It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I agree with you, and the Georgia thing was something I was hoping was not a mention in this thread. Is South Ossetia in this scenario?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

The Black Sea ? It's really a bold plan. You steal a Russian ship, then travel round Europe and have the guts to pass by the Russian Black Sea Fleet which is very likely sitting there waiting for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Regarding subs in the Baltic and detection. I guess many here remember the "Whisky on the rocks" incident of 1981? If the Whisky sub didn't have the accident and ended up on the rocks, the Swedes would never had known it was there. It would likely have remained undetected. That was a very embarrassing episode for Russia, but it was also a very serious incidence that almost triggered a war between Sweden and Russia. Swedish artillery had orders to shoot, and Russian destroyers were only 60 seconds from being fired on when they turned around.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Like leading us into something; in this manner we aren't as shocked, and our subconscious is prepared for the next lie fed to us.

This is the way it is done... obviously.
Remember all of the Somali Pirate stories that seem to have just disappeared?

Same thing, masked men in a speed-boat. Except this time they are stationed off the Coast of Finland? Calling themselves interpol?

But the masked men in the speed-boat is what resonates.

Makes people go: "Oh, here we go again."

Until eventually they decide the time is right. And nobody is the wiser.

A test run of a state-sponsored terrorist organization.
I would wager there was no distress call at all. They simply wanted to 'disappear' a ship for whatever reason and told that BS story.
I would also wager that they weren't approached by anyone in ANY boat. Just had some plants on the ship. The story is fabricated to let people know 'why' this ship has gone missing and they used the masked routine to bore people of it.

From where I sit, this nuke that was on that ship (I have no direct knowledge there WAS a nuke, but seems to me it must be something of that nature) is now sitting wherever that other nuke is that went missing out of that Air Force Base in North Dakota.

To be used later.

PS, Great thread!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

IMHO, there is a chess game of grand proportions occurring right now. Sure, there have always been little ones, but we are posturing on WW 3 right now.

Yes, South Ossetia plays into this as well as Georgia. After the 08-08-08 episode in Georgia, the Russians have moved a LOT of stuff into Venezuela, and have 'made ready' Cuba.

I fully believe that if Russia had been bogged down with Georgia last year, that right now we'd be in full scale war with Iran.

Russia must be distracted. There is a Great Game afterall.

I still postulate that this ship was purposely taken by NWO PTB(yes there are a few empires out there as shown in the Great Game). They have taken it to set off a false flag somewhere that can be blamed on Russia, and of course spun on Iran.

I could be wrong, as I left the OP open. I think as we ALL can see the world posturing on war, we all need to be VIGILANT for any, and all possibilities.

It is my greatest hope this ship turns up just fine. I'd rather look silly than right.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lets just hope its not a nuke that went missing.

That would be very bad

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
reply to post by Helmkat

Regarding subs in the Baltic and detection. I guess many here remember the "Whisky on the rocks" incident of 1981? If the Whisky sub didn't have the accident and ended up on the rocks, the Swedes would never had known it was there. It would likely have remained undetected. That was a very embarrassing episode for Russia, but it was also a very serious incidence that almost triggered a war between Sweden and Russia. Swedish artillery had orders to shoot, and Russian destroyers were only 60 seconds from being fired on when they turned around.

When I was in the region which not long after the incident you mention, I talked to several Danes and West Germans, they all remarked how everyone in the Baltic really, really disliked the Russians (of that time). I can tell you their(Russian) ships were everywhere and -very- confrontational. The Swedes were very no nonsence with everyone, heck when those Viggens buzzed our ship our OOD freaked out and thought they were Russian! I was LOL, no those are Swedish! and I think that freaked him out more "Why are the Swedes buzzing us!".

I think the really fishy part of this whole thing is this incident of "piracy" started in the Baltic and if the feelings toward Russia today are like they were in the 80's its not to hard to imagine the Swedes/Danes etc. looking the other way or being complicit in some fashion.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
I would expect we see the ship lumber cargo to be found floating someplace soon. The reduced weight would increase speed and fuel efficency, extending its range considerably.

Well, this was precisely the reason it is not believed to have sunk. If the ship had sunk (after sabotage by whoever boarded it) then the cargo of timber would be easily seen within a couple of days at most.

So, if the timber is seen, chances are good that it would have sunk.

But that also makes me wonder why this hasn't been done. If they really do want the ship to "disappear" they would have dumped the cargo to give the impression of it having sunk. That would give them time to change the ID of the vessel, it would delay the search.

So, we know the ship hasn't sunk
We know they don't care if people know it's missing

This really is a very suspicious series of events. But Russia and her deep interest in finding this vessel is what concerns me more.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
reply to post by Helmkat

The Black Sea ? It's really a bold plan. You steal a Russian ship, then travel round Europe and have the guts to pass by the Russian Black Sea Fleet which is very likely sitting there waiting for you.

