It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the Ammo go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I was warned last year before the election, that both Ammo and certain firearms would dry up, if Obama won. He did, and it has!

I sold my Jaguar XJS sport car, and used the money to buy several weapons, and lots of ammo in 2008 before the election. Gut instinct told me, that if I waited, I'd be sorry. I was right.

I can always buy another Jaguar...but, getting a hold of para military style "assault weapons" are proving to be more and more difficult.
Especiallly at affordable prices. There is price gouging going on right now.
The gun shops are upping the prices monthly. Not very sporting of them, but, that is what happens when there is a national run on guns and ammo.

The only way to really supply yourself with ammo, is to go to any of the big gun and knife shows, or buy from an online dealer who sells bulk ammo in thousand round lots. That is that way I have done it.

All it is going to take, is one major incident, that will be manufactured, to end all sales of "BLACK" assault rifles, 10 round+magazines, the ammo they need, and any parts to keep them firing!

That event is just around the corner. Then, expect an attempt at gun confiscations...The anti-gunners will want to make everyone who owns one of these weapons a "criminal and terrorist". It is coming, I can feel it!

Get them while you can, at any price...before you can't!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
reply to post by sapperranger04

You can get .22 LR at outdoor america for under $20 a box.

They are on Mac Arthur just south of 23rd st.

Pistol ammo you are likely going to need to order it online,
or get reloading materials if you can find those.

I went to Outdoor America as well, They had the smaller boxes of 22lr. like 50 rnds for 18 bucks i think. But they were out of the bulk sizes.
But my friend, you are right, The Internet may be a persons best friend when looking for Ammo.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by sapperranger04]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by sapperranger04]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Ive already messaged my friends to make sure they will have ammo for the next time i visit.

Me using a handgun for the first time . lol

[edit on 13-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Ive already messaged my friends to make sure they will have ammo for the next time i visit.

Me using a handgun for the first time . lol

Nice shot. what pistol were you using?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It was a Beretta 9m. Its a very nice gun. Very accurate i found , though it jammed quite a few times

I tried the Glock 9m last time i went but i didnt like it as much. But saying that it didnt jam once.

I still cant get over how cheap it is to. I payed $52 for the hire of the gun, some ammo,the lane, ear and eye protection and a few targets. In the UK you would have to pay more for that just to go paintballing.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapperranger04

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

You can get .22 LR at outdoor america for under $20 a box.

I went to Outdoor America as well, They had the smaller boxes of 22lr. like 50 rnds for 18 bucks i think. But they were out of the bulk sizes.
But my friend, you are right, The Internet may be a persons best friend when looking for Ammo

That is amazing, I just bought some there less than a week ago and
they had decent stock of it.

Guess word got out and it is gone now.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well I am sure you won't believe me but I don't care...went to my gun store a week or so ago...jam packed...loaded and ready to sell

thank goddess the riot for ammo didn't come here

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Well I am sure you won't believe me but I don't care...went to my gun store a week or so ago...jam packed...loaded and ready to sell

thank goddess the riot for ammo didn't come here

-Kyo

Glad to hear that your store still has ammo. stock up while you can, cause before long you may not have the chance. just saying.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
It was a Beretta 9m. Its a very nice gun. Very accurate i found , though it jammed quite a few times

I tried the Glock 9m last time i went but i didnt like it as much. But saying that it didnt jam once.

I still cant get over how cheap it is to. I payed $52 for the hire of the gun, some ammo,the lane, ear and eye protection and a few targets. In the UK you would have to pay more for that just to go paintballing.

Sounds like a good deal. The berreta's are nice. simple as well.
I got lucky with my gun, I picked up a para ordnance nighttack match .45 acp. its actualy the one in my avitar. I love it, has never jammed or failed me yet, and it is very smooth. dont think id trade it for anything. The only down side to it is that it weighs a ton when loaded with the double stack mag.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That looks like a very nice bit of kit. What does something like that cost then?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
well i know it was rediculasly expensive, but $1400 sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Shooters from all across the country are complaining about an ammo shortage — and no one seems to know why.

www.fortliberty.org...

It does seem to make since. If we are using our metals to make ammo for the gov and wars, then there would be a shortage on metals to make ammo for other caliburs and civilion use.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
To the poster, Sorry you had to find this out so late. the time to stock up was last year. hope you have some luck now.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Where's all the ammo? Hmmm, a good portion of it has found its way into several of my gun lockers and those of my shooting buddies!
I ain't gettin' caught without any - not with this assclown in office!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yea, i didnt get the memo on the ammo situation cause i was still in Iraq. Hell we was gone from base so much, we didnt even get the chance to vote for president.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Please don't shoot at anyones dogs or kids. A scotman shot his brown Cairn terrier (Toto) and was devistated. This created a new terrier breed, the white Westie. I have a neighbor who shoots his gun off at all hours of the night occasionally. This makes the suberbanite neighbors scared in thier beds at two am, and upset to be woken up. Is that legal? Isn't that crazy? Who does that? Is the ammo diappearing due to the flu? or 2012?
or the possibility of alien contact? I took a walk inthe woods 14 years ago in Virgina, I got off my land and ran into a man with a rifle. I said Hi, Bye, and left fast. That was truely creepy. When my neighbor fires off his gun here in this new state, I feel like I can't even do my yard work.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Frugal, come on really,..you should be afraid, your next door dude sound like a nut job. and someone of authority should be made aware. Cause thats just not right.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
what a sad story. how are you supposed to shoot holes in animals and other people now

myabe if you and worked on using more than 1 % of your brain you would realize its infintly more powerful than a piece of metal compensating for your lifes "shortcomings".

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Your posts are the very reason I felt it necessary to voice my opinion.

In my case, out of three times dealing with them, two times I was scammed.
Yes, scammed.
The first and third time I dealt with them, I ordered ammo that was supposedly "In Stock".
After paying with my c.c. and waiting roughly a week in each case, I called to inquire about my purchase.
Guess what. Out of stock.
Not only that, but they then refused to honor the sales price that I purchased the product at.
The first time this happened, I figured whatever, and placed the remainder of the amount on my c.c. and amazingly, ammo showed up days later.
The third time I purchased (2nd was no problem), the exact same thing occurred, only difference being the calibers I ordered.
This time I told them I wouldn't pay the difference, and wanted their advertised sale price, which was "In Stock" when I ordered.
They refused, so I asked them to credit my c.c. and cancel my order..
After several calls to them, the refunded my money. Six months later.

Don't understand your gripe here, did you have a bad experience with them or are you just being a ninny and stirring up crap for no reason?

So, no, not being a ninny, and, when I do stir up crap,
I have a pretty solid reason.

Oh yeah, while I was dealing with getting my refund (for six months)
the exact same thing happened to my uncle, who happened to be purchasing some deer rounds from them on my recommendation

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Oaktree]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
if you are lookin for ammo, look at nachez.com, they just got restocked, ive never ordered from them, but my buddy has and is very pleased with them, i usually use cheaperthandirt.com, but they have been out of stock of all ammo, except 7.62x39(which i stocked up on).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join