It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lockerbie Bomber: The Case Reviewed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thank you very much you busy busy little bee..always sharing your well researched nuggets of info..

Gosh I do try not to detest people, Mandelson and his grubby little paws are everywhere

Mandelson met Gaddafi's son before Lockerbie release announcement

thanks again

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I gotta say you did a great job here..... very fast considering he was just released yesterday.... me personally did let fly on the news thread relating to this story by saying he should never have been released, especially not on compassionate grounds but i didn't know the facts... it looks to me like he was involved somehow with the plans but whether he acted alone is doubtful.... probably others out there were involved.... i still think that justice has not been served.

S+F

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Very good. I didn't know too much about this event. I was obviously aware of it, but not the details. Anyway, yet another great case review.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have always felt the finding of a piece of timer ,wrapped in a piece of a t shirt ,with a traceable label ...6 months after the event to be very fortuitous or suspicious...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

As usual, superb work here, TML. Flagged, starred, and D.I.G.G.'ed.

You might want to consider this thread and the ideas flowing there.

Above Top Secret the Magazine?

If ATS were to get a magazine going, you could be a spotlight with your "The Case Reviewed" as a segment.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
meh...

It's always the Arabs...

like somehow white people aren't capable of strapping a bomb on and committing suicide.

CIA is has the ability to hypnotize candidates and use them as bombers. It's not that hard.

When the Arabs do it, we can always use it as an excuse to attack some Middle Eastern nation.

China gets frequent bombings too, but you know what? I don't see them attacking Iran or Pakistan.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Great job

MSM Today reported that, colonel Gadaffi has publicly thanked Gordon Brown, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Andrew. This story is getting weirder by the day.

S&F

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting thread.
I remember at the time of the bombing there was a lot of talk of the FBI/CIA being on the scene very soon after the disaster.
There was also talk of the CIA having planted the vital piece of circuit board,supposedley the bombs timer component or part of it.
The vital piece was however,found by a dog walker 80 miles away from the crash site-but somehow still wrapped in a T shirt(which was one of the items of clothing supposedley sold to AL magrahi in the middle east before the atrocity.
I cannot see how the CIA would have planted this evidence,due to the distance away from the crash site...a "plant" would surley be placed nearer to the scene,IMO.
There was also talk of US personnel bringing a single coffin to the scene,along with more talk of the bomber being invovled with CIA heroin smuggling.
I remember reading the story in "the scotsman" newspaper,but their link has long gone.
I did find the story copied to another web page though(the story starts with the Blue headline,a bit down the page of this link:

osdir.com...

As the headline states,a police chief from the area believed that evidence was faked in this case.

I am not sure how much truth there is to the above,but I do not think we are being told the whole truth at this moment.
I actually think that the US Gov has pressured the UK into RELEASING Al Megrahi and here is why:

Had Al Megrahi not been released,his appeal would have gone ahead(if he survived long enough).
This appeal would have brought into the public domain a lot of unseen info about the political motivations of the USA/UK at the time,and exposed possible coverup/conspiracy.
The condition of his release was that he drop the appeal,thereby saving whoever was worried about being exposed.
I believe the US Gov wanted the appeal dropped,and so pressured Gordon Brown to pressure the Scots into the release we have seen.
To cover there backs so to speak,we now have Gordon and Barack ganging up on the scots in public(classic misdirection if you ask me).

So the Govs of the US and the UK get what they wanted (no appeal for the USA,total discrediting of Alex Salmons Scottish independence movement for Gordon),while they maintain the public "moral high ground",by ranting about how Scotland should never have released this man.
Where do I stand on this?
He should have had an appeal-if he was found to be innocent,let him go free.
If not,keep him locked up.
The way the appeal has been quashed makes me wonder what really happened.There are certainly elements of this story the US/UK would do anything to keep secret-including the release of Al Megrahi.

My thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
More evidence for the Iran-Libya-Pakistan Connection (Which in my opinion is the actual and most probable scenario of what took place).

