It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart Surgeon tells of Resurrection from the Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I see your dilema, our ours, having all the people that have 'lost' their lifes in the chair, just came back because Heaven was full, it would be a problem, ofcourse that would be a Con.

Pro would be that the ones who did not 'deserve' to die, could come back..

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ldunquist

Autowrench:
I would really like to help you here, but I cannot point directly to the book I got this from, I have read so many. I did find this site on the net that agrees with me on this concept...
www.unsolvedmysteries.com...

Here is something else you may want to read...
www.folklore.ee...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Hi, Helen670,
To me, prayer is this: A summoning of an inner power up to a feverish point, then a sudden release to further a wish, or desire. That about it? Magick spells are much the same, only usually in rhyme. Humanity seems to be programmed for prayer and worship of some kind, it seems to be in the default settings. I also happen to know that the people of planet Earth have a lot of power within themselves. Especially the women. If all humans on Earth thought the same thought at the same instant of time, anything could, and would, be done. Say that it "got around" through the many ways of communications available today that on a certain day at a certain hour everyone would have a concentrated thought. Say that thought was to create a utopian world where this one used to be, a true utopia with no war, no hunger, and all are together in love. Do you think it would happen? I do. I think the Illuminati knows this secret, and that is why they do all the things they do, to keep us divided, and keep us fighting each other.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why is it that all these miracles happen only with Christians? Surely if a God of such great power was trying to convince the world of his/her existence, it would choose to work the miracles on non-believers. BS all BS.

Christians have become the mockery of modern society and are trying desperately to get power back. The beliefs and faiths are out dated and primitive.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The whole "miracle" hinges on someone's *opinion* about what it means to be dead.

Death is the permanent cessation of life. No one comes back from the dead, simply because if they come back, their vital signs didn't stop permanently. This isn't special pleading, it's the definition of "death".

"the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism" (wordnetweb.princeton.edu).

When a doctor "declares" someone to be dead, it is nothing more than that doctor expressing his or her opinion that the patient's life functions have stopped permanently. Most of the time, they're right. When they say a person's dead, they're dead. Occasionally, they call it wrong. Even though they think a person is dead, it turns out they're not. Oops. Happens all the time - not frequently, but not at all unheard of.

All of the tests we have about whether a person is alive or dead, are inexact. It used to be that if your heart stopped, you were dead. For millions of years, no one survived when their heart stopped, so we used the heartbeat to tell life from death. But then doctors learned some new tricks, like delivering a shock to the heart to get it started again. So heart stopping no longer equaled death. We tried to use brain wave activity to indicated death. If the brain would show a "flat line" for, say, 24 hours, the person was deemed to be dead. But that doesn't work, either. Some people flat line for many days, weeks, even, and then come out of it. So EEG activity isn't a 100% accurate determination of death.

We don't have any exact method of determining death. No specific test reliably shows that someone's life has permanently ended. We just have the indicators that are usually - almost always - right. No heartbeat, no blood pressure or breathing, no EEG activity, almost always the person is dead. But once in a while, they start breathing again, their hearts start up, and they may even recover completely. There have been cases where we've begun autopsies or organ harvests on people who turned out not to be quite alive.

These people didn't return from the dead. Someone made a mistake and declared they were dead when they weren't. But that sounds boring, compared to returning from the dead.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ferris, thank you for digging up the video. Watching those men recall this miracle is powerful testimony to our LORD's love.

Dominus vobiscum,
Joe of the Mountain

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Wonder if this story would've gotten a different reaction from peoples' BS meters without even looking into it if the doctor would've been Buddhist, or Muslim, or even an atheist?

[edit on 8/23/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by joeofthemountain]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"It seems that every time a supposed miracle happens, it always has to be the work of Jesus, why is that? can God not exist without Jesus?"

That's the idea, yes. You should read about him sometime. He has a great story.

reply to post by azzllin

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Who said that some of these miracles don't happen around the world to people who might not be Christian? Can you kindly document your source for that?

Christianity is a mockery to you because you mock it. Why is that? You have done that a lot in other posts. Why do you feel compelled to mock Christianity? I mean personally, not some excuse like 'Christianity is trying to rule the world' thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well who am I to judge if this is BS or not. It would be nice to think that it wasn't. I watched this video on youtube awhile back about a Nigerian guy who was dead for a few days and came back to life. It goes along with the conversation so I'll post it.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-8-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Hi moo/
You mentioned 9 11 and so I answered that 'MANY' far worse tragedies have happened then 9 11 !

