It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Are we not our own devils then.

Have we not done something, that all would consider evil, except for the extreme minority.

I have done things, I'm extremely ashamed of, and live in a semi-state of despair for it.

It was my act, and I know it, I did it soberly conscious, yet I did it, It is noone else's fault but my own.

By this standard, i'd believe that we are not only gods (which would be perfect beings) but also half devils (which are pure evil.)

Which you can see how askew that proposition would go.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

"malformed video ID" Can you try to link it again?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Sure.
Straight link.
And again, warning Rated R Trailer.

www.youtube.com...

God may feel the same way...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Where precisely did I state that "god was everything, we 'weren't' meant to know/obtain"?
Just curious as to where you retrieved that from?

I sad that I believe"Through this energy, everything is connected"

"Existing as a singularity of thought and consciousness. A point we can never obtain and are not meant to obtain."

In a singularity, for lack of more adequate terminology, the dual nature of the universe ceases to be, and all becomes one.
The oneness is something that at least at this point in our evolution is even conceptually unattainable.
Do some research on M theory, and the 11 known dimensions.
There has to be a point, where we have to understand, that we just don't know. We can't, and that is the point.

Personally, I don't think that "GOD" should be responsible for our actions. We should be.
We as humans use that as an excuse far too often.
If human society was not the cluster f*&k it is, we could solve our own problems by directing our energy towards more positive goals.
As society and history have constantly shown, we apparently are not ready.

There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to be correct or incorrect about any theory.
As I stated, it was how I felt where god was for "me".
To each their own.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Dennis Quad = Bad(ass)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Thanks! Looks like an interesting Apocalypse movie. Gotta love Hollywood? :p

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I am eagerly awaiting this movie. Looks very interesting.
Kinda reminds me of Dogma in some unusual way. I think it's the armor.
Nothing like a demonic Ice Cream man.
EwWW!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Where precisely did I state that "god was everything, we 'weren't' meant to know/obtain"?
Just curious as to where you retrieved that from?

I may of misinterpreted it. It seemed as if that was which you were saying.

The oneness if by merely only consciousness. We are like an ant in our galaxy perspectively.

And I don't think that a GOD would represent this. Although i'm digressing, My OP was about Where is Your God.....then read the OP.

No criticism for you, you're very insightful.... I like it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I just wonder sometimes. Their ideas, are intriguing. Sometimes you wonder, if someone knows something?

To the OP,
I've had to ask the same question several times in my life.
I've often found answers to my question, through my loved ones.
Children, wife, family. It's all part of the experience, I guess.

Everyone's answers are just different I suppose. Seeing "doom and gloom" everywhere, is much easier, when its broadcast to everyone, by everyone.

I just wish good things were spread like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

I am eagerly awaiting this movie. Looks very interesting.
Kinda reminds me of Dogma in some unusual way. I think it's the armor.
Nothing like a demonic Ice Cream man.
EwWW!!

When I saw the Ice Cream man, I immediately thought it would be a movie off that video game, uhhh. What was it monster truck fighting and stuff it was a beginning PlayStation game. I was like, really is this the movie he referenced then I watched the rest. And it looks cool.

FYI: I was named after the Archangel Michael. It's my first name.

And my Middle Name was named after Jesus' Father Joseph.

My last name is Well, just family name I guess. Wood.

Lol, you can only imagine what good that has brought me
Oh yeah.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Are we not our own devils then.

Have we not done something, that all would consider evil, except for the extreme minority.

I have done things, I'm extremely ashamed of, and live in a semi-state of despair for it. It was my act, and I know it, I did it soberly conscious, yet I did it, It is noone else's fault but my own.

By this standard, i'd believe that we are not only gods (which would be perfect beings) but also half devils (which are pure evil.) Which you can see how askew that proposition would go.

I agree that we are our own devils but I believe we are our own gods as well.