The German anti-terror campaign Operation Autumn Leaves (see J, O and P) led to the arrest of bomb-maker Marwan Khreesat weeks before the Lockerbie disaster. Khreesat was released after a few days because of a lack of evidence. In April 1989 further German police raids resulted in the discovery of two more bombs designed by Khreesat specifically to blow up aircraft. Did he make the bomb which was placed on feeder flight Pan Am 103A before it left Frankfurt for Heathrow?
Lockerbie

Not only that, but this:

Five weeks before the Palestinian warning (see I) was received, a German anti-terrorism campaign, Operation Autumn Leaves, arrested a "team of Palestinians not associated with the PLO" in possession of a bomb in a cassette recorder (see T) strikingly similar to the Lockerbie bomb.
Guardian.uk

We can deduct from here, that either, A) These were the contacts from Megrahi or B) These were the Contacts for Megrahi's partner, Fhimah to have met. This would have worked out perfectly, if Fhimah was their contact because Fhimah had the Pan Am Tags and access to the luggage. The question now comes in, if this happened.... Who did it happen with? And how far does this rabbit hole really go.....

The CIA Connection

Alright a lot of people are going crazy: What about the CIA... ALRIGHT..lol.. I will talk about the CIA, calm down I only had a day to release what I had yesterday.

The theory of the CIA is that they were Smuggling Drugs. Which wouldn't be the first and probably is not the last:

Lockerbie farmer Jim Wilson found a suitcase full of cellophane packets containing white powder among the debris in his fields. The suitcase was taken away, no explanation was given, and the authorities continued to insist that no drugs (apart from a small quantity of cannabis) had been found on the plane. But it was later discovered that the name Mr Wilson saw on the suitcase did not correspond with any of the names on the Pan Am 103 passenger list.
Lockerbie

If the above is true from the witness, than this definately does not CHANGE ANYTHING. People lets be serious here.

FACT: There was a bomb
FACT: You do not blow up your goods, so the CIA did not and would not destroy their smuggled goods.

So we can assume from the info above or if you rather; we can deduct from the above that the CIA did not indeed bomb their cargo. But their does come an issue, if the CIA did not bomb the plane....who did? Well lets keep investigating the CIA connection.

On the night of the disaster teams of rescue volunteers scouring the area discovered a large object under a red tarpaulin. As they approached it, they were warned off by gunmen in the doorway of a hovering helicopter. A local farmer, Innes Graham, was also warned by US investigators to stay away from a small wooded area a few miles east of Lockerbie.
Another Farmer?

This makes one wonder what is going on? What was their. Well according from an official report:

Two coach-loads of officials arrived at the disaster scene in the day after the crash. Many were plain-clothed Americans with no obvious affiliation. Among their baggage was a single coffin for which no explanation has ever been given. Labour MP Tam Dalyell later produced evidence indicating that the Americans had "stolen" a body from the wreckage. A local doctor identified and labelled 59 bodies and was then puzzled to find that the Americans had relabelled and tagged only 58 in the area where he had been working.
The Coffin

This makes things change a little bit and to me the obvious reason to a take a body would be due to drugs. Its not uncommon for drugs to be swallowed or placed in...uncomfortable areas. Depeneding on the drug load this could have been different and a necessary part of the drug operation to smuggle drugs through a live host. Of course the question comes into play who was he? I would guess CIA.

And this is where the Lockerbie Bomber and the CIA meet.... According to a private investiigating firm:

A report by Interfor, a New York corporate investigative company hired by Pan Am, suggested that a Palestinian gang (see P) had got the bomb on to the airliner at Frankfurt by exploiting a US intelligence deal (see U). In a bid to free American hostages in Beirut, American intelligence agents had apparently struck a deal with Syrian drug smugglers: in exchange for hostage information, the agents smoothed the Lebanon-US drugs route by relaxing security restrictions and allowing drug luggage to sail through customs. The terrorist gang simply switched the drug luggage for a bomb.
Lockerbie

Remember that break in that occured? From Frankfurt to Heathrow in the Heathrow baggage area at Frankfurt. That would make sense and that would BE THE REASON why secruity was LAXED as stated in the OP's. Secruity was on high, but than all of a sudden relaxed? Why? Whats the link?

Well....

