It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus A Buddhist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Jesus was an adept in the occult, he learnt many things in Egypt, India, China etc. Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Jesus WAS God in human form, but because He did come the way us pea brained humans thought He should all flashy and sparkly in a smoke and mirrors show, people didn't see him for who He was. He didn't come to impress, He came to so we would know He understood what it was like to be one of us, He came, not to chill with those big wig important people, but to help those who needed him most.
Where was he during those missing years? Helping support his family, being a regular Joe, experiencing life as a human. That's why the people in his home town had the hardest time believing. If that neighbor kid down the road that you used to watch riding bikes, and hired to mow your lawn all of the sudden that average kid started telling people that he was someone special wouldn't it be harder for you to believe than some one you never knew?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted already as I kinda skimmed through the replies but here's a link to a BBC documentary relating to this topic: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by logican]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I recently read Michael Tellinger's book 'Slave Species of god' and there was a chapter devoted to Jesus, and details his time in Tibet. Good read.

www.slavespecies.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The 5th

That's another old lie! Which survives on the tongues of those who really don't know. And it had to originate with the pharisees whom were adepts in the practice of the black arts. That is why the serpent was used in front of them, because it was something they could relate to and be impressed by. But Yeshuas Words meant nothing to them because they had not the character of Yeshua within them! For they were like cain!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

Of course you are unsure. That is no accident. Ever hear of father Alberto Rivera? He is a self confessed sacker of preachers. His job was to set up the good preachers to be removed from the churches!

Had you been taught The Word as it should be taught you would lack no faith, but because you were not and it was done quite subtly not overtly [obvious ] but covertly [ not obvious ] in nature that is how the seeds of doubt are planted.

Anyways Alberto Rivera confessed his sins after realizing the errors of his ways, and went around telling his story. There was a video by a fellow by the name of Jim Arribito who made a video of Alberto Rivera with interviews, it was very good.

Instead of tossing the baby out with the bathwater, maybe you should interview some churches til you find one that answers your questions that satisfy you. It will be a miracle if you find one right away. Only accept invitations from those whom you feel comfortable with and don't be afraid to walk out if you realize later they were not really what you thought they were. That is very hard to do, and is quite a disappointment but it is the only way I know of.

And instead of BIG, think small poor church, who may not have a fancy house of worship but do have real teachings of The Word.

Do they teach chapter by chapter and verse by verse?
Do they teach the OT as well as the NT?
Do they teach about;
the war in heaven.
the world that was, the world that is and the world to come.
that there was no snake or apple in the garden.
what satans plan in the garden was.
what part of satans plan was destroyed in the flood.
do they use a KJV only and reference a concordance in their teachings.
do they teach about the kenites.
do they explain captivity and the different tribes and why they split.

Or do they just put on a show, preach salvation like a broken record and then beg for money?

Real churches don't need to beg for money, you'll feel the desire to give in thanks for teaching Gods Word and be glad you gave too if they are truly teaching His Word.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

Yeah and if you kill yourself, you will get many virgins in your next life.
Oh and it is pleasing to "God" if you kill infidels.
Oh and it is ok to sleep with little girls

The Middle Eastern Muslim faith is an example of what happens when people write an unsuccessful religion. The christian faith is what happens when you write a decently acceptable religion... and the pope is what happens when you need to keep changing the bible for the times.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

These guys are part of the one world system that is to come. It blends in with the save the planet movement that is quite popular now. There will be a one world gov't and religion and people are being prepped for it right now. It's been a slow tedious process over many years to get to where many people are ready for this change, but they haven't got a clue what is truly behind it.

Constance Cumby in The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow touch on this kind of movement and bring to light some of the subtlties of it in her book. She's a lawyer by trade but a lover of Gods Word who was blessed with picking up on this movement and was moved to share what she seen with others who are interested.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

toasted did you know that the serpent was the creator in hopi,incan and many other native American cultures?

