It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by Bombeni

BUT thats the thing its not about being obedient. Its about WANTING to do the right thing because its part of your characters, your nature. Its not about subduing yourself and making yourself do something. Its because you truely believe it is the right thing to do.

That is why we are here, to grow to the likeness of God. Yes our souls are in his image, but we are a long way off his perfection.

Part of why I know it is the right thing is because of what Jesus, the Son of God, God in the flesh, taught during His ministry on earth. In fact SO many people believed that what He taught was the right thing that even the Romans became Christians, in fact became the largest Christian organization ever on the face of the earth.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It is the nonbelievers who are brainwashed. They rely solely on scientific proof

Dude, I just so happen to not believe in the existence of Leprechauns. Can you explain how, because of this I'm brainwashed ?

Yes indeed, a reasonable thinking human being would be somewhat reliant upon proof for the existence of leprechauns.

May I assume that, as you do not require evidence that you believe in leprechauns ?

Leprechauns have been written about for a very long time by your standard of reason they must be real ?

Why do you counter a logical argument "Science" with an illogical rebuttal "Heart washing ".

You appear to be mocking science, yet it was science that made the observation that contrary to what your god has to say, the earth in fact goes around the sun not the opposite.

It is the same scientific method that fails to find proof of your god that proved "beyond reasonable doubt" that the sun is the center of our solar system and not the earth.

when you visit a doctor it is the same scientific method showed these doctors that bacteria and viruses were the cause of your illness not demons .

Are you honestly implying that tamiflu should be replaced by an antidemon drug ?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Chick, has the world claimed leprechauns can save your soul? Or how about reptilians? Talk about comparing apples to oranges.

Look chick, even the Romans, the people who controlled the ENTIRE WORLD, bowed to the teaching of Jesus Christ and realized that "Moses's God truly IS God" --- please, don't insult me by comparing The Lamb who takes away the sins of the world with a leprechaun. I implore you to act your age not your shoe size.

DID A LEPRECHAUN DIE FOR YOU?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Bombeni

It is the nonbelievers who are brainwashed. They rely solely on scientific proof

Dude, I just so happen to not believe in the existence of Leprechauns. Can you explain how, because of this I'm brainwashed ?

Yes indeed, a reasonable thinking human being would be somewhat reliant upon proof for the existence of leprechauns.

May I assume that, as you do not require evidence that you believe in leprechauns ?

Leprechauns have been written about for a very long time by your standard of reason they must be real ?

Why do you counter a logical argument "Science" with an illogical rebuttal "Heart washing ".

You appear to be mocking science, yet it was science that made the observation that contrary to what your god has to say, the earth in fact goes around the sun not the opposite.

It is the same scientific method that fails to find proof of your god that proved "beyond reasonable doubt" that the sun is the center of our solar system and not the earth.

when you visit a doctor it is the same scientific method showed these doctors that bacteria and viruses were the cause of your illness not demons .

Are you honestly implying that tamiflu should be replaced by an antidemon drug ?

Hi Moocowman! *waves*

Nice to see you again.

So what if I said that I believed in Leprechauns because they are so historically documented? Maybe they had a Leprechaun war over a pot o' gold and killed each other off? Or maybe they were highly susceptible to the whine flooo and all died off?

Troy was a myth until Schliemann dug it up.

What if Leprechauns were victims of Christian genocide because they were nature lovers? I mean, as dastardly as those Christians are they may have killed off every last gold-loving Leprechaun!

*does a little jaunty dance*

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

What if Leprechauns were victims of Christian genocide because they were nature lovers? I mean, as dastardly as those Christians are they may have killed off every last gold-loving Leprechaun!

Star for humor and imagination

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lois

Lois, did you check out the Sample Chapters i linked on page 34
of this post?
Let me know what you think.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

please, don't insult me by comparing The Lamb who takes away the sins of the world with a leprechaun. I implore you to act your age not your shoe size. DID A LEPRECHAUN DIE FOR YOU?

You claim an invisible mans' son who happens to be one and the same being did, without proof of this.

My friend the leprachaun pastor also claims this, both of you read it in a book written by authors unknown and my friend has exactly the same amount of proof that you do IE zero.

Needless to say history has shown, that the leprechaun cult did not go around torturing people to convince them to believ in leprechauns, otherwise they would obviously have a far bigger fan base than today.

