It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Want On Your Headstone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Make sense
well the short answer is for me, is no.
isn't there anything fun in your life man?

:bash:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hmm, difficult choice... I think possibly something like.

Thanatos One - Eros Nil

or

“Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.” - Lao Tzu

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered on Harlech Beach with as little ceremony as possible.

But if I were to have a tombstone, I think it could say this:

My time is gone, I'm glad to go
I'm tired of putting on this show
If this life hasn't been in vain
I'll never walk this way again

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've just returned to this thread

You launched a thread asking what people want on their headstone and when they say they don't want a headstone, you reprimand people, described existing posts as 'negative' and tell people to put some real thought into it ?

Then you cite what YOU did when YOUR father died as example.

Meaniing what --- that you expect people who've been good enough to boost your thread to start coming up with 'headstone ideas' that YOU approve of ?

Perhaps you should put some real thought into what you've said ?

And perhaps you should listen to what those who've boosted your thread have written.

NO. I do NOT need a lump of granite to remind me of those who've moved on.

NO. I do not want a headstone. I'm not you. I don't need a material reminder in order to think of someone who has passed and those I value don't need a lump of rock to remind them of me.

Please think about this and accept that not everyone has the same beliefs as you

and not everyone HAS to hold the same beliefs as you.

Now, I hope you're grateful for the fact I've grown your thread by two posts.

I won't expect you to thank me, seeing that you consider my posts as having no value, because they don't conform with YOUR ideas about life

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"She was worth it"

or

"The cake is a lie"

or

"Aim low"

or

"See? He did become a huge rockstar mom and dad and all the ex's!!! Take that jerks!"

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"I know my limitations"

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm kinda thinking...

"Geez, we thought he would never leave!"

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

i 've just returned to this thread
asking what people want on their headstone and when they say they don't want a headstone, you reprimand people, described existing posts as 'negative' and tell people to put some real thought into it
Then you cite what YOU did when YOUR father died as example.
Meaniing what --- that you expect people who've been good enough to boost your thread to start coming up with 'headstone ideas' that YOU approve of ?
Perhaps you should put some real thought into what you've said ?
And perhaps you should listen to what those who've boosted your thread have written.
NO. I do NOT need a lump of granite to remind me of those who've moved on.
NO. I do not want a headstone. I'm not you. I don't need a material reminder in order to think of someone who has passed and those I value don't need a lump of rock to remind them of me.
Please think about this and accept that not everyone has the same beliefs as you.
and not everyone HAS to hold the same beliefs as you.
Now, I hope you're grateful for the fact I've grown your thread by two posts.
I won't expect you to thank me, seeing that you consider my posts as having no value, because they don't conform with YOUR ideas about life

man, this guy is going to need a really big headstone.

:bash:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Haha, randy, I thought the same thing.

Vaast, dude, chill. He was saying that if you could give people a one liner to leave behind what would it be. The analogy was the headstone.

Ok, lets reword it for those who take themselves too seriously: What would you have etched into you urn? What would you pee in the snow right before death? What tattoo would you leave on the moon if you could?

I am going to be cremated too, but I am not up my own butt to the extent that I would believe this thread was actually about a big freakin stone above my dead body!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
"This was my first choice of cemetery to be laid to rest in - I was dieing to get a place here"

Or...

"Don't pee on the live rail - trust me on that one"

[edit on 17/8/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Maybe something like "Gone to lunch, back later" or "There's no way in hell your keeping me down here!" or "Beware ZOMBIE resting below"

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
See my sig..that explains it all.
Yep, that's what google is for..hehehe...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
For me... it would read:

A huge fan of techincal drawings, schematics,
and construction plans.
He was a 90 degree man with a 360 degree point
of view.
he's now with the angles.

(Sorry!)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No headstone for me, nothing will be left when I pass.

I've donated my body to a medical school that has the right to dissect and study any parts of me for up to 5 years. After the 5 years they are required to cremate my remains and inter the ashes in the university mausoleum with all the others that have given this gift to help train students.

I've specifically requested a none religious disposal, but my husband has a "Power of Attorney" if he wishes to claim the ashes. I don't think he will, though if he does, I hope he walks around with my remains in and old tin can and babbles madly to me.

Some night when he's drunk and staggering down the street perhaps he'll trip and spill me in the gutter.
It won't be the first time I've landed there.........

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

"bird is the word"

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"I shot JFK
... and I'd do it again see, no wait...aww gaddangit"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"i was killed by a murderar in my sleep if u dont tel 10 peepz abowt mai def in da nxt 10 minutes i wil apeer at ur bedsyde @ 2am in da mornin and kill u"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I can only hope my gravestone quote inspires some people to grab life by the balls and have fun!

"LIfe should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, cigarette in one hand, jager bomb in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming holy $#!t, what a ride!!!'."

I'm not sure to originally said this, there's a few variations out there, but I like this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My headstone will say "I still don't give a ****"

or maybe even "Make sure I am really dead before talking ****"

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"Theres no one here, I was creamated and they spread my ashes on al gores grave, we buried mulch here in a big wood box to offset my carbon footprint"

"Jokes on you, I dont have to pay taxes"'

"Oops"

[edit on 24-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join