said him and his friends were planning on making shirts that said, "It's called the WHITE House for a reason!", when they were going to go to vote. He then started generalizing every single black person as being a gangsta from da hood. It was making me sick...

So, while it's completely asinine for some to cry "RACISM!' at every criticism of Obama, there are definitely some equally asinine people out there who hate him simply because he's black.

I don't like him because he's a tool...He could be purple for all I flippin care!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Of course disagreeing with Obama is racist!
He is piloting a sinking ship, and no one wants to admit that I don't know maybe he got in over his head!
So how do you pull people attention away from it, cry racism! The stand by when you can't or won't admit you messed up! He was going to change the world!
It's his way or the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

...meanwhile President Obama has broken EVERY promise he made meanwhile running for President...

When you deal only in absolutes, you tend to be absolutely WRONG! According to PolitiFact.com, of the 500 promises that they are tracking, only 7 have actually been broken.

Nice try, but no dice!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What would you expect them to say, "I got suckered into buying the bridge he was selling." OR "You have no idea what you're talking about you racist!" Liberals, in my experience, cannot simply stick to the facts. Everything has to devolve into either pointed ad hominems or complete obfuscation in order to move you away from the topic. Simply addressing the topic would require truth, honesty and logic - all things that would reveal that they were WRONG about the guy! Shouting you down with accusations of racism allows them to hide the fact that they were suckered - or at least that's what they think.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I believe he's talking about KRS One's comments like these:

He says things like:

"They put a black face on the New World Order and now we're all happy. KRS ain't buyin it."

"The country was on the verge of a revolution [with Bush] and they threw a black man up [in front of us]"

KRS is spot on!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We are dealing with reverse racism. It's Obama's supporters screaming racism when it's not. It is true that some are racist but if all detractors of Obama are racist what does that say about the Blacks that are not to happy about the moves he has made. There are not just a few either. Some are downright Pissed about this and rightly so. Are they racist? I know i have heard and listened to some blacks prejudicial arguments that some aren't black enough but that is not what is going on here. It's a blanket attack with no logic involved!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

*sigh* the generalization are really getting to be way too much on BOTH SIDES lately.

I'm a liberal and I know plenty of other liberals who don't support Obama because we see right through him.

The same can be said for some conservatives during the Bush admin.

P.S. To ZindoDoone--There's no such thing as reverse racism.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Liberals, in my experience, cannot simply stick to the facts.

ROTFLMAO! Talk about the old pot calling the new kettle black! I haven't heard an honest, fact based argument from the right in ages. PUHLEEEEEEEEEESE!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is a little spoken and little thought of reality regarding racism. If you are accusing someone of being a racist…well it really does take one to know one.

You see to be offended by a racist comment; you must first identify yourself with a race or group and see your plight in life tied to that race or group. That of course makes you a racist because well you identify and seek validation based on that race or group. That of course is about as racist as you can get.

Except of course when you blow a gasket because you think someone is now knowingly solely motivated to treat you accordingly in a perceived specific way based on the group you voluntarily and eagerly identify yourself with. It’s the most racist thing you can do to accuse someone of being racist, but of course you can’t tell the people who accuse others of being racist that!

Political correctness has nothing to do with common sense.

Director seems like a better name than racist if you ask me. Because almost everyone pulling the race card one way or another is in fact like a Hollywood Director. Alright quiet on the set, you are supposed to act this way and you are supposed to act that way, but you, you are not supposed to comment on the fact that they are acting this way, but you, you comment on the fact that they are acting that way.

Racists are all about dictating and telling others how they are supposed to behave, what they are supposed to say and do, most especially those who accuse others of racism, and when you get right down to it, that act is as racist as you can really get.

Racism might just be the scam of all time.

Can’t you just wait for humankind to meet another intelligent life form in the universe, oh boy that ought to be fun!

[edit on 25/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Sure there's reverse racism. It's a call for racism where no racism exists.

And just for the record, generalizations will get you through times of inadequate information.

There's a REASON they're called "generalizations."

Maybe because there's a statistical assurance in the generalization of the moment.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

...meanwhile President Obama has broken EVERY promise he made meanwhile running for President...

When you deal only in absolutes, you tend to be absolutely WRONG! According to PolitiFact.com, of the 500 promises that they are tracking, only 7 have actually been broken.

Nice try, but no dice!

see the list JR. . .
from newsgnome.blogspot.com...

