It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Paranormal Activity-Please Advise

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
There is almost nothing worse than someone who tries to psychoanalyze someone over the internet.
The conceit in the above poster's comments almost brings a vile taste to the back of my mouth.

To the OP, don't worry about the fool. I have had something very similar happen to me. U2U me and I'll tell you what I believe it was and how I dealt with it.

Unless you would like me to describe it in the thread. I'll do that also.

You know, at a certain point, a person just decides not to give a damn what anonymous people on the internet may think of them.
Fools are a dime a dozen.

Please tell in what ever form you feel most comfortable. I'm interested to say the least....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRidge
I wonder how you would react the first time you have a inhuman voice loudly whisper something in your ear when you're all alone and awake.

Jeez.....

If it was whispering -- or jus breathing heavy, as you corrected yourself once -- then you can tell where the neck might be. You grab it and squeeze it. That saves you a morning trip with your bed sheets to the laundry room.

I think it was next-door Tracy, and you missed your chances by freezing stiff.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think we only need ignore posts from those who are completely outside any comprehension of the events describe by in the OP.

So, I deal with this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis (i.e., more in summer than winter) and to my experience, if someone has come to get your attention, you lose nothing by giving it. I have had many experiences of children coming to me because they haven't passed over yet and simply needing some reassurance. I can literally feel them lie their head on my lap or climb into my arms or feel them cling to my leg. It's only scary if you choose to experience it that way.

While clearing brush, you might have walked over someone's grave (as a really cliché example). It might have been a while since anyone "disturbed" them and they may have tagged along with you back to your house. It happens. Ghosts move all over the place. My daughter and I see them in the buses and metro on occasion.

If someone puts that much energy into trying to tell you something by pulling your sheets and whispering loudly, you might want to swallow your fear - what can they physically do to you, after all? - and just give them your attention. It would have been just as easy to do and a lot less fearful for you and frustrating for them. If it ever does happen again, try to respond as you would if it were anyone in need. Never mind the fact that it's your bedroom. They don't necessarily know that.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRidge

Hi Ridge,

What you are describing is a distortion in Astral Projection ( with the loud head-thumping noise thing). Is this accompanied with bright lucid-dream visuals?
The thing is that for most people (unless tremendously gifted), Astral projection is a sub-conscious forum.
We do it every time we sleep when brain waves hit Theta; (in deep sleep dreamstate), yet so few ever recall the experience.
Distortions in projection occur, when the conscious mind suddenly becomes 'switched-on' in an unusual scenario; i.e: when it should be sub-conscious time!

If you are having poltergiest activity, I would seriously look at the fact of weither, there are 'un-quiet' minds around you (yes, living people).

Although places can harbour energies, some individuals are a stronger conduit for this type of activity ( and never even realise it!).Thus; they bring the energy themselves.

Other option is that you have told someone that knows alot about occultism (which you have told about your projections/experiences) thay knows more than they are letting on; and they are playing with you.
Good luck; happy to help if needed.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by KRISKALI777]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

Hi Ridge,

What you are describing is a distortion in Astral Projection ( with the loud head-thumping noise thing). Is this accompanied with bright lucid-dream visuals?
The thing is that for most people (unless tremendously gifted), Astral projection is a sub-conscious forum.
We do it every time we sleep when brain waves hit Theta; (in deep sleep dreamstate), yet so few ever recall the experience.
Distortions in projection occur, when the conscious mind suddenly becomes 'switched-on' in an unusual scenario; i.e: when it should be sub-conscious time!

If you are having poltergiest activity, I would seriously look at the fact of weither, there are 'un-quiet' minds around you (yes, living people).

Although places can harbour energies, some individuals are a stronger conduit for this type of activity ( and never even realise it!).Thus; they bring the energy themselves.

Other option is that you have told someone that knows alot about occultism (which you have told about your projections/experiences) thay knows more than they are letting on; and they are playing with you.
Good luck; happy to help if needed.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by KRISKALI777]

I don't have any friends that are into the occult or anything like that. I was not asleep and did not see any bright lights. I was fully awake because I could not sleep due to my lungs being clogged.
I think the post below has the most likely theory...I was on a 200 plus year old plantation that was one of the fist slave operations in the U.S....think mid 1700's as the age when they first started farming the area.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by BlueRidge]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I think we only need ignore posts from those who are completely outside any comprehension of the events describe by in the OP.

