It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Paranormal Activity-Please Advise

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
8/23/09
Approximately 4:03 AM Eastern Time as I tossed and turned trying to get some sleep, I detected a slight to medium tug on my bed covers. If I had to estimate the tug force it would have been around the ¼ to ½ lb. I was able to move my hands during this time to tighten down my grip on my covers.

The tugging lasted for what I estimate to be around 3-5 seconds until I then heard what can be described as loud whisper directly in my right ear over the roar of my air cleaner that was going just about full blast. I was laid on my side with my left ear on the pillow (I heard nothing in my left ear). Also, I noticed just as the tugging on my bed covers began the tone of the noise of my air filter changed as if new object had entered my room causing a distortion.

Time line: Total time 9-13 seconds

Seconds 3-5: tugging on sheets

Seconds 6-8: Tugging ends followed by a loud whisper in my right ear

I did notice about a 1-3 second time gap between the two actions.

My emotions honestly were of abject terror with a massive adrenalin blast as I prayed to Jesus for protection from “whatever” was causing the disturbance.

Other important details:

The house I have been staying at since 1995 has never had a history of paranormal activity to my knowledge.

I am a 23 year old male with no family history of mental illness.

I have never used drugs or even been drunk before.

The only medication I am on is singular and I have been taking that for the last 2-3 years with no noticeable side effects.

My Myers-Briggs typology test showed me to be and INTJ.

I have never had or want to have an experience like this again.

Possible theories:

en.wikipedia.org...
Exploding head syndrome is a condition that causes the sufferer to occasionally experience a tremendously loud noise as originating from within his or her own head, usually described as the sound of an explosion, roar, waves crashing against rocks, loud voices or screams or a ringing noise.

This noise usually occurs within an hour or two of falling asleep, but is not the result of a dream and can happen while awake as well[citation needed]. Perceived as extremely loud, the sound is usually not accompanied by pain. Attacks appear to change in number over time, with several attacks occurring in a space of days or weeks followed by months of remission. Sufferers often feel a sense of fear and anxiety after an attack, accompanied by elevated heart rate. Attacks are also often accompanied by perceived flashes of light (when perceived on their own, known as a "visual sleep start") or difficulty in breathing. The condition is also known as "auditory sleep starts." It is not thought to be dangerous[citation needed], although it is sometimes distressing to experience.

This would fit my experience except it does not account for the tugging of the covers or the very noticeable time gap in between the activities. I would appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks,

Blue Ridge

[edit on 23-8-2009 by BlueRidge]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRidge

I'd look up "waking dreams."

Or a glass of warm milk before bedtime.

Just my humble opinion. . . .

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Do you have a pet?

What did the whisperer say?

Did you notice any odd smells?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I'd look up "waking dreams."

Or a glass of warm milk before bedtime.

Just my humble opinion. . . .

I'll take that into consideration. I've googled "waking dreams" and basically it said it was another word for nightmare. If that definition is correct ,then that's not what happened. I've very rarely had nightmares, but I was always able to wake up, well this time I was already awake.

1. I was not paralyzed or unable to move.
2. I was fully awake during the entire night.
3. I'm not prone to nightmares or flights of fancy.
4. Honestly, I would have a hard time believing myself if it had not directly experienced "it".

Thanks for your consideration

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Do you have a pet?

What did the whisperer say?

Did you notice any odd smells?

I had a dog that died about 3-4 years ago who stayed outdoors and have not had a pet since then. The door to my room was closed. There are currently no pets in the house and have never been to my knowledge.

The whisper was more like a long drawn exhale breath/whisper as if something was breathing/whispering on my ear very loudly.

I noticed no odd smells.

Keep in mind, I was VERY MUCH awake as this was occurring.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I am a 23 year old male with no family history of mental illness.

I have never used drugs or even been drunk before.

I had a dog that died about 3-4 years ago who stayed outdoors

as I prayed to Jesus for protection from “whatever” was causing the disturbance.

I'm seeing a pattern here...other than that - no idea.

good luck.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Hi BlueRidge.
I'm a paranormal investigator and I'll just throw in my 2 cents, which probably wont mean much and definitely wont give you any real answers. Sometimes paranormal activity can occur just out of the blue, for no apparent reason. If what you experienced truly was something paranormal, it is likely that it will never occur again. If you don't know of anyone that has passed away recently or experienced any trauma lately and have lived there for over 10 years and this is the first time that anything has happened, then I think it will probably be an isolated incident and nothing to worry about. It's hard to say why such things happen, but I don't think you have anything to fear.

I have some questions for you though. What were your emotions BEFORE the incident? You said you were tossing and turning while trying to get some sleep. Were your worried or upset about anything? Were you scared or uneasy at all?

I know what I've said probably hasn't helped much, but if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Right now, I don't think you have anything to worry about, although I know it's a very disturbing experience to feel something and hear something in the middle of the night that isn't supposed to be there.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

Hi BlueRidge.
I'm a paranormal investigator and I'll just throw in my 2 cents, which probably wont mean much and definitely wont give you any real answers. Sometimes paranormal activity can occur just out of the blue, for no apparent reason. If what you experienced truly was something paranormal, it is likely that it will never occur again. If you don't know of anyone that has passed away recently or experienced any trauma lately and have lived there for over 10 years and this is the first time that anything has happened, then I think it will probably be an isolated incident and nothing to worry about. It's hard to say why such things happen, but I don't think you have anything to fear.

I have some questions for you though. What were your emotions BEFORE the incident? You said you were tossing and turning while trying to get some sleep. Were your worried or upset about anything? Were you scared or uneasy at all?

