It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Amazing UFO Mexico City 8-1-2009!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It doesn't seem to have been posted here on ATS and everyone should see it.

My initial reaction is; either the real deal or CGI.

Mexican news media is working on a CGI analysis.

The craft looks familiar from several other UFO videos (could someone help me track them down?).

Inputs, opinions?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Bin liner balloon IMHO

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Okay.

But... where is the string, and the Mexican kid holding on to it?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Looks like Boba Fett's Slave 1

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The balloon is floating freely in the wind.
I've seen enough of those now on videos I want to get one.
I will be sure to keep it securely tied to my lawn chair.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Looks like some kind of remote control. I have seen ones like this that use high powered fans. Could be somebody with a hobby, like remote control helicopters or air planes.

You can clearly see and make out the square body of the craft...

Doesn't look like UFO to me.....

Of course...IMHO

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just wanted to mention that this is the link to the original video, and here you can watch it in high quality:
www.youtube.com...

But the quality of the footage is still very poor.
I don't think this is CGI, I think it is a real object.

Anyway, this was obviously filmed over a populated area in daylight, so does the OP know if there has been any other witness reports about this UFO? (I don't speak or read the language, so it difficult for me to look for newspaper articles and so on.) If there hasn't been other reports, that may suggest that it is an object which other witnesses recognized as something mundane, like a balloon or advertising blimp.

All other information about the sighting I could find through the original YouTube video, was a link to this page. It has a screenshot from the fuzzy video:
analuisacid.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

What an awsome find . I dont know what it is but thanks for sharing with us here at ATS. Isnt it interesting how something can just fly around over a city and there are no planes checking it out. Isnt there security in Mexico????

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sorry to digress, but I just had the most wicked episode of de ja vu after watching that video in this thread, thinking about the humor of him wanting to track the bug as it flew by.

What's weird is that the feeling of de ja vu is actually in the de ja vu. Oh my...I think I need to stop coming to these ball...alien/ufo threads.
No disrepect, all in good fun.

But seriously...in the beginning of the video, I thought I might have seen some kind of maneuver that I couldn't explain with anything but the movement of the trees in the wind, but by the 20 second mark or so and onward, my impression was that of a balloon, floating in the sky with probably just as much speed as the wind in the trees would seem to correlate with.

Still...not entirely discountable, and if nothing else, it kept me glued three times.

S&F
Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
well that footage reminds me a bit of this, by jeff willes -

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Obvious hoax. The building are grayed out by smog yet this UFO isnt indicating it is much, much closer.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Looks like a metallic balloon floating in the wind to me.

no offense to the OP..but this sort of rubbish will keep coming out of Mexico as long as they have that weekly TV program showing all the clips.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the video ziggyproductions05, an awesome video.

Although the same object? I'm not so sure.

I said initially that this object looks familiar to me, so I did some backtracking and realized I've seen it (IMO) in some of Cristian Soldano's videos (an Argentinian who seems to be stalked by strange unidentified flying objects).

Examples:

www.dailymotion.com...

and another video not from Soldano,

I bet there are more, and I bet some of you can post them here,

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
no offense to the OP..but this sort of rubbish will keep coming out of Mexico as long as they have that weekly TV program showing all the clips.

Excuse me for not being enlightened enough to understand, but why is this rubbish?

Because you have decided for yourself that this is a balloon?

Because it's out of Mexico, or because television news media over there takes the UFO phenomenon seriously, and debate these objects in talk shows (which happens in the US as well by the way)?

IMO, it should be on the 8'clock news every day, because it is the most important event ever to take place in the history of mankind.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Jeff Willes video is very like these 2. Medellin
Lake Havasu

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes IMO, because its obviously a balloon and the chances of the person filming it not knowing it was a balloon is very low as our eyes are way better than that camera. It looks like a balloon and it floats like a balloon and the size v distance is right for a balloon. I wish it was a UFO but its not. Im sick to death of bits of out of focused videos of dots in the sky coming from Mexico.