So, I deal with this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis (i.e., more in summer than winter) and to my experience, if someone has come to get your attention, you lose nothing by giving it. I have had many experiences of children coming to me because they haven't passed over yet and simply needing some reassurance. I can literally feel them lie their head on my lap or climb into my arms or feel them cling to my leg. It's only scary if you choose to experience it that way.

While clearing brush, you might have walked over someone's grave (as a really cliché example). It might have been a while since anyone "disturbed" them and they may have tagged along with you back to your house. It happens. Ghosts move all over the place. My daughter and I see them in the buses and metro on occasion.

If someone puts that much energy into trying to tell you something by pulling your sheets and whispering loudly, you might want to swallow your fear - what can they physically do to you, after all? - and just give them your attention. It would have been just as easy to do and a lot less fearful for you and frustrating for them. If it ever does happen again, try to respond as you would if it were anyone in need. Never mind the fact that it's your bedroom. They don't necessarily know that.

You might be right on the passenger home theory. The place I was clearing brush at is a former southern slave plantation that I would estimate has the remains of about 10-15 old slave house foundations scattered throughout the property that I know of. It's about a 350 acre southern pine plantation now, but I'm not sure of the original slave plantation size (I'm thinking is was 1000's of acres) . It's always interesting to see the daffodils bloom in the middle of dirt roads or the pine forest. Those are where the slaves once lived if you notice some of the foundation rocks scatted around them. Most of the foundations are in their original places, but over the last hundred years or so bulldozers have gone over them when the pines were being planted. Such a shame. I also find old handmade iron nails and other blacksmith era stuff scattered throughout the place.

I was not clearing brush around one of the houses that I "know of", but that hardly means there was not one there under me.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by BlueRidge]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

I wonder how you would react the first time you have a inhuman voice loudly whisper something in your ear when you're all alone and awake.

Jeez.....

If it was whispering -- or jus breathing heavy, as you corrected yourself once -- then you can tell where the neck might be. You grab it and squeeze it. That saves you a morning trip with your bed sheets to the laundry room.

I think it was next-door Tracy, and you missed your chances by freezing stiff.

I did not correct myself...I'm trying my best describe an inhuman voice. How would an Indian from the new world describe the sound of a modern machine to other indians when there's nothing in his natural world that sounds exactly like it? Most likely he was use a combination of different sound descriptions just like I did.

Oh yea, I'll just get up an "squeeze" something that does not have a body to be squeezed. Maybe you're shy one braincell or two on the logic front. Shouldn't you be doing your homework or something, you sound like you're a middle school kid with time to burn and a massive ego.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh yea, I'll just get up an "squeeze" something that does not have a body to be squeezed. Maybe you're shy one braincell or two on the logic front. Shouldn't you be doing your homework or something, you sound like you're a middle school kid with time to burn and a massive ego.

How do you know that the night intruder didn't have a body if you burrow under the blanket and don't touch it? You are turning an assumption into a fact. That's what the world of paranormal thrives on.

My best bet is that if the intruder had a body, it had to be the person who owned the "bushes" you cleared.
graphics8.nytimes.com...

If the intruder didn't have a body, you just spent too much time clearing the "bushes." If you clear them by burning, you get astrally projected all the way back to the Big Bang. Ask the ancient Native Americans about that trip when you happen to run into them in their ghost form some other night.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello BlueRidge , I don't have any answers for you but can tell you this stuff does happen and it has to me also . I'm 45 my wife 37 it started in Oct of 2007 here with seeing large black shadow beings / people both outside and inside my home then orbs float through the house the size of basket balls and yes I was up either walking through the house or at the computer or in the bathroom not until about a month ago my wife saw the black orb in the hallway while she was putting cloths in the dryer at 6 AM before going to work . They have never done anything to make us fearful just startle us when we see them at first and I mean right in front of us not out of the corner of our eyes either . Now up till 2007 I had never saw anything like this or had any of this happen in my house either just bam it started they have been standing beside the bed watching my wife at times others my side of the bed even two outside behind the dog lot and one over by the neighbors garden the orbs in the hallway the bathroom and the kitchen . All I can say is try not to let them get to you as far as I can tell they wont hurt you but I have no ideal what they want .
John

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Shouldn't you be under a bridge or something?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

Shouldn't you be under a bridge or something?

