It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the Ammo go?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So today, i was on my way home from a doc appointment, and i decided to stop in at my local Bass Pro shop and pick up some ammo. Nope. they didnt have any. well they had some but not the good stuff. They didnt have any .45, 22lr,243,357, or 410 slug. I mean realy,, its a sporting goods store, youd think that they would have that stuff. 3 months ago they had it all, now there shelves are almost bone dry except for shotgun shells. So anyway i left there and went to Academy sports and outdoors. they were all out as well, they only 22 shells they had were the short ones, and they only had 2 boxes, what good is that going to do me.. so anyway, left there and hit up 2 big super walmarts, and guess what,, no ammo.

I didnt realize things were getting this bad. I mean, yea i stock up on rounds but i dont buy as much as i can in one trip. so whats the deal, is it the people or the gov making the bullets disapear?

I guess ill have to start looking online for ammo. Last week i was at a gun show and they had all there ammo marked up by at least 20 bucks. out friking ragis.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
All the ammo is being produced to government contracts. I know that is scary, but there you have it. Try Steven Quayle's website. He talked about it on C2C the other night.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's all gone.

Remarkable!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/d6cf013d863b898c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
where have you been? it has been this way sence january.

I know that I haven't been able to get ammo or primers sence I got home from Iraq in Jan.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Smokinbbl]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That all sounds a bit scary. Good luck guys

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sapperranger04

Buddy, this took me five minutes to find....take a little time to research and you can get anything you want.

I would also add you're getting ripped off at Bass "corporate shill" Pro Shop.

.45 IN STOCK!

.22 LR, IN STOCK!

.243, IN STOCK!

.357, IN STOCK!

By the way, I didn't just pick some random sight, I get alot of my ammo from here and I can tell you they are an excellent site. They also deliver promptly!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Buddy, this took me five minutes to find....take a little time to research and you can get anything you want.

I would also add you're getting ripped off at Bass "corporate shill" Pro Shop.

.45 IN STOCK!

.22 LR, IN STOCK!

.243, IN STOCK!

.357, IN STOCK!

By the way, I didn't just pick some random sight, I get alot of my ammo from here and I can tell you they are an excellent site. They also deliver promptly!!!!

Man, u are my new best friend. thanks for the links, i looked a lil bit ago at some other links but didnt have any instock and was way over priced.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

They are the best!!!!

Not just ammo either, they have tons of quality outdoors stuff, which is cheap and still good quality.

Hope you get everything you need!!!

By the way.....RANGERS LEAD THE WAY, ALL THE WAY! HOOAH!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by OnTheFelt]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Thanks bud, was running low m'self!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyheathen

Here you go

answers.yahoo.com...

Wow, guess i have been sleeping a bit to much. i didnt realize that things got that bad. Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I go shooting every time i visit the US. You guys are so lucky to be able to do it whenever you want

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
I go shooting every time i visit the US. You guys are so lucky to be able to do it whenever you want

I dont think were so lucky anymore. We cant get the ammo to go shooting. All we can do now is sit and wait for an opportunity to try out the stocked ammo. LOL But yea, it is nice to go out and do some target practice or go hunting on our days off.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by sapperranger04]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That's an easy question - the folks in Georgia bought it all. haha

There was a house here that got hit by lightening and caught fire. They couldn't put it out b/c there was like 1k rounds of ammunition firing every which way. I was waiting on them to start saying people could not keep ammo in their homes because of new fire codes or something after that.

But, seriously, if you remember companies that supply the US with bullets were having problems providing ammo to the war effort just a few years into the Iraq war. No doubt folks making ammo for private sector have been diverted probably to help with that.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Good site!! I was begining to run low myself

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Sportsmans guide is fantastic. I do wish they carried some actual guns (occasionally they have something like old mausers). But there are plenty of guns out there. The great thing about them is they were never sold out of any ammo at any point that I can remember, even right after the election when everyone else was out. No price gouging, the prices are fair. Also lots of great accessories like hard to find aftermarket magazines.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The government found it was essayer to cut off our ammo than to take our guns from us. I know a man that has a muzzle loader and found to hard to get powder and primers for it. He is now trying cutting the heads off paper matches for powder and using the plastic primer caps found in kids toys like the cap bomb or cap pistol. I have yet to get to ask him how well this works.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

There was a house here that got hit by lightening and caught fire. They couldn't put it out b/c there was like 1k rounds of ammunition firing every which way. I was waiting on them to start saying people could not keep ammo in their homes because of new fire codes or something after that.

As a vol firefighter i have fought many a house fire with ammo inside.
the only thing a would worry about is if it was 1K of .50 bmg or bigger ammo.
or 10,000+ rounds of hunting ammo.

A firehose stream at 200 psi will reach over 100 feet.
and a fire monitor will reach over a fire truck and hit almost any house if we have to fight a fire from cover.
www.qs119.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by hadriana

As a vol firefighter i have fought many a house fire with ammo inside.
the only thing a would worry about is if it was 1K of .50 bmg or bigger ammo.
or 10,000+ rounds of hunting ammo.

A firehose stream at 200 psi will reach over 100 feet.
and a fire monitor will reach over a fire truck and hit almost any house if we have to fight a fire from cover.
www.qs119.com...

The thing about ammo cooking off in a house fire is the lead bullet (unless it is in a gun barrel) is not what you have to worry about. The lead bullet will only travel a foot at most. The brass casing is what you have to worry about hitting and killing you. Luckily the brass casing is light and does not travel far. I know a firefighter that got "shot" in the leg at a car fire. The remove the brass casing from a .45 from his leg.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Regarding Sportsmans Guide, I have two words: Buyer Beware!
Do a bit of research before dealing with this group. Google them.
I wish I had.
Ask yourself how one company can have the the inside line on these goods, when others can't obtain the same goods.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join