It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is Living on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have read so many threads about creatures, critters, humanoids and aliens living on Mars that it makes my head spin.

I have seen so many pictures of rocks that appear to resemble many things here on Earth, including Bigfoot (Example picture in This Thread )

There is even a statue that resembles one of the great Egyptian statues, as seen in This Thread, but time and time again all we ever hear is...

"These rocks are so small.. only a couple of inches/feet/meters... can't possibly be that size and be the same objects, critters, creatures we see here on Earth"...

Well, why not? Give me one good reason why they cannot be real yet still be that small..

We have to remember one thing... Mars is Mars and not Earth. The environment is completely different.

It is not impossible for a species to have evolved into a much smaller being. Over recent years we have been having this exact issue being strongly debated here on Earth with regards to the Indonesian "Hobbit" otherwise known as Homo floresiensis.

The one metre (3ft) tall, 30kg (65lbs) humans roamed the Indonesian island of Flores, perhaps up to 8,000 years ago.

Since the discovery, researchers have argued vehemently as to the identity of these diminutive people.

Two papers in the journal Nature now support the idea they were an entirely new species of human.

The team, which discovered the tiny remains in Liang Bua cave on Flores, contends that the population belongs to the species Homo floresiensis - separate from our own grouping, Homo sapiens.

The group argues that the "Hobbits" are descended from a prehistoric species of human - perhaps Homo erectus - which reached island South-East Asia more than a million years ago.

Over many years, their bodies most likely evolved to be smaller in size, through a natural selection process called island dwarfing, claim the discoverers, and many other scientists.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So island dwarfing could be a factor in the images we are finding in the Mars pictures. But how could island dwarfing happen on a planet as big as Mars?
There could be many factors that attribute this form of evolutional dwarfing, be it the scarcity of food and water combined with less gravity, low oxygen levels and many other possibilities.

Insular dwarfism, a form of Phyletic dwarfism,[1] is the process and condition of the reduction in size of large animals – almost always mammals – when their gene pool is limited to a very small environment, primarily islands. The intentional breeding of insular dwarfism is called dwarfing.

This effect has made itself manifest many times throughout natural history, including dinosaurs, like Europasaurus, and modern animals such as elephants.

There are several proposed explanations for the mechanism which produces such dwarfism, which are often considered likely to be co-contributing factors, including an evolved gene-encoded response to environmental stress, as well as a selective process where only the smaller of the animals trapped on the island survive, as food declines to a borderline level. The smaller animals need fewer resources, and so are more likely to get past the break-point where population decline allows food sources to replenish enough for the survivors to flourish.

en.wikipedia.org...

In another study, Eleanor Weston and Adrian Lister of London's Natural History Museum looked at fossils of several species of ancient hippos. They then compared those found on the island of Madagascar with the mainland ancestors from which they evolved.

"It could be that H. floresiensis' skull is that of a Homo erectus that has become dwarfed from living on an island, rather than being an abnormal individual or separately-evolved species, as has been suggested," said Dr Weston, a palaeontologist at the museum.

"Looking at pygmy hippos in Madagascar, which possess exceptionally small brains for their size, suggests that the same could be true for H. floresiensis, and that (it could be) the result of being isolated on the island."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Whoever or whatever may possibly be, or had been, living on Mars may have had extremely similar experiences as we have had in order to replicate (or produce before we ever got out of the primordial soup) the images we are so familiar with.
Earth has stories and myths about giants once roaming these lands. We have stories about Goblins, Hobbits, Fairies, sprites and many, many other bizzare shaped and sized 'beings'.

We even have a hard time trying to decide who, or what, built the Pyramids and the great Sphinx...and how..

So as much as we may all try to deny the credibility of the images and shapes we are all seeing from many of the Mars pictures, we do have to try to take a different view and perhaps change our opinions just a little bit and consider the possible chances of some form of intelligent beings living on Mars that have, or had, the ability to create things that we take for granted.

What is most difficult for many is that we are finding these images and making the comparison.

Even Martian Hermit crabs....