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The reason why many people fail to believe in such cases is because the MEDIA somehow does not show them.
There are many cases like this that have happened all over the world,it's just not shown on TELEVISION.
Maybe that in itself is a conspiracy...we are only shown what THEY would like us to see and believe...the same way that MOVIES are created to disillusion the whole world,but only that are afraid to look at what is really happening and why!

Why is is that many would rather give hundreds and maybe thousands to so called 'Fortune tellers', and not give one dollar toward helping the less fortunate!
Why is it that many will listen to their music blasting all day, and NOT listen to what the Bible is really telling us?
The WORLD is run by those that want to control all that is happening, and unfortunately, news like the O.P posted will never make 'Big Headlines' like Britany Spears or Paris Hilton,why is that?
It is because the MEDIA is fascinated by degrading mankind at all possible means,they put them in that situation and then when they fall, they rip them to pieces!
This is EXACTLY why Jesus Christ wouldn't do miracles for the unbelievers...or do miracles so that one would follow Him.

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh, another question or two about this miracle... How many times do you think someone prays for someone who has died? It must happen many thousands of times, probably millions and millions of times. Of all those millions of times, the people almost always remain dead. There is no miraculous resurrection, no sudden gasp of breath. They're dead. Someone prays. They're still dead, and they stay that way. What about all those times?

Also, most of the time when someone turns out not to be dead, there's no prayers. They're said to be dead, sent to the morgue or the funeral home, and then turn out to be alive some time later. No one prayed for their resurrection. They were just thought to be dead, then someone realized that they weren't. What of those miracles?

See, it's really not miracles happening, it's errors in diagnosis. It's not so easy to tell when someone is truly gone, even with all our modern equipment. Sometimes we still get it wrong.

And I'm speaking, not only as a theist, but as one who attributes his life to a miraculous intervention effected by prayer. Seriously. It's just that, you can't use the one in a million "miracle" as proof of God's answering prayers, while ignoring the 999,9999 times the prayer goes unanswered. If you're going to count the "successes", then you need to count every single failure as well, every single time a parent has tearfully begged God to restore their child taken too soon from them, every time a young widow prays for her husband, every time anyone asks that a loved one come back. If you count all the times nothing happens, you'll see that the notion that prayer is effective is not supported by the results.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Hi chiron/

Prayer must be selfless...not just because we wish it to be for whatever reasons they may be!
The Prayer that Jesus Christ instructed His Apostles to pray?
''Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
THY WILL BE DONE,
on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN''.

It is Gods Will, that will be done, not mans will!
God must have good reason as to why His WILL is done and not mans will...there is further reading on this if people so much require to learn.
It seems harsh, but sometimes it's for the best that prayer dont always work.

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Even if this story is true, and there is no bias whatsoever involved...
It ignores the fact that millions of similar prayers have been made with no results.

If I say "Hocus pocus" to a million people who have a cold, and one of them gets better, I can conclude that either:
1) Magic is real and "Hocus pocus" was the reason that one person got better
or
2) It was chance.

Of course, if I already believe in the power of "Hocus pocus", I would almost certainly say #1 is the case - regardless of what logic indicates.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
OMG they have finally created ZOMBIES by raising the dead, HUNT THEM ALL DOWN QUICKLY...

What a load of BS. if that had happened over here in the UK, the Doctor would have breached the Human rights of the dead patient by preaching to him.. After all a nurse offered a patient a 'prayer' and it was all in teh newspapers how she was trying to convert the patient to Christianity. GAWD HELP US ALL<
We can't even die in peace without having the Godly trying to preach to us now.

Think when I'm about to shuffle off this mortal coil I'll write on my chest " Do NOT resusitate and DO NOT pray for my resurrection."

[edit on 24/8/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Why is it that many will listen to their music blasting all day, and NOT listen to what the Bible is really telling us?

Because the bibles were written by men and contain factual errors and contradictions. They also give clear instructions to "Children" on misogyny, genocide, rape , homophobia, infanticide,pedophilia, slave keeping,racism and bigotry, emotional torture and such.
Along with men who live inside fish, talking snakes, walking dead zombies,demons, unicorns and flying men, 4 legged birds and very wealthy slaves.

All committed by or on the instruction of the compassionate yeahwehhesus.

Needless to say you have to cherry pick the bible for the bits that are telling you "something " then listen to your music blasting when non deluded people point out the above horrors and absurdities.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Because the bibles were written by men and contain factual errors and contradictions. They also give clear instructions to "Children" on misogyny, genocide, rape , homophobia, infanticide,pedophilia, slave keeping,racism and bigotry, emotional torture and such.
Along with men who live inside fish, talking snakes, walking dead zombies,demons, unicorns and flying men, 4 legged birds and very wealthy slaves.

