It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Want On Your Headstone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
nothing ... i want to be creamated

Word!

But if I had to have something "written" I'd like:

_____
|Bye?|
|____|

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have two I would like...I can't decide.....either will do...

" It was me, and I'm not sorry!"

or

" I'm behind you........."

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I want my to say:

Hey, it sounded like a good idea at the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What would I want on my tombstone??

Pepperoni, garlic, onions, black olives, extra chee......oops, you mean headstone!

Sorry, got hungry.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
"Love the Birds, Animals Bees and Trees,

For the one you now miss and weep is now their feed"

Written on a reclaimed old stone not Quarried slate if possible...

Elf

[edit on 16-8-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i can't think of anything else so.i guess GO RAIDERS!
or

LAST WORDS

WATCH THIS

Party hardy bury me in lsd
thats a great one!
i can't imagine wanting to be cremated
i got burned enough in life.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
nothing ... i want to be creamated

Ditto.

Just allow me a few hours for all the bio-photonic energy to dissipate, and this corpse of a body can be dust in the wind for all I care.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ahh poor weedwacker, someone beat you to that joke on page one, almost word for word.

haha great minds.

in reply to most everyone else, GREAT job, your contributions are just what i was hoping for, moving,funny, and full of positivity.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Or,

"SHHHH! I'm trying to sleep here!"

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Not sure but how about...

If you can read this... You are standing on a trapdoor'(In small size letters)

or...

'I told you it was loaded'

or...

'Oh, no! Not you again...'

or...

'Keep off the grass'

or...

'Ouch... That really hurt'

[edit on 16-8-2009 by aaa2500]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
addition to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Or,

"Warning: Five minute dancing on limit. Give everyone else a chance."

Methinks I need to stop.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ahhhhh! I looked Page 1, ddin't see.....OH! There it is, Page 2.....D'Oh!!

Do you think damage beer brain causes?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

haha opps my bad, it was page two, could have swore it was page one, well that's what i get for not fact checking

anyhow thanks for the contribution.

hope you didn't take me pointing out your repeat as something negative, that's why i threw in the great minds bit.

take care

edited to add: i really want pizza now

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It's all good......in fact, what do we indeed have to leave as a legacy? I know we all want to be remembered for having done some sort of "good" in our lives, which of course leads me to believe that we are all in this for the "good" of all, but, in the end does it really matter what is placed upon a stone of remembrance?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Hey honey, is this chicken kung pow still good?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb826de9503c.jpg[/atsimg]

I plan on getting cremated. I'm going to have them play AC/DC's Highway to Hell when they put me in the burner. I'm going out in style.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

well if you want to get that deep, does anything really have a point? where all just specs of sand, sitting on a ball of dirt, circling a ball of hydrogen, on the endless sea of the universe.

we could all be wiped out together at any moment (big meteor etc etc) annulling human history.

I however think it is important for people in the present, i know when i visit my fathers headstone, its a time for me to reflect on him alone, and it makes me happy.

Im not saying i HAVE to go there to get this feeling, it just comes without effort when i do visit, and that for me is a nice plus.

So in ending, yes it does matter, maybe not for more then a generation or two, but it does matter, to your family friends and loved ones, and you would want your quote to effect them in whatever way you see fit, so it should matter some to you.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I would hope, and I do appreciate what you have said, that what I have done physically in my life would be more than enough to prove what it was/ is that I am/ have been about. No accolades needed for me if that makes sense as we are all one in the same with certain regard. Hmmm...... I wish to not take away from those who have expressed serious concern in this matter, however, I do think it a little vain to have such put on such a totem. Make sense?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I also want to be cremated when I die... Just cuz I don't think I should take up any more space when I'm dead... or you can just throw my body in the woods and let the aminals feast on me... whatever.

For the sake of the thread though:

Illijitimati Non Carborundum

That's something an old friend told me when I was placed in a group home at 14, he said it meant "Don't let the [expletive] get you down". I've tried to live by it as much as possible.

I was just talking to my husband the other day about the 'curse of the Pharoah' or whatever... and I wondered, why can't I do something like that, but make my curse save the world somehow?

My headstone could say "She was buried with all the secrets of the Universe"... and then when someone digs me up and opens the casket, there could be a note that reads something like "The controllers of human society are hereby cursed, they will all die in horrible freak accidents in the next 7 days."

Hey, it's worth a try...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

ok, well whats wrong with having that and a headstone? who said you couldnt be remembered by both your actions and a site.

maybe you have never lost someone from your immediate family (you may have, i am in no way belittling your feelings on this matter), but for me, i am glad my father has a grave stone, and no there is no quote on it.

I will always remember him for what he was and how he thought, its just nice to have something that reminds me of that to, since lets be real, no buddy thinks of lost ones EVERYDAY.

Its nice to be reminded of how great they were from time to time.

does that means the headstone is great? heck no, just means it reminds you of someone who was great, and that's... kinda great (corny i know, couldn't resist)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join