It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Hey,
Right back at'ya!!
I'd rather be wrong, and have people laugh, than be the guy out of Monty Python, "I'm not dead;YET".

The world as a whole is in the crapper, and distractions are needed by the PTB.

Being vigilant, and alert is better than trying to sweep events off under the rug; so your dull life can keep on trucking through uneventful.

IMHO the reason there hasn't been another 9/11 is because of 'wacky people' saying what's on their mind, and letting the PTB know, that we KNOW.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Yes, your correct, perhaps I should have re worded it.

I've said it throughout the thread; I'd rather be laughed at, and proven wrong, than to even be close to the truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Well, the speculation around this topic is certainly vibrant but as of now that's all it is. Some people around here are throwing out some good tom clancy or dan brown plot lines, but unfortunately I don't think we're any closer to the truth then we were when this story first broke. I think something conspiratorial is going on here, and I'm not one who goes the conspiracy route before all else. This is such a weird story.

You mean like:

Tom Clancy's 1999 video game, Ghost Recon, managed to predict the conflict nine years in advance. Consider the description of Ghost Recon from the product's web site: Eastern Europe, 2008 The world teeters on the brink of war. Radical ultranationalists have seized power in Moscow - their goal, the reestablishment of the old Soviet empire. . . . For one small group of elite soldiers, the war has already begun: U.S. Special Forces Group 5, First Battalion, D Company. Deployed on peacekeping duty to the Republic of Georgia in the Caucasus, this handful of Green Berets represents the very tip of the spear - the first line of defense. Equipped with the latest battlefield technology, and trained in the latest techniques of covert warfare, they strike - swiftly, silently, and invisibly.

?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by flysse]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Very Odd, I think

- This ship did have some sort of unspecified cargo, what it was is anyone’s guess

- It says the pirates left on speed boats. So, what ever was onboard the ship wasn’t smuggled off by the pirates. It must be big and heavy to need a freighter ship to transport it, other wise it would be in a suitcase.

- If the ship could radio for help and advise after the ordeal was over, it would have been able to radio in its position and its course of action. It didn’t, so what ever happened was sudden.

I think, what ever was on the ship was better to be lost, than taken.
The pirates boarded the ship, beat the crew to cough up intelligence. Set charges, then left.

The ship radio what happened, then boom. it was sunk.

Maybe the cargo was so crude, it couldn’t be safely destroyed or removed?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

No, I haven't read it. But I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I love this thread. The info and possible scenario's! What if they were high jacked for instance. Its been said in previous posts that communication systems were down! Fair enough but Are these Captains not taught to sail ships using non electronic means.

What if they were high jacked and released?

When I learnt to fly I was not allowed to use a Garmin GPS! I had to trust my instruments.

So in saying that, every captain must be able to navigate his ship without electronic aid, its the first thing youo must learn in navigation. Aviation and Maritime training are similar in many ways.

This why my last post mentioned a news release from fm104.ie mentioned Russian vessels following our ship.

This captain could sail without any communication and reach his destination.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Actually, now that I think of it... It could be a "focused microwave emitter designed to eliminate the enemies water supply..."

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by epete22

Originally posted by j2000
Heard something on the tellie in the other room that it was drugs and guns.
No Nukes.

J - You wouldnt be relying on TV for your reliable information would you?

Of Course!
Obama is the greatest thing in the world!

No he's not!

Yes he is!

I report, you decide.....................lol

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by burntheships

Perhaps comm. was lost in a second attack by those masked individuals. Sounds like they gave up too easily. First time was most likely to see if they just give up whatever minus a fight.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yes, but it was openly carrying a load of timber/wood. That would be floating everywhere. Yet, it's not??? Why not??? The ship is somewhere, and that's not good.

I could speculate all night long, but the fact of being a busy shipping area combined with multiple ports looking for it, to me shows involvement at the multinational level to present the case for a "hyjacked ship with special cargo=nuke going where?"

I don't see how anyone could say the case isn't there. The world, or at least the US is in a tail spin. The PTB in the states need a war asap to distract against the failing economy, and coming collapse.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Welcome to an intelligent debate.