I know what I've said probably hasn't helped much, but if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Right now, I don't think you have anything to worry about, although I know it's a very disturbing experience to feel something and hear something in the middle of the night that isn't supposed to be there.

The reason I could not get to sleep is I couldn't breath well. I was clearing out some brush and inhaled some allergens that pretty much kept me up all night. So I basically tossed and turned all night trying to find the best position to sleep and breath well without any luck. Then I got a unwanted "surprise".

No one has died that I was close to recently (recently= 3-5 years). So I don't think that would be it. I don't have too many stressors on my life at the moment, so I hope that this was just a fluke event. However, I was shaken as this was the first and hopefully the last time something like this happens to me. I don't go out of my way to experience paranormal stuff. Thanks for your post, it helps me feel a bit better irregardless if it solves the problem.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
It's hard to say why such things happen, but I don't think you have anything to fear.

As there seems no indication of something to fear, I more or less agree with gemineye on this one.

This isn't to say anything you experienced is not real, yet more likely what you experienced equates to a positive sign.

Let me suggest something to may seem not related to you and with no explanation why, you may want to check your blood pressure or test if your heart has in irregular pattern. There is no urgency whatsoever to this suggestion. If you happen to have a chance to get such done and it isn't out of the way for you, then it may be good to have it done to have such results on hand even if it is just for your own personal knowledge. Don't respond to this in agreement or disagreement..... just keep it in mind for now. k? *wink*

Peace & Love

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
IMO, and IM experience, say "You've got my attention. Now what is it you need?"

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Your account lacks the descriptive style of those that genuinely occurred.

Originally posted by BlueRidge
The tugging lasted for what I estimate to be around 3-5 seconds until I then heard what can be described as loud whisper directly in my right ear over the roar of my air cleaner that was going just about full blast.

The intrusion must have taken place in order for the entity to disclose something to you. But you never mentioned anything regarding the "loud whisper." I think you heard a voice in your head. It's not uncommon. If it comes back, make an appoitment with a psychiatrist. There are so many nocturnal episodes human brain can come up with . . .

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Your account lacks the descriptive style of those that genuinely occurred.

If you're asking about the noise in I heard, it was more like a whisper or long drawn out exhale. The closest sound that simulates it is when you exhale with your mouth wide open when it's freezing outside in order to see your breath.

As far as my descriptive style, most post I read are not nearly as detailed and are more filled with emotional distress (example: OMG I SAW A GHOST!!)then details of the account with time lines and descriptions. Perhaps I should have personalized my account more and added more emotion, but I saw that as a mistake of adding unwanted noise to the information stream.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by BlueRidge]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It sounds like out of whack neurology due to presence of some toxins.

So the whisper turned out to be audible breathing. You should have been more descriptive on that subject.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It sounds like out of whack neurology due to presence of some toxins.

So the whisper turned out to be audible breathing. You should have been more descriptive on that subject.

I'm describing what it sounded like, it was not really breathing though...Well, this is the first time and last time I will post in this subject again. Thanks for everyones thoughts.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If something similar happens the next time, simply turn on the lights to see what is going on. An idea of an intruder puts the mind on high alert -- you become awake and ready in a sec. So I don't know what kept you sedated and virtually immobile the whole time.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Lighten up on Blue Ridge!! It was his experience and that "experience" was very real to him.

Did anything out of the ordinary happen to you when you were a kid? see images or spirits, sense a "presence", traveled to someplace you had never been before or ??

If there is a next time, ask a question. Good Luck!!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There is almost nothing worse than someone who tries to psychoanalyze someone over the internet.
The conceit in the above poster's comments almost brings a vile taste to the back of my mouth.

To the OP, don't worry about the fool. I have had something very similar happen to me. U2U me and I'll tell you what I believe it was and how I dealt with it.

Unless you would like me to describe it in the thread. I'll do that also.

You know, at a certain point, a person just decides not to give a damn what anonymous people on the internet may think of them.
Fools are a dime a dozen.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheelwalker

Did anything out of the ordinary happen to you when you were a kid? see images or spirits, sense a "presence", traveled to someplace you had never been before or ??

The OP didn't mention that he is a little kid. I can't know that. Since he mentioned not using drugs, I assumed that he was an adult.

If this happened to my dad, he would break the neck of any ghost in a sec no questions asked to protect his family. That's what I remember from being a kid.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

If something similar happens the next time, simply turn on the lights to see what is going on. An idea of an intruder puts the mind on high alert -- you become awake and ready in a sec. So I don't know what kept you sedated and virtually immobile the whole time.

Ha!, Ok tough guy, I freaking know when a person is in my room, I know my environment and going into any more details would be pointless. If it had been a human intruder I would have grabbed the PT 145 Pro sitting in the drawer next to me, but guess what, I knew that I was not dealing with something that a .45 ACP JHP could deal with from the moment my sheets started being tugged when I KNEW I WAS ALONE. Now get off my case about being Rambo against whatever this was. It's easy to be brave behind the castle walls of your computer screen, I wonder how you would react the first time you have a inhuman voice loudly whisper something in your ear when you're all alone and awake.

Jeez.....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheelwalker

The OP didn't mention that he is a little kid. I can't know that. Since he mentioned not using drugs, I assumed that he was an adult.

If this happened to my dad, he would break the neck of any ghost in a sec no questions asked to protect his family. That's what I remember from being a kid.

I'm not a kid, LOL,...I mentioned my age in the first post. Anyways, your Dad must be more ego then brains to think he can hurt something that has no body. That's the same reasoning of doing a bayonet charge into a nuclear blast with a expectation of victory.....I detect a hint of a overly inflated ego in your post. I wonder how you would truly would react if you were in my shoes receiving a post from a person like you?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by BlueRidge]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join