It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the Ammo go?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Wow that just sucks. 6 months for a refund? id be pretty Pi##ed off myself if that happend to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My thought about the matter is if they can take our guns away, stop making ammo, in order to make guns useless.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Locutis

Well one person already stated somthing of that nature, i think they said...
Instead of violation our right to bear arms, just take away the ammo and your arms are worthless. well its not word for word, but u get the gist of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sapperranger04

Right. And that was nearly an $800 dollar order.
I'm not a rich man, that was quite a few clams for me.
It was late summer/early fall '07.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I believe they will never be able to change the 2nd Amendment, without consequences, so if they raise the prices on ammo or claim there is none, then, not all but, alot of people will eventual just quit buying guns or looking for ammo. Causing gun companys to go out of business or just supply to large orders like military or police.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pluto64
Good site!! I was begining to run low myself

Was you? Wow I'v never known bullets to move so fast

5 star delivery service

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 11b1p

Ive been to that website before, they seem to have some ammo stocked up and some decent prices. i just worry about things getting back orderd and not recieving the ammo till its to late.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I live in Alberta and I travel to Saskatchewan for work regularily. I have been having problems getting ammo also.

In my local area there is a Walmart, a UFA (Farm supply store) and a Canadian Tire (CT). I can also drive over an hour to the new Bass Pro Store or other places around Calgary.

Bass Pro has had 22LR in boxes of 50 and 100 but no larger boxes. They are $7 per 100. They have had no 303 British since opening and no 12 gauge in 00 buck shot, 308 has been scarce in anything but low grain weight rounds.

My local walmart has 303 but no 308 or 223 for months, they only have 12 gauge in the #4 shot size and 22lr in 500 round bulk boxes.

The CT has had 22lr rounds but not much else.

The UFA has a great deal on 500 rounds of 22LR for $17, 40 grain round nose. They also have 303 for $25 for 20 rounds but have been out for weeks.

I was getting bumbed about doing any shooting this fall, till today. I was travelling in rural Sask and found a CT here that had a huge selection of ammo. I was surprised in Alberta we have shortages. I found 5 boxes of bulk 500 rnd boxes of 22LR in 38 grain hollow point for $25 per box. I also finally got some 308 and I got two boxes of 303 ammo. It was more expensive but at least it was available.

I ordered ammo that was listed as in stock from Cabellas.ca and that was amonth ago and it's still not arrived. I phoned and was told it's out of stock and will be filled when it shows up.

So if you search you can find ammo but it's not always easy and sometimes you have to go 1000km from home to find it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I feel ya, I spent 3 hours of my day today looking for ammo, and most of the ammo i found was either way over priced, or it was junk low grade stuff. Like i said before, look into pawn shops, they seem to still have there head in the game.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Pawn shops up here can't sell ammo.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

wow that realy sucks.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I honestly don't see the need...I have a few boxes and I would lay a paycheck down that this store won't run out

just sayin

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

You can get .22 LR at outdoor america for under $20 a box.

They are on Mac Arthur just south of 23rd st.

Pistol ammo you are likely going to need to order it online,
or get reloading materials if you can find those.

$20 a box? 10 years ago I was buying 22LR for less than $10 a brick (500 rounds- 10 boxes of 50 rounds each)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I been thinking about this. I think this is going to backfire on them on the long run. First off it is going to make a big black market for ammo. Second it is going to push the development of other types of fire arms. I see the black powder muzzle loader making a big come back. And some make think this is a little crazy but I see this pushing the development of "energy displacement weaponry" also known as ray guns and the like. There are a lot of smart people working on such things right now in there basements.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ya can'r even get ammo at walmart, at least the "good stuff'

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ya can't even get ammo at walmart, at least the "good stuff'

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I was in Academy the other day & over heard the sales man telling a customer they only are getting 20% of what they are ordering, if they're lucky. He said sometimes they go weeks with out any new ammo shipped. This was in Dallas.

You have the right to bear arms... just not the bullets

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Ya can'r even get ammo at walmart, at least the "good stuff'

have you ever been able to get "good' ammo at walmart, they only have crappy stuff in the walmarts here. so far, the best place to get ammo from is the net, everyone here is waaaaaaaay over priced. the other day i went to the gun range, and of course you have to use "their" ammo, i paid 53 bucks for 50 rounds of 45 acp! i hated to do it, but i had to, its too damn hot right now to go outside and shoot. so far the best net places are cheaperthan.com, nachez, and ammo2 go.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by 11b1p]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
OK i made a few enquiries and apparently its just a sales bubble due to Obama becoming president. The supply will return to normal as soon as people stop stocking up for civil war.lol

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ive done some more research and i inquired about reloading my own .45 shells. i spent a good deal of time at ammo depot.com and a few others, it would be outragiusly expensive to reload unless you already have the stuff to do it. I look for primers,,, most people out of stock, i looked for brass, again out of stock and back orderd.And dont even think about buying the lead, cant find any anywere. youd have to make your own lead, and that there gets pricey to. But i do think im going to start collecting the stuff i need to reload, after doing the math, you can build a quality bullet for around .70cents a round instead of a 1.20 a round.If anyone is interested in some of the site's U2U me and ill give you some links.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join