It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Law Enforcement becomes self-serving, self-preserving.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Joe Arpaio is a fascist. Why he hasn't been run out of town by a crowd with pitchforks I do not know. He is everything that law enforcement should not be. His abuses of authority are not only out of hand, but criminal. He does not represent justice, but as the article said, 'thuggery'.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
what if that p[articular court is doing something illegal. Should he listen then, and give them time to cover their tracks, by going through official channels?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Knowing his past behavior of arresting, harassing or otherwise silencing anyone that opposes him, my first impression is that the county is using access to this database to gain information against Joe Arpaio and his crew.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Jadette]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

what if that p[articular court is doing something illegal. Should he listen then, and give them time to cover their tracks, by going through official channels?

I would expect him to go to an higher authority to avoid any conflict of interest.

Or if he does confiscate things then he should turn it over to higher authorities right away.

Good question

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Well, if in fact he has engaged in "criminal" actions, I expect there will be an investigation and he will be removed from office. I suspect however, that he is found to be within the law, as he has been every time he has been challanged. The Maricopa Lefties (the famous 9%) apparently have their own statutes that have been violated. In the past, it has been shown that regarding the statutes that actually matter, the Sheriff has come out on top.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
While There has always been controversy surrounding Sheriff Arpaio, Please everyone keep in mind that the County Sheriff's of this country are our last hope for defense against a Rogue Federal Government. So let's refrain from judging yet, who knows how this will play out. There could very well be damning plans for continuity on those systems. If he is willing to take a stand against the Elitists plans for this country, then we may very soon be called to join him and all Sheriffs to defend Our Nation and way of life Because we are All in this Together!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am a [former] ATS LURKER new member; first post. I cannot resist jumping into this discussion. I am a 3rd generation Phoenix, Arizona native. My family has lived in Arizona since the Territorial days. For the record, Maricopa County has had one good sheriff: Carl Trumbull Hayden [Senator, State of Arizona 1927 - 1969, a.k.a. Senator Carl Hayden] en.wikipedia.org...

Sheriff Joe [JOKE] Arpaio is a BLOT on the history of Arizona. He makes Janet Napolitano, former Governor of Arizona and head of the Department of Homeland Security look like the Virgin Mary. Sheriff "Joke" got that moniker from The Phoenix New Times. I never have been able to tell if the Phoenix [New Slime] New Times is a left wing "alternative" newspaper or just another "broken wing". I will however, give the Phoenix "New Slime" credit where credit is due. They have exposed some VERY bad guys who are presently serving time in the Arizona State Prison in Florence, Arizona.

Over the years The Arizona Republic and its alter ego The Phoenix Gazette, when it was still being published, have had less than positive things to say about Sheriff "Joke". He has pulled so many stunts over the years that he is like "the boy who cried wolf".

Sheriff "Joke" has a voting constituency that is a bunch of little old “blue haired” ladies with their husbands in Sun City, Arizona. Sun City, Arizona is called “God’s Waiting Room”. I suppose that I should say that real quietly, because I am now over 55 and qualify to live there. These little old “blue haired” ladies with their husbands who cruise around at night in MCSO [Maricopa County Sheriffs Office] patrol cars with radios looking for evil doers are Joe’s “Halleluiah Chorus”. I’m sure that they have been properly deputized. I suspect that the “supervisors” might even have a GUN! I’ll also bet that they only get one “Barney” bullet.

The MCSO is Sheriff Joe [JOKE] Arpaio’s private Gestapo. He routinely rounds up the “illegal aliens” from Mexico and sends them to “Tent City”. I strongly suspect that Sheriff “Joke” does not treat them with Geneva Convention civility. When I was homeless and on the streets in Phoenix for 70 months I heard things.

Sheriff “Joke” periodically rounds up the “ladies of the evening” and their “johns” between 24th Street and 40th Street on Van Buren Street for “positive publicity spin”. I also suspect that he may be “encouraging” [financing] their presence. It doesn’t pass the smell test. This has been going on for at least 15 years that I am aware of.

The stories about the “green bologna” are true. The stories about the pink under ware are true. Some of the folks that I met on the street told me that “Tent City” is hotter than HELL in the summer. These tents are “MASH” era canvas tents that are not cooled. It is probably 125F to 135F inside in the afternoon. People frequently die while in custody. Maricopa County has paid out millions to settle wrongful death lawsuits.

2nd line: If it wasn’t for summer the Snow Birds would stay all year. Welcome to Arizona now go home. [These are real Arizona Bumper Stickers]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by digitus impudicus

I hate to point out the obvious, but apparently there are several more blue-haired ladies than snivelling leftists in the county, since he continues to be reelected. If we have to depend on mainstream newspapers to form an opinion of politicians; we are, as a society, toast.
Apparently wearing pink underwear and getting hot in Arizona is a problem for those convicted of offences? I'll hold my opinion of that, but it gives me some information about the poster.
Having said that, welcome to ATS! It can get rough, but everyone is welcome.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by digitus impudicus

Yeah, when I lived there, from '06 til Feb. of this year, the New Times had a whole load of stories about the abuses of law Mr. Joke has done. Raiding the offices of Mesa at two in the morning looking for illegal aliens, sure, whatever.

One author that wrote a bunch about him before he left was John Dougherty and at one time there was a page that listed all the articles, also involving the County Attorney Andrew Thomas, I think his name was. They both need to be put into tent city permanently. Here's a list of stories about the both of them but I ain't searching for the right ones.

Phoenix New Times

I was going to respond to JD, but I would get at a minimum a warning if not a banning. Sometimes it is just better to keep ones mouth shut - I'm talking about me, not you, BTW.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Chocolate
reply to post by fraterormus

Sheriff joe is voted for re election every 4 years I believe. So I don't know what category that makes him fall into, but he is definitely voted into power and has to "run" for re election every 4 years. And he usually wins by a land slide.

You forgot to mention how he usually shreds his competition with unlawful privacy invasions and threats.

The guy is a FRICKEN THUG.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join