It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wal mart scam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was in wallyworld today and noticed that it looked different. Like they were going to remodel or something.
I did notice that the only brand of shredded cheese that they had were walmart brand.
I'm going to go back in tomorrow and check out the other aisles to see what else is different.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

When I was working there I was a maintenance associate up until I got shafted. My supervisor decided to change his peoples work schedules without checking with management. He wanted us to work a staggered schedule come in 30minutes to hour late on certain days and leave late by the same amount so one of us could stay behind and clean up the entire store and do any left over work during shift change. Suffice it to say being delayed by that much and having to play catch up and then be expected to pick up the mess of the entire store was a crock. Not to mention it conflicted with my transportation. I went all the way to the store manager over my supervisors behavior and abuse of authority but in end he decided that a supervisor with 7 years experience vs a regular flunkie with just 2 years that he was right. I lost my job a bonus and vacation time all because of the way this company runs.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I wont say all walmarts are ran crooked, i cant i havent been to all of them but i do know my area, i live in illinois less than an hour from where they built the largest walmart so they say. Around here managers and assistant managers are everywhere and associates are few. If they truly want to make it better how about less cheifs who wont answer customers as for a magical pad that tells you whats in stock, I saw them all the time but guees what they were broke or not in use i always had to go check in back. You cant really go by the walmart that you were the big assistant manager and say this is how it is. Ive caught people by that title taking 2 hour lunches, spending time with pretty female associates behind locked doors, and even stealing items because there power was absolute. once again not saying all walmarts just saying you cant go by what happens where you are!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

My hats off to you for trying to work well with your associates and giving them the respect, however, you seem to be one of the very few and now you see why. Yes, the supervisor should overlook the schedule and make sure not just one person is in the shop working with dangerous tools all alone.....Yes, the supervisor should monitor the hours for placement and status of FT or PT employment...... Yes, the previous supervisor ,in my own opinion, should be repremanded for the crap he pulled hiring in this person at a lower wage.....and that is exactly my point! The managerial groups of Walmart dont give a rats ass about the associate and if they do, they are downgraded, laid off, moved to another store or straight out fired. I have never, nor will ever work for such a company. I have worked my fair share for corperations and have fought many a time about how my employees were treated and looked at as nothing but a warm body and a number. The managers I have delt with at Walmart were so stressed out, or had their heads so far up their regional managers ass, they didnt care what my concerns were. Im sorry you lost your job, but truthfully....youre lucky....stay away from that company.....they dont care....~suth

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
reply to post by suthainn

As far as the scheduling goes, the assistant manager is as fault for not properly scheduling the service areas, if he or she is not scheduling people to work the area based on the customer count, then that assistant is responsible for your working alone, not the home office. The F6 button modifies a shift when the shedules are being done 3 weeks in advance, so sorry to burst your bubble on that one. If you are working short handed then that is another issue altogether.

I don't know about your store but at *my* store the schedules *are* generated by the home office. I work at a very high sales store (over 1m) Since the decision to allow home office to dictate scheduling took place, the electronics department is scheduling associates really haywire. 1 person in Electronics for 6 hours, while me (wireless) picks up the slack on that. My 'service area' only has two people so given that scenario, our shecules are quite consistant, but this is rare at Wal-Mart. Our front-end is also in chaos ie: more cashiers scheduled overnight or on week-days at odd hours like 5am to 1pm etc. Very little coverage on weekends to accomidate high business needs. This is also contributing to customer complains associated with "bad customer service". Yes the home office does control the schedule *here* at least. It may be the assistants and the store manager etc, that is making it that way by not presenting business needs to regional, but again ultimately it *is* controlled by the home office. This is from the mouth of all the assistants and the store manager of my store (because I asked). Management is also changing in the next week. Less assistants, 4 co managers and a new several new managers that will not be assistants but higher than department managers.

I have to say that you spening time with assosiates was an honorable trait. Most managers at my store do not do that either. I'm sorry for your recent situation there.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Wookiep]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
well i live in texas and i can tell you just about everyone wal mart i have been in has been remodeled recently.

in the past year i have lived in 3 different towns.