I will have transparency-generals must sign secrecy Oath........Broken
I will cut the deficit in half by doubling spending–say what.......Broken
I will change the Washington culture of corruption.......................Broken
I will reach across the isle (I’m ready to fight Republicans)....Broken
I will have no earmarks in stimulus, there are 9000..................Broken
I will have transparency in White House emails except mine....Broken
I will demand human rights for China and Tibet..............................Broken
I will put legislation on Internet for all to read before votes....Broken
I will have honest advisers, except those who take free rent......Broken

I will have my administration pay their fair share of taxes........Broken
I will eliminate rendition of terrorist combatants..........................Broken
I will have a transparent admin. with the media.............................Breaking
I will bring charges against Bush admin. war crimes.....................Broken
I will have new blood in admin. but names Panetta to CIA..........Broken
I will have a transparent government..................................................Broken
I quite smoking (admits to bumming cigarettes)...........................Broken
I will apply windfall taxes on big oil companies.................................Broken
I will change US Foreign Policy, appoints Hillary Sec. State......Broken
I will change the defense department, YET keeps Gates............Broken
I will close Guantanamo............................................................................Breaking
I will sit down with dictators with no pre-conditions....................Broken
I will stop waterboarding and CIA interrogation techniques......Breaking
I will use federal campaign funds..........................................................Broken
I will get US troops out of Iraq in 16 month....................................Broken
I will change Washington with new faces............................................Broken
I will not hire lobbyists, hires lobbyist Daschle (he's out but here are the others)....Broken
* Melody Barnes, lobbyist for American Civil Liberties Union, the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, the American Constitution Society and the Center for Reproductive Rights.
* William Corr, lobbyist for Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids,
* Patrick Gaspard, lobbyist for Service Employees International Union.
* David Hayes, lobby San Diego Gas & Electric.
* Eric Holder, attorney general nominee, lobbyist for bankrupt Global Crossing telecommications.
* Ron Klain, lobbyist for Asbestos Resolution, U.S. Airways, Airborne Express and drug-maker ImClone.
* William Lynn, lobbyist for Raytheon.
* Cecilia Munoz, lobbyist for National Council of La Raza
* Mark Patterson, lobbyist for Goldman Sachs.
* Mona Sutphen, lobbyist for Angliss International.
* Michael Strautmanis, lobbied for the American Association of Justice.
* Tom Vilsack, lobbyist for NEA.
And these are not all of them. Thanks for pointing out that he has nominated a huge number of lobbyists that he promised not to appoint.
I will be non-partisan. Hires highly partisan Emanuel..................Broken
I will eliminate Bush tax cuts.................................................................Broken
I will dump Patriot Act wire tapping....................................................Breaking
I will eliminate tax breaks for wealthy..................................................Broken

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The reason TPTB ran a "black" man for President was a very precise calculation in instituting the desired changes they have planned.

If ANYONE speaks, writes, or thinks in opposition to TPTB's plans to fundamentally change America, they would use Obama and the race card "to shout down/shame" the opposition. "You don't like Obama's plans because you are all racists" The MSM would drive the point home, every night if need be.

The only problem is BO played the race card "too early" in the game against the officer in the Cambridge Police Department and I believe the American people saw it for what it was . (I can see Zig Brzezinski sliding down in his chair as BO called the Cambridge Police Officer's actions as "stupid".)

It's gonna be pretty hard for BO to carry water for TPTB, when he's already shown the America people his "hole card". (It's a deuce of clubs)

He (we) still have 3 1/2 more years of these crapola to go through and many have caught on to his game in only 6 months.

His goose is already cooked.

The only thing left for the American people to determine is who the actual 'racist" really are.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I guess putting up FACTS makes me a racist as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I'll take my facts from a pulitzer prize winning source over that of some blogger anyday!

Promises broken. 7

Promises kept. 35

Compromises. 11

Stalled. 12

In the works. 79

No action. 372

Is it really too much to ask that people use non-biased sources?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

If you are that sure, then pick one, ANY one and dispute it.

You can't.

Go watch Keith Olbermann, he still talks the way you like.

-sheesh-

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
While i don't think in the slightest that everyone who attacks his policies is racist.It's pretty naive to not think a relatively large vocal group of those against obama are racist and use the attack of his policies as a safeguard or shield to hide it.Course that applies to alot things in life and not just race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join