It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 52
<< 49  50  51   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What this all comes down to is a intentional cover-up by multiple nations as to what really occurred. They were successful at the coverup and minimizing the story. For the most part, most of the world doesn't even know this event happened, let alone any of the seemingly mysterious facts of the case.

What was it carrying, we will probably never find out......but I'm pretty sure it was more than just timber. The powers that be have all worked together to make sure no one finds out. When you have Russia, Europe and America all work to hush something up, that alone speaks volumes that it was something serious.
edit on 29-1-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There's no evidence of a cover up and you claim that it was hushed up and many people dont know about it. I'm fairly sure that all major news outlets were on the story when it broke. So if people dont know about it, it's their own fault.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
There's no evidence of a cover up and you claim that it was hushed up and many people dont know about it. I'm fairly sure that all major news outlets were on the story when it broke. So if people dont know about it, it's their own fault.

No evidence of a cover up??? Just piecing the puzzle together makes it scream of information not being released and events not adding up. Sure a cover story made it out, but do you think all of the effort by the various nations involved was solely to rescue a pirated vessel in the North Sea?

I stand my my statement, most of the world doesn't even know about this event, that's why it's a successful cover-up. People like us and sites like this don't matter in the grand scheme of media information. Not without the smoking gun of finding out what else was on board that vessel. That has been taken care of, hence the success of the operation.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
What this all comes down to is a intentional cover-up by multiple nations as to what really occurred.

So, who were the countries doing the cover-up and what do you think was the reasons behind it?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The cargo could have been People... literally do you know how big the human trafficking industries are? Its big business.

I remember reading somewhere the Kim Jung ll had 300 scandinavian sex slaves.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

You only answered half of what I asked, but thanks for that.

Now, could you please answer the other half, who were the countries doing the cover-up? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
So, who were the countries doing the cover-up and what do you think was the reasons behind it?

Most prominently Russia, I do think the Arctic Sea was transporting "something" other than timber. I would also tend to think the country with the most balls to "hijack" the ship would be the Israelis, most probably because the hidden cargo was something they couldn't have reach it's destination. Finland, the UK and U.S. probably played support roles, either with keeping the Russians off the trail or perhaps even being the ones to remove the extra cargo on the ship. Russia couldn't admit what was really on board, the Israelis and the UK and U.S. would allow the Russians enough wiggle room to get out of the mess without anyone really knowing what transpired. It all worked...... Nobody knows what really occurred, everyone has plausible deniablity that nothing really happened.

All we have is a the first major case of piracy to occur in the North Sea causes the Russian fleet to go ape@#$@ looking for the vessel. Once it is found, the crew and suspects, 22 people total, are supposedly brought home in two Ilyushin Il-76 transport planes, each capable of carrying over 40 tons of cargo. Yeah, you are right, nothing out of the ordinary about this event.

I'm not saying my theory is the correct one, but there sure are a lot of strange events related to this escapade.
edit on 31-1-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Yeah, you are right, nothing out of the ordinary about this event.
I didn't say that.

edit on 1/2/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I didn't say that.

edit on 1/2/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

You are correct, that was in response to others. Sorry about that. Apologies on that.

It's one of those weird events that never gets explained satisfactorily, and the world moves on..... I still think something fairly big, went down. We just won't know about it for decades. If everyone wants to keep their mouth shut about it, you know it was important.

There should be a thread with all the similar kind of unexplained events involving multiple governments. It's truly the cloak and dagger kind of diplomacy that I find fascinating. Sort of like the U.S.'s involvement in all the colored revolutions in Eastern Europe. You know a lot happened, but both sides don't talk much about it.
edit on 1-2-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just in case anyone is still interested?

The Arctic Sea is still operating but has been bought & sold a couple of times since the "curious" events which unfolded in this thread.
It has now been renamed "Shelley Express" and is currently operating in the med!

I had a good read through this thread today, and it still remains one of my favourite "unsolved" mystery threads ere on ATS.

Great stuff!

GTD

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is an old thread, but this would be interesting to add.

Russia used this particular case as trying to influence the local elections in Estonia.

One of the strongest mayoral candidates in Tallinn (capital of Estonia) elections is Kross, a guy whom Russia suspects in being involved in the hijacking of the Arctic Sea ship. The opposition of his party is a russian-minded party, who has been in power during last years, mainly due to votes from Russians, who stayed in Tallinn after the Soviet Union crashed. They are not citizens, yet they registered to live in the city, so they can vote in city elections, but not parliament elections.

Yesterday, a day before the elections, suddenly Kross was added to Interpol wanted list at Moscow´s request.

Members of Estonia’s government accused neighboring Russia of interfering in local politics after a candidate for mayor of the capital, Tallinn, was placed on Interpol’s wanted list on the eve of municipal elections.

www.bloomberg.com...

Interpol posted a notice on its website late on Friday that Kross, a candidate for the mayor of Tallinn, is being “wanted by the judicial authorities of Russia for prosecution or to serve a sentence” on charges “organization of piracy.”

en.ria.ru...

Very dirty move in my opinion, especially the timing. The results of elections are not out yet, but I hope it did not influence the results much and the city will get new parties in power, but well, time will tell.

top topics

<< 49  50  51   >>

join