2 of which have undergone remodeling and the third is about to go under.
i am related to the head honcho who runs this wal mart near the ft worth area and he told me recently that some major changes are about to happen and what not.

idk but now that i have read this thread it seems like alot of wal marts are getting remodeled.

good find =]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dkhurricane
well i live in texas and i can tell you just about everyone wal mart i have been in has been remodeled recently.

in the past year i have lived in 3 different towns.

2 of which have undergone remodeling and the third is about to go under.
i am related to the head honcho who runs this wal mart near the ft worth area and he told me recently that some major changes are about to happen and what not.

idk but now that i have read this thread it seems like alot of wal marts are getting remodeled.

good find =]

Most Wal-marts get re-modeled every 5-7 years. It's nothing new, it's been something they do for quite a long time and it didn't just start this year.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
While my situation sucks and I thank you for your replies to the matter, Wal*Mart is not the evil dictator that everyone plays it out to be.

Here is why I believe this:

Every store is not a model of perfection, yes, however they do try to do the best they can with the changing times and the overhauls that it takes for the company to stay the #1 retailer in the world. When you are on top you need to be 20 steps ahead of the competition and unfortunately the associates sometimes get left in the dust.

As far as management goes, and I am not under confidentiality law anymore considering my release I can tell you that management is scheduled to be put on 12 hour days and four day work weeks coming by the beginning of next year. This is supposed to help maximize associate interaction and coverage in each of the stores, also in providing a healthier work-life balance among management. This is proably the key reason that so many people have bad experiences and is one of the #1 reasons I got fired was because I didn't have time for everyone. I was expected to do the work of 5 people plus my own duties in running our 160 employees, cleaning up the store, resolving customer issues, and ensuring a smooth inventory flow/ordering process/planning process in the meantime. This was an absolute bitch to juggle the various aspects of the stores' operations for one person.

I will not begin to deny that there are managers out there who abuse the system, and store managers who allow it, it is wrong and I will be the first to admit that, however there are alot of good managers out there who are trying very hard to improve the way of life of the customer and the associate. The biggest issue that is taking place is that there is alot of kickback amongst the associates vs. management. Things are changing and alot of the long-term associates do not like it, therefore they do not want to change what they are familiar and comfortable with.

The bottom line and whole purpose of this thread was to prove or disprove that Walmart is a conspiracy in the making by sucking up the states' and governments' budget handouts. I'm sorry but working on the inside and knowing how difficult it is to run even a small division 1 store I can honestly tell you there is no conspiracy there. They are struggling to make things work just as everyone else is in this economy, only they have to deal with hundreds of thousands of workers and a few billion people on top of that.

One of the biggest kickers is that WalMart has recently changed head honchos and alot of the upper regional and home office management has either retired or moved to different areas of the world for a change of pace or other reasons. This is causing big wakes in the current recession and doesn't really help matters much right now.

All in all I am sorry that so many of you have gotten in trouble and either lost their jobs like I did or had their hours reduced, but in the case of the Maintainence worker who had his hours changed......The store manager made his descision based on the total store need, not the needs of one individual. Unfortunately for you, and it was the same in our store as well, the buisiness need comes first, then the associate need. This is the order that the company plays.

Now before you go flaming me for this, I'll explain why so there is clarity: The buisiness need is THE CUSTOMER NEED. The store must be taken care of as a whole before the transportation issues of one associate can be taken into account. Unfortunately, if management on every level tried to "accommodate" every associate, the company would be bankrupt and wouldn't last the year. It simply isn't possible. I honestly believe that you were not personally singled out and discriminated against, however you do have to take a step back after the fact and look at it from the other perspective and think about why the descision was made and that they have alot more to worry about as far as consequences than you do.

Conspiracy, no. I know better.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some old friends have informed me they are indeed hurting so much now they are going to implement new cost saving strategies. Two of which will be making employees pay 50 cents for a paper pay stub viewing it online will be free. The extra $1 Sunday per hour will be eliminated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join