Where is your God?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bad man incorporated

Well, due to a Dr's mistake and arrogance, I lost my 2 year old niece. Shortly after, I lost my mother. She was only 53.
You see..

I'm sorry for your loss.

I appreciate your honesty, I have quite the story too, of how I killed my father.

Kind of, long story, i'm still drinking over. savvy?

If you can find a balance in this life, more power to you... my life, it seems there is no balance, from the things i've had thrown my way, My life after this tribulation, should be the most Awesome life of all, I just have to keep my motivation.

I feel for you, yet I do not know what it is like to be in your shoes. Noone does.

I appreciate thoughtful posts like the one you presented, feel free to remove it, if it's to personal many have before. Only if you feel that way though.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by acornco
im pretty sure god stated he wasnt gonna do anything any more. all the latter "sons of" did was push afterlife scenarios...

but deity or deity's whether consciously or subconsciously worshiped are a definite must in human culture. other wise we would lack the drive to mutate. but im sure most people who read this will take that literally and fart blood. if that happens, then im your god.

but im not telling you were my god is. it took a lot of insanity to find it and i doubt your minds could find a stylish pair of golf shoes.

XP

If you could share this knowledge of your first paragraph that'd be appreciated.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
To answer the OP questions about hate, death and the whys of so called evil in the world in relation to god. It depends on your perspective. If you view pain, death, and a host of other calmities that befall man from a human perspective then you would say that anything that causes pain etc,, for the individual or society would be evil. But viewed from an experiencial point of view, that of an intellegence manifesting through all form, evil does not exist. For the consciousness only desires to have the experience of expressing it self or having an experience of non-self. It does not care or judge the experience. It is self aware that death is an illusion, enegy, matter, consciousness cannot be destoyed only transformed and all things experienced are held in the consciousness.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rken2
To answer the OP questions about hate, death and the whys of so called evil in the world in relation to god. It depends on your perspective. If you view pain, death, and a host of other calmities that befall man from a human perspective then you would say that anything that causes pain etc,, for the individual or society would be evil. But viewed from an experiencial point of view, that of an intellegence manifesting through all form, evil does not exist. For the consciousness only desires to have the experience of expressing it self or having an experience of non-self. It does not care or judge the experience. It is self aware that death is an illusion, enegy, matter, consciousness cannot be destoyed only transformed and all things experienced are held in the consciousness.

Peace

Why need to experience something you created, for the mere beneficialness of experiencing a creation?

It's like creating a new animal, then living the life of it, to just live it. That would make god as pointless as a santa claus that never existed.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

So in technical terms, if republican08 is a "troll" then he is a mythical being, and therefore cannot be an atheist since he is indeed a part of something *supernatural* !! Sorry republican08, you have been debunked.

I assure you I am not a mythical being. Unless Doubt is satan, then yes, I am a mythical being. lol.
Trolls make threads and ignore the points and don't address anything just to screw around.

If you notice, I pay attention to every post, and act accordingly, with honest, and sincere questions and answers posted

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

no new arguments regarding god. this life is a test if it wasn't we wouldn't have free will. Just like in an exam, ofcurse people fail, and you can say it is sad but it doesn't change the situation. You are in a test for a reason, to fail or pass. you are in this world for a reason to fail or pass. Choose wisely.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

no new arguments regarding god. this life is a test if it wasn't we wouldn't have free will. Just like in an exam, ofcurse people fail, and you can say it is sad but it doesn't change the situation. You are in a test for a reason, to fail or pass. you are in this world for a reason to fail or pass. Choose wisely.

If you fail this test, you don't get to retake it, it's eternity of pain... bit of a stretch there I suppose.

And why the 'need' for a test. Why must someone be 'tested' for something so minute. Pronounced MY Noot.

Which is the right to choose.

It's like giving three answers, that are all wrong, but you must choose the right wrong answer. Conundrum at the best.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by rken2

Peace

Why need to experience something you created, for the mere beneficialness of experiencing a creation?

It's like creating a new animal, then living the life of it, to just live it. That would make god as pointless as a santa claus that never existed.