Something very unique to Native American Culture... they do not have organized religion... just acceptance that nobody truely knows... to pretend to know so is blasphemy. History isnt written in truth, its written by those who won the wars and were able to hold the pen to write their opinions. Humans are flawed by nature, how do you exspect stories to stay the same over a thousands of years? The anwser? Almost all of the cultures believe that a creator created their ancestors... Many of the religions speak of a serpent... Christians and Jews alike refer to serpents as evil because where they lived snakes were more poisonous than they are elsewhere in the world, not because of truth but because of incidences while co-habitating with them... but yet they still keep the serpent in the religion

I agree with one of the posters... as long as we remain seperate we will never become the human race the creator intended... but yet, all the religions are based on the same things, meditation, love, knowledge, social rules, spiritual building etc... These are the only things that matter... The Christian and Jewish faith alongside the muslim faith are destroying the planet we live on... Because guess what... they are all right. Their religions MUST BE TRUE right?? Of course, and since your Christian you will point out why the others are wrong... instead of focusing on how they are the same.

Well i would rather choose to follow those that speak of peace, and actually follow peace... you should think about that for a while. I was born into a christian family and i could stump my preacher and my teachers as a child, i went to different churches trying to find a more knowledgable "Family"... Truth is... you cannot be knowledgable about truth if you rely on what others tell you. Get ur face out of the bible, follow the teachings of the bible and figure it out for yourself.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

You said :
Two thumbs down for that pathetic vid from the bbc, who are not known for trashy vids like that. If not the bbc then whoever edited it and broadcast it.

I watched about the first 30 seconds and then 'moved on' ... I have seen many pieces like this -- presentations of 'popular' topics dreamed up by the 'marketing guys' and designed only to 'sell soap' ...

The reason I posted it was because the original poster said he was new and I thought I would 'step up' and do the 'yvid' thing ...

These churches would not get good marks from Yeshua who only gave good marks to two churches of the 7 letters to 7 churches. It is even worse today!

A point I often make in these 'religious' threads is that we people have a seemingly unstoppable 'organic need' to anthropomorphize everything.

We 'naturally' assign to God, the 'Universal Mind', the 'Higher Power', whatever you want to call It/Him/Her, 'human qualities' and then continue on to 'decide' what 'God is thinking' or how He/She/It 'feels' about some given issue ...

This is complete and utter infantile nonsense !

The 'truth' is we have absolutely no idea what God is 'thinking' or how He 'feels' about anything !

People, in general, seem totally incapable of 'grokking' this seemingly ( to me, anyway ) 'fundamental principal' ...

Sorry, no offense meant to the poster, I do appreciate seeing it anyways, knowing that the enemy of truth still has not stopped playing mind games with people. I don't get to see propaganda like this too often!!!

It's fine - no offense taken.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is from a book im reading called The Secret Teaching of All Ages, by Manly P. Hall Page 178 Chapter: Mystic Christianity.

There are persistent rumors that Jesus visited and studied in both Greece and India, and that a coin struck in His honor in India during the first century has been discovered. Early Christian records are known to exist in Tibet, and the monks of a Buddhist monastery in Ceylon still preserve a record which indicates that Jesus sojourned with them and became conversant with their philosophy.t
Although early Christianity shows every evidence of Oriental influence, this is a subject the modern church declines to discuss. If it is ever established beyond question that Jesus was an initiate of the pagan Greek or Asiatic Mysteries, the effect upon the more conservative members of the Christian faith is likely to be cataclysmic.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 20/8/2009 by wycky]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

No it's not, and it has nothing to do with the black arts or a black lodge at all. I am not going to but there are many points to reference. A poster a few posts up from this has posted a quote which you may or may not find interesting.

Peace

[edit on 20-8-2009 by The 5th]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by The 5th]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

A one World Government is more likely to come about
sooner in my opinion than a one world religion. Language and
interpetations of faith hinder further advancement in that area.

Governments meet all the time and usually with the aid
of interpreters, to settle trade and human rights issues.
It is blasphemy for many religions to accept the teachings
of each others beliefs. I seldom hear of more than a few
representatives of different religions meeting and trying
to do anything really meaningful

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
"virgins being pregnant" = artificial insemination.
en.wikipedia.org...

"I'm not of this world." - Jesus

Jesus' real name = Yeshua (Joshua in translated english. Jesus is based on the greek - Iesous - "Son of Zeus" and it was a title given to him by the translators of the original documents

a common Jewish personal name, the later form of Heb. Yehoshua (see Joshua).
www.etymonline.com...

