It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS become A Right Wing Side Show!?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
" Heh heh, this is hilarious given the fact that women did not have the right to vote
until 1920.

Also it was NOT illegal for a man to abuse his wife, many women were killed and the husbands did no time.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Rockpuck

Geez I can clearly see what side your on, and the disturbing trend here is the threads that are against our president and our country. Someones jealous.

How does that even make sense?

It's a conspiracy site!!!! CONSPIRACY .. the topics are almost always going to center around the government and their actions! it has nothing to do with party affiliations!

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Why are you so upset? You should be laughing at those of us that consider ourselves conservatives. You won, we lost. You have the Senate, POTUS, the House, the media.

Why are you so upset that there are those of us that exercise our first ammendment rights?

Do you want us to shut up? Shut us out? Shut us down? Want to start censoring what we post, what threads we start?

Why in the hell are you liberals so damn angry all the time?

You appear to need someone to hate.
What? Smokers not enough for you? How about christians? Why not hate them for a while and leave us alone. You could always pick on someone who started their own business, liberals hate those greed-heads who have money!

Relax, NoJoker. Relax. We may have comments that you disagree with, but if they majority is saying something that you don't agree with, maybe (just maybe) you might be wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
The best forum communities I have ever used catered to the liberal mindset and ran off conservatives & religious loonies. It is a shame ATS can't do the same. The fact is (proven scientifically) that conservatives are not open to differing viewpoints. In fact the more evidence they are presented with the firmer their twisted stance becomes. This site has a conservative christian cabal that almost renders it useless.

Wow...generalize much?
I can't speak for anyone other than myself, so, while you can freely paint all "conservatives" and "conservative Christians" with a broad brush, I can only speak for one member of the group in question. I suppose you might say that I'm 'less open to differing viewpoints', in the sense that I'm a rather skeptical person by nature. When someone presents a viewpoint that is at odds with mine, I don't tend to simply agree for the sake of agreement. I have a nasty, ugly habit of saying 'prove it'. You want me to believe we didn't land on the Moon in 1969? Build your case, lay out your facts. You want me to believe that JFK was shot by an entire platoon of riflemen scattered around the plaza from the Grassy Knoll to the Overpass? Prove it. Want me to believe that President Obama's birth certificate is a fake? Prove it.

Oh yeah...in keeping with that theme...you make the claim that there's scientific proof that conservatives are more close-minded? Show me. Note that I didn't say it didn't exist..I'm actually open to the possibility *grin*...but making a claim like that without proof borders on insult.

Don't mistake high standards of proof for close-mindedness.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well Bush was "successful" in what he wanted to do, and the entire thing was a complete failure that hurt the country. If only people had stood up and done something about it, instead of blindly supporting it maybe it could have been avoided.

I can tell by your posts that you are so wrapped in the false 2 party paradigm that there is no telling you anything. You are no different than the people you point fingers at, just the other side of the same coin.

Maybe someday you'll figure out that the republicans and democrats are really just 1 party, which when combined make up a communist/authoritative party, and the only other "party" against them is marginalized by them.

Combine the government the democrats want, with the government the republicans want, and you get a completely authoritative government.

Did Obama get rid of any of the bad things Bush did? Nope.

Go ahead and name a program either side has gotten rid of in the past 30 years. I'll wait. The only idiocy is people who buy into the 2 party system and don't see the soft despotism around them.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

Exactly,Negotium of Verum all they really care about is keeping their backers happy and maintaining their own personal power.One of my biggest fears is that by the time these true believers realize that it does not matter who is in the white house and congress it will be far to late.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Alright nothing has to do with party affiliations, do I really have to site examples of conspiracies that deal with party affiliation? Lets be honest that statement you just made has zero basis.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
You guys are giving everything a lite touch, the influx of anti-Obama threads directly or indirectly stems from People thinking he will roll out the red carpet for Mexicans and Blacks when it comes to affordable health care and other Government programs.

Apparently the elitist on this site want quality health care all to themselves, they don't care if the poor and middle class die. They probably would prefer a thinning out of the populace anyway.