Im not blaming you as you were only asking peoples opinions and in my opinion its a very sad attempt to pass something normal off as a UFO.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm happy you're not blaming me, and you do have a right to your opinion.

I disagree though. Definitely not a balloon.

Check the last image of the video, where the picture is shown in negative.

The object is evidently square, with some type of radiance on each side,

What type of balloon are we talking about here?

Watch the video entirely, see how the object first goes down, travel below the treeline and then rise upwards again, the wind doesn't seem to be particularly strong or go anywhere in particular,

It rotates around its own axis only, in a vertical position.

If that was a square, metallic ballon and the wind carried it first down, then up, then it would tumble through the air. Only if a string was attached would it stay straight, but I don't see no string,

And I still say it's the same object as in the other videos I recently posted.

Wow atlantean, that Lake Havatsu video deserves a thread of its own

A clear image of an unidentifiable object, metallic, no balloon, not a bird, airplane, drone or satellite debris. And no it's not a bug on the lens, anymore than the airliner passing by.

I'm hoping for many good laughs when debunkers try to explain that one away,

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

If not a very bright flying flash light, which it is not then it is impossible
for us to have such brightness allowed by the Illuminati so it must
fall into the Tesla bulb category.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
well that footage reminds me a bit of this, by jeff willes -

Here is what Willis filmed:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7556d59e378.jpg[/atsimg]

It's a silver mylar heart shaped helium balloon.

The video in the OP also looks like a balloon so no wonder it looks familiar to you. The movements in the OP video are at least more interesting with up and down motion, whereas the one in the Willes video just floats by.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The object may seem square but thats what happens to bright objects when they are at full zoom with digital camera's. Its to do with the square pixels.

The balloon is a heart shape i think. Its a metallic balloon that has been in the air for a while or wasn't fully inflated that's why its drops slightly. The overall movement is very consistent with how balloons drift about. I live in a seaside holiday resort and there are always metallic balloons floating around that kids have accidentally let go. They start to leak gas when they get to a certain height due to the reduced air pressure (or burst) then when they have lost just enough to not be lighter then they just drift and bob up and down with the air currents that pas over the tops of buildings. In the summer i see them every day bobbing over the tops of houses and buildings before they finally land or get caught up somewhere.

The horizontal rotation is because of the shape of the balloon. Heart shape balloons cant tumble like a round balloon.The radiance on the object is cause by the refraction of light against the stretched metallic surface + the fact its out of focus.

You have to understand the situation in Mexico a bit. They are UFO mad because there is a weekly show on TV displaying all the UFO vids people have sent in. At first this seems like a great idea until you realize the only reason they are doing this is because overall its a VERY cheap TV program to produce..showing other peoples bits of film. So the producers have no incentive to do any real investigating. They just put any old bit of film with an out of focused dot in the air just to fill up the air time. This gives the impression that there is a flap over Mexico when there isnt.IMO this is very damaging to the entire UFO subject.

I don't even class these as UFO's they are NOOFO's : Normal Out Of Focus Objects.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry guys, but you simply have to revise your theories.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e04893cdf72.png[/atsimg]

Here's a blow-up of the object in negative.

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
The object may seem square but thats what happens to bright objects when they are at full zoom with digital camera's. Its to do with the square pixels.

That could perhaps be possible if the object was smaller, and the pixel capacity of the camera low, but I'm convinced that's not the case here. Why don't you get a good video graphics experts opinion on it? Se how not only the object is square, but the light radiating from it outlines the object's shape.

Square (at least from this angle), not heart-shaped, and in does not seem deflated.

So now you're going to say a SpongeBob balloon, right?

Please show me one single helium-filled balloon that first sinks downwards, only to rise upwards again, explain how this happens physically, and I will consider this for now very unlikely theory.

Two more videos of - it seems to me - the same or the same type of object:

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
it is impossible for us to have such brightness allowed by the Illuminati so it must
fall into the Tesla bulb category.

Hold on while I call up my old physics teacher to see if I can get that confirmed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join