The Russian fleet is not the grand aramada it once was and they are not the only game in town in the Black sea anyone. Would this be a tricky stunt to pull off? sure would! but what a coup it would be if you did and if you had a little help from your friends...

Let me say again this is just a thought experiment for me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

It is most likely a Russian ship, but it does/did have a Maltese flag.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The only reason they even TOLD you there was lumber on the ship was so that they can make it disappear for good. After the nuke is offloaded, of course.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Helmkat
I would expect we see the ship lumber cargo to be found floating someplace soon. The reduced weight would increase speed and fuel efficency, extending its range considerably.

Well, this was precisely the reason it is not believed to have sunk. If the ship had sunk (after sabotage by whoever boarded it) then the cargo of timber would be easily seen within a couple of days at most.

So, if the timber is seen, chances are good that it would have sunk.

But that also makes me wonder why this hasn't been done. If they really do want the ship to "disappear" they would have dumped the cargo to give the impression of it having sunk. That would give them time to change the ID of the vessel, it would delay the search.

So, we know the ship hasn't sunk
We know they don't care if people know it's missing

This really is a very suspicious series of events. But Russia and her deep interest in finding this vessel is what concerns me more.

Tricky, no?

The media says "Oh if we find the cargo, it sunk."

Well that is not the only reason you might find the cargo! You can bet they didn't want the wood when cargos of more value were all around them! If I was the Captain of that ship trying to get someplace clandestine I would try and get rid of that wood as soon as I could, throw any pursuers off with notions of "did they sink?" and forcing them to recalculate search parameters because now you can pull a few more knots of speed or go farther at the same speed.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Heard something on the tellie in the other room that it was drugs and guns.
No Nukes.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by flysse

have you read joel rosenbergs 'dead heat'? First he came out with a book in 1999 called the last jihad or something where russians flew planes into buildings then in dead heat he says north korea will launch nukes from fishing boats off the east and west coasts taking out all high level government officials. I am a firm believer life imitates art.

PS. Vick signed with the Philadelphia Eagles lol

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Heard something on the tellie in the other room that it was drugs and guns.
No Nukes.

J - You wouldnt be relying on TV for your reliable information would you?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
okay, so we are all of the almost consensus that Nations were involved. That to me is very icky.

You know the webbot supposedly picked it's prophecies from consensus; something about an underlying singularity of thought.

I'd have to wonder at the very least, this being a highly organized theft, and MSM seemingly complying with that, where this will go?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A thread full of wild speculation, outrageous theories and paranoid delusions - where are the links to facts, posts, photos, web posts, documents, videos or any form of independant thought or analysis - oh thats right its the NEW ATS - garbage threads one after another littered with insane ramblings from people who are simply too lazy to actually do any research -

Deny ignorance - riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight !

The ability of people here to stoop so quickly to the lowest moronic common denominator is actually astonishing - it beggars belief that people are that dim witted.

ITS THE RUSKIES !!! Quick get McCarthy on the BLOWER.....it could be the Mafia, Romanian OCG, Algerians, Irish OCG, British drug cartels, MI6, CIA, French, German, Polish etc, etc, etc - we have NO IDEA, and there is no research being done - just random stupid (for being so mundane) theories from the table of stereo typical paranoia -

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Its just been reported on Fm 102.2 (Q102.ie) news in Ireland that this vessel may be being followed (tracked) through the straights of Gibraltar by Russian Navy vessels.

Cant say its breaking news but its fairly up to the minute.

Anyone else heard this!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rmiller196

I don't think they're interested in the winner/loser scenario. I believe they'd take backing from any country that would oppose us. Whether Russia and the US are supposedly friendly right now.

Here's why I think Russia would back Iran:

Russia says no to Iran Sanctions

Russia, Iran Harden Against the West

Russia's role in the Iran crisis.

and why China would back North Korea:

The China - North Korea Relationship

China keeps U.S. waiting on North Korea's future.

China urges diplomacy in Iran, North Korea nuke rows

And below: the outline as written by Albert Pike:

Preparing for World War III

[edit on 13-8-2009 by flysse]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

The story gets stranger, and stranger. It's a Russian registered ship; with Russian crew, but whatever loaded with left port out of Finland.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

Well, the fact that it was a Russian registered ship leaving from Finland isn't strange at all.
There are leaving Chinese registered ships all the time from ports in the US for example. So, that doesn't say anything.

However, interesting find!

In my opinion there is too much doom and gloom interpretation where there isn't really anything. Strange? YES! End of the world? NO!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join