That is the proverbial question. Why are we here. The closest explanation that my intellect can grasp. The finite trying to understand the infinate. Is that if I were that consciousness that existed before creation of anything, no stars, galaxies, worlds, people, animals etc. why would I do it, create at all. I believe that, that consciouness wanted to experience something other than self( we might call it lonelly or board). Since there is nothing to create something from. Where would that creation have to exist. You would also have to create a separation between the parts of the self. A forgetfulness. Biggest problem that I see is that playing this game with self and separation, causes pain. A child abandoned. Pain would seem to be the motivating factory that pushes use back toward re experiencing ourselves as one. Involution of spirit into matter and the evolution back out again. The part of the one that exists and is present in all creation does not judge the experience. When a lion eats a deer no one judges the lion for it is part of his nature to kill and eat the deer. It is part of the process of life. No judgement. That part of us doesn't care whether we are in the throw of passionate lust with a beautiful women of getting hit by a Mack truck. But there would seem to be some basic laws associated with creation. Like the law of cause and effect, or you reap what you sow, or karma and darma. all the same concept just that science only applies it on a physical level while religion would apply it on a mental emotion and spirit level. We are all going home as you cannot leave part of yourself behind. peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

I assure you I am not a mythical being. Unless Doubt is satan, then yes, I am a mythical being. lol.

Doubt does not equal Satan, BUT doubt is something Satan influences you to have.
At least in terms of God exsisting in your humble opinion. Doubt is also what causes you to make threads like this one because, you are questioning the motive of a *supposed* all-powerful all-mighty God.

To expand on that....merely believing God exsists really isn't a part of the message the bible was trying to convey. I'm not sure about other "religious" writings, but I'm quite sure it's clear in the bible that God's message is more about following his universal laws rather than debating his exsistance.

Please don't let this link offend you but:

www.studyjesus.com...

Then again, it's never *proof* to offer bible versus to an athiest, so I respect your stance. The bible, is an avenue where christians and the like can convey what they believe to you in the sense that...well they believe that what God says largely comes from that book.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

If you fail this test, you don't get to retake it, it's eternity of pain... bit of a stretch there I suppose.

And why the 'need' for a test. Why must someone be 'tested' for something so minute. Pronounced MY Noot.

It's like giving three answers, that are all wrong, but you must choose the right wrong answer. Conundrum at the best.

Well eternity of pain, not necessarily. That is just the general thought. Have you imagined the world as being a hologram? Well scientists tell us that it is very close to a hologram so might as well think of it that way. Once you have that in your mind you can say that we are in a hologram being tested for what ever purpose. This hologram could be the production of future humans or GOD I can't come to a perfect conclusion, that needs too much research which is beyond me.

The idea of eternal hell, I don't believe that. I believe hell is here, this is hell, this is where we are tested to get out of this hell and live eternally outside this hologram.

Tell me how you perceive my interpretation.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Id like to comment on this to If life was a test then i would need to know that it is a test. i would need to prepare for the test etc. there is many religions for me to take my test on. i have no idea which one is the real one, i was not prepped before hand to choose Zoroastrianism over Islam.

It would be different if before i was born my "sprite" was told " hey your gonna be tested and sent to the prison planet earth, but we are gonna erase your memory of knowing its a test first just to mess with you even more then make you choose 1 of the plethora of religions on the this planet and if you get it wrong your going to the underworld forever".

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

Great sense of humor. Yes the test thing just doesn't wash. Neither does eternal damnation. Just more control tools by TPTB.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by Bringer

Id like to comment on this to If life was a test then i would need to know that it is a test. i would need to prepare for the test etc. there is many religions for me to take my test on. i have no idea which one is the real one, i was not prepped before hand to choose Zoroastrianism over Islam.

So *knowing* it's a test would be the cure-all for you? If life is a test then your very exsistance is a part of that test. If you *knew* you were going to be tested, then it wouldn't be a real test! If you knew it was a test then that would make free-will obsolete. Think about that for a while. What choices would you make in life IF you knew what it was all about? You'd probably make better choices (you'd prolly be rich etc) than most people can make, given we *knew* what we were doing here full-proof.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I will definately, and am checking out the link.

