It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasttheclouds

you are right,
i can't do it for you.

if you take 5 minutes
you can see behind my not native english
and try to find some coherence
because i can not do it for you

im sorry.

I hope between the 2 of us we can help Bluebelle.
She has an open mind and spirit.
I wish her well.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

i wish her well too

i wish everybody would see how logic prooves itself as one
so that we can start loving

but the truth is,
we have to hate before we love

if everything is one, then one is responsible for the mess we had for
thousands of years, thats not easy truth

that's the hard and not sympathic truth

which most people avoid.
but if we care, we understand more, and that's forgiveness

the gospel is growth.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

"Where is your God?"

Out of the numerous definitions out there of what God is I will say God/Creator/Creators do exist just not in the way man realizes. It's such a complex equation to define/understand how it all works that it couldn't even be touched on or fully comprehended in this dimension mostly due to the nature and geometry of what is behind this material world/dimension and the finite human mind of understanding.

So for me personally my God is staying positive in all things and doing the right things until the day I reach much higher dimensions which will bring much higher understanding of that word we use God.

Love and Peace,
ET_MAN

[edit on 29-8-2009 by ET_MAN]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasttheclouds
reply to post by Bluebelle

you said:

Once again, not trying to be difficult!... Why turn a blind eye to certain parts of the bible then? Surely if the bible is what God wanted to be communicated to the rest of the world then people shouldnt really be picking and choosing which bits they want to follow?

REPLY if you follow the bible as one piece, coherent
then it is clear you can not understand it before you choose
which truth you follow in it, people died for truth, without ever seeing it
and you expect me to be coherent without you doing the effort to read it ?

ill try again,
religions chose a god,
but it is not the truth because they think it is...

or your god is one = blessing
or your god is divided, and goes against its own truth = curse

torah is divided in 2 parts, blessing or curse
we can choose, most religions chose the divided god.

god is easy, but it is this that makes it difficult for us,
we are trained in making it difficult, when it is easy.

who told us truth is difficult, god is difficult ?
if god is truth , which he is, then he is logic,
and logic is something you can write down,
but it will be easy and looks stupid for most people

I didnt mean any offence... there just seems to be an awful lot of people who post rambling messages that dont seem to have been pieced together in any sort of logical order. This one's easier to understand, so yea, if you can be coherant in your replies then you should be.

I dont think God and the whole concept of God is logical in the slightest... And what you're saying about which truth you choose to follow.. does that mean that all thats in the bible isnt the truth?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i believe 'all' in the bible is truth

or most of it ,
but was it translated right ?
nope, it wasn't.
and was it understood right ?
nope it wasn't either.

BUT

i did not find it because of the bible
i find it in logic
and then you start to see that the holy books,
also the quran
follow the logic of one truth

not the other way around

even jesus said 'test all things' and 'do not think salvation is in scripture'

it means forget the bible,
live from care
and care will make you understand a bit more
of the oneness we are
it is growth

jesus said ' i am the way, truth, life'
it means when you search one of those
you are a believer

it has nothing to do with religion

if you care, you make that other thing a part of you
by understanding, = forgiveness

logic is always one, there is always one absolute truth
containing lesser truths...that is pure logic
so if truth is one, then all other truths follow from this truth.

but to find the whole truth, you have to pass the lesser
truths, and that's why believers make mistakes,
because they care.... jesus said im here for the lost sheep,
and every human before reaching oneness has doubts,
all of them...always.

i'm not offended, sometimes i get tired, thats it

just be honest, even if you offend me,
you can not learn truth if you follow others,
it is your way.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I'll take a look at it.

Thing is with near death experiences... whats the point in them? If you arent meant to die at that point in time then whats the need in having a life review & being shown round heaven etc? And leading on from that, we get reincarnated to learn something or complete a mission, and we choose not to remember being reincarnated.. so why randomly have a time out in heaven to check how you're doing and then remember it when you wake up? Why are some people given a helping hand being told what they're supposed to be doing and not others?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
everybody gets a helping hand,
but it comes by your own choice.
a manifestation is not salvation, it only looks like that.

those things helped to build up logic.
the paradox of god = lucifer = logic thinks it has to be logic = not free

all those little things helped to build this paradox..