You got a wrong can under your pillow!
Try this the next time:
bustaghost.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kentuckycowboy2
Hello BlueRidge , I don't have any answers for you but can tell you this stuff does happen and it has to me also . I'm 45 my wife 37 it started in Oct of 2007 here with seeing large black shadow beings / people both outside and inside my home then orbs float through the house the size of basket balls and yes I was up either walking through the house or at the computer or in the bathroom not until about a month ago my wife saw the black orb in the hallway while she was putting cloths in the dryer at 6 AM before going to work . They have never done anything to make us fearful just startle us when we see them at first and I mean right in front of us not out of the corner of our eyes either . Now up till 2007 I had never saw anything like this or had any of this happen in my house either just bam it started they have been standing beside the bed watching my wife at times others my side of the bed even two outside behind the dog lot and one over by the neighbors garden the orbs in the hallway the bathroom and the kitchen . All I can say is try not to let them get to you as far as I can tell they wont hurt you but I have no ideal what they want .
John

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure the FIRST time you saw one of these things it probably was a bit scary? In my case, i'm sure if the thing comes back I will be a bit more mentally prepared to deal with it. It's just when it happens out of the blue and you have 0 paranormal experience... it can shake you up a bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It's just when it happens out of the blue and you have 0 paranormal experience... it can shake you up a bit.

1) No, it's the other way around: YOU shake the can -- before using.

2) No, the repellent spray doesn't have to come out of the blue, level 1 can. There are other types according to the levels. Just read the pamphlet that comes with it. Try it on your mother-in-law first to see if you got the right can.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Okay, good. The OP has come back to the thread.

And now we have an argument!
Awesome!

For the sake of this discussion, let us not focus on particularly WHAT this entity is, and rather what DID IT DO?

(As far as the astral projection ideas are concerned, I can assure you this is not it. I can AP at will. Always have been able to since the very first time I tried it. It is simple. It is a state of mind. It is a technique. It is easy. You try these things and also take drugs that alter your brainwaves and you simply know how to achieve these results... I guess) (also I'm sure that my parenthesied testimony will turn folks off to what I have to say simply because I admit I have taken drugs... Whatever, I don't care.)

My Story - I am a proud US Military Veteran. Not afraid of a damned thing. Never have been really, except one thing.
Since childhood I have had a completely irrational fear of the dark. I still blush to admit it, but it is true.
Now, this isn't a fear that is persistent. It waxes and wanes, so to say.
I'll go three years without having any fear whatsoever and then for a few days be petrified at night, for no known reason.

The only reason I mention the above is to give objective background (for the skeptics, mind you) into what happened to me a few months back....
It lasted about a week. There is no doubt in my household, that these things did occur...
Day 1, or should I say night 1 Irrational fear insues (haven't had such an episode for over a year, at this point). I find it hard to sleep. At about 1:00AM I finally fall asleep after LITERALLY, as a grown 27 year old man, have spent the last Three hours hiding my head under the covers, like a child (this is how terrified I was). ... 3:00AM, I suddenly awake to my car alarm horn sounding endlessly. I go outside and punch my horn and it stops. I go back inside and fall asleep peacefully.
Night 2, nothing like night 1 except for a night almost completely devoid of sleep. Terror.
Night 3, Went to sleep just fine but was woken up again at PRECISELY 3AM to the sound of my horn blaring once again. Afterwards, peaceful sleep.
Night 4, No horn at 3AM, just suddenly awake at exactly 3AM. No explicit reason. Just jolted awake. (As with the rest of the nights I looked immediately to the clock and confirmed that the clock stated PRECISELY 3:00am each time.

Night 5, Once again at precisely 3:00AM I was woken by what was a very peculiar circumstance. It was as if I was observing myself from just away form where I was sleeping (yes, like an OBE), but just long enough to see a "being" lean over my sleeping body and tell me, in a most command authorative voice, WAKE UP. Needless to say I did so immediately. Upon waking I could visually see, in my mind's eye, if that makes sense, the ICE-CHIP BLUE eyes of whater it was I had just observed leaning over me, fading from my WAKING VISION.

At this point I had had enough and I told my wife exactly what I thought was going on and what had happened the night previous.
(Now, to make it clear, she knew already about the repeated 3am episodes, but I chose to tell her about this specific episode about 2 days later after I simply couldn't let it go.)
This is where it got intersting. That same night (the night with the "shadow being") standing over me giving me orders, she had an odd experience that she didn't want to comment on (she isn't a skeptic, but she just doesn't want to talk about things that challenge her worldview)

That same night, a few hours previously, she felt as if she was "willed" asleep. But audibly.
In her exact words: "it was as if someone put their fingers on the center of my forehead and commanded me to sleep"...
And then she passed out at this very desk I type from now.

What do I think it was?
HAH! I KNOW what it was. It was an alien.
This is the only logical explanation, as this has followed me off and on since childhood.

There is no other explanation.