Public curiosity about the new species abounded, and, in homage to a short-statured race in J.R.R. Tolkien’s novels, it was soon dubbed “hobbit-like.” However, the initial analysis of the find and the dwarfing hypothesis were immediately challenged by the scholarly community. Some subsequent examinations of the remains contradicted the original conclusions, suggesting instead that they represent a population of modern humans that was quite gracile (slender) but of normal height. In contrast, other investigations, which compared the specimen’s gait, foot size, and skull size to that of modern humans, suggested that the remains belong to a new species, perhaps one that descended from an ancestor more primitive than H. erectus.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

NOTHING is living there my friend, at least according to the data that we've gathered so far:
nothing breathing, nothing that has eyes, nothing that can shake your hand in case of encounter.
There's nothing living on Mars according to what we've found so far.
But
The evidences, my man...
THAT is supposed to be a sculpture?

This is a sculpture.
Something you can outline everything, no need to ask to your own imagination what's there.
I don't care whether is BBC or the last website, that is a case of pareidolia, END. I bet that no one of them know what's the area covered by Spirit & Opportunity so far. Imagine the Earth, then imagine to send some rover to some desertic area, now tell me how many chances you have to spot any signs of life. Well, the rovers are on Mars, you do the math.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Nothing, imo. People act as if there should only be perfectly normal Mars rocks, nothing else. Any anomaly is instantly credited with being some form of life, even though Mars is an entirely different planet for cripes sake.

I do think it's possible that perhaps there were bacteria and other micro organisms living there once upon a time, and perhaps it was the reason we now have life on Earth. I seriously doubt there was any sentient life there though, or any culture. You'd see a lot more signs of it imo.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
A few doctors and scientists, that should do for now.

What else did you expect.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I have heard a theory regarding tiny humans living on the moon and other places..

A user on disclose.tv had many videos about this, although I have had a difficult time seeing much of what he's talking about.

He's also on ATS. HERE is his ATS profile.

I'm not sure if he has any info or not, but you may u2u him.

[edit on 8/21/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Who or what is living there?

Nothing, from what we've seen so far. Wait... methane gas? Does that count.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's me. I moved there because the earth inhabitants were just too crazy. Kidding.

I don't know who or what is out there. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

NOTHING is living there my friend, at least according to the data that we've gathered so far:

Ahem./.. correction there mate. at least according to the data that we've been GIVEN so far

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Who or what is living there?

Nothing, from what we've seen so far. Wait... methane gas? Does that count.

Methane gas is a product of decay of organic matter... to have methane gas.. wouldnt something have to be rotting? eh.. wel thats how WE get it anyway... old organic matter, broken down and stuck in pockets with tonnes of fossiles

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Halley Comet

Comet Hyakutake

Pluto

Neptune

These are some other cellestial bodies that contain methane. Are you saying that these potentially harbor aliens?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee

Ahem./.. correction there mate. at least according to the data that we've been GIVEN so far

I accept the correction: now please, add all the informations that we haven't been provided so far. No, don't tell me that you have not a pic, a telemetric data, any PROOF ....
by blaming NASA hiding stuff we won't go to nowhere, only desperate people make claims like that: and we are not that desperate so far mate.
Do you think that NASA found something on Mars and that they're hiding it? Ok, i do believe that there's something fishy but... where are the proofs? Hard stuff is what we need mate, not just claims.
Look, this is a compilation made by me, credits have been given.

Mars is interesting, but nothing has been found so far, i mean, nothing of what we hope.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I agree with you all that there may very well be nothing living there. But I am still open to the possibility that there might be or might have been something or someone iving there that may have had some form of intelligence.

We were lucky to have had the pictures of the face on mars and the Cydonia region. The "structures" in that area are one of the biggest topics when it comes to Mars itself.

But the point is that when we think of the Pyramids on Earth or we think of structures on the Moon or Mars we all tend to think that the people/beings/creatures that designed and built it all are Human sized.

Yet we have many stories of the Greys being almsot half our size. We have stories of how the Pyramids were built using some form of anti gravity etc.

Getting the proof to it all is the hardest part. For that, we have no choice but to wait, and we must wait. If we sit here and dismiss everything just because of its size then we are flawed in our methods of study.

Now we have this news story that is in the ABN forum...

THE identity of the tiny human-like creature discovered on the Indonesian island of Flores in 2004 has become clearer -- and more astonishing -- thanks to a new analysis by Australian and Indonesian scientists.