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by moocowman

yahweh is elohiym.

elohiym (plural) is EL (singular)

EL is IL (just look up the akkadian for babEL..it's bab-ILU. cause IL is EL
)

IL is LIL

who is Enlil.

So yahweh as EL, predated akhetaten.

yahweh is same as jehovah.

jehovah is same as yahweh.

LOL You know we're now going to take the scenic route to sumer don't you, I'm ok about it, as I find you're propositions interesting and not without merit. I dare say that Totakekekkke dude will likely not want to go camping with us lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

I'll take a look at it.

Thing is with near death experiences... whats the point in them? If you arent meant to die at that point in time then whats the need in having a life review & being shown round heaven etc? And leading on from that, we get reincarnated to learn something or complete a mission, and we choose not to remember being reincarnated.. so why randomly have a time out in heaven to check how you're doing and then remember it when you wake up? Why are some people given a helping hand being told what they're supposed to be doing and not others?

Believe it or not Bluebelle. Bettie Eadie was EXACTLY like you!
Just full of questions. Just like your questions. She asked so many questions
that Jesus laughed and said "Slow down. You can learn everything."
Being shown around heaven.....that's an opportunity for growth.
She brought those facts back with her to Earth so that we can grow
also.
As far as remembering, when we are born a "veil of forgetfulness"
is placed over us. If we remembered heaven it would interfere with
our mission.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

"we have to hate before we love?"
This was explained to Bettie in heaven.
It was one of her 3,000 questions.

She was told that "Before we can feel joy, we must first know sorrow."

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

found this website a few years ago, where the gentleman was trying to prove that Al'lah was not Jehovah. His rationale was that
AL was IL
who was LIL
who was Enlil and that
Enlil was a pagan god and that
EL was never IL or LIL and therefore
was never AL or ENLIL either.

He missed a few things.

How I found out was interesting. I was doing comparative analysis of the mesopotamian gods and stumbled upon the Bel and Ba'al guys. I thought, now if EL is not AL, these two guys must be different. So off i went in search of someone who knew the languages. Sent him an email asking "are Bel and Ba'al the same god?" (technically speaking, Ba'al meant LORD and was a title of nobility as well as a title of divinity).

He sent me back the most interesting email that basically said that it was the same word. it didn't necessarily represent the same ideal of god for the area in which each was used but meant the same "generic" thing... et.al, a word that indicates divinity in a general sense. an all purpose "god" word. the two areas in which the word form was used, were both alluding to the same word but applying it differently (one was a storm god and the other a sun god and so on (ba'al many god titles)..

the word ba'al was a precursor, like LORD can be title rather than an actual name., in much the same way as one hindu god is not the same as another hindu god but both are still called "god" for general purposes in the english language.

at this juncture i went in search of why there was a BA at the beginning, since I had the data that the AL word was EL was IL was LIL was ENLIL. It was then i realized that the BA seemed to be an attribution to the god of the abzu, god of the abyss, god of water, none other than ENKI (EA).

ENKI's various titles were any mesopotamian god word preceeded (prefixed) by a "B" or a "BA" (to name a few). He was both Bel and Ba'al but he was not EL or AL. clearly the LIL word was the root of this and was the source of the god word used .. et.al.. Water god = Bel, for example, which is not EL as the god of the sky but Bel as the god of the abyss.

Somebody tinkered with the Enlil and Enki data too.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
NOTE, SEE ABOVE POST. NECESSARY information.

here's the linguist's response on the question of "are bel and ba'al the same god?"

Bel is Baal because (1) Baal was rendered into Greek as Bel (the "e" being the long "e" - the "eta" in Greek - as opposed to the short "e" the epsilon); and (2) When the Greek spelling was transliterated into English (when various texts from the ancient world got translated), the transliteration was "Bel" since English transliteration doesn't distinguish between the short and long "e" of Greek. A scholar would use diacritical marks to distinguish them, but translations of these texts were meant for the wider English reading audience, who could care less about such precision (and it was easier to typeset too).

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Another thing I dont understand, regarding the ten commandments - 'You shall have no other gods before me' (or something to that effect). Doesnt that one seem a little dodgy? Does that mean there are other Gods?

“You shall have no other gods before me.” This command is against worshipping any god other than the one true God. All other gods are false gods. www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Totakeke

It just means that you shouldn't worship anyone or anything else except the one true God.

