It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wal mart scam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok I dont know about the rest of the country but at all 6 wal marts in the area i live in are doing some serious re modeling . I was told by a friend whos father is high up on the food chain there is that all wal marts are doing a lot of un needed remodeling so they can show a loss of profit and get a sort of government bail out. has anyone heard anything like this and has your local wal marts been remodeling.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have not heard of anyhting suspicious, but yes the Wal-Mart's are doing re-modeling in my area in CO. Our's were looking like crap outside and all of the shops around it are newer shops. I bet they are trying to just update the image to fit in with the other shops. I will update you if I hear anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourdiesel
I bet they are trying to just update the image to fit in with the other shops.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
North Carolina here I know of two Super Walmarts in different towns both doing remodeling.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
oh yeah i am in central Florida and one of them they are remodeling was not even 3 years old and in great shape

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i'm telling you it is so they can get in on the government handouts

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yes walmarts here in western MI are not only remodeling, but some are even upgrading from a regular to super wal-mart. I just assumed that it was time for a face lift, but now that you mention it I did recently here someone talking about wal-mart posting losses for the first time in over a decade or something to that affect.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ironjello

Well, as far as I know, wal-mart is computer controlled, if one changes everyone will eventully change, just try asking an employee a simple question like, can you carry this product? old time grocery stores actually listened to the customer and if a product was demanded enough they would carry it, sometimes even if 1 person asks for it it will be ordered, but not with wal-mart, the response you will get, even if your talking to the head manager of the wal-mart you are in is, "uh sorry it's all computer automated I don't know, we don't make those decicions", the inventory is copied from nearing stores but never exactly, anyway, about your bailout conspiracy theory, pretty much every single comedian that has mentioned the bailout has also mentioned that wal-mart is still raking in the money, wal-mart is never going to get a bailout even if they tried to lose money, their just making too much money, nobody feels sorry for them, I just don't see the conpiracy being realistic.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I haven't noticed any remodeling around here. What I have noticed is that the walmart brand has taken on a new look. Also taking on more shelf space.

The other night at walmart I noticed all the sugar except for 6 facings (2 each on 3 shelves) were all walmart brand. The other facing was domino sugar. Did C&H go out of business? I've also noticed in other areas of the store where their brand is taking up more space also and the price of the walmart brand isn't any cheaper in some cases higher.

Perhaps they are remodeling to bring in more of their own private label. What happens to these name brands if they don't get any shelf space? I thought these name brands paid huge sums of money for shelf facings of their product. Why would you get rid of those brands to sell almost only your own brand? Unless you were planning on uping the price to the same as those and even higher.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
They are remodeling to keep different kind of customers. Lot of new customers, because of economy, spend more money their than their original customers. They are also going to offer less brands and more high end products.

In other words, they have already eliminated most of the competition now they can jack up the prices on what they offer.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Dont put it past "The Demise of Made In America" Incorporated. I seriously dont doubt any nefarious acts of the global gluttonous entity. I would comment on the marts in my area, but I seriously just do not pay any attention to them or shop in them to know what goes on behind their trecherous veil.

Sorry for the hate/flame comments. I just really get in that state of mind even thinking about that company.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well here in PA, although the Walmart I'm talking about is just outside of PA in WV, they're actually tearing down the walmart that we have there and moving it just across the street because I guess they want more room or something, but they are remodeling it here.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The walmart near us in fort worth is remodeling, who knows why I think it was fine before

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Am I the only ATS member that will admit that I like Walmart?

When I went there today I bought good quality food, very good quality bed sheets and saved a ton of money on my medical supplies.

One of the few things I don't buy at Walmart are my shoes and clothes.

I can afford to shop where I want but choose to be frugal when possible.

Why all the hatred for Walmart? Do you hate Sears, Belks, Pennys, and the other retail stores too?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow, after this many wallmarts remolding with so few posts it seems like 50% of them are remodeling!

YOU JUST MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING OP!

Star and flag!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I LOVE WAL-MART! So its not just you. The fact is that many of the people on this board hate any company or indivdual that has found a way to be successful.

I doubt there is some huge conspiracy regarding WalMart doing some store upgrades. More likely that they are doing it to lower profits for the sake of saving some income taxes when things are going well or these things have been planned for a few years.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In Dallas(Garland) they closed a Huge Hypermart and built a brand new one a few blocks away. They also built a brand new one just off the highway about 3 miles away. They are now building 2 more within a 5 mile radius. ALL of which are built on torn down government housing apartments.

In Mesquite, Dallas/Garland bordewr, they built one within the last 7 years that is being remodeled. As well as built another brand new one, that was also on torn down government housing apratment within the last 2 years. Kinda odd, it also had a US Marshal Horse Stables/Training few acres on the corner of the land. It's on the highway 2 miles away....

I went to them recently buying some older Sports Cards they still had and ALL are either new or remodel'd... could be just trying to change thier image and capture more market share...

LoL.... when you start to think about it all....hmm.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by The Change Weenie]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.retailnet.com...

Wal-Mart to remodel 1,800 stores
Drug Store News
Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Wal-Mart this year will begin an 18-month remodeling program that touches 1,800 stores and, according to vice chairman John Menzer, is the most significant remodeling undertaking in company history.

His comments came Tuesday evening at the Citigroup 2006 Retail Field Trip and Conference in South Florida where Menzer noted the remodeling program is part of a broader effort to upgrade costumers' experience in Wal-Mart stores by improving the layout and appearance of the apparel department, upgrading bathrooms and eliminating clutter. The look of the remodeled stores is intended to mirror a supercenter that opened roughly a year ago in Rogers, Ark., near Wal-Mart headquarters.

Menzer's wide-ranging comments also touched on an operational realignment, new marketing initiatives, RFID, health care and the issue of sustainability.

As for store growth, Menzer said in the most recently ended fiscal year, the company opened 341 new stores, of which 267 are domestic supercenters. Those new units encompassed approximately 55 million square feet of additional selling space. This year, Menzer reaffirmed Wal-Mart's commitment to add between 335 to 370 stores, of which 270 to 280 units will be supercenters.

In total, Wal-Mart plans to open 60 million square feet in new stores this year.

To provide investors some clarity on Wal-Mart's ability to maintain such significant growth, Menzer noted that Wal-Mart's real estate committee, which meets monthly, has approved plans for 1,500 stores in the United Sates. He did not specify a time frame in which those stores would open, but did say Wal-Mart will likely open more stores in 2007 than it plans to in 2006.

WalMart would be fine if they didn't always have screaming children in stereo.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't go to Wal-Mart very often...maybe 3 or 4 times a year; however, every time I go in one to shop, they're remodeling. It stands out in my memory because they had aisles closed and also because they moved stuff around, making it difficult for me to find what I was looking for.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ironjello

This plan was implemented by wal mart in 2006 they were going to remodel 1800 stores. There goal sell more apparel sporting goods and electronics. The look of the remodeled stores is intended to mirror a supercenter that opened 2005 in Rogers, Ark., near Wal-Mart headquarters.So to end your conspiracy this was planed long ago And every time they renovated a store discovered the store made more money so obviously the plan worked. As far as financially wal mart just released july sales figures and they beat there projected sales figures so there doing great.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join