What did I do to stop it?
Well, at THAT POINT (the point I realized it was effecting my family and not only myself) I deliberately waited up, in the dark in the living room, until 3:00 AM and about 1 minute prior started speaking aloud to the people I suspected of being near me and my family DEMANDING that they stop their activity immediately.

I haven't had a problem since.

Just in case that can help.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I am a proud US Military Veteran...

Well, at THAT POINT (the point I realized it was effecting my family and not only myself) I deliberately waited up, in the dark in the living room, until 3:00 AM and about 1 minute prior started speaking aloud to the people I suspected of being near me and my family DEMANDING that they stop their activity immediately.

I think the true reason why the USA has its butt glued to Iraq and Afghanistan is that its military personnel spends too much time shooting at things that don't exist.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I am a proud US Military Veteran...

I think the true reason why the USA has its butt glued to Iraq and Afghanistan is that its military personnel spends too much time shooting at things that don't exist.

Jeez, you should really stay under your bridge...troll

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Did that whispering ghost steal your spell checker?

www.upstatenyroads.com...

And it's written "toll bridge," not "bridge toll."

You got that all mixed up. The entity aproached you at 4:03, as your OP says. That means the haunting started at 3 after 4. But after 4 comes 5, not 3. I think the entity perfectly knew that you are naturally confused person . . .

Just curious: How did you know that it was exactly 4:03 a.m.? Anyone who gets frightened to the point of pajamas wetting hardly has the mind set on the exact time. The human mind is reflexive at that moment and focuses exquisitly on the source of the disturbance. That brings about the question of your status as species. Have your DNA checked before we can take it any further. There is a chance that you belong to the class G, which mutates to the state that resembles the entity that came to visit you. That's why you couldn't understand the whisper: you didn't mutate further enough.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There is a point where sleep can become a very abstract thing; especially when very tired.
If we sleep, yet somehow remain fully conscious- is this considered sleep in the normal sense? thats what I am getting at.
'No 'friends' practicing; thats another grey area- you see ( as per my reference to un-quiet minds) some people practice yet they do it instinctively. I.E: they are not even aware of their abilty.It doesn't even have to be a friend- just someone you know.
I had the most profound astral projections when I was 10 y,o. i had no idea of OBEE's, or religion for that matter- and fully conscious; if mostly uncontrolled.

[edit on 8/28/2009 by KRISKALI777]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Did that whispering ghost steal your spell checker?

www.upstatenyroads.com...

And it's written "toll bridge," not "bridge toll."

You got that all mixed up. The entity aproached you at 4:03, as your OP says. That means the haunting started at 3 after 4. But after 4 comes 5, not 3. I think the entity perfectly knew that you are naturally confused person . . .

Just curious: How did you know that it was exactly 4:03 a.m.? Anyone who gets frightened to the point of pajamas wetting hardly has the mind set on the exact time. The human mind is reflexive at that moment and focuses exquisitly on the source of the disturbance. That brings about the question of your status as species. Have your DNA checked before we can take it any further. There is a chance that you belong to the class G, which mutates to the state that resembles the entity that came to visit you. That's why you couldn't understand the whisper: you didn't mutate further enough.

Usually trolls stay under their bridges, it must have went over your head, it's ok, I would expect as much from a person like yourself. How did I know the time you ask, because I rolled over and saw the bright red LCD screen right before it happened that said 4:03, and when it was over it was 4:10-4:15. It's not worth explaining anymore to you, I however will answer other non a@@hole peoples questions.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by BlueRidge]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
While I've never experienced my covers being tugged I have heard very distinct whispers on several occasions. It's happened twice in last three years.

One time, I was sitting at my computer playing a video game late at night. In my right ear I heard a feminine voice say "way to go, chuck." At first I thought it was my sister and I even responded by saying "what?" Seeing no one, I walked to the other side of the house and asked my sister if she'd been by the computer room, she hadn't.

And just about 8 months ago, I was in bed trying to get some sleep when I heard a masculine voice whisper loudly trying to get my attention. It said "hey.........Hey.............HEY!" I was so rattled it took forever to get to sleep.

I've noticed something about these whispers:

1. I can usually only register them in one ear.
2. I can never really pinpoint the direction from which the sound emanates, it's like the sound is in my head.
3. I feel the force of the whisper in my ear. It makes my ear and whole side of my head tingle.
4. It usually happens when I'm mentally "zoned out." Like just before falling asleep or zombied out playing a video game.

As to what they are, I'm not certain but tend to think it's generally spirits of some kind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join