Clearly the bit about "No other Gods" went right over your head.

Whether you like it or not the evidence for "very real" gods (in your paradigm that is) is right there in the old testaments.

Elohim is plural for god which is discussed in genesis, this is not a reference to angels or fairies saints or leprechauns it is a reference to Gods.

Whether the Elohim were the good guys is immaterial in this discussion as the fact remains that Yahweh was/is clearly jealous of something.

Given the fact that the earliest recorded incident of monotheism occurred at Akhetaten much earlier than the introduction to Yahwhe, and that prior to this a pantheon of gods existed around the world. We can see why yahweh would be jealous (although an omnibenevolent deity and jealousy appear to be an oxymoron) as there were plenty of other gods being worshiped before yahwheh came on the seen.

If you claim that Yahwhe existed prior to these other gods then pleas provide evidence, there is ample evidence of Hathor for example, etched into the temple walls in Egypt but nothing "anywhere" in relation to Yahweh.

Now you can't go around claiming that these other gods were not real, as you can no more prove this than you can that Yahweh was real.

You see, there is no evidence for the reality of any of these deities including Yahwhe, but ample evidence to show that gods like Osiris were about well before Yahweh turns up in the much later Hebrew scriptures.

It is an insult to human intelligence to claim that your god is "real" and someone else s' is not, when you have no evidence of the reality of your own god.

All pixies wear sombreros, I know this because I read it in the book of pixies which is true it says so in the book. My friend once met a fairy but the fairy told him that pixies are imaginary, needless to say he claims to be right as he actually met a fairy, but neither of us have met a pixie.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by moocowman]

Question: "What are the different names of God and what do they mean?"

Answer: Each of the many names of God describes a different aspect of His many-faceted character. Here are some of the better known names of God in the Bible:

EL, ELOAH: God "mighty, strong, prominent" (Genesis 7:1; Isaiah 9:6) – Etymologically, El appears to mean power, as in “I have the power to harm you” (Genesis 31:29). El is associated with other qualities, such as integrity (Numbers 23:19), jealousy (Deuteronomy 5:9), and compassion (Nehemiah 9:31), but the root idea of might remains.

ELOHIM: God “Creator, Mighty and Strong” (Genesis 17:7; Jeremiah 31:33) – The plural form of Eloah, which is accommodating of the doctrine of the Trinity. From the Bible’s first sentence, the superlative nature of God’s power is evident as God (Elohim) speaks the world into existence (Genesis 1:1).

EL SHADDAI: “God Almighty,” “The Mighty One of Jacob” (Genesis 49:24; Psalm 132:2,5) – Speaks to God’s ultimate power over all.

ADONAI: “Lord” (Genesis 15:2; Judges 6:15) – Used in place of YHWH, which was thought by the Jews to be too sacred to be uttered by sinful men. In the Old Testament, YHWH is more often used in God’s dealings with His people, while Adonai is used more when He deals with the Gentiles.

YHWH / YAHWEH / JEHOVAH: “LORD” (Deuteronomy 6:4; Daniel 9:14) – Strictly speaking, the only proper name for God. Translated in English Bibles “LORD” (all capitals) to distinguish it from Adonai “Lord.” The revelation of the name is first given to Moses “I Am who I Am” (Exodus 3:14). This name specifies an immediacy, a presence. Yahweh is present, accessible, near to those who call on Him for deliverance (Psalm 107:13), forgiveness (Psalm 25:11) and guidance (Psalm 31:3).

YAHWEH-JIREH: "The Lord will Provide" (Genesis 22:14) – The name memorialized by Abraham when God provided the ram to be sacrificed in place of Isaac.

YAHWEH-RAPHA: "The Lord Who Heals" (Exodus 15:26) – “I am Jehovah who heals you” both in body and soul. In body, by preserving from diseases, and by curing them when afflicted with them and in soul, by pardoning their iniquities.

YAHWEH-NISSI: "The Lord Our Banner" (Exodus 17:15), where banner is understood to be a rallying place. This name commemorates the desert victory over the Amalekites in Exodus 17.

YAHWEH-M'KADDESH: "The Lord Who Sanctifies, Makes Holy" (Leviticus 20:8; Ezekiel 37:28) – God makes it clear that He alone, not the law, could cleanse His people and make them holy.