Well, from what I understood, and read of the bible.
The only way to save your soul and go to heaven, Was to accept jesus is your lord and saviour.

This was what got Oprah in deep trouble.

Don't fear. Biblical text, which explain what you say, and offer substance to what you say aren't useless, altogether. It's all really about understanding, that's what i'm really now trying to seek. Trying on new shoes, so to speak.

Checking the soles, the arch support, and if this shoe happens to just be a bunch of sand. Metaphorically.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
oozyism

What makes you think you have free will. With all the programing you have recieved since birth most of your thoughts and reactions to things are automatic responses. Only after you have removed the programing do you even start to have free will. So the game is rigged from the start. No freewill to choose therefore you fail. End of test. eternal damnation for you. Or would you like to try again. Same results I can assure you if you think this is a test. peace

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

I've always loved your posts, and your avatar. Michio Kaku supporters UNITE!

lol.

I can't add more, but to appreciate you commenting on my thread. It's ALWAYS a pleasure. Always.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

This was what got Oprah in deep trouble.

Don't fear. Biblical text, which explain what you say, and offer substance to what you say aren't useless, altogether. It's all really about understanding, that's what i'm really now trying to seek. Trying on new shoes, so to speak.

Right, I'm quite aware of the uselesness of quoting bible verses to an athiest or really, anyone who disagrees or is angry at christians. Hence why I haven't ever posted a bible verse on these phorums. I see your position, and if I was in the same spot, I wouldn't want verses from a non-exsistant fairy tale either.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

1.) I don't want a God coming down and stopping people from doing things. I want freedom.

2.) Also, why is rape or torture bad? Said person will die at the end of their life span and not be comprehend a thing. We're all just pieces of meat tricked into self awareness buy various neurotransmitters anyway. Judging good or bad is just an illusion created human kind.

Why don't you argue from a true atheist perspective?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by doodiepants]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rken2

ok this is really close.

That is the proverbial question. Why are we here. The closest explanation that my intellect can grasp. The finite trying to understand the infinate. Is that if I were that consciousness that existed before creation of anything, no stars, galaxies, worlds, people, animals etc. why would I do it, create at all. I believe that, that consciouness wanted to experience something other than self( we might call it lonelly or board). Since there is nothing to create something from. Where would that creation have to exist. You would also have to create a separation between the parts of the self. A forgetfulness. Biggest problem that I see is that playing this game with self and separation, causes pain. A child abandoned. Pain would seem to be the motivating factory that pushes use back toward re experiencing ourselves as one. Involution of spirit into matter and the evolution back out again. The part of the one that exists and is present in all creation does not judge the experience. When a lion eats a deer no one judges the lion for it is part of his nature to kill and eat the deer. It is part of the process of life. No judgement. That part of us doesn't care whether we are in the throw of passionate lust with a beautiful women of getting hit by a Mack truck. But there would seem to be some basic laws associated with creation. Like the law of cause and effect, or you reap what you sow, or karma and darma. all the same concept just that science only applies it on a physical level while religion would apply it on a mental emotion and spirit level. We are all going home as you cannot leave part of yourself behind. peace.
why are we here?
refine the question to-
why was man created? the answer is very simple.

to please God

matt.3-17 this is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased

[edit on 19-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by doodiepants

2.) Also, why is rape bad. She'll die at the end of her life span and not be comprehend a thing. We're all just pieces of meat tricked into self awareness buy various neurotransmitters anyway. Judging good or bad is just an illusion created human kind.

Well of course, that's what believers think! They all think we are just pieces of meat who are *tricked*. Great! Well then, that says nothing about if there is a *God* in our universe, that says more about a God that is a fool and a scam artist with no other motivation other than to make us all miserable.

Knock it off. If you believe in nothing then nothing is the answer, and you have nothing to lose. There is no sense in displaying this kind of clear anger toward believers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join