It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO's found in the Orion Nebula Deep Space Hubble Photo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Oh please post. Even if it turns out to be a most likely a dust particle. These images are very interesting to very large number of us and we enjoy the chance to view and make our own opinions.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
God I wish my little Meade 12" made the Orion Nebula look like that...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Although I am a firm believer in life outside of this little blue planet, that does not mean I have entirely given over the very fabric of my soul to the idea that Star Wars type scenarios are taking place out in the far reaches of space at this very moment. People who rush heart-first into conclusions like the one in the OP need to start appreciating the universe for what it is.

Just because what you're looking at is a proto-planetary disk and not an interstellar alien city does not make it any less fascinating or your life any less dreary. If people started looking at the majesty of the natural forces that exist in our universe instead of manufacturing the fantastic without basis or logic for the sake of some kind of masochistic self-deception, the majority of the population would be much, much happier.

An interstellar city would be wicked cool, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
That looks to me (a non-expert) like an anomaly in the imaging. It doesn't resemble any sort of UFO I've ever heard of. The scale is unimaginably wrong for it to be a UFO.

We're talking about a nebula that is many light years in extent, and about 1300 light years distant. Something as big as this apparent object would be billions of miles across. That's just too big to be an artificial object. Plus it would be very expensive.

I think that images of galaxies and dust clouds and other space phenomena function something like a Rorschach test, pretty much a meaningless pattern into which we project our own meanings. I think it says more about the viewer, than about the object itself.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well for starters the size of your object would be at least 17 times the diameter of our solar system, according to known size of the nebula. That would be a VERY large spacecraft....

Although it is not known for sure what those 'anomalies' are, it is believed they are protoplanetary discs(since nebula are how stars are formed and thus solar systems).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfd0c2af1cfd.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy:www.solarviews.com...

Edge-on Protoplanetary Disk In The Orion Nebula
Target Name: Orion Nebula
Spacecraft: Hubble Space Telescope
Instrument: Wide Field and Planetary Camera 2
Produced by: NASA
Copyright: NASA Copyright Free Policy
Cross Reference: STScI-PRC95-45c
Date Released: 20 November 1995

www.solarviews.com...

Resembling an interstellar Frisbee, this is a disk of dust seen edge-on around a newborn star in the Orion nebula, located 1,500 light-years away. Because the disk is edge-on, the star is largely hidden inside, in this striking Hubble Space Telescope picture. The disk may be an embryonic planetary system in the making. Our solar system probably formed out of just such a disk 4.5 billion years ago. At 17 times the diameter of our own solar system, this disk is the largest of several recently discovered in the Orion nebula.

The left image is a three-color composite, taken in blue, green, and red emission lines from glowing gas in the nebula. The right image was taken through a different filter, which blocks any bright spectral emission lines from the nebula, and hence the disk itself is less distinctly silhouetted against the background. However, clearly visible in this image are nebulosities above and below the plane of the disk; these betray the presence of the otherwise invisible central star, which cannot be seen directly due to dust in the edge-on disk.

The images were taken between January 1994 and March 1995, and a study of their characteristics has been submitted for publication to the Astronomical Journal.

Credit: Mark McCaughrean (Max-Planck-Institute for Astronomy), C. Robert O'Dell (Rice University), and NASA

www.solarviews.com...

Recent thread on the 'anomaly'...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The other object also appears to be the same thing. Very interesting stuff none-the-less, looking at the likely early formation of a solar system.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have the Hubble book 2nd edition. On page 24 it has a close up of the Nebula taken in 2006, the cigar shaped object appears in that photo. So if this image was taken in 94-95 it was still there almost 10yrs later.

Your Meade 12" can show the nebula like this, using a camera and long exposure photography. I sucked at it the last time I had the chance to photograph it but have learned a lot since then. You'd be surprised at what you will find in the pictures that you don't see in the scope. I use an 8in scope an without combining multiple shots I was still able to pick up a lot things I didn't notice in the scope, the color is cool too!

I think you missed this one:

The darker object does appear to be an edge on "proto-planetary system", I'm guessing the one in my picture is face on? The slightly large, less dense one definitely appears to be a star, with material being blown off it from the Trapezium. What intrigues me though is if you look to the bottom right of the darker one there is a bigger star with a huge bow shock, the darker object does not appear to be effected in the same way despite being "closer" to the Trapezium. Then again...I'm not an astrophysicist, I just like to use my telescope!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
yo that torn magazine page scan that you posted, with the objects in saturns rings...

i've never seen that image before, is that one real? the pics i saw of the cylinders were no where near that good looking

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Well for starters the size of your object would be at least 17 times the diameter of our solar system, according to known size of the nebula. That would be a VERY large spacecraft....
snip

THIS is what I think most who look into these pictures, and see possible evidence of ET, aren't taking into proper consideration. To me the immense size of these structures rules out things such as alien-made craft, dust particles, meteors(?), and the like.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by tjack]

[edit on 15-8-2009 by tjack]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The picture of Orion Nebula would have taken well over 40 hours exposure to get the colours seen, its not a simple case of point and click. So *IF* anything was out there and floating about then it would obviously leave a exposure trail across the photograph.
Its more than likely a area of star formation where a new solar system is starting to emerge, think of it like a fog-machine and then spinning your arms around in it. Your going to clear the air around you as the smoke dissipates to the outside..same principle.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
love it how everyone assumes the size "is too big to be anything" - like they have actually been to the four corners of the universe...

Nice find - MASSIVE - lets hope they are here to party

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

this is so smart!! this is the most intelligent sentence I read

an article say scientists themselves make assumptions but say we do not have the opportunity to make the bottom of this hypothesis ,they set up theories, but this remains theory until another scientist to come sweeping through the new and the others follow as usual by reading the articles on wikipedia .so how we could be sure about what we saw,and especially with a subject as complicated to consider like deep space, i believe that many people on ATS already traveled the univers
what a chance !!!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If it is a ufo, its got to be huge!! It could be a space station studying the nebula or something like that. Great find!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've nothing much to add that hasn't been already been posted. The Orion Nebula image is beautiful...I'd like to share an image of the Carina Nebula that you can view...HERE! Click to magnify. It's thousands of light years closer than the Orion Nebula...and if you look carefully it also has the dark objects in the field....'dark globules.'

Here's a smaller image with the areas mapped out

[img ][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/824179f1182e.jpg[/atsimg][/img ]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

For all I can say that is that who ever wants to claim this picture found it first i think NASA did. and second it is indeed hard to say from these large distances if we are talking about UFO's in this scenery. But what are we looking at we are looking at maybe the past and i mean maybe billions of years ago when there was maybe even live as we know it. What do we know if we look at this creation. And then if it was a large lets say star trek kind of station that was looking at this marvelous nebula . Why would they exist in out 3d dimension and not some higher frequency . No at these pictures we see we are all Neanderthals! with 20 percent more brain

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Please post any further comments or opinions to this ongoing thread of the same subject and predates this thread by a day.

Hubble Telescope image: Orion Nebula artifact convinces me of ET existence

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join