Joshua = from Heb. Yehoshua, lit. "the Lord is salvation."
www.etymonline.com...

so if the text says his name was jesus and he told them that when he was there, i'd be suspicious, primarily because the jesus title was given to him 300 years after his death

[edit on 20-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Actually, the teachings attributed to R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir in the 4 'canonical' Greek ('council-approved') gospels represent less than 1% of his total teaching output. Also they are written out in Koine Greek (1st century) and not 'Galilean Aramaic' which would have been the original tongue of the original sayings--probably all ORAL, and thus lost in terms of anything like accuracy

We know that Persia (present day Iran, home of Zoroastrian dualism) had invaded Babylon around 540 BCE (Yahwistic priests were already in Exile in Babylon since at least 587 BCE) and that Persia by 530 BCE had occupied Palestine physically as a Satrapic Colony - for more than 200 years, bringing with them Zoroastrian ideas some of which have certain close parallels with certain teachings of Buddhism, others with the ancient Iranian Fire God religion (Agni, the God of Light) upon which Zoroastrianism is based.

So the teachings of 'Iesous' (R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean) in so far as we can 'reconstruct the pig from some random sausages' in the canonical Greek gospels are (like the Dead Sea Scroll texts) very heavily influenced by Zoroastrian Persian concepts such as the Resurrection fo the Dead, the idea of an Apocalyptic Last Judgment when the Evil will be punished and the Good rewarded (so called End of Days Theology), in the idea of a Satanic type evil less-supreme type being who opposes a 'good' Supreme Being, and in the concept of oppositie-2's aka 'dualism' (e.g. light v. darkness, flesh v. spirit, weak v. powerful, rich v. poor, good v. bad, holy v. unholy, sinners v. holy ones, YHWH v. Belial, jew v. goy, saved v. unsaved, dead v. living, resurrection v. eternal burning &tc.)--and since the publication of so much of the dead sea material, we can see that this 'Iesous' was not alone in these Iranian Zoroastrian Persian influences--they had TOTALLY coloured 2nd Temple Judaeism like wine in water.

However, to say that R. Yehoshua was a 'buddhist' because of some overlap (Buddhism and Zoroastrian teachings have some points in common) in his teachings with other 'northern India eastern Iranian' Zorastrian influences would be stretching the evidence a little thin.

There is however, curiously, in northern India (around Kashmir) some traditions of a St. Yissa (from Yeshua?) who passed through looking to find 'the Elect of the Lost Tribes amongst the House of Yisro'el scattered amongs the Gentiles' in order to 'gather them back to the land of their fathers' (i.e. the role of the Messiah in the Last Days -- which can be dated after AD 40--and there even exists a blue and white (i.e. Daviddic) house acting as a tomb for an executed Rebbe which goes back to the 2nd century AD at least.

Unfortunately texts like the gospel of Thomas are in Coptic translated badly from Greek which was handed down originally 'orally' in Galilean Aramaic so we are 3 steps away from the source material. So very little can be said about how 'accurate' this man's teaching was---unless we can get an Aramaic transcript by a first hand follower---and none of them could read or write (Gailiean fishermen, mostly)...

More's the Pity !

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Hello calihan, the question be not of Jesus of Nazerath being Buddhist, but beith of was he the 'Christ'.

Thank you.

-Psychonaught

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

don't forget either, that for him to have been there speaking with them as himself, he would've had to give them his hebrew name of Yeshua OR did the translation himself, chosen who their representation of EL was (if any) and then posit his divine birth and ancestory in a way they could understand. if he simply said, "hi, my name is jesus" and have them understand, they'd have to speak latin and would immediately understand that he was saying he was a son of zeus lol whether or not they knew who zeus was would be contingent on their level of latin expertise, i suppose

oy.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

but he definitely did say they had it down as jesus christ,

Jesus Christ was not known as Jesus Christ during his times...

his Hebrew name is more closer to yeshua..I believe...which I think translates more closely to Joshua in English

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

but he definitely did say they had it down as jesus christ,

Jesus Christ was not known as Jesus Christ during his times...

his Hebrew name is more closer to yeshua..I believe...which I think translates more closely to Joshua in English

he was written as jesus. i said christ because i wasnt sure if my boyfriend had said they had him written as jesus, as jesus christ, or as jesus of a place called nazareth.

he said one of the three. regardless, the story ties in with many other stories about jesus having traveled to asia

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join