It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus A Buddhist?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Its possible, but sounds like there are a lot of missing gaps in your theory.

For instance, Jesus was exceptionally great in whatever he was doing. I mean, people worship him 2000 years after he died. Scholars say he lived around 30 years. And most of his life he lived in the Middle East as it is registered in the accounts that we have. So, he may have visited India to check out other ways, and it doesn't seem like he spent a long time there to actually absorb the Buddhist teachings. I doubt that he just learned buddhism in a few days and started practicing it perfectly just because of what he learned. I'm not a christian, but I believe Jesus was special. Not because he learned to be special, but because he was born to be special. He had his own ways, independent of any other pre-existing ideas and methods. He may have gathered information and glanced at other pre-existing methods just to make him realize how special he was and how he already had everything he needed.

Thats what I think at least.

And maybe the Jesus of India was just another Jesus.
It would be interesting to read references to this Jesus of India and compare it to the Jesus of Christianity.

what about the supposed 14 year or however long it was period when he went missing ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

oooo isha... that makes sense! kinda.
ish is a "title" given to "men" and "women" in the old testament that were not quite human, in fact they were nephilim -- the human hybrid offspring of the gods. only problems there are, 1) it's a descriptive not his actual name...it's like him going around telling people his name is "son of god" and 2) it was usually a title of derision in the old testament texts and was only applied to women and men who were "not quite human".

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
footnote: with the exception of the word wife, which was always ishah in the torah. . no idea why but it starts with references to eve as wife (ishah) ... she was adam's wife. and adam was human. so why she would be the first to have the title is beyond me, unless it's suggesting eve wasn't fully human. how that's possible when she was created from adam's dna, is beyond me. also strong's lexicon lists it like this:

Result of search for "ish":
191 'eviyl ev-eel' (is it just me or does that look like "evil"?)

the indication seems to be that an ish is deformed or malfunctional in some way (perverse, silly, foolish, adulterous, etc, although adulterous and wife both shared the same word, which is weird) as a result of corrupt divine lineage and therefore not fully human or good, for that matter. but that's not the case for yeshua, so how he ends up with the isha moniquer in muslim, hindu and buddhist texts, is odd. only explanation is that it describes him as a son of god in agreement with his own statements about himself. the argument then being how does he end up with the derogatory isha title from the other people unless they didn't view divine "nephilim" lineage in the same way as the hebrews did or realized he wasn't a normal nephilim in the broader sense of the word?

[edit on 20-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The 5th

Tell me something 5th.

Why would the Creator need to practice black magic?

Why would the Creator attend all those places?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
[quote
and I quote:

"oh im not offended at all! i welcome criticism as it makes posts more interesting and debate is always a good thing.

just wanted to make the story a little more clear because i think i may have worded it strangely "

Didn't respond to my criticism did you? I think you are out of order saying that no religious people practice peace.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Circle]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

" toasted did you know that the serpent was the creator in hopi,incan and many other native American cultures? "

Yes.

Have you ever looked up serpent in a concordance and lexicon and also look at the root word it came from?

Serpent=5175 nachash naw-khawsh'
[ Strong's H5175 - nachash
nä•khäsh' (Key)
masculine noun ]

from 5172; a snake (from its hiss):--serpent.

5172 root;

5172 nachash naw-khash' a primitive root; properly, to hiss, i.e. whisper a (magic) spell; generally, to prognosticate:--X certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) X enchantment, learn by experience, X indeed, diligently observe.

1) to practice divination, divine, observe signs, learn by experience, diligently observe, practice fortunetelling, take as an omen

a) (Piel)
1) to practice divination
2) to observe the signs or omens

1) serpent, snake
a) serpent
b) image (of serpent)
c) fleeing serpent (mythological)

===========

5173;

1) divination, enchantment

Ever study Biblical phrases? [ if you want a deep understanding you have to know this stuff ]

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_6

--------------------

The Bible is in english, but english is written as greeks think, but it is translated from Hebrew. And in Hebrew they think about things differently.
So our Bible translation is a poetic expression of YHVHs Word, just as He wanted it to be. He wanted people to earn the deeper understanding and not hand it over on a silver platter for folks.

If it wasn't EXACTLY as YHVH wanted it, then the Infinity code would not work;

www.youtube.com...

----

What's my point?