There's approximately 1.3 Billion people that (claim) believe what you do and around 5 billion that don't, a fraction of this worship the leprechaun, why is your invisible man delusion more valid than my friends leprechaun delusion ?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hey. I had a vision. No joke. I told one of the other posters about it in a U2U, but it was a total full-on vision that almost seemed like the Yeti Song from Mighty Boosh.

*does another jaunty dance*

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Hey. I had a vision. No joke. I told one of the other posters about it in a U2U, but it was a total full-on vision that almost seemed like the Yeti Song from Mighty Boosh.

*does another jaunty dance*

Go on I'm game let's hear it. By the way what's the rock in your avatar can't see it proper.

Looks like an inverted fish topped by a star of david topped again by the tree of life chackra thingy ?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Okay, but no judgments. Let's just say I followed my old friend Alice down the rabbit hole...

Before visiting with G-D I happened by a friend of mine's house. I saw them playing video games on their computer and noticed their kids watching a DVD. I saw their clothing and how my friend was wearing her hair.

Then I heard what I felt was Jesus say in tones as opposed to words to follow him and that everything was okay. So my fear left and I wooooshed into a vision of the universe being "specks" or pixels in a eternal/internal fashion. I saw that we choose somehow to create what we think of as reality out of boredom of timelessness, that it gives us something to do. There is only goodness in G-D, but we choose to get a little messy, but then we ultimately come back to G-D like a child would a parent after playing in the mud.

Other stuff happened, then I wooshed back and was up and out of the rabbit hole. It is still difficult to explain the concepts because it is simple, very simple but it seems like its not simple for some reason so you sound like an eedgit explaining it.

Anyway, as I pulled myself from the rabbit hole I called my friend and asked what she was wearing and how was her hair. BINGO! Totally correct.

Now, you can call me a liar and blame it on that daggone Alice, but I know what I know and it makes me dance a jaunty little dance.

*dances*

Yes, I know it cuts off the symbol, but I tried making it smaller and you couldn't see anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I saw that we choose somehow to create what we think of as reality

Didn't the jesus character describe this ?

"Faith the size of a mustard seed" He would appear to be saying here "Hey stupid you either have faith or you don't, truly believing something very insignificant and small is no different to believing something really big "

If you prayed and asked jesus to heal your rash and he did, then all you have to do is exchange rash for amputated limb, the result will be the same unless you don't believe it will.

If over 1 billion people expect,war, death,destruction and fear, must abound before their Messiah returns. Guess what their going to get whether the dude returns or not ?

It would appear that your vision exists in your reality but as there would appear to be no reality anyway, then it doesn't really matter.

Why do you spell god as G_D ? This is one of the weirdest things I've come across. If yahweh jesus, zeus are real do you not think they would know who you are referring to ?

You realist of course, that it's incredibly difficult to not think God while writing G_d so where's the point ?

If your discussing yahweh jesus, zeus or Mithra why not use one of these titles so we can know what your talking about ?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
it's not because the romans took over christianity,
that they took the right version.

it's not because god (maybe for some) does exsist,
your version is truth, the christian church is divided for something
maybe because they do'n understand it ?
why ? because they do not see their goal.
their goal is avoiding hell or loving god ?
selfishness or accepting ?

it's not because people can not see god
that they are not believers

it's not because you don't see the full logic of god
he doesn't exsist

it's not because jesus preached something
by taking the interpretation that is not completed in you,
that you are in salvation, you are not

it's not because you know you can't proof jesus exsisted
he wasn't there
it's not because you can't proove your visions
they weren't there
it's not because you had a vision
it proofs your truth, maybe it's an invitation to understand it
with logic, instead of confirming visions without understanding
every religion has its own visions, they ask to be explained,
not confirmed in observation
it's not because you have two eyes
you really see, it's observation

it's not because skepticism releases you of 'gods' truth
it really does, proably you're under struggle to find
truth, if god exsist he is truth, so you are searching him

and who told us that god to be true he has to be truth ?
jesus.

so if we search truth, we search god, if he exsist.
but truth is free of itself on the highest level,
it means truth has to be free to be truth,
or it is a slave of a higher truth.
there truth, logic and god come together as one in one.

so maybe jesus wasn't that crazy afterall,
but maybe religions do not get him in theory.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Many Jews never say the name "God" nor do they ever fully write out the name of the Holy One so it is written "G-D".