Operation Autumn Leaves led to the arrest of a gang associated with a splinter group of the Palestinian movement the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command (PFLP-GC). Was Pan Am 103 blown up by a Palestinian gang, protected by Syria and paid for by Iran?
LINK

Well, Iran would have not acted alone and its closest ally at the time can be argued to be Libya. Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi and Al Amin Khalifa Fhimah definately bought the shirts, Fhimah receieved the the bomb from the "team of Palestinians not associated with the PLO" after he was released, Fhimah returns and gives the bomb to Megrahi, Megrahi fixes the suitcase and gives it to his intelligence community, whoever, thsi middleman was could have been or gave the important cargo to Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine gang. They in turn with the Pan Am Tags given by Fhimah loaded the luggage on at Frankfurt/Heathrow when secruity was laxed. Too good of a coincidence?

Could this had been all true? The CIA's Drugs and The Terrorist? Was it a CIA Deal gone horribly bad? It would appear if you believe the conspiracy theory above. To me it makes sense and it is highly plausible and definately weighs on my mind as the next best scenario...

Now to connection everything and make things easier to understand:

-In July 1988 the USS Vincennes shot down an Iranian airliner over the Persian Gulf, killing all 290 people on board. The US stated that it thought it was a fighter plane. The Iranian head stated that their would be revenge and that blood would reign from the sky.

-The Iranians hired a Palestinian terrorist group, the PFLP-GC (known to have connections with CIA drug-smuggling operations), to exact revenge. In this case the Libyans were also involved, with having close connections to Iran and Palestinian terrorist groups.

-In December 1988 operatives of the PFLP-GC managed to replace one of the suitcases containing CIA heroin or coc aine, and destined to be transported on Pan Am Flight 103 to the U.S., with a suitcase containing a bomb. The contacts for the PFLP must have been Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi and Al Amin Khalifa Fhimah, their is no way around it. They had a part in this and I stand by my scenario above, Fhimah recieved the luggage and tagged it with the Pan Am tags while Megrahi used his clothes and wrapped everything uo in his clothes (By eveyrthing I mean the bomb).

-CIA operatives placed this suitcase on the Pan Am plane as part of the CIA's normal drug-smuggling operations. But it probably was not that easy so a break in must have been simulated because the secruity was so relaxed.

-The bomb exploded over Lockerbie, killing 189 Americans. The Iranians got their revenge.

-The U.S., anxious to conceal the role played by the CIA (Working with the enemy for Drugs, yea, how would you explain that to the people..lol), blamed Libya, imposed crippling economic sanctions in an effort to force Libya to "admit" guilt, and persuaded the U.N. to do the same. Which it did not work, but the evidence discovered later would prove a connection between everyone!

-After years of economic hardship Libya decided it was better to pay billions of dollars and formally admit guilt in order to have the sanctions lifted. They stated a fact they were guilty on some level.

-Only two guilty suspects were known and only one faced time, but was released just a few days ago... is that justice? Did the people on that plane have a choice?...Makes one wonder....

Perhaps the most compelling evidence:

An Israeli intercept of Iranian diplomatic coded communications between Mohtashemi's Interior Ministry in Teheran and the Iranian embassy in Beirut (where Mohtashemi once served as ambassador) revealed more than two years before Buehler was arrested by Iran that the Shi-ite cleric transferred $1.2 to $2 million used for the bombing of PanAm 103 to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command headed by Ahmed Jibril.
Evidence

To me it makes sense, the CIA and the Trouble. The Palestine-Libya-Iran connection seems TO REAL to ignore anymore. But thats the CIA's involvement in a nut shell according to TheMythlives.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thats one excellent hypothesis TML.
Good work.
People with your investigative skills should storm the HQ's of BBC/SKY/FOX/CNN etc.IMO.Chuck out the goon squads and give us all some properly researched info!

The coffin is an interesting point.I have always wondered about it.
I still think its a key point,because to "dissapear"a person from the wrekage points to something or someone of great significance.
Something we are not being told about.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

MYTH, Thanks for adding this final information, its makes very good sense

the break-in bothered me, and you have brought closure to this aspect.

The release of this man is injust! I can truly see why so many are

outraged by his release ill or not!!

Again GREAT follow up, and investigative work!!

THEMYTHLIVES...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
TML, nice review of the case.

In the UK, the satirical magazine Private Eye, which is also known for reporting what other newsprint fears to mention, did a great special edition on this case.