YAHWEH-SHALOM: "The Lord Our Peace" (Judges 6:24) – The name given by Gideon to the altar he built after the Angel of the Lord assured him he would not die as he thought he would after seeing Him.

YAHWEH-ELOHIM: "LORD God" (Genesis 2:4; Psalm 59:5) – Combination of God’s unique name YHWH and the generic “Lord,” signifying that He is the Lord of Lords.

YAHWEH-TSIDKENU: "The Lord Our Righteousness” (Jeremiah 33:16) – As with YHWH-M’Kaddesh, it is God alone who provides righteousness to man, ultimately in the person of His Son, Jesus Christ, who became sin for us “that we might become the Righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

YAHWEH-ROHI: "The Lord Our Shepherd" (Psalm 23:1) – After David pondered his relationship as a shepherd to his sheep, he realized that was exactly the relationship God had with him, and so he declares “Yahweh-Rohi is my Shepherd. I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1).

YAHWEH-SHAMMAH: "The Lord is There” (Ezekiel 48:35) – The name ascribed to Jerusalem and the Temple there, indicating that the once departed glory of the Lord (Ezekiel 8—11) had returned (Ezekiel 44:1-4).

YAHWEH-SABAOTH: "The Lord of Hosts" (Isaiah 1:24; Psalm 46:7) – “Hosts” means hordes, both of angels and of men. He is Lord of the host of heaven, and of the inhabitants of the earth, of Jews and Gentiles, of rich and poor, master and slave. The name is expressive of the majesty, power, and authority of God and shows that he is able to accomplish what he determines to do.

EL ELYON: “Most High" (Deuteronomy 26:19) – Derived from the Hebrew root for “go up” or “ascend,” so the implication is of that which is the very highest. El Elyon denotes exaltation and speaks of absolute right to lordship.

EL ROI: "God of Seeing" (Genesis 16:13) – The name ascribed to God by Hagar, alone and desperate in the wilderness after being driven out by Sarah (Genesis 16:1-14), when she met the Angel of the Lord and realized she had seen God Himself in a theophany. She realized that El Roi saw her in her distress and testified that He is a God who lives and sees all.

EL-OLAM: "Everlasting God" (Psalm 90:1-3) – God’s nature is without beginning or end, free from all constraints of time and contains within Himself the very cause of time itself. “From everlasting to everlasting, You are God.”

EL-GIBHOR: “Mighty God” (Isaiah 9:6) – The name describing the Messiah, Christ Jesus, in this prophetic portion of Isaiah. As a powerful and mighty warrior, the Messiah, the Mighty God, will accomplish the destruction of God’s enemies and rule with a rod of iron (Revelation 19:15).

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I'll take a look at it.

"What does the Bible say about reincarnation?"

Answer: The concept of reincarnation is completely without foundation in the Bible, which clearly tells us that we die once and then face judgment (Hebrews 9:27). The Bible never mentions people having a second chance at life or coming back as different people or animals. Jesus told the criminal on the cross, "Today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43), not "You will have another chance to live a life on this earth." Matthew 25:46 specifically tells us that believers go on to eternal life while unbelievers go onto eternal punishment. Reincarnation has been a popular belief for thousands of years, but it has never been accepted by Christians or followers of Judaism because it is contradictory to Scripture.

The one passage that some point to as evidence for reincarnation is Matthew 17:10-12 which links John the Baptist with Elijah. However, the passage does not say that John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated but that he would have fulfilled the prophecy of Elijah's coming if the people had believed his words and thereby believed in Jesus as the Messiah (Matthew 17:12). The people specifically asked John the Baptist if he was Elijah, and he said, "No, I am not" (John 1:21).

Belief in reincarnation is an ancient phenomenon and is a central tenet within the majority of Indian religious traditions, such as Hinduism, Sikhism, and Jainism. Many modern pagans also believe in reincarnation as do some New Age movements, along with followers of spiritism. For the Christian, however, there can be no doubt: reincarnation is unbiblical and must be rejected as false.
gotquestions.org...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Lois]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Bluebelle

Another thing I dont understand, regarding the ten commandments - 'You shall have no other gods before me' (or something to that effect). Doesnt that one seem a little dodgy? Does that mean there are other Gods?

