It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Want On Your Headstone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wait a second now, before you flame me for my morbidity actually put some thought into this, we're talking about a sentence that sums up your life, a short representation of your greatest contribution to society/loved ones.

The idea is that since your still alive, you have time to influence this outcome, and in a way have a self-realization of what you want to accomplish most in your life.

So sit back for a few minutes and really think about it, maybe put in on the back burning in your mind for a few hours, when you've figured it out, come back and tell us what you want on your headstone.

For me, I hope its goes something like.

"Inspired Greatness In Others"

"Always Gave More Then He Took"

"A Father Second To None"

and the ones i fear the most.

“Had Potential But Was Too Intimidated To Try.”

"Wasted His Life On The Internet."

edited grammar.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My plan is to be cremated, so I don't plan on having a headstone.

Ideally, I'd like to die in privacy and be cremated without a formal service -- no-one there.

If people who knew me would like to do so, they could then have a party or other gathering at a time chosen by them, as a way of acknowledging the times we shared.

I've never wanted to be buried or to have a headstone. I want my loved ones to be free. Don't want them to feel they have to visit a lump of granite on certain days of the year. Don't want them to feel guilty for not visiting the grave. Don't want them to imagine me decaying under the ground.

When someone is cremated, they're gone . . literally up in smoke, off with the breeze. It's final. It's clean. It's freeing. The living can get on with their lives.

I don't want my ashes in an urn or stuck out of the way at the back of a cupboard. What are people supposed to do with someone's ashes ? Yet they can't throw them away. But all the time, it's in the back of their mind that someone they knew is now in an urn on a high shelf in the garage, so it's a responsibility they don't need and shouldn't have to bear, in addition to casting a shadow over their thoughts and life. So I'll leave instructions for someone with no emotional ties to me (a solicitor perhaps) to dispose of my ashes in a garden or something simple like that.

It's my belief that those I love will get over my passing a lot easier and faster this way .. in the same way we can accept it when someone we're close to moves overseas or just drops out of sight.

So, no headstone for me .. just dead and gone

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
JUST COULDN'T BE ARSED

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"Told You I Was Sick!"

By the great Spike!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I really don't care.
I'm not living for the future, I'm living for the present.
I'd be good dying without anybody knowing.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yeah im getting cremated too.Anyway,i dont really care,whatever the person who buries me wants written on it,it's not really important to me.After about two generations or a maximum of three after you are dead no one will remember your name,your life or care about your moss covered headstone.Unless you make a big impact on the world which most of us won't of course.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"It was a hell of a ride, but DAMN, it was fun!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't plan on having one. I plan to live until I am re-called to God.

Or find the "fountain of youth", whichever comes first.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
hmm, hardly a reply on the subject, just everyone talking about negativity and cremation. (cremation isn't bad, just off subject)

pretty much the opposite point of this thread.

and just so all of you people know, being cremated doesn't mean you can't have a head stone.

When my father passed, he was cremated, my brother and I spread his ashes over his favorite place in the state from an airplane. (deep wilderness)

however since my father was in the army the VFW donated a very nice head stone to my family for my father, i emptied out the gun powder from three .306 rounds *his favorite gun* (obviously before i spread the ashes from a plane) and had them filled with my fathers ashes (the actual lead bullet was used to seal it.)

One we barred under my fathers headstone, which sits on a near by bluff.

The other two, me and my only brother keep in our homes.

Now we can visit his headstone whenever we see fit (since the plane trips would be expensive) which is nice.

and my father gets the best of both services.

hopefully someone will actually put some positive thought into a response for this thread.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well since I had photoshop open anyway I thought I'd give you a graphical version!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/624e253cbd00.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Or the same one as I had (so who the hell is the world going to revolve around now???) In Latin

Sic quisnam abyssus mos orbis terrarum volubilis inter iam???

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
"God im bored!"

or

"this sucks sooo much!"

[edit on 16-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 16 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6591885bd12c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76ff6eefc68f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i told u i was ill

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I want a Solar panel on top of the head stone, a long lasting battery, and a motion sensor in front with a hidden speaker conected to a digital recorder that plays when the motion sensor is activated...

"Halt Who goes there"

"hey, buddy your steping on my foot"

"Woah dude, i dont walk on your bed"

loud voice "BOO" then laughing...

and more.

Edit for one more..

" I SEE LIVING PEOPLE"

[edit on 16-8-2009 by severdsoul]

CX

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Never really thought about it.

Maybe something like, "I'm behind you".

CX.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Solid Gold and Platinum casket 4 mil dollars.....

Armani Suit to be burried in 9 thousand dollars

Private mausoleum with silver and gold statue 2million dollars

Platinum plate on Statue that reads "Who says you cant take it with you" 50 thousand dollars

Look on your spoiled rotten kids face when they realize they arent getting the old mans money........PRICELESS

[edit on 16-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

"wish you were here."

second line

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join