Unfortunately, it sold out immediately and I couldn't get a copy. It sold out, one might say, suspiciously quickly.

I am pretty sure that al-Megrahi is at least not guilty of the Lockerbie bombing. The deal that Libya accepted blame and set up a patsy to get back into the "international community"'s good books is too blatant to ignore if you have any memory, as I do, of how EVIL Gaddafi was supposed to be not that long ago.

I also have personal information about this: a friend of mine was on the Lockerbie flight. He got off at Heathrow, and I saw him the following week. He told me he'd sat next to a US serviceman who was absolutely crapping his pants because he'd heard rumours there was a bomb on the plane.

Couple that with reports that the Scottish police were surprised to see the CIA and our security services on the scene so quickly - they'd have had to set off from London before the crash occurred - and with reports of CIA people removing evidence from the crash site, and there's more going on here even than in your phenomenal summing up.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thank you once again for your sterling work! This scenario sounds very plausible indeed... perhaps in some respect it is understandable to a point why a fair number of people doubted the conviction of Megrahi when there was so much US shenannigans going on at the scene of this terrible mass murder and so much covering up and flim flam from the UK government.

Will be interesting to see what comes out from Megrahi's final memoirs as he claims he will be providing evidence to the Times to prove that he didn't do it..

My thoughts are with the families

Berth

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If flight 103 had blown up over international waters, as was the plan, then things would have been a whole lot different. the plane was delayed by 20 minutes thus causing the detonation to occur over Scotland.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

You're thinking of Paul Foot from Private Eye ( sadly passed away). He had a lot to say on the matter and the Eye have followed up numerous times over the years. I expect to see another 'special' about the whole affair. The next few issues should be good.

Here is a link to an article summarising what he and John Ashton have came up with.

plane-truth.com...

On another note, it's strange to see Scotland having to batten down the hatches. We are taking a pasting on the message boards, recently the director of the FBI has joined in.
I think the US governments stance is a bit of a front. I think they will be very relieved that there will be no appeal and no new evidence presented ( seemingly these are documents by the cct boards manufacturer that could blow the case out of the water).

Still, it's funny to see such a site as boycottscotland.com.

Looks like we are going to get the 'freedom fries' treatment.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

On another note, it's strange to see Scotland having to batten down the hatches. We are taking a pasting on the message boards, recently the director of the FBI has joined in.
I think the US governments stance is a bit of a front. I think they will be very relieved that there will be no appeal and no new evidence presented ( seemingly these are documents by the cct boards manufacturer that could blow the case out of the water).

Still, it's funny to see such a site as boycottscotland.com.

Looks like we are going to get the 'freedom fries' treatment.

Damn right,the US Gov love the fact the appeal has been dropped.
Looks to me like Scotland is being made into the fall guy/patsy country.(Even though they are not an independent country,but part of the UK).

Like I said up the page,I believe that this situation is being used to weaken the power of those who want a truly independent Scotland,IE making Alex Salmons party look like international pariahs by releasing a terrorist.
Now this is a multiple whammy for TPTB--because remember the whole EU treaty they are trying to force through.The Irish are our last bastion of resistance. But the Scots are trying to become a completley new and seperate country!
The last thing the EU needs or wants is an independent Scotland.
A spanner in the works of the EU superstate they do not want-Scotland and Ireland together would be that spanner.
So make Scotland look like they are not playing the game,discredit them as a country--a kinda warning not to dare to go fully independent maybe?

Appeal is dropped also,so no shady evidence comes out to discolour the official story.
EU happy,USA happy--everybody happy....

This situation has many levels,a deep rabbit hole indeed.

[edit on 22/8/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

[edit on Aug 22nd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Shamelessy bumping my thread
So that way new eyes can look upon it and so that new info maybe presented.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This is going to get quite messy.

www.express.co.uk...

Al Megrahi is going to name the real culprits.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Nice,follow up on the Lockerbie case Myth.This has to close a connection with the CIA's drug running operation can see how they are gonna go out of their way to make sure Scotland takes the heat and if Al Megrahi is indeed gonna name names then the US government is gonna go outta their way to try and deny and deflect what he says.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join