Lets not play games and hide our true colors, most people who make radical political themed threads or either Bible thumpers, racist gun totting revolutionaries or just plain ignorant throwbacks.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I backed Bush because he was MY president. Just as I back Obama for the same reason, you my friend are dillusional to think otherwise. I am for my country thick or thin, not for any specific party thats why my voters preference is undeclared. My point is that the people in this country have lost site of the ideals that made us American, the largest of which to me is Faith in one's country.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I want you to have faith in your country regardless of the man in charge I'm not affiliated to any party, I'm undeclared. If anything I'd say I'm an American and you guys are when it's convenient.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would like to take a stab at explaining the OP's complaints.

• Democrats are in control now, they are TPTB (bad guys in ATS vocabulary). If Bush were still president you would see a majority anti-Republican sentiment at ATS.

• Obama's health plan is a very hot topic right now and it contains enough money, power, and secrecy to warrant posts on ATS.

• Ron Paul (Republican) and a few people like him seem to have a large internet following right now. He shares many of the beliefs and complains most the ATS members have. For example, I've always been a registered Democrat but I disagree with the party right now and strongly support Ron Paul.

• Many of the Republican party's stated key descriptive features (limited government, no new taxes, pro capitalism, support for the constitution) are also desired by many ATS members, so they might tend to more easily side with the Republican party when push comes to shove. I believe most ATS members side with the Independent party or none at all, but the line can often get blurred.

I think the OP might be overreacting slightly.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Alright nothing has to do with party affiliations, do I really have to site examples of conspiracies that deal with party affiliation? Lets be honest that statement you just made has zero basis.

...I can name more people than I have fingers to count with that were declared liberals when Bush was in office and are considered Conservatives now that Obama is in office. People I have had the pleasure to know for years.. unlike you, I am not a new member with 2009 in my profile coming in here declaring "oh how things have changed" ....

The site administrators I am certain would fully agree.. as they discounted the countless claims by Republicans that Democrats were in control of the site.. based on the administration in power, the political leanings change as anger is re-appropriated to the new powers that be.

There will always be Republican and Democratic trolls... hell... I see two in this thread already that are definitely Democratic Trolls... one suggests we "run off" conservatives.

You just got to shake your head and smile.. there like the crazy uncles of the board, just wouldn't be family without em.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No ATS has not become a right wing side-show its become a side-show of people who actually believe there is a right and left wing

Honestly you'd have to be blinding yourself at this point to not see through the right-left illusion that they have used to separate and divide us as a nation.

There has been, however, a rise in partisanship, the blind leading the blind and spreading the lie that is Democrat Vs. Republican as opposed to uniting for the common cause of saving this nation from those that seek to tear it, and us, asunder...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

I would say I'm over reacting just a wee bit. But if you've read my other posts I have no affiliation except to my country, I backed Bush because he was president just like I'm now backing Obama. By the way I also voted for Bush and voted for Obama not because of the media's view but because putting the other idiot in seemed like a stupid move. And your assumption of my problem with the internet at the moment is pretty spot on.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

Speaking of Ron Paul.. I would say if anything there is a growing Libertarian population on ATS.. some might consider that "Conservative".. though many Libertarians are very Liberal.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I've been a member here before quite a few times, I love how people that have nothing to attack always go for the date card. pathetic.

I'd say since about 2006. Since I found this site.

I didn't see you ask for me to site examples of party affiliation conspriacy, I suppose I made my point then.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Again can people read through my posts and get a basis of who I am before posting someone elses regurgitated material. Since people have already made that point well... about 5 times already. I understand it isn't Right or Left but clearly the biased views lately on the site are from the right. I'm neither, again I'm undeclared. I voted for bush and I also voted for Obama because and I'm repeating this again they seemed like the lesser idiot to vote for. I am all for country through thick and thin, the everyday american has lost that pride.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
my mistake
edited for incorrect quote,

[edit on 073131p://f15Saturday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have noticed a trend in the site lately aswell,it's not that which upsets me though.It's that the democrat/republican paradigm is still actually viewed by alot of people as legitimate.It's not,its a farce and one which i thought my fellow ATS'ers would be able to see right through.It seems alot of people view politics and parties as a sport,where they cheer on their *team* and boo the other one.Not realising the game was fixed to begin with and that it's simply entertainment to please the crowds.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Solomons]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join