Indeed it does and Yahwhe/jesus goes out of its' way to make sure everyone knew how jealous he was/is of them.

I have been attacked by xtians claiming that there are no other gods and that yahweh was implying the people should not invent other gods.

This proposal seems somewhat insane as there is no evidence of the existance of Yahweh to begin with.

We effectively have one imaginary deity being jealous of other imaginary deities which is quite ridiculous .

It becomes even more ridiculous when you take a little time to consider why a human would suddenly start worshiping a god that wasn't yahweh in the first place if they didn't actually exist and Yahweh did.

www.gotquestions.org...
Is God real? How can I know for sure that God is real?"

Answer: We know that God is real because He has revealed Himself to us in three ways: in creation, in His Word, and in His Son, Jesus Christ.

The most basic proof of God’s existence is simply what He has made. “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20). “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” (Psalm 19:1).

If I found a wristwatch in the middle of a field, I would not assume that it just “appeared” out of nowhere or that it had always existed. Based on the watch’s design, I would assume it had a designer. But there is far greater design and precision in the world around us. Our measurement of time is not based on wristwatches, but on God’s handiwork—the regular rotation of the earth (and the radioactive properties of the cesium-133 atom). The universe displays great design, and this argues for a Great Designer.

If I found an encoded message, I would seek out a cryptographer to help break the code. My assumption would be that there is an intelligent sender of the message, someone who created the code. How complex is the DNA “code” that we carry in every cell of our bodies? Does not the complexity and purpose of DNA argue for an Intelligent Writer of the code?

Not only has God made an intricate and finely tuned physical world; He has also instilled a sense of eternity in the heart of every person (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Mankind has an innate perception that there is more to life than meets the eye, that there is an existence higher than this earthly routine. Our sense of eternity manifests itself in at least two ways: law-making and worship.

Every civilization throughout history has valued certain moral laws, which are surprisingly similar from culture to culture. For example, the ideal of love is universally esteemed, while the act of lying is universally condemned. This common morality—this global understanding of right and wrong—points to a Supreme Moral Being who gave us such scruples.

In the same way, people all over the world, regardless of culture, have always cultivated a system of worship. The object of worship may vary, but the sense of a “higher power” is an undeniable part of being human. Our propensity to worship accords with the fact that God created us “in His own image” (Genesis 1:27).

God has also revealed Himself to us through His Word, the Bible. Throughout Scripture, the existence of God is treated as a self-evident fact (Genesis 1:1; Exodus 3:14). When Benjamin Franklin wrote his autobiography, he did not waste time trying to prove his own existence. Likewise, God does not spend much time proving His existence in His book. The life-changing nature of the Bible, its integrity, and the miracles which accompanied its writing should be enough to warrant a closer look.

The third way in which God revealed Himself is through His Son, Jesus Christ (John 14:6-11). “In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth” (Colossians 2:9).

In Jesus’ amazing life, He kept the entire Old Testament law perfectly and fulfilled the prophecies concerning the Messiah (Matthew 5:17). He performed countless acts of compassion and public miracles to authenticate His message and bear witness to His deity (John 21:24-25). Then, three days after His crucifixion, He rose from the dead, a fact affirmed by hundreds of eyewitnesses (1 Corinthians 15:6). The historical record abounds with “proof” of who Jesus is. As the Apostle Paul said, this thing “was not done in a corner” (Acts 26:26).

We realize that there will always be skeptics who have their own ideas concerning God and will read the evidence accordingly. And there will be some whom no amount of proof will convince (Psalm 14:1). It all comes down to faith (Hebrews 11:6).

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Lois]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lois

Hello Lois,

Sorry I have been away for a while and have not been able to respond. What im going to do is reply to your last post, in the order of the arguments you put forward.

"We know that God is real because He has revealed Himself to us in three ways: in creation, in His Word, and in His Son, Jesus Christ."

No this is not true, this is a bias opinion. In creation, you move to use Palley's design argument, which i will fault. Second, his word...yet again not quite true. The Bible CLAIMS to be the word of God, yet it is written by Man. The Bible has been cannonized, it holds many cultural values of the time it was written, see my earlier post regarding Timothy and how the Bible sees women less than men. Thirdly, prove Jesus was The Son of God. He is just as likely to be the Son of God as he is to be the Devil.