This is out of respect and also fear of committing blasphemy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
yeah, true, also because they did not comprehend,
in their scriptures is written,

god is one, and nothing exsist outside him,
if he is everything, how do you name an everything
you do not understand and know to be all powerfull ?

but now 4000 years further, we grew towards him,
so we can just say truth or one or everything,
or jesus as long we know the symbolname jesus
means one with god, so one with truth, so when
1 = 1 the we can call jesus 1 instead of jesus,
it would be the same name, oh, that's the name
mohammed also gave us..god is one.

is truth one ? absolute truth ? is it one ?
or can truth the highest one,be divided ?

so a searching atheist, what is he searching ?
the divided truth or the absolute truth ?
so he is a believer ?

[edit on 2-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TangoVooDoo
Many Jews never say the name "God" nor do they ever fully write out the name of the Holy One so it is written "G-D".

Kind of ridiculous when you think of it,
I'm now writing a letter about my dog and as hard as I try I cannot avoid thinking the letters "D" "O" "G" when I type d_g.

My d_g reads the letter "Dear D_g -----" and also reads my mind (my d_g can read all minds he's omniscient) he knows I'm talking about him and writing about him and observes that I have misspelled his name.

My d_g is also omnibenevolent so is totally perplexed as to why I would think I could possibly offend him by thinking about him.

My d_g conclude that I must be suffering the same illness as the artist formerly know as "Prince" (a d_gs name no less) in that a person can somehow trick themselves into thinking about a squiggle instead of him.

What is it with religious people, why do they adopt such lunacy do you think ?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
because their misunderstandings bring them to breakpunt,
it breakes them, and when they break, the world evolves,
when something bad breaks, when it's breaks free in flow,
as crazy, people will react, and the world evolves.

in other words, what they do is not always bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TangoVooDoo

Kind of ridiculous when you think of it,
I'm now writing a letter about my dog and as hard as I try I cannot avoid thinking the letters "D" "O" "G" when I type d_g.

My d_g reads the letter "Dear D_g -----" and also reads my mind (my d_g can read all minds he's omniscient) he knows I'm talking about him and writing about him and observes that I have misspelled his name.

My d_g is also omnibenevolent so is totally perplexed as to why I would think I could possibly offend him by thinking about him.

My d_g conclude that I must be suffering the same illness as the artist formerly know as "Prince" (a d_gs name no less) in that a person can somehow trick themselves into thinking about a squiggle instead of him.

What is it with religious people, why do they adopt such lunacy do you think ?

Because if they were unbelievers they would be morons. It might be that it's the lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Moocow!

I hadn't realized that you wrote me back.

I saw that we choose somehow to create what we think of as reality

Didn't the jesus character describe this ?

"Faith the size of a mustard seed" He would appear to be saying here "Hey stupid you either have faith or you don't, truly believing something very insignificant and small is no different to believing something really big "

If you prayed and asked jesus to heal your rash and he did, then all you have to do is exchange rash for amputated limb, the result will be the same unless you don't believe it will.

If over 1 billion people expect,war, death,destruction and fear, must abound before their Messiah returns. Guess what their going to get whether the dude returns or not ?

Well, it is really hard to describe in a post, and rather personal, as well, but...

Yes? I agree?

It would appear that your vision exists in your reality but as there would appear to be no reality anyway, then it doesn't really matter.

Reality is everything--meaning it exists. However, according to my revelation, this physical world with limitations is something you create. The physical world is clothing, your naked body is the spirit world. Some spirits (as they are unique) find the limitlessness of the universe as offputting as wind upon a naked body--not just the vulnerability, but the limitlessness of our ability is too much for sentience so the reality becomes necessary to focus and feel more comfortable.

I had a choice to stay in the rabbit hole and I knew I could have stayed much longer had I wanted in that dimension, but I would still have come back to where I left the form in this time.

You will probably think I am full of blarney or that the rabbit hole made me think I had this vision, but... there were things that happened that proved to me that it was not a story, or dream, but a revelation.

Why do you spell god as G_D ? This is one of the weirdest things I've come across. If yahweh jesus, zeus are real do you not think they would know who you are referring to ?

Out of respect. I do not wish to take a limitless, capable, powerful, benevolent, and generous being and define it by man-made terms.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Let me ask you this.....Duality or nonduality?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
just seeing if this works... got my first high tech phone! thanks science lol!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join