According to a team led by Australian National University doctoral student Debbie Argue, not only is Homo floresiensis, nicknamed the hobbit, not a deformed modern human, as a handful of critics claim, but the small-brained, long-armed biped was the first human-like creature to walk out of Africa.

And it did so nearly two million years ago, roughly 100,000 years before..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How much smaller were they before they left Africa?
How can one species stay at the same level whilst expand and evolve in other places?

When populations share genetic background and environmental factors, average height is frequently characteristic within the group. Exceptional height variation (around 20% deviation from average) within such a population is usually due to gigantism or dwarfism; which are medical conditions due to specific genes or to endocrine abnormalities. In regions of extreme poverty or prolonged warfare, environmental factors like malnutrition during childhood or adolescence may account for marked reductions in adult stature even without the presence of any of these medical conditions. This is one reason that immigrant populations from regions of extreme poverty to regions of plenty may show an increase in stature, despite sharing the same gene pool.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just remember that we are only able to observe Humans and other animals within our planet. We have yet to discover an organsim of some kind with which to be able to draw any kind of similarity that has come from off world.

And yes, the full extent of distance travelled by the Rovers is not anywhere near the full amount we would all like to see. I know we would just love to be able to get into a car and drive wherever we liked on Mars ...

Sign me up for the first expedition.. i hope we can all form an orderly queue

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
My post spells clearly that i'm open to that possibility

Mars is our brother, since much more time that we are able to ever imagine, but this is a long story. Here, this is a place that i would like to see with my own eyes.
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

This might be nothing, but i swear i'd like to land there if i could have to choose. Natural formation? I want to listen to some geologist explaining to me a possible origin of the formation of what we see here. But a GOOD explanation.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Thank you very much my friend.

It is examples like that that we must take into deep consideration.
We have so much to learn about other places and we have so much to try to forget about ourselves too..

What do I mean by forget about ourselves?
Well, SLAYER69 posted these images in another thread here
I am going to reproduce them in this thread so that we can see that we tend to only think of ourselves as we are now and how easy it is to forget that there are Humans alive today that are half our size yet inifintely capable of all that we have achieved, just on a smaller scale.

Doors are smaller, houses are smaller, tools are smaller.. dinner plates are smaller..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b3b7ab89bf3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5536a775fa8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d9e1efc0bef.jpg[/atsimg]

Our stories of giants are true.. to some.. to the rest of us we assume we are talking about people bigger than ourselves..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Personally, I don't think anything is living on Mars, at least not anymore. I think Mars is a lot older than Earth, dispite what a scientist would say to this. I think it did once harbour life, I think water did exist there etc. I don't think it was there for very long though, not as long as life on Earth.

They say Mars has a simlar but weaker atmosphere to Earth, this could be because it was much the same, but something happened & destroyed most of it, taking life with it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Wow, that is a great picture. Am I right when I estimate the square would be circa 2000mx2000m?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Did you know that i come from a small island where have been found the Giants' graves?

The story of my island is very ancient, we are unable to recollect all the pieces of the puzzle, but let's say that more or less 5000 years ago they were able to do this:

in BRONZE.
And it has been proven that they had cultural sharing with phoenicians:
my ancestors, had to cruise basing their knowledge on the SKY.
Mars was called the "big bro" by my ancestors, they always thought that our major brothers were living there, go figure. Perhaps they were wrong, so far facts say this, but now you know why i would be HAPPY if some marks of intelligent life would be found on Mars. Well, you and a LOT of other people.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

Wow, that is a great picture. Am I right when I estimate the square would be circa 2000mx2000m?

You are right, it would be 2.800 meters approx accross. Hence, your guess is correct.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

That, my friend, is just another piece of the mass of evidence that we have that points towards previous knowledge of Mars and it containing life similar to us.

Little bits of information like this are the seeds that grow into fountains of knowledge for many others. Thanks for posting that info. It's really nice to know.

Something or someone has left behind a lot about themselves on Mars and it is up to us and future people to do our best at unravelling the Mars mystery.

Unlike many myths and legends we have physical evidence.. Our problem is getting our hands on the evidence before someone else decides to blow up certain parts of it as they did with the moon...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Anyone who doubts that there is life on Mars should watch this!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join