All committed by or on the instruction of the compassionate yeahwehhesus.

Needless to say you have to cherry pick the bible for the bits that are telling you "something " then listen to your music blasting when non deluded people point out the above horrors and absurdities.

Hi moo/

I tend to read about the lives of early Christians,Saints, monks and Elders....their lives and their prayers are filled with suffering and total humility toward all of mankind.
They teach forgiveness and non condemnation toward those that hate them or the Lord Jesus Christ.
Their lives should be read by all ,so that they may also learn what TRUE sufering is about!
If I was to listen and believe what the television and the Hollywood owned media tell me, then I know already, that My MIND has been corrupted or mind controlled!
Look at todays society and their you have what TELEVISION has done...the media and the technology was not for our entertainment(it may have begun uncorruted,but not now)but for the sole purpose to destroy family and friendship circles...make them all believe the world is a FANTASY where we all get what we want!
The New Testament is the teachings of Christ told through His Apostles(glimpse)....there are more books that teach about LOVE and it's true anadulterated meaning!
Love, not in a sense of LUST which is a passion ,but a desire!

I have found nothing but goodness in the New Testament....the Life of Christ began in the Stables....it shows us the HUMILITY of God.
It ends with His HUMILITY to die on the Cross and forgive His enemies.
The Resurrection proves that DEATH has no hold of man and one day man will be united with God.
The Original post's atricle gives HOPE to all that have Faith and Love toward one another!
All at this moment life is ONLY seen through a Glass darkly....\

ICXC NIKA
helen

EDIT...spelling mistakes ....

[edit on 8/24/2009 by helen670]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So by avoiding the questions and observations you agree to be cherry picking the bible for the good bits that fit your belief.

It is one thing to criticize others for being brainwashed by TV that presents itself to be factual, but this s totally hypocritical when you do it yourself.

I have found nothing but goodness in the New Testament....the Life of Christ began in the Stables....it shows us the HUMILITY of God.

So making other people (according to your bibles) possessions to be treated as "chattel" is good ?

Incidentally, Jesus was not born in a stable this is a popular misconception repeated by ignorant xtians.

The properties in question at the time would not have had stables or barns. They tended to have 2 rooms one being primarily a guest room which could double for the odd chicken or goat if the family in question could afford either.

Mary and Joseph were certainly not turned away from any "Inn" by a miserable innkeeper on the grounds of it being full. As there is no evidence of any motels or taverns in the are at the time.

This sorry cultural image, of a mother giving birth with the cows and sheep is totally ignorant and misleading, a lie perpetuated by xtianity.

Yes there would have been a guest "room" as these were traditional in the area, the implication being that, the guest room was already occupied.

How different is this out and out lie used to brainwash little children to what you allude to with TV?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones dear lady.

I notice throughout your posts Helen, that you invariably try to use the scriptures to back up your claims, but when you are presented with factual errors or contradictions you proceed to change the subject to matters of "Faith" and cherry pick the bibles avoiding the more difficult bits that don't suit your belief..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The Prayer that Jesus Christ instructed His Apostles to pray? ''Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be thy name, Thy kingdom come, THY WILL BE DONE, on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN''.

You may notice that this prayer appears to be plagiarized from from the Egyptian book of the dead, nothing original here I'm afraid.

Here's an excerpt --

Hail, gods, who dwell in the house of the Two Truths.
I know you and I know your names.
Let me not fall under your slaughter-knives,
And do not bring my wickedness to Osiris, the god you serve.
Let no evil come to me from you.
Declare me right and true in the presence of Osiris,
Because I have done what is right and true in Egypt.
I have not cursed a god.
I have not suffered evil through the king who ruled my day.
Hail , gods who dwell in the Hall of the Two Truths,
Who have no evil in your bodies, who live upon maat ,
Who feed upon maat in the presence of Horus
Who lives within his divine disk. 14
Deliver me from the god Baba,
Who lives on the entrails of the mighty ones on the day of the great judgement.
Grant that I may come to you,
For I have committed no faults, ---------

Needless to say the Egyptians would probably have include Amen somewhere, after all he was an Egyptian god.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

moo/

And who is to say that it was plaguarised?
Some book that claims it is the book of the dead?
How do we know what is plaguarised now days?
What about the falsified history documents of world wars?
What about the BURNING of the ''Alexandrian Library'' I wonder if all that is going WRONG on Gods earth is one big agenda?
Prove me wrong, and then Ill tell you what I think Plaguarism really means and why!
And tell me, moo, who was the Egyptians God?
Maybe he always was around from the Old Testament....continues in his evil ways....decieving even his own blind followers!

ICXC NIKA
helen

'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join