We've looked at the story, pointed out discrepancies that are not just speculation, but actual discrepancies, and debated the reasons for that.

It's not every day a vessel of this size just vanishes, after such a mysterious encounter, it is note worthy and deserves some investigative thought.

If that doesn't meet with your approval, maybe pop off to another thread where such conversations are limited to NWO fantasies or dubious UFO footage?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just finished reading through this thread and I have a couple things to say.

Firstly is wow, I haven't been watching the news and I haven't heard of any of this mess. I'm glad I read ATS to find out about events in the world that I wouldn't normally hear about.

Secondly... as someone stated earlier most of this thread consists of people coming up with some nice Tom Clancy plots. From what I understand the ship is still lost, cargo is still unknown... and the only read thing is that there are Russian subs off the East US coast with some warships.

To throw my own conspiracy theory into the mix.. perhaps this event has something to do with the August 15th prophecy? I was reading a thread last night about it and it linked some video from youtube etc.

Supposedly something big is supposed to happen on August 15th 2009... if you guys don't know what I am talking about I'll try and dig up a link.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

I wish people would actually read through the details of this story before responding insultingly to the knowledgable posters in this thread.

The radio and GPS/Tracking are different items of hardware. No communications have been recieved since Dover or France (I believe), and their signal on tracking was lost at a similar time.

Sure the captain and crew could continue on their journey and arrive without either, but...
They were due to have arrived at their destination already!

So where are they?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

I replied to that Tom Clancy plot post. But, most of us agree something weird is going on. And are speculating to the best of what we know so far. This is actually a great thread so far.

And as far as Tom Clancy plots: Ghost Recon (1999) - August 2008 - Georgia vs. South Ossetia.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by flysse

I don't think it is quite like in your source, but my gawd the similarities are amazing; just like an insider spilling a perverted since of the beans!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by flysse

And as far as Tom Clancy plots: Ghost Recon (1999) - August 2008 - Georgia vs. South Ossetia.

What about the ultranationalists who take over Moscow and the handful of elite American green berets who destroy them?

link   

Please, I'd like to hear your theory,

and NO I've heard nothing about august 15, but I put NO faith into dates, now what we are discussing here, combined with approximation I believe.

link   
reply to post by flysse

I agree something odd is going on... there's something that someone higher up doesn't want the public to know, or TPTB doesn't know what is going on (which I seriously doubt)

This is definately one of the most interesting threads I've read in a long time, much less one I've read entirely through. I hope we all find out what is going on.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My guess is that ship is sitting at the bottom of the ocean. The "cargo" was removed by U.S. Navy Seals, crew are being held in Guantanamo, and the ship was scuttled.

This whole story about the crew making contact to tell of a hijacking (after their communications equipment was destroyed no less!) is pure cover story designed to obfuscate the reality of the op.

The last thing the U.S. economy/public needs to hear about is that a freighter loaded with a nuclear weapon was, at one point, headed towards the U.S. That would cause WAY too much panic/uncertainty at the worst possible time. So the entire thing had to be swept under the rug, and an open ended cover story created. The holes in said story will be filled in by speculation (what we are doing) to further confuse the truth.

What we are hearing about is that cover story.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
After a few quick articles I have come to the conclusion that *I* can't do anything but watch it unfold.

There are conflicting reports as to where exactly the ship was last seen. Where the ship lost contact with *multiple* tracking systems. Even as to whether they actually radioed in that they had been boarded. So without access to the cargo logs and tracking systems I am at an empasse.

Some Chief of some Maritime Institute involved has said that he believes this is some contractual dispute between the owner of the vessel and an outside party and that he firmly believes that the ship is somewhere along the Western Coast of Africa at this point. From there it will be repainted and the crew dropped off at some obscure harbor...

I noted the Africa connection.

If these are the same group of Pirates operating this far north, they are well funded indeed.

I don't buy that crap though.

It only goes to further my initial intuition that this entire thing is staged and they smuggled sensitive goods SOMEWHERE. Where, we likely won't know.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by JayinAR]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join