That the serpent was satan, an enchanter, a speaker of spells that practiced divination....the term was describing his nature, that later was able to utterly seduce eve!!!! It was a figure of speech!!!! But it sure has blossomed into quite a tale.

I think perhaps the hopi may have been imitating leftovers from when the Hebrews and Egyptians and Libyans were here in north america carving their language in stone. The Los Luna decalogue stone in new mexico has the Ten Commandments carved in it and these folks were here about 1000B.C.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250803986&sr=1-1

I hope you find this interesting....

[edit on 20-8-2009 by toasted]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A person very close to me told me she saw the grave of Issa in Ladakh, India.

Another person close to me told me that Tibetan Buddhism and Christianity are very closely related because they were indeed taught by the same being. He said it was the being who has reincarnated as the present day Dalai Lama, was the primary pupil of the man they knew as Issa.

He stayed and reincarnated in the Himalayas, teaching the people there, teaching them how to consciously reincarnate, and how to recognise each other lifetime after lifetime..

..And so on until the present day, when the final incarnation landed in California. The Incarnation before this one was of the mysterious Tibetan, D.K., who was the telepathic source of Madame Blavatsky, Alice Bailey, et al.

So I have heard the same thing as your boyfriend, yes.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The stories of St. Issa are fascinating, but i believe that there is no original evidence of the texts. My understanding is that they were destroyed before they could be validated (if they really existed).

I am not aware of any other texts. But i believe the Issa stories to be true. The teachings of Jesus (once you cut through the church dogma) represent a buddhism that was formulated to be digestible to the Jews.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

yeah something fishy about the story. not saying they didn't meet someone named jesus, afterall, zeus had a lot of sons, i mean look at all his wives

It is funny you should say this...there is actually a point of contention that seems to have been forgotten over the last 3/4 century.

In an effort to solve some of the problems arising from any attempt to chronicle accurately the life of Jesus, it has been suggested that there may have lived in Syria at that time two or more religious teachers bearing the name Jesus, Jehoshua or Joshua, and that the lives of these men may have been confused in the Gospel stories. In his Secret Sects of Syria and the Lebanon, Bernard H. Springett, a Masonic author, quotes from an early book, the name of which he was not at liberty to disclose because of its connection with the ritual of a sect. The last part of his quotation is germane to the subject at hand:

"But Jehovah prospered the seed of the Essenians, in holiness and love, for many generations. Then came the chief of the angels, according to the commandment of GOD, to raise up an heir to the Voice of Jehovah. And, in four generations more, an heir was born, and named Joshua, and he was the child of Joseph and Mara, devout worshippers of Jehovah, who stood aloof from all other people save the Essenians. And this Joshua, in Nazareth, reestablished Jehovah, and restored many of the lost rites and ceremonies. In the thirty-sixth year of his age he was stoned to death in Jerusalem * * *"

In the very next paragraph:

Within the last century several books have been published to supplement the meager descriptions in the Gospels of Jesus and His ministry. In some instances these narratives claim to be founded upon early manuscripts recently discovered; in others, upon direct spiritual revelation. Some of these writings are highly plausible, while others are incredible. There are persistent rumors that Jesus visited and studied in both Greece and India, and that a coin struck in His honor in India during the first century has been discovered. Early Christian records are known to exist in Tibet, and the monks of a Buddhist monastery in Ceylon still preserve a record which indicates that Jesus sojourned with them and became conversant with their philosophy.

"Christian Mysteries" by Manly Hall.

The story of Jesus has been so trodden over so many times, by so many people, that it is very hard to know who the man really was. He was a sensation in his own time (or shortly thereafter), just imagine the confusion that could ahve resulted from it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

he also says that he's the stone the builders rejected and he has become the capstone. now i know that's gotta be a reference to the stone masons that built the great pyramid. and since he was talking to the jews when he said it, it's highly significant evidence of their presence in egypt. he knew they were the stone masons who built the pyramids. that's a really remarkable verse. it's in mark 12 verse 9 or thereabouts. so you wanna know about him? i think you already do but you just don't realize it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

yeah it always makes me laugh how the teachings of jesus are so very different from religious people you meet today. they do not practice any of his teachings, really.

they judge others who dont believe the same as they do, they dont love their neighbor, they dont practice peace in a meaningful way...

i just dont see how they took something like the bible that couldve been a great tool for the world and turned it into something hideous.