There is a bible quote that says "he who knows to do right and does it not to him it is sin"

Now I am not a christian but find much wisdom in the bible. My interpretation of this quote is that if we have taken an understanding into our being (who we are) and go against it, then it is sin. Just saying something is right or wrong doesn't mean you have embraced it as part of who you are or part of your understanding of what is right.

What you are speaking of is going against your conscious (our god part), which is, for me, my understanding of right and wrong.

Yes, I have done gone against my conscious and have not liked myself or the results.

I believe we all have the 'potential' for perfect beings but if we were there...we would not be here

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

"So to me God simply Is and therefore is everywhere. "
There is my God.

Personally, if it were not for a few personal epiphanies, I would most likely not believe in anything.
The way this world can be, can make anyone not believe.
Then again, it's that same thing that makes the argument for it as well.

We could continue the friendly banter all day and night, but I digress as well.

By the way, It's been a long time since I can recall, hearing JUNO REACTOR in a movie soundtrack, since the Matrix films.
I Think JUNO REACTOR is awesome.

Ice cream man
I think that was Twisted metal, if I am not mistaken.

I tired, I got to bed now. L8R

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bad man incorporated
reply to post by Wookiep

I just wonder sometimes. Their ideas, are intriguing. Sometimes you wonder, if someone knows something?

To the OP,
I've had to ask the same question several times in my life.
I've often found answers to my question, through my loved ones.
Children, wife, family. It's all part of the experience, I guess.

Everyone's answers are just different I suppose. Seeing "doom and gloom" everywhere, is much easier, when its broadcast to everyone, by everyone.

I just wish good things were spread like that.

To BMI ( no not body mass index you fellow bodybuilders!)

I hate to even ask you this, but what happens if someone does a violent/nasty thing to someone you hold dear.

I cannot name one person that i've known in my life that wasn't: Stabbed to death, Killed, Overdosed, Molested, Raped, Did molest, pretty much all the awful things you can only imagine.

Not saying that all those happened to everyone I've known, bits and pieces, and I imagine the others, and the ones who were the others. And can't help but see that this is in my mere circle. I can only imagine the whole world.

Movies like 'Pay it forward' brings me great feelings, and lately, i've been trying to live my life like that. From a proposal from a Ats'ers thread, Which if he lay hidden here, speak up and post the thread, or till I find it i'll post it.

But that's not how the world works.

The only things that bring people together are things like 9.11 for a moment, racism was gone, things went away. It's come back obviously.

But when someone does a good thing, people don't gather together, except for religion which well, don't allow me to explain you know yourself.

If this is part of an experience, I see no reason why, experience is needed, if a all knowing being could know, then why must we know. Why should everyone go through rape torture grief hatred etc... just so god can 'let you know' and well if you don't you burn in hell forever to get a better idea of it.

A allknowing majestic being should be able to share the knowledge in letting a being it created know!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd like to add that, your probably seeking stars from posting the first hate comment.

Also, I don't see your problem with discussing the dogma, but of course it is a dogma, and you would know all about that.

My fingers hurt from Copy Paste.

But you get the drift. Lol, I don't even need to explain myself to you. But I will anyways.

Also thanks for contributing to the thread, and not looking at anything but the bias

Sarcasm over.

My threads tend to be opinionated and controversial, does that mean it shouldn't be discussed?

Limit free speech enthusiast.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
If you'll read thru ALL of this trolls threads you'll see that it has only one intention, To incite hatred and stir up trouble. Find me one positive uplifting thread by this clown?

It really doesn't matter whether or not there is a god.
Before debating on the existance of God, you first need to define GOD.
I am waiting,troll.