"If I found a wristwatch in the middle of a field, I would not assume that it just “appeared” out of nowhere or that it had always existed." ...argument for design. Easily countered really.

*First, there is a lot of lack of design throughout the natural world, let alone the Universe. Earthquakes, volcanoes, and so on...God could have made things a little better? A fish's eye is better ADAPTED to seeing underwater than Man's, this is *most likely because of evolution. (i am not going to try and say evolution is the truth, since where did all life forms come from? but all i will say is it is evident nowadays). Finally, before the Universe, there was no time. Lets say the chance of this Universe coming about and being as perfectly balanced as it is, is about 1 in 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 etc. Since there is no time, all possibilities are going to be realised, so instead of trying to claim design, just accept the Universe for what it is, brute fact.

**If you locked 7 monkeys in a room with unlimited supply of pens and paper. And say they all lived for infinite. Eventually those monkeys WILL write the full works of shakespeare word for word. **

Then you argue for moral values, why have them etc? Well instead of trying to imply a 'higher' purpose. Lets look at it this way. By the way we act and communicate. We are animals. There is no denying that. And as all animals do, we hang around in groups, because there is safety in numbers. Now, we have morals to ensure groups of humans get along, almost like code of conduct to ensure our survival. Society has come about because of this. If i like to hit people, but found that nobody was my friend because I hit people, im damn well sure id stop hitting people because humans have a deep rooted need for socialising, expressing and communicating. We are hard-wired to want to be in groups as it ensures a higher rate of survival. So instead of saying morals are "higher" lets say they are codes of conduct we have established as the status quo, so that more people can get along and work toward a productive society because overall it promotes survival. We are animals.

And overall just to sum up. The bible holds no credentials. Just because it SAYS it is written by God, does not mean it actually is. To be honest, a little book that an almighty deity has written seems rather trivial and arbitary. The Bible and the example of Jesus are just ways to establish how we should live and make you conform to the status quo, so that we ensure survival.

I Challenge you to prove to me that the Bible is NOT Written by the Devil.

Then i might listen to you.

Other than that, dont try to push the Bible.

Cheers,

Brad

*Edit: Jesus performed miracles. He turnt water to wine and so on? So Jesus, being God incarnate, turnt something as trivial as water to wine, BUT DID NOTHING TO STOP THE HOLOCAUST? ...Yeh, sounds like a logically sound concept right there *thumbs up*

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

If you are so turned off on the Bible, why do you go into threads about it and post very lengthy opinions? You can argue till the cows come home but I am convinced that anyone who spends so much time on something they """don't believe in""" ---- are definitely at least on the fence about it. I don't believe in reptilians and you couldn't pay me to read a thread about the subject.

The facts are and I assure you that one day you will fall on your knees before Him, that man was created in the image and likeness of God, and that He spoke through Prophets who in spite of ridicule then and NOW, faithfully translated His Word for those who "have an ear" --- at least you are still trying to listen. You'll get there just keep at it. Sometimes finding God is a long and winding road.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Just because I talk about it and paste lengthy opinions mean I follow it. I believe it is a guide. Just like any other religious text. It is however, the one I know most about. So what can I say, i stick to what I know i can debate about.

I dont believe the Bible should be used to argue FROM. People use it as evidence for God and that it is literally the word of God. I however, think that is a loada #### God did not write the Bible, a lot of intelligent people sat down and wrote about what they thought, but they put it into stories. Very colourful stories. Inside those stories are the truths these intelligent people gleamed.

YET, Perception is Subjective. So therefore, Knowledge is Subjective. If i say the sun is green and you say yellow, how can you prove who is correct? You cannot. You would just say most people think its yellow, so its most likely yellow. Therefore, when i am told what to believe by Bible bashers, I know they have just been brainwashed.

The worst kind of believer.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

It is the nonbelievers who are brainwashed. They rely solely on scientific proof. Let's say rather then I am heartwashed. I rely on what I know in my heart to be the truth. I consider myself pretty good at knowing when I'm being lied to or hoodwinked and after many years of ups and downs the one thing I am sure of is God is God, and the Bible was in fact given to us by Prophets handpicked by Him.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join