The bible has been bastardized so many times, however, it is ironic that people who follow the bible hardcore, are usually the extremists, with hateful and prejudiced perspectives.

Edit: (Bastardized definition: bas·tard·ize (bstr-dz)
tr.v. bas·tard·ized, bas·tard·iz·ing, bas·tard·iz·es
1. To lower in quality or character; debase.)

[edit on 20-8-2009 by TSer78]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

he also says that he's the stone the builders rejected and he has become the capstone.

This is from an old testament quote, and may not necessarily be a reference to masons. It's in a passover song i used to sing when I was a kid, and a part of a hymn we sang in synagogue. The words always stuck with me, the phrase at the end of the sentence meaning capstone was "Rosh Pina", literally Head Stone.

Regarding Issa, there is, I've been told, a book that was in possession of the Dalai Lama, that has been in existence for 2000 years, that chronicles the teachings of Issa. This book was presented to the US government in 1947 by a delegation of Tibetans. There was a move to incarnate the teacher in the early 50's, in america, along with all His students. The book was dated and verified as to the age, text style etc.

Apparently, Elisabeth Clare Prophet has published extracts of the Book of Issa.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

There is an esoteric belief that the capstone was never put in place on the Pyramid, as the Pyramid was meant to represent man (or humans), with the final "pinnacle" missing (as we are still base creatures with lusts and greed, or lower forms of expression).

I am unsure if the capstone ever was fitted in place, but have seen claims that the finishing on the top of the GP is not indicative of having ever had a capstone. Perhaps someone here who is more versed than myself in GP lore would have something to add.

I believe that it is possible that the great builders of Egypt were Jews. Maybe not the Jews as a group, but individually. I think when Moses was in the desert he had with him several members of the Egyptian Mysteries, and it is very likely that Moses was himself from the upper echelon of the Egyptian Mysteries. The obvious capabilities of the Jewish people after the exodus (Solomon's temple was reputed to be covered in gold, silver, and gems that he personally transmuted).

Regardless, the reference to the "stone that was rejected" (especially being coupled with "I have become the capstone") seems an obvious reference to him being representative of the next level of man.

I think, as well, that the many references we see to Jesus being "of the order of Melchelzidek" indicates that Jesus was not "the capstone" in a literal sense of the word "the", but was rather "representative of man with the capstone in place".

What do you mean "so you wanna know about him"?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

you said

The story of Jesus has been so trodden over so many times, by so many people, that it is very hard to know who the man really was.

so i was assuming you knew enough about stone masonry to know the answer to that.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Hi Calihan, as far as I can tell the story was verified that Nicholas Notovich did go and visit the monastary and India as well as those who went to fill the gaps after him and confirm this story.

This thread should help you out with your research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well...i know a few versions about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

cool. you should elaborate!
you can do so in my stargates thread if'n ya want!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i rad that many doaists believe jesus, buddha and all them are just one person who was fully aware. They called him Loa-Tzu.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

heres an interesting fact to ponder. .

my boyfriend lived in india for a year, and met a lot of people, including religious figures.

he went to a temple in the mountains in india where they have records of a man by the name of jesus (obviously this was back when he would have been alive) who came through with a few people and said he was on a conquest and wanted to learn about the buddhist ways from a buddhist monk.

They have a recordbook of it, dating all the way back to the time jesus was supposedly alive.

if this is true... which i honestly believe it makes a lot of sense... then theres the answers to all your questions. Was he the son of god? No. Did he bring about new views of life and religion to a place that never heard them before? Yes. Therefor, he was seen in a different light.

Does reading Mein Kampf make one a Nazi?

Does visiting Italy make one Italian?

I don't doubt they have something written down if in fact He was there!

But Yeshua [ Emmanuel/God with us ] was never a buddhist, because He is the same yesterday today and tomorrow and I firmly believe if He was really there, then He was just simply visiting His Creations.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Hi Calihan,
thinking a little more about your question; I am thinking that this may answer it maybe??!!

Maybe you should be asking: WAS JESUS A BUDDHA?
Buddha being a collective word meaning enlightened master; there have been many Buddha's.
So too Jesus, was an Aramaic word for Saviour; not his actual name- thats the quandery- there have been many saviours also.

Hope this leads you to answers.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join