I think your statements are not warranted. The "trolls" threads raise some questions about things that he isn't sure of as an Atheist. I have read many of his post and he's raised a lot of questions. Yes some titles of threads do sometimes seem to seek some type of motive to discredit "believers". BUT no matter, his threads always seems to ask good questions, it appears he honestly just wants good answers or replies explaining their stance. Just because someone does not believe in the things that others do (myself included) does not make them a troll. I've never seen him personally attack anyone, or "troll" as you like to put it by trying to put anyone down. Debating with logic and reason does not make someone a troll, in fact a troll is this:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...(Internet)

He is not producing an "off-topic" or "irrelevant" subject, hes producing questions that are of interest to him. This topic is VERY relevant on ATS as there are many questions raised about it. If you think Ufo's aren't real and you make a post questioning it would not make you a troll. Just because you disagree, doesn't make this OP a troll thread.

Back on topic, when we consider the defention of "troll" on dictionary.com I find it quite humorous that one of those defenitions is this:

(in Scandinavian folklore) any of a race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.

dictionary.reference.com...

So in technical terms, if republican08 is a "troll" then he is a mythical being, and therefore cannot be an atheist since he is indeed a part of something *supernatural* !! Sorry republican08, you have been debunked.

[sarcasm]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Enough of the ad hominem attacks.

Consider this your last reminder to play nice and abide by the Terms on Conditions in this thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You ask about "what if something violent happened to someone I hold dear"

Well, due to a Dr's mistake and arrogance, I lost my 2 year old niece. Shortly after, I lost my mother. She was only 53.
You see..

My niece, was born very pre mature. In fact, they said she would not survive. She was barely 1lb.

She could fit in the palm of my hand.
She survived. With few complications at all.

At 1 year, she was diagnosed with Liver cancer. "fixable".

Shortly after, my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. But prayed (everyday)that the baby's liver cancer could be "transferred" to her.

The baby survived the operation, that removed all the cancer and 80 % of her liver. But because she was so young, her liver was growing normally again.

My mom decided to beat the lung cancer as well. She also had an incredibly positive outlook.

While my mom was finishing her last bout of chemo (voluntarily), my niece was taken to hospital for flu like symptoms. These came about, very quickly after an attempted bowel movement. (Her only complication from being premature was twisted bowel syndrome).

The emergency Dr, told my sister she was paranoid, and it was just the flu. My sister begged for an ultra sound, but he told her "I am the Dr, here" and refused the ultra sound, AND refused contacting the baby's actual DR.

My sister would definitely know, after all her battles, that something was wrong. And she was right. After the DR. discharged them with the "flu", she died 8 hrs later from poisoning from a burst intestine.

We had to tell my weakened mother, who used this baby as her inspiration to fight and beat lung cancer, that her grand daughter was dead.

The baby's dr, phoned my mom at the hospice, where she was staying, to inform her that the baby's blood work from a week prior had come back. And that she was in remission. I spoke to him, as he did not know her fate.

My mom beat the lung cancer, but a year later was diagnosed with liver cancer. A different cancer than her lung cancer, but the same as the baby's.
Her earlier prayers must have been answered. Sadly, My mom had no more fight left.

It's not a very "violent" act, but it makes you kinda question what the hell God was thinking, or where He was. These two people were the most positive, and the sweetest people on earth. As is the case for many lost loved ones.

All I can do from this, is recognize that pain, suffering, is everywhere.
Sh*% ain't fair, but I can only take life one day at a time. Seeing the positives everyday, keeps me hopeful for a tomorrow. Whatever it brings.

Someone hurts my children/loved ones...if I can get my hands on them...perhaps I'll change my name to Karma.

Or on the flip side and in my mothers words, "God must need more angels".

Even if I have to search harder for the good, I'll still look, cause I know its there too.
There is a balance. I swear to you.

Sorry for the wall of text. It's late. Sorry for sharing so much personal crap. hahaha.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
im pretty sure god stated he wasnt gonna do anything any more. all the latter "sons of" did was push afterlife scenarios...

but deity or deity's whether consciously or subconsciously worshiped are a definite must in human culture. other wise we would lack the drive to mutate. but im sure most people who read this will take that literally and fart blood. if that happens, then im your god.

but im not telling you were my god is. it took a lot of insanity to find it and i doubt your minds could find a stylish pair of golf shoes.

XP

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join